Your Reason

Give Me a Reason to Live

 

Yunho observed Yoona and Kyuhyun. The two were closer than any other people out there. The two were giggling as they play with the kids. Kyuhyun was too happy to be with Yoona that he never noticed the physical changes of the girl.

 

Little by little, they found themselves being so comfortable with each other. Their hearts were so happy and for the first time, everyone saw how Yoona was so happy as if there was nothing she could ask for more. She was finally sure of her feelings. She just hopes that Kyuhyun feels the same way.

 

“Kyuhyun,” Yunho called for the young doctor who excused himself.

 

“Is there a problem, hyung?” He asked.

 

“We need to talk,” he said and pulled the younger with him. The two went to the nurses’ station.

 

“What do we need to talk about, hyung?” Kyuhyun asked, but was only ignored by Yunho. He looked what he was looking for and finally found it.

 

“Hyung, you’re scaring me. Please tell me what this is all about,” Kyuhyun said. He was nervous. He felt nervous. He was scared of whatever was gonna happen.

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

Kyuhyun was once again watching Yoona from afar. He was behind the window, trying to understand what he had just found out.

 

 

“Here,” Yunho handed Kyuhyun the medical record of Yoona.

 

“This is Yoona’s,” Kyuhyun said and read it.

 

“Yes. As someone who means a lot to her, you need to know this, since you are also a doctor,” Yunho said. Kyuhyun began to read Yoona’s files and was shocked to see how she often gets to be paler and her appetite decreased. Her spots had increased and he missed those.

 

“I know you love Yoona. It may just been a month, but since the two of you are always together, I can assume that your feelings for her had grew deeper. Kyuhyun, Yoona’s condition is getting worse. If she doesn’t take the chemotherapy and other treatments, we could lose her in less than a year.”

 

 

It scared him. Just when he was learning love, he found out that there really is no such thing as a happy ending. Happy endings don’t stop when the guy gets the girl of his dreams. It’s just the beginning of their love story. But how can the love story of him and her have a new beginning if they’re still at the friendship zone?

 

“Kyuhyun oppa?” He turned and saw Seohyun walking towards him.

 

“Oh, Seohyun,” he smiled.

 

“Why are you crying?” She asked and wiped a tear.

 

“Yoona,” he said and looked outside. Seohyun knew what he meant. Tiffany has been telling her. She can’t take it if she was her best friend’s nurse. She may just cry all the time.

 

“The fact that we’re gonna lose her pains me,” he said and cried. Seohyun, not knowing what to do, took a step closer and hugged Kyuhyun.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona was feeling thirsty and went in to get a glass of water. But the scene she saw when she entered crushed her heart. He saw Kyuhyun, crying, and being hugged by Seohyun. She could not understand what was happening or what she was feeling. She tried to turn away and a tear escaped her eye. Her chest wasn’t feeling good. There was a pain that she only felt this time. She trusted her heart to Kyuhyun, but now he was with Seohyun. Maybe because she wasn’t able to truly welcome Kyuhyun in her heart that he came to look for someone else. But isn’t that a bit too harsh.

 

She tried to walk away but she suddenly felt weak. She felt something liquid above her lip. She touched it and she saw that it was blood. She tried to hold on the wall for support, but she was just so weak that she failed to place her hand on the wall. She was about to fall, but someone caught her. She caught a glimpse of a panicking and worried Kyuhyun before she lost her consciousness.

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

Kyuhyun stood outside the emergency room. The rest of the doctors have decided that it would be better if Yoona would be isolated so that she would be monitored carefully.

 

“I know that this is hard for you, Kyuhyun, but you have to be strong,” Kahi told him. “Give yourself a break and drink a glass of water or coffee. We will call you as soon as she wakes up,” she assured him. Kyuhyun nodded and got ready to check up with the rest of the people.

 

When Kyuhyun left, the rest of the doctors were together.

 

“As Yoona’s doctor, I’m worried. The girl is getting weaker day by day,” Yunho sighed.

 

“I’m also worried for Kyuhyun,” Kahi said.

 

“Even though I don’t know Kyuhyun that much, I can tell that the young lad is in love with the hospital’s princess,” Dr. Song said. Dr. Song, or Joongki, as he would prefer to be called, is the head of the doctors. He just arrived from a business convention in Seoul.

 

 

Inside the room, Tiffany was checking up on Yoona. Suddenly, Yoona woke up.

 

“Yoona!” Tiffany smiled. She called for Yunho. He went in, followed by Tiffany.

 

“She’s awake. I think you should call Kyuhyun,” Yunho said, but Yoona held his wrist and she shook her head. “On second thought, don’t,” he instructed.

 

“How are you?” He asked. A tear slipped from Yoona’s eye and he wiped it away. He also felt like crying. She was like a sister to her.

 

“I never thought that God would give me a reason to live. I believed that I had hope, but I feel like losing it. If I could choose to die, I would die right now,” Yoona said.

 

“So you would want to die now?” They turned their heads and saw Kyuhyun standing at the door with tears in his eyes.

