▬ I Don't Even Care About You ✔

An Alpha and A Yakuza [COMPLETE] ✔
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 ------------------------------------------------------

[Rei]

You know how people say that the first impression matters the most? Yeah, well, this classmate of mine who looks like he has a stick up his 25/8 – apparently, have been keeping a tab on me. I wasn’t sure why but I’m going to find out sooner or later.

How did I know? To cut a long story short, one of his friends, a freshman, who couldn’t keep his mouth shut who is also known as Bambam, had actually spilled the beans to me – that this guy, Mark, was watching my every move.

At first, I had caught two of his minions – Bambam and Yugyeom – following me and one of them actually led me to their ringleader.

After I had caught both of them red-handed, both of them seemed to have disappeared for a while, until I caught up with Bambam, again, over I confronted the boys about the whole ordeal, but they didn’t fess up, well, one of them was very strong headed on trying not to ruin the plan. Bambam, on the other hand, oh, I was onto him.lunch time.

“Hey, Bam,” I fake a smile because what’s the point of being genuine if the other person is blatantly lying to you? “Long time no see, where’d you go?”  

His eyes lit up at the sight of me, “Rei noona! Hey! I miss you.”

I chuckled, “Already? It’s only been a week since you last saw me, hasn’t it?”

“Yeah,” Pouting his lips, “And it’s all because of him!” He grumbled under his breath, yet, it was enough for me to have heard it and questioned who ‘him’ is?

“Well, you grew fond of some stranger rather quickly. Isn’t that dangerous?”

He laughed as if it was the funniest thing in the world, “No, I choose the person that deserves my affection and respect, very wisely.”

I hummed in curiosity, “So, what happened in the library last time was all just a plan?”

The boy suddenly turned as silent as the grave. This conversation just turned from friendly to secrecy in a split second.

Forcing a laugh out, just to ease the tension in the air, yet I make it seem natural, “You take things too seriously! You’re gonna grow old, fast!” Bambam laughed awkwardly.

“Let me buy you a lunch,” I said, hoping he would say yes. Today, surprisingly, Miyu was in one of her class. I don’t know what has gotten into that girl’s head but at least she’s taking her major a little serious now.

Bambam kindly decline the offer because perhaps he knows that I was on to him. Nevertheless, I pushed forward with the plan – feigning hurt, I add a pout to give an extra effect to my expression (Miyu’s tactic) “Oh, Bam! You’ve hurt my feelings.”

Almost immediately, he looked guilty, but changed his mind in the end “Okay, I am actually hungry.” We laughed and made our way to the restaurant off campus. I don’t know why, but I prefer eating at a café more than in the campus's cafeteria. I’ve never even set foot in the school’s cafeteria, not even in my freshman year.

“Where’s Yugyeom?” I asked as we’ve taken our seat.

“He’s on a patrol –” He blurted “I mean he’s got a part-time job. But, luckily he doesn’t have any classes today.”

I nodded my head, going along with whatever he’s saying. Being a Yakuza or even just being a part of one, suspicion runs a long way in the family. I ordered two meal set of beef barbeque with rice on the side for both of us and Bambam was okay with it.

“How’s school lately?” I asked. My grandfather always tells me when ambushing a target, be sneaky first then attack, hard and merciless.

He sighed for a start “Tiring, especially listening to human explaining their own anatomy.” This kid is giving a lot of suspicions away, and yet, I couldn’t put my hands on what they mean.

The first time he revealed a clue was when I caught him and Yugyeom – they had been on my the entire morning, that was last week, and I bought them lunch as well to interrogate them.

Today, he’s given me four worthies of clues, and I still can’t figure anything out. Who is Bambam, really? Matter of fact, what is he? Bambam talks about human as if he’s not a part of the category as well.

The colors on his face disappeared as soon as he realized what he had said. Stuttering and fumbling over his words, he even looks like a child that had been caught stealing. But I was getting tired of this game, I want it to end.

“Being a medic student , but hey, you’re doing all right for a freshie. Most of them would’ve bailed on the subject and take something new by now.” I patted his shoulder for some encouragement.

He could only sigh at the cheer. Once the food came, the boy’s eyes lit twice the times he had when he saw me. He didn’t waste a second and gobbled down the food hungrily. Now, it’s time to ask him what I’ve been meaning to ask, and I’m sure he knows what I’m talking about. From the looks of it, Bambam always let his guard down when he eats.

“Who are you spying on me for?” I asked casually, my food left untouched, eyes fixed on him.

“Mark –” Fear must’ve paralyzed him when I saw the horror flashing across his face, eyes widened at the sudden revelation.

I poked my inside cheek, annoyed. I glared at the food in front of me as if it was the main cause of this unknown drama.

Bambam stuttered distressfully “I-No-I-He –” Heaving a sigh, he said, “I’m sorry,” With his head hanging low.

“What are you sorry for?”

“Because I lied to you”

I sighed because that isn’t something new to me; it’s more like I’ve gotten used to it and it’s up to me whether to search or the truth or push the other person away. Bambam actually confessed and that takes a lot of guts to do.

“It’s not your doing, so you have nothing to be sorry about. You only did so because it was an order, wasn’t it?” The look of guilt doesn’t suit this boy’s kind feature. I sighed once more “Look, if you still feel bad, just tell me this. Is he here today?”

He nodded his head.

“Do you know where he’ll be after his last class ends?”

He nodded again “At the oak tree, behind the Art building.”

“Okay. Thank you. Now, stop feeling bad. If Mark –” I quoted the air “hurts you, come to me.” I smiled, genuine this time. He nodded his head one last time with a hopeful smile plastered on his face. I chuckled “Good, now, let’s eat.”

And that was my ultimate mission for today. Find the guy and confront him.

If I’m not mistaken, I think I’ve seen the guy – mostly his light brown dyed head, but I’ve never actually talked to him, not even a ‘hi’. The only thing I know about Mark is that he’s a senior as well and we’re in the same art class.

This is the last year we’ll be spending in this pit of hell and we’ve never once strike a conversation because we’re that different. I’m not saying that I hate going to school, but sometimes the tasks are just as much as my chores at home.

So, who gives this guy the right to keep an eye on me? We’re not friends and I think I made that point quite clear. Heck, we don’t even acknowledge one another’s presence.

Plus, he doesn’t look like one of those guys who stalk girls as a hobby because I think it’s the other way round. Girls stalk him for a living, literally! I’ve seen a few of the girls on campus follow him around, sometimes. And! He has a girlfriend, a pretty one too, I may say so myself.

At this moment, I have decided upon myself that I’m going to ask him because sometimes it’s better to get the answer personally than to snoop around for more clues and more questions.

My class just ended and everyone was heading home while I was making my way to the back of the Art department building, feeling somewhat determined to get the truth out of him.

Not a moment after, I spotted him under the Oak tree, alone. Perfect! My pace quickened as I neared him. Standing from where I was, I could see the smug look on his face which annoyed the hell out of me. Biting my insults down, I told myse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter