What's the problem?

Girl Meets Art

So here's the first chap! Just to warn you english is not my first language :)) and I'm still new to writing. Criticsm and suggestions are very much welcome! This chap is basically kind of an intro.


 

It was just a casual afternoon, 5pm to be exact. Me and Namjoon were strolling around the mall. I saw him awhile ago and he volunteered to accompany me since he's alone. Namjoon's one of my good friends. We then entered a clothing shop, I went to the jacket section immediately since I've been wanting to buy a new jacket although I still have plenty at home. You can say I'm a bit obsessed with jackets. You can basically call me a jacket hoarder. I saw a nice looking bomber jacket and showed it to Namjoon but then I saw his face, he was sweating like a dog. He looked nervous as hell. I was about to ask him what's wrong but then he suddenly pulled me.

" run!" Namjoon said then grabbed my hand and we sprinted. I dropped the jacket I was holding.

We were running really fast and Namjoon was practically dragging me since I couldn't keep up with him and his long legs. I looked at our backs and saw some guys that looked like gangsters. So they're the ones who's been chasing us. What the hell. We then reached the escalator and Namjoon's been pushing everyone out of the way. After that escalator scene where I almost tripped we finally reached the parking lot. I immediately spotted my car. 

"That's your car right? Let's just use your car and I'll explain everything." He then dragged me again.

I started the car and immediately drove outside the mall. It was around 6pm and there were just a few cars outside. It's also getting a bit dark.

"So who's girlfriend did you this time?" I casually asked.

"Look I didn't anyone's girlfriend and it's not my fault if his girlfriend keeps throwing herself at me! Well I admit that I kinda flirted with her but still she flirted back so it's not my fault. For pete's sake I didn't even know he's a gangster! God! Sometimes having this face can be a real pain in the ." He groaned frustratedly. I just rolled my eyes at him.

" is that them?" I looked at the side mirror of my car. I'm starting to get nervous since they're still following us.

"Oh my god! Drive faster please, I won't let this face be ruined by some nasty gangster." Namjoon said dramatically while touching his face.

"Where the will we go?!!" I asked already panicking as hell.

"I don't know!! Just drive maybe they'll get lost or something!" Namjoon yelled.

"Holy Rae! They have guns!" Namjoon is practically shaking beside me. 

I looked at the side mirror to confirm what Namjoon said and holy they do have guns. My hands were already sweating and my breathing has become irregular. , I was nervous as hell. Then they start shooting at us, more like shooting the tires. 

"I swear to all the saints Namjoon! If I get in trouble this time because of you, I'll personally chop off your ." I looked at Namjoon and he smiled nervously at me.

"I can't afford to go to jail this time."
I said and stepped harder on the gasoline creating a roaring sound coming from the engine. The only good thing I see right now is that there are really few cars around the area.

 

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠❃↞↞↞↞↞↞↞↞

 

I'm currently at my 3rd exihibit in Seoul and this might be the last one if I don't pull my together. I know myself that my artworks are lacking something. Something that I don't even know myself. 
I was just strolling around the exhibit while casually talking to some people or what you call 'socialites' they have been praising my works and giving lots of compliments as usual. I was admiring one of my works when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around to find out who it is only to see that it's one of my old friends from college.

"Long time no see, Jungkook." He greeted me with a smile plastered on his face.

"Long time no see too, Seokjin hyung." I greeted back and smiled. It was really great seeing him here, visiting my exhibit.

"It's been a while is it? I've been wanting to visit your exhibits before but I couldn't because of work. Now I have the time and it's quite fancy meeting you here." Seokjin hyung said while looking at my works.

"Still busy as ever? I agree it's been quite a time. Thank you for coming to see my works hyung." I replied.

"No worries, I can see that you really love what you're doing. That's good for you Kook." Seokjin hyung smiled while patting my shoulder.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Hey why don't we eat dinner later? So we can catch up a little? Or are you busy? If you are then whenever you're free, maybe?" Seokjin hyung suddenly asked.

"Oh yeah, yeah sure we can eat later. I'm not doing anything important." I agreed with his request.

"Well then, great. Here's my phone number so you can contact me later." He gave me his phone number and I gave mine too.

"Oh, we'll be eating at my house tonight if you don't mind. I'll ask the chef to cook for us later." He added.

