▬ Hurricane ✔

An Alpha and A Yakuza [COMPLETE] ✔
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

----------------------------------------------

*Warning for a small touchy-touchy scene way down there*

[Rei]

For the first and a half week of my stay in town, my grandparents showed me around town even though I vaguely remember few places from I was a child, but they still put the effort to show the area. Now, I’ve got only a few days left to spend time with them before I return to my cold harsh reality.

Along with our stops at the coffee shop, bookstore, etc. – everyone never missed bowing their head in respect and gratitude towards my grandparents, which left me in complete awe.

My grandparents must’ve been quite the healer here then, to have everyone think so highly of them.

This was something my Yakuza of grandparents’ lack. Yes, they have respect from the townspeople but at the same time, people are afraid of them, not that they care. I can also say that not many people know who I’ve been living with after my parents passed on.

“Rei,” My grandmother called as she stood by the oranges that she was about to buy. I hummed in response.

“We’re taking you out tonight. We have a gathering to attend.” She said excitedly “So wear something nice.”

My brows rose unexpectedly “Gathering?”

She goes on to explain the purpose of the gathering “Twice a year, the town would hold a gathering to welcome anyone into our town or to express gratitude for the people’s loyalty. And you, Miss, just so happen to visit us at the right time of the year and lucky enough to join us for the second gathering.” My grandmother beamed.

“It’s just a small gathering,” She assured. She even took me out for some last minute shopping and bought me a royal blue spaghetti strap sundress that reached below my knees, my pick, of course. The lady wanted me to wear high heels, but I was so against it that I just remained stick to my sneakers.

Well, that’s what she said. Just a small gathering…

Fast forward to 2 hours later, what I’m seeing in front of me now isn’t just any ordinary small gathering; when the lady suddenly told me that I was to go with them to the gathering and was told to wear something nice – I didn’t expect to be attending a barbecue fiesta packed with the townspeople, there are like over 100 people here.

Now imagine how crowded it is? The second we step foot on the premises, I started feeling uncomfortable. My eyes cautiously fleet from one person to another. I hate this. And it seemed as if they all know that I didn’t belong here, all of their attention was diverted on me. Groaning mentally, I don’t like this.

I flinched when my grandmother placed her hand on my back. She must’ve realized that never in my life have I ever mixed with crowds as big as this to have her looking guilty.

“Oh, Rei,” Her eyes showed that she was trying to comfort me “I’m sorry.”

My grandfather was on my side rubbing soothing circles on my back “We can go if you want.”

It’s not that I’m scared of people; I’m just paranoid about the amount of them here. All my life, I spend them going to school, return home, mingle with few people, and that’s it. Not 100 people or more crowded in one place.

Shaking my head, I assured them, “No, I’m fine. Plus, there’s free food. We can’t leave just yet. And as long as you guys don’t split from me, I’ll be okay.”

They nodded with a couple of laughs. “Do you want to eat first or meet our friends?” My grandmother questioned.

I only shrugged.

“Food it is then.” My grandfather led us to the food area.

Even here, my grandparents received the utmost respect and kindness. When they saw me, they simply smiled and said, “So you’re the mystery granddaughter everyone’s been talking about.”

I froze. Everyone was talking about me? This is not good.

The stranger paused with a sad smile “She’s the spitting image of Haewa.”

My heart warmed to the thoughts of my mother. Hearing about how the impression she left on them like that makes me happy in so many ways. My grandmother only caresses my hair “She is.”

The lady serving us the food smiled so fondly “I’m sure the boys are eager to meet her as well.” Suddenly a knowing smile spread across her face “Who knows, by the end of tonight, she’ll have herself a boyfriend?” She winked mischievously.

I wanted to laugh! A boyfriend? My Yakuza of a grandfather would hunt them down before I even get my first kiss.

Yes! I don’t have my first kiss yet. Surprise-surprise! But hey, not a lot of people get the chance to have one, you know.

---------------

Grandmother had introduced me to half of the civilizations present here, and I admit they’re all friendly. The men are so good looking as if they all came straight out of the fashion magazine and they’re too friendly for my liking. The women are no exception, they are all walking beauty.

To the untrained eyes, it seemed as if the gathering were almost the same, bland and boring. People mingling, talking, smiling and laughing here and there, but actually no, that’s not the case.

If you look closely, you could see how everyone was separated by a group of ages. The kids with their own group, pre-teen to the mid-teen mingling together, the young adult from 18 to 20 something together in one group and the old ones were together discussing something serious. And, I was the odd one out.

I was about to leave and find my grandparents who said they’ll come and get me within 20 minutes, looking at the time, it has been an hour already. With said, the thought disappeared when two girls around my age spoke to me.

“Hey! You’re Mr. and Mrs. Kwon’s granddaughter right?” One of them spoke with gentleness in her voice.

I only nodded.

Both of them beamed at me “Awesome! I’m Nila and this is Mina.” The girl with the soft voice introduced themselves.

I contemplated whether to give them my name or not, but what the heck, “I’m Rei,” Introducing myself with a small smile.

“Cool name,” Nila’s friend, Mina, complimented. She has a deep dimple on her right cheek, even when she speaks, the dimple appears.

“Uh… Thank you?” was all I said. Nice! Now, they’re gonna think that I’m a . Wait! Since when do I care what people think? I mentally rolled my eyes.

Both of them laughed, like genuinely laughing their asses off. I mean, what was I supposed to say? Brag about it?

They finished their laughing spree with a wipe of tear hanging on the corner of their eyes.

Nila threw her arms in the air; “Finally!” rolling her eyes “I know from that response alone, you’re a sarcastic type of person.”

That doesn’t make sense at all. My brows rose questioningly as my eyes glanced down at the red cup in their hands. Now, that makes sense, they’re drunk.

The girls followed to where I was looking and on their individual cups. They laughed “Oh, no. We’re not drunk. I promise!” Nila said, raising a hand beside her head. And both of them started to laugh again. Yup! They are drunk.

“Okay, maybe, a little.” She grins like a Cheshire cat. “Come with us. We have our own little secret party in the woods. Plus, your grandparents are still talking to the town’s Mayor, and it won’t be over until the next sun comes up.”

I glanced at the crowds; I spotted my grandparents still talking. I guess she’s right, better than sitting here and rot in boredom.

“We’ll take good care of you, and I promise to drop you off home.” She smiled. I doubt my safety in her hands or anyone in a matter of fact, except my grandparents, of course. But, what could possibly go wrong? Me being drunk, I like the sound of that. I need to let loose for once in my life, live like a 22-year-old woman!

“Okay! Lead the way!” In one breath, I heaved a heavy sigh that has been suffocating me from since I left the Northern Town. I hope that I, at least, get to have fun tonight.

The secret gathering wasn’t that far from where the former party was held. When Nila said ‘little’, I think she meant a party for us young adults, and there were about 30 people or more.

A medium lit bonfire in the middle of the forest. Music blaring from a speaker set on the back of the Escalade truck – how did they get a vehicle as big as that to fit in here? Guys and girls were busy flirting, dancing, and etcetera-etcetera.

Nila and Mina led me to the truck, handing me my own red cup of bliss. They even introduced me to their boyfriends; whose name I learned was Jungshin and Youngbae.

I took a sip from the cup, and boy, my world shifted. This is so strong. W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter