Final

Baekhyun's Rival

"He doesn't love me anymore, Hyung!", Baekhyun wailed loudly, snot running down his button nose and landing on the surface of their kitchen table. "He is always playing that goddamn game on his goddamn phone and no matter what I do, he doesn't pay attention to me!", the small vocalist complained loudly.

Junmyeon - as much as he felt sorry for Baekhyun - could not help but cringe at the sight of Baekhyun's snot dripping down on the table, trying hard to dismiss the thought of him having dinner on said table in exact two hours, having a plate full of food placed down on the same spot Baekhyun had just left his - nevermind. The leader shook his head. There were more important things to think of now than his mysophobia: Baekhyun's current miserable state for instance.

When Joonmyeon had returned from his vocal practice, he had heard quiet sniffles coming from the kitchen and a hushed voice that sounded much like Sehun's mumbling something along the lines of "It's okay." and "He doesn't mean it." At first, the leader had guessed that it was probably Jongin who was being comforted by Sehun. "He probably got scolded by Kyungsoo or something, that brat.", Joonmyun had thought. However, as soon as he had entered the kitchen and seen Baekhyun hunched over the kitchen table, he grew worried. Baekhyun rarely cried unless he felt really wronged or angry. And when he actually did, it was hard to comfort him because all his hidden insecurities would surface and consume him and his usually so optimistic mind. The only one who managed to calm Baekhyun down in such situations were Chanyeol and his long arms, deep, soothing voice and incredible amount of patience (which was much needed when it came to dealing with a whiny and obstinate Baekhyun) that no other EXO member could compare to.

But this time, Chanyeol wasn't there in the kitchen as he was supposed to - and that alone was very telling. In fact, it told Junmyeon that the giant may be the cause of Baekhyun's misery. And he was indeed right with his assumption.

"Baekhyun, stop crying please. Of course Chanyeol loves you."

"No, he doesn't! He loves his phone!"

"I am sure he is not doing it on purpose. You know how oblivious he can be sometimes.", Junmyeon tried to explain, "He probably doesn't even notice that it's hurting your feelings when he is spending so much time on his phone." It was true. God had gifted Chanyeol with both, big ears and big eyes - yet he was the one who was most unaware of people's feelings sometimes. Everyone knew that the giant would never hurt anyone on purpose - especially not Baekhyun whom he adored. Nevertheless, his tendency to being totally oblivious could still be very frustrating at times.

"How can he notice when he doesn't even avert his eyes from that stupid thing for one second!", Baekhyun scoffed, "He doesn't even look at me when I enter the room." For a second, Baekhyun kept still, as if deeply in thought about what he had just said. It wasn't long before his eyes were filled with tears again and he started crying loudly again.

"B-Baekhyun, wha-"

"HE FINDS ME UGLY!"

"What?"

"He thinks I am ugly! That explains why he won't look at me! He thinks I am ugly without makeup!"

"But that doesn't make sense Hyung, he sees you in your natural state almost every day and that even before this whole drama with his phone had begun.", Sehun remarked calmly while eating a banana, "You gained a few pounds though."

Baekhyun wailed even more at that and Junmyeon used one hand to pat his back and the other to throw a tangerine at the maknae who yelped as soon as the fruit hit his arm. "Ow! What was that for?"

"For your insensitive comment, you brat!", the leader hissed before turning to the crying vocalist again. "Don't listen to Sehun, Baekhyun. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your appearance. I guarantee you that."

"I am ugly and fat.", Baekhyun sniffled, completely ignoring Junmyeon's reassuring words. "Chanyeol is probably looking at pictures and videos of pretty girls and guys. He will break up with me. I know it!"

Junmyeon sighed, slowly losing his patience. "You are overdramatising things. Look, how about I talk to - "

"What's going on here?", a familiar baritone voice suddenly chimed in.

"Speaking of the devil.", Sehun said, smirking while peeling the tangerine that was previously thrown at him. 

"Hyung?", Chanyeol asked confusedly while looking back and forth between Joonmyun and Baekhyun, who was still hunched over the kitchen table, not sparing him a glance.

