Fifteen

Hearing You Out

Jaebum kept his eye on Jackson as they practiced. He had heard from Jinyoung that Mark wasn't easy to get to know and talk to. But Mark was close with Jackson. He couldn't figure out why. Jaebum knew that Mark spent most of his time with Youngjae and he usually only talked to the younger. But now Mark was moving toward Jackson a lot more. He was confused. Jaebum watched the two interact with each. Mark didn't speak much with the younger but he smiled a lot and listened to whatever he had to say. 

"Alright, guys we are done for today. You did well." Youngjae cut the music and bowed toward everyone. The others bowed to him. Youngjae walked over to Jaebum with a smile on his face. "How did you think he did?" He asked.

"He's good. The flips are cool. I wouldn't have been able to do it." Jaebum smiled slightly. He really did think that Mark's tricks were cool. He looked over at the Mark, who was sitting with Jackson. The two were eating crackers that Jackson had brought. Youngjae's eyes followed where Jaebum was looking. He groaned at the sight. The older looked back at the blond. "What's that about Youngjae-ah? Jealous?" 

"No, that's not it." The younger laughed nervously. This is what he wanted. He wanted Mark to be open. He wanted Mark to have more friends. He just wished that it wasn't this fast and with Jackson. He had a bad falling out with the older, he didn't want Mark to be put in a situation like that. "It's just weird. Seeing him like that." Youngjae said, truthfully. And it was. Mark never warmed up to people as easily as he had with Jackson. Youngjae thought he would give the older a hard time. But that wasn't happening. Jaebum patted the younger on the back.

"It's a good thing isn't it? Jinyoung says it's better for him to open up. I think you should be happy that he's doing something like this." Youngjae sighed. Jaebum was right. Mark was better this way, but something still didn'the feel right to him. He couldn't tell if it was jealously or just Jackson in general. He really wanted to believe in the latter, but he knew better.