Final

Friends With An Angel

    

     Luhan rushed to his family’s mini aviary in the middle of night when he heard a sudden shrill noise of the birds. He became alert as he saw the supposedly locked aviary gate was wide opened indicating that there was an intruder. Without any delay, he entered the aviary but halted right away after a few steps once the sight in front of him caught him in pure shock. He hardly believed his eyes as he was seeing a girl with a pair of wings!

     “What are you-I mean, who are you? And w-why are you here?” Luhan barely collected enough bravery to speak thus he stuttered a bit. 

     “I’m an angel,” her melodious voice answered him. She continued, “I apologize for intruding your place. My wings are damaged therefore I need somewhere to rest so that they can heal. Please, let me stay until my wings have healed.”

     Luhan went quiet. Her voice had softened his cautious eyes because the truth was, he had a soft spot for those who need help. He wanted to help her.

     "Um.. can I please..?" She timidly asked. The angel stood on her feet to face Luhan, giving him a full view of her pair of white wings. This caused Luhan to rounded his eyes in fear.

     He only nodded his head unconsciously before his vision went pitch black. The scarred guy fainted right there.

...

     He thought he was only dreaming till the next morning he woke up in a comfortable warmth of a pair of wings covering his body. He shrieked in surprise and hastily broke free from the girl’s embrace. She only chuckled at his fearful expression.

     “A-are those real wings?” Luhan pointed to her gigantic wings.

     The girl nodded as response. She then crept closer and reached for his hand. He was hesitant at first but eventually he let her to hold his hand. She brought it to touch her wings. Luhan could feel her soft skin under his.

     “Wow... They are real,” he said when he felt the soft feather in contact with his skin. They were no different to the birds’ ones in the aviary except they were much more beautiful. ‘What an amazing creature’, he thought while looking up to her smiling face, ‘and beautiful too’. Seeing her gentle smile, he pushed away his uncertainty from before. Why must I be scared of those kind eyes that were overflowing with friendliness? Not that she would hurt anyone. She is an angel after all.

     “I want you to see my mother. She is an ornithologist so I think she can do something to help you with your injured wings,” he suggested. At the same time, he was excited because his mother would be so thrilled to see her. Seeing his mother was a bird-lover, of course she would. Besides, he was thinking to make her to stay with them for the time being until she was fully healed.

     “Sure! I would love to meet your mother!” She responded with great enthusiasm and Luhan was amused with her cute antics. It made him happy to see her smiles.

     They left the aviary and entered his house by the back door. Luckily, the back door was quite wide that she could enter the house at ease. If not, it would be difficult for her to enter with those enormous wings.

     “Mother!” Luhan called out for his mother. He told the girl to wait in the living room and excused himself to search for his mother. He found his mother in her room and told her that they had a special guest. Telling his mother to see the said guest first, he went to the kitchen to prepare some drinks. He bet his mother would not expect such guest to see her.

     The moment he returned to the living room, the tray of drinks fell from his hands.

     He saw the living room was in chaos, curtains shredded into pieces, cracked flat-screen television, turned over couch, coffee table split into halves and his mother’s lifeless body pooling with her own blood. Luhan's blood was boiling in panic but suddenly something clicked in his head. 'Where is she..?!' He was worried if something happened to her too.

     “At last, I get my revenge,” a voice behind him said. He turned around to see who it was the one who caused the horrific murder of his mother. To his surprise, it was his new friend, the angel.

     Her beautiful white wings were stained in crimson red blood. The look in her eyes changed drastically. They were not as friendly and kind as they were moments ago. Instead they looked ominous and murderous that they almost looked evil. Luhan was utterly taken aback and confused with what he was witnessing at the moment. He could not really react to such situation because it had never crossed in his mind that she would do that ever. Isn't she an angel...?

     “You know, I do not wish to have these wings. To be honest, I hate them! I have never once taste a peaceful life ever since I had them. People only see me as an animal, a monster! They hunt me for having these cursed wings. I live this hard life all by myself,” her finger pointed to Luhan’s mother on the floor, “and your mother... is responsible for my suffering!! She did not just use me to make a hybrid of bird and human but she also abandoned me to live alone! Can you imagine how terrible my life is with my body like this? But then how ironic it is when the only thing that keep me alive till today is my hatred towards that woman. I will not give away my life till she gives away hers. Now that I finally killed her, I do not mind leaving this cruel world at any time,” she was crying like a child while spilling out her rage. Controlling her breath, she clumsily wiped her tears that fell endlessly.

     From Luhan’s point of view, he did not see a monster but just a girl who wished to have a normal life like a normal human being. Perhaps it was because he had a soft spot for the troubled ones or just because he still wanted to be her friend. Although he felt wronged to admit it but her innocence... it was still there.

     Luhan glanced to his mother's dead body near his side. 'Did mother actually do such terrible thing to this poor girl? But mother was always a lovely person.'

     He could not imagine about what would happen to him next as he just lost his mother, the only family he had left. He felt hopeless and was in verge of breaking down.

     “I do not feel sorry for your mother. I am satisfied and that’s it,” she muttered in a cold voice as she turned to the door and flew to who-knows-where. 

     Luhan thought he was seeing things but was that sympathy he saw in her eyes when she said those words?

-fin-

 

told ya it's short

and sorry it didn't end how you want it nyahahahahaha~

it has been really long since i write so i got a bit rusty TvT andd please comment i wanna know your thoughts

do check my other stories kay

g'day!