▬ Not About Angels ✔

An Alpha and A Yakuza [COMPLETE] ✔
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

----------------------------------------------------

[Rei]

It’s been a week since I last saw Mark or Miyu, only because I chose to isolate myself from them. It’s not healthy, but this was the only way I know how to handle things on my own without getting anyone or myself hurt; avoidance.

I was enjoying the evening by the waterfalls where Mark had shown me last time. This place really gives me the peace I was seeking for the past week.

In all silence, for a second there, I heard a twig snapping in half, just a couple of feet behind me. “Just come out already,” I said.

Then, I heard footsteps nearing me before it stopped just beside me, staring at the exquisite view of this nature.

It was all quiet again, until, “I’m sorry.” He spoke.

I chuckled bitterly, deep down knowing that he’ll apologize for as long as he can, but he’ll continue to act like how he’s been acting previously. “You know what’s eating me inside and out?” I started carefully. He stared at me in confusion. “I don’t know how this even happened, but the fact that I fell for you, really s me up. And I didn’t even consider my own feelings, so I ended up getting hurt in the process.”

His eyes widened “What do you me –” His face morphed into one of those pitiful expression people give you when they felt bad about something they didn’t intend on doing.

Bitterly, I smiled, nodding my head in understanding. He loves Hana. I mean, I did overhear some of his pack members talking that he was going to take her as his mate and claim her in front of his pack as a Luna or something.

“Forget I ever said anything,” I left immediately, not giving him a chance to say anything, I just bolted out of there like my had been caught in a fire. I thought I could love someone, but I guess I was wrong.

Moments ago clear blue sky, now, dark clouds emerging from the west and pouring the land with rain. Perfect! I thought sarcastically. “Are you crying for me or mocking me – mama, papa?” I grumbled alone as I control my pace to steadier steps, not sure where I was going, but I just needed to get away.

I wasn’t sure where I was, nonetheless, I continued walking towards the sound of children laughing. There was a park nearby, and kids between the age of 10 and 12 were out playing in the rain. They were joyously jumping on the small pool of rain.

The smile on their faces was so contagious that a smile eventually etched itself on my own. I took a seat on the bench and watched them play.

See, I’m not the only one that likes playing in the rain. I was too deep in thought to have not noticed a kid standing in front of me with a smile on his face.

“Noona,”

I looked up, startled “Yes?” I returned the gesture.

“Do you want to play with us?” He invited as he glanced back at his friend. I got to my feet and joined them.

After what feels like hours of joy, I left the park and headed on home because that’s what I need now, a place to sleep and place where insensitive people are gathered.

Once I arrived, no one made eye contact with me or even approach me, the place was so quiet – actually, too quiet for my liking. Despite the obvious tension, I went for a hot shower and ate something to keep myself energized for the next couple of days, I supposed.

As I was heading towards my room, my grandfather’s right-hand man, Mr. Okinawa told me to follow him. I hesitated at first but followed eventually. He led me to the tea room, in there I found my grandparents with seven familiar looking boys.

My heart fell at the sight of him, yet, I managed to compose the look on my face. I bowed respectfully to my grandparents and nod my head at the boys, a gesture telling them their presences are made known.

“Kohai said you wanted to see me.” I looked over to my grandfather who was sitting right across the boys.

He nodded his head “I did,” He inspected my damped hair and newly changed of clothes “I see you were playing in the rain again.”

I had the urge to roll my eyes but went against it, and stayed silent.

“They came and waited 2 hours for you. That is a rude gesture towards our guests.” His voice was stern. This man and his damn manners and etiquette will drive me insane one day.

I groaned mentally, I didn’t tell them to come or even ask them to. “Is that it?” I questioned flatly.

A horror-stricken look painted over the old man’s face. I noticed how my grandmother swiftly placed her hand on his own, patting them gently, secretly telling him to calm down.

My grandmother looked at me warily “Don’t you want to speak to them while having tea?”

I pondered for a second before shaking my head, I turned a little facing Jaebum “I’m not going to apologize for making you wait because I never expected you to come,” He was about to say something, but I was quick to cut him off “But, from now on, please refrain from coming over. It doesn’t matter what circumstances you’re in, just stay away from here. I’m not asking much, but please, heed the request.” I nod my head once more at him before facing straight at the wall in front of me.

“Excuse me; I’ll head to my quarters now.” Without so much of goodbye or goodnight, I left the room with a heavy heart. I’m seriously tired of the I’m dealing with, they’re all nothing but nuisances and when I found a solution wanting to solve it, I was the one who keeps getting hurt. I’m done, for today, at least, because I’ve got more things to worry about than these harbored feelings. I’m just going to sleep it off.

--------------------------------

I woke up the next day feeling more tired than I was yesterday because all I did the entire night was toss and the futon, I couldn’t fall asleep like I planned I would. Nonetheless, willing myself to get up, I took a shower, eat and went straight to school.

What else can I do except resume my daily full of chores and training life? I was going to just grab something from the kitchen and go, but I was called into the dining hall where everyone was gathered for breakfast.

I stood at the end of the room.

“Leaving for school already?” My grandmother cast a heartwarming smile at me, slightly making my day better. I bowed my head towards my grandfather and returned the smile to my grandmother.

“You’re not going to eat?” The old man asked.

“I don’t feel like it,” I replied curtly.

He heaved a sigh causing everyone in the room to flinch except, of course, grandma and me. “You need to eat, how are you going to train without energy?”

I snorted sourly, sometimes I expect too much from him, but always ended up disappointed. He doesn’t care about my actual entire being except uses me as a killing machine, a cold robot that intimidates his warriors – weak or strong, they’ve all come to fear me at some point and that’s what my grandfather likes.

I didn’t bother myself to answer him; I bowed once more “I’ll be going now.” I said and left.

When I got to campus ground, there was a familiar blonde head standing by the gate. Miyu must’ve heard what happened yesterday from Jaebum to make her come this early to school and waited for me at the entrance.

She gave me a sad smile. I didn’t need that, which led me to roll my eyes “Please, don’t say anything.” I said as I neared her and walked past straight to our building.

I got in the empty class, claiming my usual seat and rested my head on the table as I face the outside of the window which was right beside me.

Winter was approaching fast and I’m ready to face the harsh cold weather until my entire body is numb from the extreme coldness.

Miyu sat next to me; I heard her heaving a heavy sigh out of her tiny body. I felt sorry for giving her the cold shoulder this early in the morning, but that’s just who I am. I don’t talk or rant about my feelings to anyone, never. I was taught to bottled it up and hold my tongue.

When the class started to fill with students, I leaned back on my chair whilst looking at my phone, trying to keep myself busy like searching for a different country to settle in and start new or read something.

I heard more students coming in, when until suddenly a familiar girly laughter echoed in the hallways and into the room. My eyes remained glued to the screen of my phone as they enter.

They walked up the stairs and sat right behind me. I quickly turned my phone off when the professor came in and started the lesson in a flash.

A disturbed mind of a trained assassin is not a good company or so when my mind drifted away from the class to have the professor called me asking if I was okay or not considering that no matter how busy I was, I always managed to secure my GPA and all my exams scores to a T.

I nodded my head.

“Can you tell me what I just said?” This professor has been getting on my nerves lately.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter