How Yixing Fell For Junmyeon

SM High Drama Club

I'm going to be quite frank here, when I fell for Junmyeon...it was not at first sight. But it was magical and ethereal and everything else that I guess I could have hoped for. What I can tell you is that my feelings for him haven't faded.

When I first met Kim Junmyeon the first thing I though was "holy this guy can dance". Then I heard him sing and it was like "holy he can sing, too?" And as I slowly got to know him I realised that a) he had a great taste in music, b) he had a great sense of humour, and c) his air guitar playing was the most entertaining thing I'd ever seen, and d) he was, much to my chagrin, Krystal-sunbae's exboyfriend, and that meant he was either straight or he wasn't because her favorite thing to do was gloat about how she was his first kiss...

The day I finally realised why I always wanted to impress him and why he made me nervous was one brisk day as winter drew near and we were all rehearsing in the music room. Apparently he and Kris and Chanyeol had all gone out the night before and they were still pretty exhausted. Allow me to defend myself, I am by no means a creep. But watching him sitting in a chair fast asleep seemed...peaceful. Fast a sleep, his arms cross, his jaw slightly slack, he looked rather handsome.

"Its chilly in here," I muttered to myself, pulling my sweater around me I glanced at him since he was wearing short sleeves, "I wonder if he's cold..."

"He'll be fine." Chanyeol said from beside me, I had been so engrossed in watching Junmyeon sleep I hadn't realised he was there.

When rehearsal was over I was sitting by the piano with Tao. I was staring at what I had just finished typing on my phone. Kris had gone out to grab us a slice of pizza, so for now it was just us since everyone else had left.

"Hey, Tao..."

"Hmm?"

"So...I just wrote the most awkwardly embarrassing romantic lyrics ever..."

"No way lemme see!" Tao said, taking my phone away from me and reading the lyrics, "Wow these are really good. How did you come up with this?"

"Right about that," I blushed, "I like Junmyeon."

"WHAT? NO WAY SERIOUSLY?" Tao exclaimed. I nodded. At that moment Kris had walked in and set the box of three slices on the table. Tao looked at me, "Can I tell him?"

"Tell me what?" Kris blinked.

"Fine..." I said, looking down.

"Yixing like Junmyeon."

"NO WAY." Kris looked at me in shock before smirking, "It's the hair, isn't it?"


It was a cold december afternoon and Jongin and I were waiting in front of the school to be picked up by our parents. I knew they were best friends, and I wasn't the best at hiding things, so I figured I'd tell him before I found out on his own.

"Hey." I said. Wow, way to be smooth Zhang Yixing.

"Hey!" Jongin the cheerful smiled at me.

"Jonginnie, can I, uh- talk to you about something?" Oh god I sound like such a weirdo.

"Sure."

"So I think I like Junmyeon, like really like him."

"HOLY MOTHER FLIPPING NOODLES YESSSS." he squealed before telling me about how much he shipped it and that yes absolutely he supported it. I sighed in relief, glad that that had gone well. I didn't find out until much later that apparently Jongin had been shipping me and Junmyeon for a while.


I'm just going to end this off saying he gives real good hugs...but that's a story for another time ;P