Ashes... We All Fall Down

The Witches Society

"Burn the witch!" Chanted the growing crowd. Little Hye Jin hid in the bushes just like mother had taught her. "What are they doing to mommy?" She asked, turning to her older sister. The older girl who was no older than six shook her head, uncertained and scared.

"KILL HER!!!" Yelled an old rustly man, shaking his pitch fork, poking their dear mother in her tear-stained face.

pok. pok. POK

The sharp fangs of the fork jabbed it's way into the woman's right eye. She let out large howls of pain as the crimson liquid spilled it's way out of her eye-socet like the drippings of fresh wine. The old man yanked the pitch fork back. On the very tip, sat the witch's blood-shot orb. The mob cheered at the man's couraged act. The old sister covered Hye-Jin's eyes, feeling her own tear up.

"Amber... I'm scared!" little sister cried.

"I know... I am too." She responded.

Right next to big sister, a baby's cry echoed through the dead forest.

"Shh! Tzuyu~! Please don't cry!" Hye Jin mumbled, slipping out of her sister's grasp. She stop dead center when the towns preecher's son who was a tad bit older than Amber, walk onto her mom's wooden stake.

"BY THE POWER OF CHRIST! YOU SHALL RETURN TO WHERE ONCE THY CAME!" He screamed, placing the fire filled stick at her mother's feet.

The sisters stood still as they watched with terror as their mother was set a blaze. The red and tangerine arson danced their ways up the witch's body, endousing her with their deadly moves. Amber's salty tears finally released as her mother was barbequed alive... right infront of her six-year old eyes.

"BURN WITCH BURN!!!" Went the angry mob.

"Let's kill the witch's husband too! That Warlock deserves death!" Sugested a middle aged woman, grabbing her broom. The crowd cheered in agreement. They trotted their way to the sister's cottage in the woods, where father was sleeping.

Amber gathered up baby Tzuyu and Hye Jin and followed the angry townsfolk by foot. But sadly, it was all too late for the little girls.

They stood together, as the crowd of adults set their house on fire... just like mother.

"Hey! There's that witch's children! We should not let her evil seeds live on!" Chanted the preecher's son, grabbing his winchester riffle and aiming it at Hye Jin. "Run!" Directed Amber as she snatched the young one's hand, dashing off into the cold woodside, far away from the humans. Shots fired after them, trying to strike any of the young witches down.

The sharp rocks slice into their soft, bare feet. Sticks and leaves fall into their raven hair. No matter how dirty the little girls got, they ran.

"Sissy... I-I'm hungry~!" Painted Hye Jin, feeling her slippery, sweaty hand loose grip.

Amber stopped, turing around to her young sister, getting on her knees to meet her eye level.

"I know... but we have to keep going."

"But where are we going?"

The older sister froze in place. Afraid to answer her little sister's question... Baby Tzuyu made soft gurgling noises. Even If she didn't speak in a human language yet, the girls knew that she was trying to confort their sarrow.

"What did she say?" Asked Hye Jin.

"She said... She said that we need to have confidence in ourselves... To believe that we ca-"

BANG

Amber fell to the ground. Hot pastel red liquid rained out of her temple. Tzuyu's cries got louder and louder until another loud bang errupted her sound.

She fell silent.

"Wait... Plea-"

BANG

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

"HYE JIN~!"

The girl sat up in bed. Heavy sweat drenched her brows and forehead. Her door flew open to a short haired girl with hair the color of hay and worried brown eyes. She quickly jogged over to the terrified girl and gave her a crushing hug.

"You had the dream again... didn't you?"

She only recieved a nod in response.

"It's Ok Hye... we're going to be ok."

"Amber..." She called,

"Yeah?"

"How long does it take to find him? It's been almost 16 years since we saw that boy..."

Amber held her sister even closer, running her fingers through her blonde hair.

"Like I said... We'll find him. Once we do, we won't have to hide anymore... Forget about the village."

Again, she recieved another nod from the middle sister.

"Good. Now who wants breakfast?"

Hye Jin's head popped out of her elder sister's flat chest. Her worries slipped away as a bright smile spreaded across her face. She slithered out of her sister's confort, skipping to the kitchen. Amber chuckled at her sister's excitement and followed her.

Sitting at the dining room table was the youngest of the group. Her long, chocolate hair reached her mid back, her pale, peach skin reflected well in the sun light. Light brown eyes made contact with the sister. 

"Hey there love." Hye Jin said, giving her a hug. "You've grown so much~"

The young girl giggled. "I know sis. You say that to me everyday."