"Sure hyung it's fine." I replied smiling.

"I'll just text you the address of my house later and let's have dinner at around 7pm, okay?" He said while looking at his watch and looked up at me again.

"Okay hyung." I replied

"Okay then I'll be going now it looks like your assistant is already calling you." He said while pointing at my assistant behind my back. I looked behind and saw my assistant waving his arms to me.

"Well then hyung, see you later. Thank you again for coming to my exhibit even though you're a busy man." I said while bowing a bit to him.

"No problem kid. Now go, your assistant is calling you." He said and patted my head. He then walked passed me and waved me off.

"Jungkook-ssi, Mr. Bang wants to talk to you." I nod my head and let my assistant lead the way to Mr. Bang.


"Good afternoon Jungkook."

"Good afternoon." I bowed at him.

"I think you already know the reason why I called you here."

 

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠❃↞↞↞↞↞↞↞↞


I'm currently in front of my computer desktop. Just staring at the screen. I looked at the time and it shows 5pm. I've been literally sitting and just staring at my computer for 3 hours straight now. I just can't think of anything to write. 

I'm a writer and the publishing company that publishes my books have been asking about my works recently. They asked me if I have written any books lately because they said that they would drop me if I don't which is bad because it's really hard to find a publishing company if you're an unknown writer or just starting. I think they told me that because my previous 2 books was a major flop. Unlike my first book which was a bestseller. But that was 3 years ago, I started writing it when I was still a college student and full of motivation. Now I don't even have an ounce of motivation or inspiration. I studied 4 years at the university and I don't have a single idea what to write. My imagination has been lacking this past half year and I'm already behind my rent now. I can always work part time jobs but it's still not enough. Especially the rent around this area is no joke and my apartment is pretty big. Maybe I need to start looking for cheaper apartments. 

I looked at the time again and decided to get some coffee. I stood up, stretched my muscles and yawned. I sighed. I hope coffee helps my brain. 

I brought my laptop with me at the coffee shop. I decided to work there, maybe I could get some inspiration from the people around me. To my luck nothing's still happening. I kind of gave up and just decided to visit Hobi hyung and bring him some coffee since the police station was just around the corner.

 

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠❃↞↞↞↞↞↞↞↞


Those nasty gangsters were still after our tail. I was hoping a while ago that we'll lost them but to my luck it was a big effin' no. They're still shooting us but haven't successfully shoot our tires or us.
Me and Namjoon kept ducking our heads whenever we hear them pull the trigger.

I'm still driving pretty fast and it's almost been 20 minutes. We already passed a lot of stoplights. I was praying that there'll be cops to stop us so they can practically save us from those gangsters but no. It seems like we have zero luck today.

I turned left to the other road and immediately regretted my decision because I saw a truck coming to us. Then I realized we were at the wrong lane. No , I was at the wrong place, wrong time, wrong everything. I swiftly avoided the truck but then we hit a post very hard. Hard enough to shatter the window by my side. Then before I lost consciousness I heard police sirens. Finally.

 

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠❃↞↞↞↞↞↞↞↞

 

Seokjin hyung texted me his address and told me to come already. It's only a 10 minute drive from here since we're just around the same neighborhood. If I only knew earlier where he was living then I could've visited him before since he was only just a few minutes away. 

I reached hyung's house which was pretty big, of course he came from a wealthy family. I was greeted by the maids at the entrance and they lead me to hyung. I saw Seokjin hyung already sitting at the dining table and drinking tea while he was reading some newspapers.

"Good evening Jungkook, you're already here. Come sit." He greeted and gestured me to sit beside him.

"Well Jungkook, welcome to my humble abode." He said while spreading both of his arms wide.

"Thank you hyung for inviting me to dinner. Your house is really big." I laughed at his gesture.

"No problem, just so you know you're always welcome here, whenever." He said and smiled at me.

"Now let's have dinner." He then gestured the maids to put the foods on the table.

We were eating silently. No exchange of talks or anything, but it was a comfortable silence. Then Seokjin hyung put his utensils down and spoke.

"So how was life? I didn't see you for 4 years and I can see you have changed a lot. Not just physically. You know what I mean." He then continued to slice his meat.