 

“I’ll just check up on you later. Tiffany, let’s go,” Yunho said and Tiffany exited too. They don’t want to interfere with the two of them.

 

“You’re just being selfish with your decisions,” Kyuhyun said and walked nearer to her bed.

 

“Why do you care? I feel like I have no one for me,” she said and faced her back to Kyuhyun. She remembered the image from earlier.

 

“I care. I really do care about you!” Kyuhyun said a little louder.


“Really?! You do?! Because from what I saw earlier, I don’t think so!” She yelled back.

 

“w\What are you talking about?! If you only know how hard it is for me to like someone like you because you’re giving up while I continue to love you! Look and listen, Im Yoona! You have a reason to live! I love you!” Kyuhyun yelled.

 

The doctors and nurses outside were all huddled up at the door. They could their conversation. They just heard how Kyuhyun says he loves her.

 

Yoona, on the other hand, was shocked at Kyuhyun’s words. Did he just say that he loves her?

 

“You’re so selfish to think that no one cares for you when in fact there are people who care about you. Maybe your family that you pushed away, they care about you even if you don’t know. There are the children here. I thought you care about them. What do you think how they’ll feel when they find out that the unni or noona that they’ve looked up to suddenly leaves them?! The doctors and nurses here have also become your family! Can you really leave them?” Kyuhyun pointed out. He had his tears falling from his face.

 

Yoona had never thought it this way. She had always thought that once she’s gone, it wouldn’t have an impact on other’s lives. It’s just now that she had touched other’s lives.

 

“And if you leave, what would happen to me?” She looked up to see Kyuhyun crying. He was looking up at the ceiling, trying to suppress his tears.

 

“Tell me, if you go, who would make me smile without any reason? Who would make my heart flutter in an unexplainable manner? Who else would I love but you? Call me crazy but being with you ever since I’ve arrived here are the best moments of my life,” Kyuhyun cried.

 

“I love you, Yoona. I love you very, very, very much. I just need to get it out of my chest just to remind you that there will always be someone who would get hurt if you decide to give up your life.”

 

He held her hand and kissed the top of her hand. He was about to let go, but Yoona held unto it tightly.

 

“Then stay here with me,” she said. Kyuhyun turned to look at her.

 

“I never thought that God would give me a reason to live any longer,” she smiled. Kyuhyun smiled and hugged Yoona. She hugged him back and cried. For the first time, she wants to live… for the children… for the friends she made… for her family… and for Kyuhyun.

 

“Oh, can you also call Yunho oppa for me?” She asked. Kyuhyun kissed the top of her head before calling Yunho.

 

“Is there anything you need?” He asked.

 

“Ne, oppa. Can you schedule me for treatments and chemotherapy?” She said.

 

“Are you sure?” Yunho thought she wasn’t serious, but she finally was. Yoona finally asked for treatments. The girl nodded and Yunho smiled.

 

“I just finally got a reason to live,” she said and s her fingers with Kyuhyun’s fingers.

 

All her worries and fears were finally gone. Too fast, some would say, but it’s now or never. Things are already happening fast. One day she might never wake up. She should just savor each moment. She was always smiling on the outside, but deep inside, she was ready to give up. When Kyuhyun arrived in her life, things got better. She was beginning to think of the good things of life… that there was hope and love.

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

That night, Kyuhyun entered Yoona’s room to find it empty.

 

“She’s at the garden. She’s waiting for you,” Tiffany said and thanked her.

 

Kyuhyun walked towards the garden with the bouquet of flowers he has. Yoona was gazing at the sky. Her left hand had an IV stuck to her. She doesn’t like it, but she has too. It was for her own good. If she wants to get better, she has to endure the suffering.

 

“Hey,” Kyuhyun said and Yoona turned to see him holding a bouquet of flowers, as always.

 

“I used to give you flowers because it symbolizes your beauty. Now, I want to give you flowers to remind you that I love you,” Kyuhyun said, making Yoona blush.

 

“But Kyuhyun, I didn’t answer you back,” Yoona looked down.

 

“It doesn’t matter to me whether you love me back or not, but the fact that you’ll be living and that I’m one of the reasons is enough for me,” he smiled at her.

 

“But I wanted to tell you something,” she held his chin, making him look at her.

 

“I love you too,” she smiled. Kyuhyun’s eyes went wide as what Yoona had just said.

 

“I love you so much that you made me realize that I have reasons to live. I love you, Cho Kyuhyun. If I have to repeat for the rest of my life, I will. I love you, I love you, I love you, I lo—“

 

Kyuhyun suddenly pulled her into a kiss. She was stunned, but immediately responded. This was what she had wanted, someone who would make her feel that she was important. She loves this man with her. The time given wasn’t enough. She wanted to make things longer. She wanted to spend the rest of her life with him and make a family.

 

If only that was possible. 

 

 


 

Hey guys! Merry Christmas! ^^ Sorry that it takes a while for me to update this. :p I finished No Other Woman and I'm doing these oneshots for certain people. Anyway, I would like to remind everyone that this is a short chaptered story. In my terms, it will only have 5 chapters. Which is my the pacing is fast. :p 

Again, Merry Christmas~ :D