"I'm serious Tzyuy, you look just like mother. She would be so proud of you."

Tzuyu blushed, hiding her flushered pink face under her pastel pink sweater.

Amber pulled out her small, purple booklet, flipping to her desired page. She cleared , holding up her index finger. 

"Ollas aeniolis et ollis et areas salinarum, veni manu~!"
 

A dark green aroura surrounded the pans in the cabnet. The objects floated onto the crystal white stove. With one snap of her finger, the stove's burners . Again, with her index finger, she slid open the refrigerator. "Yah, Hye Jin. Do you mind helping me?"

The blonde girl nodded, holding out her arm, spreading her fingers and palm wide.

'Focus... Focus..." She told herself. A pink aroura conforted to eggs, milk, bacon pack and pancake mix. She dragged the food out of the ice box with one swift motion of her hand. Slowly, the dropped her hand, making the food flutter onto the counter. "Can I make breakfast this time big sister?" Asked Tzuyu, lifting her head out of her sweater like a shy turtle. "Sure!" Cheered Amber, plopling herself onto the coutch, grabbing the remote and turning on the televison.

The young sister pointed at the brown eggs that were in the carton. With a struggle, she levetated the egg, lowering it on the edge of the bowl. Swiping her fingers to the left, the egg moved.

Crack. Crack. Crack


"Detective Kim... Do you have tabs on the suspects?"

"Yes. I'm outside of the Jung apartment complex."

"Where excactly are you peeping from?"

"The roof sir."

"Aish Kim. You're gonna fall one day ya know?"

The ravenette groaned and rolled his eyes. "Please don't tell me how to do my job. I didn't spend years at police academy and law school for you to just boss me around like a kid."

"Um you do know that I'm your boss, right?"

The man froze. He couldn't believe what he just told his employer. In a frantic move he bowed and started to let out apologies. "I'm so sorry sir! I totally forgot that you were my boss Mr. Shin."

"Ah, Don't worry. I just wanted to check on you anyway. Goodbye Detective Kim."

"Bye Mr. Shin."

He stuffed his phone back into his pocket and went back to straining his eyes in the binoculars. 

"One day you evil witches will pay for what you did."


"OK Tzuyu have a good day~" cooed Hye Jin, waving at her traveling sister.

"Bye sis~! No magic today kay~?"

The older sister giggled. "That's more directed to you girl!"

Little Tzuyu giggled, giving a final wave to her sister and meeting up with her group of friends.

'We'll find him one day..."

With Amber's words echoing in her head, Hye Jin sad mood turns joyful and she made her way to the bus stop. A raven haired man with dark chocolate eyes and a warming smile stood next to her, fixing his black, polyester jacket, eyeing her up and down. She caught glimpse of this and turned her head to him, tucking her blonde hair behind her ear. "Oh? Hello sir!" Hye Jin said, returning a bright smile to him.

"Ah! No need to be former sweetheart. Call me Eli ok." He introduced, holding out a hand.

She gladly took it. Instead of a normal hand shake that she was expecting, he held her hand up to his rosey pink chubby lips, giving her ring finger a light peck. Hye Jin's cheecks tinted to a pastel red color, swimming it's way around her neck and ears.

"Are you ok there sweetheart?"

"U-Um... Y-yeah. T-Thank you for asking... I'm H-Hye Jin by the way." She studdered, trying to control her blush.

"Hye-Jin... What a beautiful name to match such a lovely girl like you."

Her face turned even more red (If that is even possible O.O)

"Where are you off to?"

"University. I'm a 3rd year."

"Oh is that so? What are you majoring in?"

She chewed in her tounge a little. Should she tell a complete stranger what her major is? With all her might, she gathered up strenght.

"I'm attending medical school so I might want to be a nerosurgeon!"

"Wow~! Really! That sounds quuite interesting sweetie."

"Stop you're making me blush even harder than before!"

Eli chuckled, patting the girl on the head. The bus stopped and he looked out of the window.

"Well, I gotta go back to the glue factory now. Police work is boring AF~! I wish I can stay with you."

The girl nodded. "I wish I was out of school. Being a police officer shouldn't be that bad! You get to see excitement almost everyday."

He smiled sadly and gave her a small goodbye, gliding his way out of the packed public bus.

As the vehicle disappeared, Eli's fake smile melted into a disfuntional frown. Feeling victorious on his misson, he let out little crackles of laughter to himself.

"You shouldn't trust strangers little witch..."


Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading! I will update pretty soon so lookforward to the next chapter. I can't do this with out y'all XD! See you soon little goblins and ghouls.

Bye!