"Chanyeol, it's actually a relief that you are here.", the leader said, pointing his thumb at the pouty vocalist sitting next to him. "Your pup doesn't feel very well, you know. You should take care of him."

Hearing those words, Chanyeol's eyes immediately turned worried. The giant let his duffle bag fall to the floor and approached his object of affection. "Baek, what's wrong? Are you sick?", Chanyeol asked while ruffling the smaller boy's hair the way he always did whenever he wanted to comfort the latter. He frowned when he didn't receive an answer. "Baby?"

"Don't 'baby' me. Go away!", the vocalist grumbled, burying his face deeper into his own arms. "I hate you!"

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at those words, pausing a moment to think before he decided to bent down and lift Baekhyun up bridal style, evoking a high-pitched scream from the vocalist. "Please excuse us Hyung, Sehun.", Chanyeol said calmly before carrying a squirming and protesting Baekhyun to his bedroom - a difficult task, since the smaller man kept shouting into his ears and hitting his chest on their way there. "Great, his inner puppy has awoken.", Chanyeol thought amusedly. "I hope he doesn't start biting me soon."

"Put me down!", Baekhyun commanded hoarsely, tears streaming down his face out of frustration, "I said put me down! Now!"

And Chanyeol did just that when they finally reached his bedroom.

Standing before his bed, he let the smaller man fall down on the soft mattress before joining him there, adjusting both of their bodies so they were lying on their sides, face to face. Chanyeol had a hard time trapping his thrashing lover between his arms but after a few minutes, Baekhyun had used up all his energy and was now crying silently into his chest. Chanyeol made a mental note to work more on his arm muscles. 

"I hate you.", Baekhyun murmured into the giant's chest. The latter chuckled.

"And I love you.", Chanyeol declared, pulling slightly away to plant a kiss on the vocalist's forehead. "I love your cute button nose." He placed another kiss on the tip of his nose. "Your beautiful eyes." He kissed Baekhyun's eyelids. "Every single one of your moles." He kissed the mole on his temple, the mole on his ear and - his personal favourite - the mole on his upper lip. "Your endlessly yapping mouth." He pecked Baekhyun's mouth once, twice, three times, four times. "I love all of it. I love you."

Chanyeol felt Baekhyun relaxing under his touch, felt him sighing into his neck, as if a big burden had been taken away from him in that moment. For the first time after hours, Baekhyun's tears had finally stopped falling. The giant smiled satisfiedly. He knew Baekhyun. He knew about his insecurities, knew about his habit of relating every little problem in his life to his alleged imperfections. He knew that, even though he would never admit it, even though he seemed so confident in the public's eye, his Baekhyun was full of fears, scared of being left alone, scared of being not loved because that was what he needed most: love. And Chanyeol would give him that and more because Baekhyun was his world. Baekhyun was, in his eyes, such a beautiful person. He was beautiful inside-out and it saddened him how blind he was sometimes to his own beauty. Therefore, Chanyeol made sure to remind him of it at any chance given, remind him of how much he loved him and every single aspect that made him him. 

"Feeling better?", Chanyeol asked calmly while his lover's hair.

"Yeah.", Baekhyun admitted, cuddling closer to him, "But I am still mad at you."

"Why?"

"Because you are not paying attention to me. You are always on your stupid phone these days and when I try to talk to you, you don't even listen. I hate that."

"I must use my phone very often for you to feel neglected like this.", Chanyeol realised a bit surprisedly. "I am sorry. I really didn't notice. I didn't know that you were hurt by my actions.", the giant sighed, kissing Baekhyun's head in an apologetic manner. "I am such a bad boyfriend, right?"

"Yes."

"How can I make it up to you?"

"I want to cuddle.", Baekhyun replied, playing with the strings on Chanyeol's hoody, "Lots of cuddling to make up for the times you spent on your phone and not with me."

Chanyeol chuckled and pulled the vocalist closer to his body. "Sounds like a fair punishment.", he said before showering Baekhyun's smug and satisfied face with kisses, evoking cute giggles from him whenever his lips brushed over particular ticklish spot near his ear. 

They spent the rest of the day rolling around in the bed and stealing lazy kisses from each other.

Meanwhile, Junmyeon just kept disinfecting their kitchen table.