All I Want Is You

Give Me a Reason to Live

Yoona had been receiving treatment. It has been months since things happened. She and Kyuhyun had been a happy couple. Her room was practically covered in flowers. She still spends time with the kids, but she doesn’t run anymore with them. She’s losing her hair, but she doesn’t mind it. She wears a cloth to cover her head. But Kyuhyun will still tell her that she is the prettiest girl around.

 

Suddenly, Kyuhyun knocked on the door.

 

“Yoona, you have someone,” Kyuhyun said. Yoona wondered who it was. She sat up and was surprised to see who it was.

 

“Yoona…”

 

“Oppa…” Yoona did not believe who was standing.

 

“Yoona, you’re receiving treatment,” her brother was happy and hugged her. He never thought that she will be getting treatment since she was a stubborn kid. “I’m gonna thank whoever made you change your mind like this.”

 

Meanwhile, Kyuhyun was at the door, witnessing the brother and sister reunion that was happening. He was about to leave, but Yoona called him. He turned and saw Yoona signaling to go near her. He went to her and greeted her brother.

 

“Oppa, this is the reason for everything. He is Kyuhyun, my boyfriend,” Yoona introduced him.

 

“I’m Cho Kyuhyun. I’m a doctor in this hospital and Yoona’s boyfriend,” he said and stretched out his hand.

 

“I’m Im Seulong, architect, Yoona’s brother.”

 

He took Kyuhyun’s hand and pulled him into a hug. Kyuhyun was surprised while Yoona was just laughing.

 

“You don’t know how grateful I am for changing the heart of my stubborn sister,” he said.

 

“Hey, who are you calling stubborn?” She complained and the two broke the hug. Seulong teased and pinched her cheeks. The two were bickering, like any siblings out there.

 

“Mom would be so happy if she finds out you’re receiving treatment,” Seulong said. The laughter died down and the atmosphere became serious.

 

“Oppa, how are they?” Yoona asked with her head down.

 

“Omma and appa are fine, but they miss you. We miss you. You, leaving us hurt us. You should’ve thought of how we feel,” Seulong said and sat beside Yoona, wiping her tears away.

 

“But oppa, I don’t want all of you to get hurt when I die,” Yoona said.

 

“But you’re not going to die,” Kyuhyun suddenly spoke. He went to Yoona and held her hand.

 

“I told you, you’re not going to die,” Kyuhyun began to sob. “And I told you, there are many people who are going to be affected if you leave us.”

 

Yoona smiled. She forgot that she if she leaves, many people will be devastated and one of those is Kyuhyun.

 

“Oppa, is it okay if I ask you to call omma and appa to go here?” Yoona asked and her brother excused himself to call their parents.

 

“Kyuhyun,” Yoona made a space on her bed and patted it for Kyuhyun.

 

He climbed on the bed and cuddled with her. She placed her head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat.

 

“Do you hear that? It’s for you. That’s how my heart beats when I’m with you,” Kyuhyun said as she rubs her back. Yoona smiles and hugs Kyuhyun tighter. Despite getting treatment, she still gets pale and she gets thinner despite the amount of food she eats with Kyuhyun.

 

Seulong peeks from the door to see the sweet scene of the couple. They were giggling and Yoona was teasing Kyuhyun again. He can’t remember the last time he saw her sister smile this big. It was as if her life changed because of Kyuhyun. He doesn’t know how to properly thank her.

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

After lunch, Yoona, along with the other nurses, placed the children to sleep. Despite her condition, Yoona never fails to spend a moment with the children. They were like her siblings too.

 

Kyuhyun just came from a late lunch because one of the aged patients got into a . Luckily, the patient was still alive, but is under a coma. He went to check Yoona who had just patted the head of one of the girls.

 

“Sleep for now so you can be healthy, okay?” Yoona beamed and did a fighting sign to them. She turned and saw Kyuhyun at the door.

 

“Oh my God! Kyuhyun, you scared me,” Yoona said. Kyuhyun chuckled and apologized. He pulled Yoona out of the room and wrapped his arms on her waist.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Yoona cupped Kyuhyun’s face and he sighs.

 

“I’m just thinking…”

 

“Thinking about what, Kyu? Hm?” Yoona wrapped her arms on Kyuhyun’s neck. He has been thinking deep. He looks at Yoona’s eyes and he knew he could not afford to lose her.

 

“Nothing… I love you,” he smiled.

 

“I love you too,” Yoona said and leaned for a kiss. Kyuhyun pulled her closer to him and savored the kiss. They suddenly stop when they heard someone clear their throat. They immediately pulled away and saw Dr. Song standing. He went to them and just chuckled.

 

“I’m not stopping you, but it can creep people out when they see you two making out in the halls of this hospital. Do it in private next time,” he chuckled and patted Kyuhyun’s back.

 

“Oh, and Yoona, your parents have arrived,” he said and left.

 

Yoona was smiling and pulled Kyuhyun, but he didn’t move. She looked back at him and he was wearing a scared face.

 

“Are you scared that they won’t like you?” She asked and he nodded.

 

“Don’t be. Trust me, they are nice people. You’ve seen oppa,” she chuckled and gave Kyuhyun a quick peck. He took deep breaths before tightening the hold on Yoona’s hand. It’s about time for him to meet her parents.

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

Kyuhyun was fidgeting with his fingers. They were having tea with Yoona’s family. He was afraid of what her family would say.

 

“Thank you,” were the first words that her father uttered. Kyuhyun was confused. Her parents went to him and shook his hands.

 

“We are grateful to you for making our Yoona’s mind change,” they said. Kyuhyun was just surprised.

 

“Appa, omma, you’re scaring him,” Yoona said. The old couple sat up and looked at Kyuhyun. They knew that their daughter was in good hands. He must be a wonderful person to have Yoona have this decision.

 

They talked for a long time, giggling and laughing. It was like he was already welcomed to the family. Later, Seulong and Yoona wanted to order some food and were battling what food to order. Kyuhyun took this time to talk with Yoona’s parents in private.

 

“Do you need anything?” Yoona’s mother asked and Kyuhyun nodded.

 

“I know it may seem fast. I’ve been here at the hospital for less than a year and my relationship with Yoona is fast. But,” Kyuhyun rubbed his nape and sighed.

 

“But what?” Yoona’s father crossed his arms. He knows that what Kyuhyun would say is something serious.

 

“Can I ask Yoona’s hand for marriage?” he asked. Her parents were shocked, just like Kyuhyun expected. “I know it’s fast, but I don’t know until when can Yoona be with me. I want the world to know that she’s mine and that I’m his. I don’t want anyone else but her.”

 

Kyuhyun said the things that had been bothering him. He has been thinking about it for days now. Yoona might be getting treatment, but it only makes the cancer cells slower in movement. He wants to suggest to surgery, but knowing Yoona, she might say refuse.

 

He looked at his parents who looked at each other. They turned away from Kyuhyun and discussed about it. He was nervous. What if her parents disapprove of his plan? They turned to Kyuhyun and took a few steps toward him. His father looked at him intently before breaking into a smile.


 “You get my blessing,” Yoona’s father said. Kyuhyun smiled and jumped around. He hugged his parents and bowed.

 

“Now, if you excuse me, I’ll just buy a ring at the nearest jewelry store I can find,” Kyuhyun said and hugged his hopefully-parents-in-law. Kyuhyun ran, passing by the doctors. Kyuhyun stopped in front of them and panted.

 

“Please…. Help me… P-propose… to Yoona,” he breathed out. The doctors and nurses were smiling at what Kyuhyun said. He instructed them to go simple. He also asked to keep Yoona away from the area while he goes off to buy the ring. After planning, he runs into Yoona and Seulong.

 

“Oh, Kyuhyun, where are you going?” Yoona asked.

 

“Just out to buy something. See you later,” he said and pulled Yoona for a long and a little harsh kiss. When he pulled away, Yoona was just as red as a tomato. He waved his hand away and she turned to find her brother glaring at her.

 

“What?! I’m practically old enough to even marry him. Can’t I kiss him in front of you?!” Yoona complained and Seulong just rolled his eyes.

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

It was already past 8 in the evening and Kyuhyun hasn’t return. Yoona had been checking the parking lot if Kyuhyun has arrived yet.

 

“Yoona, sit down and eat,” her mother said. Her family was still at the hospital because they wanted to see what will happen later. Yoona sat own and sighed. She wanted to eat dinner with Kyuhyun, like always.

 

“But omma, Kyuhyun isn’t back yet. I don’t want to eat until he comes back,” she complained like a little child. She can act mature, but when she acts like a child, it can get out of hand. It’s her way of being stubborn and disrespectful. Like right now, she will never listen to anyone, just to Kyuhyun.

 

Just then, they heard the sound of a car and saw that Kyuhyun arrived. Yoona stood up and ran towards Kyuhyun. He smiled and hugged Yoona back.

 

“Where have you been and what did you buy?” Yoona asked. She was expecting Kyuhyun to bring something back, but there was nothing in his hands.

 

“Secret. You’ll find out later,” he said and pinched her nose. Yoona could only pout but followed Kyuhyun to the dinner table anyway.

 

“Have you eaten?” Kyuhyun asked and she shook her head.

 

“But I was waiting for you!” Yoona pouted. Kyuhyun just chuckled at how cute she was and just fed her instead. They ate dinner and washed the dishes after. Kyuhyun asked if everything was ready and Yunho nodded.

 

“Yoona,” Kyuhyun called for his girlfriend, who was helping with the dishes.

 

“Yes, Kyu?” Yoona stopped what she was doing and went to Kyuhyun.

 

“I have a surprise for you,” he said. Her eyes sparkled and Kyuhyun smiled.

 

“But I have to cover your eyes,” Kyuhyun said and covered Yoona’s eyes.

 

Everyone was excited about what was gonna happen. Kyuhyun lead Yoona out to the garden. Everyone was huddled up the entrance, wanting to see the most romantic event that was gonna happen. After a few minutes of walking, they finally stopped.

 

“Ready?” Kyuhyun asked and Yoona nodded.

 

Kyuhyun lets go of Yoona’s eyes. She blinked a few times until she gets the proper vision of what was around her. Flowers were everywhere and in the middle of the garden were a heart formed by candles.

 

“Kyu—“ Yoona turned, only to find Kyuhyun kneeling on one knee.

 

“I know things are happening so fast, but that’s why I want to ask you this question.” He took out a small red box and looked into Yoona’s eyes.

 

“I went out to buy this,” Kyuhyun said and opened the box to reveal a sparkling diamond ring. It was sparkling that the people from the inside can see it.

 

“Im Yoona, will you marry me?”

 

 

 


 

Happy New Year! ^^ Sorry it took me a long time before I could update because I finished No Other Woman and did oneshots. :p If you want, you can check them in this blog post I have, http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/95961. There's KyuNa there~ ^^  

 

Oh, better prepare for the next chapter is the last chapter. I'm still thinking if I should stick to my original ending of this or should I switch it.  Hmm.. You just have to watch out then. :D