"Well it's just the hair and some workouts I guess." I replied while sliding a hand through my hair. 

"Not just physically Jungkook, don't try to avoid my question." Hyung said with a calm tone.

"Well I'm still me, I guess. There were some changes but everything's well." I replied. I was hoping to avoid the question but I couldn't.

"I can see you have really become successful these past few years. Your artworks are really great and they are quite popular these days." Seokjin hyung looked up at me and smiled.

"Yeah it was been-" I was cut off by the sound of Seokjin hyung's phone. He looked at the caller and furrowed his brows, he then answered the call.

"Hello" 

The caller had a lot of things to say.  I can hear the caller but I can't hear it properly, just some mumbled words.

"Pass her the phone I want to speak to her." Seokjin hyung's tone of voice changed. He was mad I guess.


"Fine. I'll go there tell her not to go anywhere." He sighed and ended the call.


It looks like Seokjin hyung failed to speak to 'her'.

"Look Jungkook I'm really sorry but something came up and it's urgent. Could you wait a bit?" He asked me and stood up from his chair.

"Oh, it's okay hyung. I can wait." I replied understanding his situation.

"Thanks, I promise I'll try my best to come back as soon as possible. There's a library at the end of the hall you can go there or you can just watch television at the living room." 

"Don't worry about me hyung I can handle myself." I replied patting his back.

"I hope my sister can handle herself too." He mumbled and sighed.

"Go now hyung." I waved him off. He nodded at me and went out.

I looked at Seokjin hyung's back, he really seemed distressed about the call. I wonder what happened to his sister though.

 

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠❃↞↞↞↞↞↞↞↞

 

I woke up to see a light blinding me. I look around to see where I am, only to see I'm at the police station. I then sat up from the couch where I was lying. I slapped both of my cheeks to see if I'm really at the police station again or just dreaming. Nothing happened, I'm still here. I groaned out of frustration and went to lie back down again on the couch. 
 I'm so frustrated right now. Why the hell I'm at the police station when I obviously got into a car accident a while ago! I looked to my left to see Namjoon still asleep. He got some scratches on his face and a big scar on his nose. I'm so mad at him right now. I got the pillow on the couch and threw it directly at his face. He then groaned loudly.

"Awwww. What the ! Why does my nose hurts like a ." He sat up from his couch then looked at me.

"You jerk! This is all your fault!" I screamed at his face catching the attention of some police officers.

"How the hell is this my fault! You're the one driving! Not me!" He screamed back. How dare he. He's the one who placed me into this mess now he's screaming at my face too?!

"Wow! Now this is my fault?! How dare you, you jerk!" I was about to hit him when one of the officers pulled me back. 

"Please calm down miss." The officer said.

"No let me hit him. He's the reason why I'm here!" I was trying to get out of the officer's grasp but he was pretty strong. Then he cuffed my hands behind my back.

"What the he-" I was about to explode when someone cut me off.

"Let her go Mr. Lee." 


I turned around to see a very familiar face. The officer that's unbelievably always goddamn happy and energetic. He's smiling all the time. Believe me he's smiling at me right now. It seems like he got no problems at all. I mean doesn't he get stressed from his work? 
He's kind of annoying with that plastered smile and all but he's one of the nicest officers here. His name is Jung Hoseok, or as I call him a happy go lucky ray of ing sunshine officer.

I was awoken from my trance when I saw his face near me. He was un cuffing me.

"So what did you this time young lady?" He asked while un cuffing me.

"It's not my fault." I said while glaring at Namjoon. I'm trying to keep my cooI, I'm kinda embarrassed because it's my nth trip here at the police station.

"Let's just wait for your brother. I already called him a while ago, he must be here any minute now." He said and smiled at me. I instantly melted at his smile but then he mentioned my brother coming here. I'm so dead.

I was explaining everything that happened a while ago to Hoseok then I saw my brother from the entrance.

" my brother's here. That was fast." I said to Hoseok.

"Good evening Mr. Kim." Hoseok stood up and greeted my brother with a smile.

My brother just glanced at Hoseok then looked at me.

"Good evening bro." I tried to lighten up the mood but failed.

"There's nothing good in the evening." He snapped at me.

"Woah." I reacted.

"So what's the problem officer?"