TegoMassu's New Single

[on hiatus] A New CEO, New Rules

 

 

Chapter 7

Tegomassu's New Single

 

CEO’s POV

After last week’s recording of Shounen Club the media and the fandom seemed to be in an uprising. There was an increase in male interest towards Johnny’s due to the pretty girls but there was also equal amount of hate rising. Kitayama’s and Kissmyft2’s stans were furious about the y dance while some of them supported it. I smiled and turned off my laptop. I could care less about the haters since they helped us have more publicity. After this week’s performance I would be expecting a bigger uproar since I had paired up some girls with HSJ members. This was going to be fun. It was stressful but I was beginning to enjoy this job. I could understand why my uncle loved it so much.

My phone buzzed on my table and I opened it. One New Message. I opened the text to see a short message from Ohno.

“Did you see the news? What are you going to do about the haters? Good luck. ;) Oh, look at the fish I caught yesterday, it’s freaking huge!” It read. 

I opened the attachment to find a picture of a big tuna. Wow. Ohno is really is good at fishing. I was about to type a reply when I heard a knock on my door.

 

“Come in.” I placed the phone back on my table.

“Good Morning, Kitagawa-san.” Shige entered the room.

“Have a seat.” I motioned him towards one of the leather armchairs in front of my table. What is he doing here? “Call me Rie. I don’t like to use my last name.” I explained.

“Well, Rie-san,” Shige took his seat. “Did you see the news?” He asked.

“Yes.”

“Well, what are you going to do about it?” Shige asked impatiently. “The fans can be scary you know. You need to find a way to stop them.”

“Well, I was planning to sit back and watch.” I crossed my arms.

“Excuse me, what? You need to stop them before they even come out; Johnny-san always did that.” Shige argued sternly.

“Why do you care so much? Do you want to see me fail and lose that much?” I asked finally. It seemed like this Shige guy kept on poking his nose into my business too much. What was it to him? None of the other idols barged into my office telling me to stop. Why him?

“Eh? Why would I try to help you if I want you to fail? I just don’t want you to end up with a lawsuit so I’m trying to HELP you, not SABOTAGE.” Shige explained with much emphasis.

“E-eh?” Help? He did not seem like the type to help though.

“Yes. So please let me help because if not it will end horribly.”

“Fine. I will stop any other news after this one since it will be hard to do that now.” I sighed and agreed with a pout.

“Good.” Shige flashed me a smile which made my heart skip a beat. What the- I took a deep breath and looked away from him. What was going on? I saw a camera around his neck.

“Oh. Are you into photography Shige-san?” I asked.

“Yeah, I want to release a photobook.” He added. “Then, we should work on it to find a publisher.” I said. “Can I take a look,” I extended my hand towards the camera. He was about to give in but then he suddenly stepped back. “No, not yet.” He smiled again.

“Why? Do you have inappropriate photos in there?” I questioned.

His eyes grew with shock and he turned red. “What?? NO!! Really they are just not ready yet. I’ll give you a proper draft with my photos later on.” He said. “Well, look at the time. I gotta go. I need to film my drama you know.” He added and went off.

He is in a drama? I wondered and looked at the time. Yabai, I was supposed to check up on that recording today!

--

 

Tegoshi’s POV

 

Tegoshi headed towards the recording room to record the latest single of Tegomassu. In this single one of the tracks were going to have female vocals on it. One of the new female juniors was going to feature in the song. What was her name again? Kashimoto Mika? Tegoshi wondered and went into the studio. He found Massu and Mika chatting happily. Once he entered, Massu waved him over.

“Hey, Tegoshi, meet Mika, she is going to feature in our song.” Massu said in his usual friendly tone. Tegoshi faced her and was shocked at her striking blue eyes. She looked Japanese but her eyes were not contact lenses for sure. “Are you Japanese?” Tegoshi asked bluntly, shaking her hand in process.

“Yes. My eyes are like this because of genetic mutation.” She explained, it was the nth time that she received this question, it was getting old really.

“ I see.” Tegoshi said.

“Yeah. Isn’t it awesome?” Massu sure was friendly with her.

“Well, what are you doing here chatting? Shouldn’t one of you be inside recording?”

“Yes. Sorry.” Mika said and walked into the recording room.

 

The producer placed the track back on and the studio was filled with her sweet but powerful voice. Tegoshi was mesmerized by it. He was always kind of cocky since his voice was amazing but this girl in front of him was amazing as well.

“She is really talented right?” Massu said, amused by his friend’s expression. All Tegoshi could do was to nod in response.

“You might wanna pull your jaw back up before flies fill your mouth.” Massu remarked.

“Huh?” Tegoshi finally paid attention to Massu. Oh. He was embarrassed but he tried to play it off. “Well, I was yawning and-“

“Mmhmm,” Massu nodded with a smirk and crossed his arms.

“Okay, whatever. She is really good. Maybe we shouldn’t be so prejudiced against these girls.” Tegoshi gave in.

Mika exited the studio, “It’s your turn Masuda-san.” She said softly and sat next to tegoshi on the creamy leather couch.

“Well,” Tegoshi cleared his throat. “You’re really talented.” He remarked.

“Arigatou.” Mika blushed, it wasn’t everyday that your bias would complement you after all.

Tegoshi smiled at her warmly this time. Maybe he really shouldn’t be prejudiced against these girls, especially Mika.

---

A/N: so this was more like a News biased chapter this time. Let me know who I should feauture in the next chapter, Arashi or Kat-tun I can't choose! XD Also application for KISUMAI and any other group on Shounen Club is still open!~

Also Sorry about the late update I couldn't type much during my holiday and when I came back college and work started once more but I will try to update more from now on!~

[credits for gifs goes to jounetsu8 on livejournal.]