Picnic Two Styles

Submissions For Fanforyeol

Since Chanyeol cooked dinner, Kris was left with the task of cleaning the dishes. Kris didn’t mind it because it was only fair. After the last incident, it became clear that cooking and Kris wasn’t meant to go hand in hand.

He just finished loading the dishwashing machine and walked back to the living room when he caught the end of Chanyeol’s sentence.

“That’s nice.” Chanyeol murmured to himself as his eyes riveted on the giant plasma TV mounted on the cream colored walls.

Kris looked at the TV and saw a picnic scene before Chanyeol switched the channel. Kris furrowed his brows and replayed the scene in his mind. A family of three was having a picnic on a park. They were sitting on a red checkered blanket with food spread around them. They seemed to be having a lot of fun, judging by the laugh on their happy faces.

Kris smiled and an idea came to his mind. Chanyeol rarely asked for anything, so he thought it would be a good idea to surprise his tall boyfriend with a picnic. He made his way to the sofa and snuggled in for a night of cheesy dramas, Chanyeol’s favorite, with a secret plan formed in his mind.

 

 

The first thing on Kris’ to-do list was to make sure their next Saturday was free. With a few well placed phone calls it was done and Kris smiled in triumph as he circled the date on his desk calendar with red marker.

Next was to decide where they would have the surprise picnic. Obviously Chanyeol wanted to go to somewhere with lots of green. He opened his browser and searched for a good place nearby. After going through some potential spots, Kris decided on a camping site, 30 minutes from the city. The place had an artificial lake with grassy fields surrounding it, perfect for a day of lazing around. He checked the business hours, admittance fees and other facilities. With a satisfied smirk, he downloaded the camping site’s address and map into his smartphone.

And then came the hardest part. The food.

Kris was a realistic man. He was well aware of his lack of talent in the cooking department, but he still wanted to prepare something for Chanyeol. He could always get something from his boyfriend’s favorite eateries, but he liked the thought of feeding Chanyeol something homemade. Something he made.

Kris wasn’t above asking for help, so he dialed Yixing’s number. The other man was a chef and owned a restaurant just a couple of blocks away. The call connected after the 5th ring.

“Ge?” Yixing’s voice came through the speaker.

“Yixing. I have a favor to ask. Can you teach me to cook something simple?” Kris said straight to the point.

“Uh, ge? Are you feeling okay? Am I hearing this right? You want to learn how to cook?” Yixing’s voice was laced with disbelief. It was a common knowledge among their circle of friends that you do not let Kris Wu anywhere near a stove.

Kris rolled his eyes and huffed. With a serious tone, he explained the reason behind the odd request.

“Aaah, a picnic. That was so nice of you.” Kris could hear Yixing’s smile from across the line. “Come by to the restaurant during lunch break. I could teach you to make some simple foolproof recipes.”

“Foolproof? Should I be offended?” Kris joked.

Yixing laughed and they ended the call with a cheerful ‘see you later’.

 

 

When lunch came around, Kris tidied his desk and grabbed his suit jacket before making a dash for the elevator. He smiled and yelled ‘Sorry! Not today.’ to Jongdae’s invitation to share lunch at the company’s cafeteria.

He practically speed walked out of the lobby, much to the amusement of the receptionists and the doorman. In 15 minutes time, he had arrived at Yixing’s restaurant, a light sheen of sweat covered his temples and he was slightly out of breath.

“Ge!” Yixing waved at him from behind the counter.

Kris smiled in greeting. “Hey. Thanks for making the time. I know you’re busy with the lunch crowd and all.” He said as he came forward and shook hands with Yixing.

“It’s nothing ge. “ The younger assured him as he led the tall man through the ‘Staff Only’ door and into the kitchen.

“By the way, can you not mention about this to your baby boy?” Kris asked as he followed behind.

Yixing glanced at him from over his shoulder. “Why do you not want Jongin to know?”

“I want to keep it as a surprise and it’s not that I don’t trust your boyfriend. But if Jongin knows, then Sehun knows. If Sehun knows then Luhan knows. And if Luhan knows then the whole world will know too.”

Yixing laughed out loud and promised not to mention about Kris’ surprise event to Jongin. The shorter man led Kris further into the kitchen where he had set up a station for Kris. Upon the stainless surface were ingredients for making sandwiches.

“I thought we should start you off easy. So for today I’ll teach you how to make sandwiches.” Yixing started. “It’s not rocket science as long as you use common sense.”

Kris raised an eyebrow.

Yixing smiled a little. “Do you think strawberry jam would go well together with pickles?”

Kris looked positively green. “Yuck.” He replied succinctly.

Yixing’s smile grew wider. “See? Common sense. No need to go for anything fancy or out of the box. Just go for whatever you know will taste good. BLT and PBJ for examples. You could never go wrong with those two. Here, I’ll show you how to make them and later you can try to make some on your own.”

Yixing fired up the stove and placed the pan over the fire. Kris watched with rapt attention as Yixing washed the lettuce, sliced the tomatoes, cooked the bacon, toast the bread and slathered the mayo on. He assembled the sandwich and it was done.

“See? Easy right? You just have to watch out for the bacon and toast. Don’t undercook or overcook them. If you like, you can add sunny side up, cheese and mustard too.” Yixing said as he plated the sandwich. “Now it’s your turn.”

Kris rolled up his sleeve and put on the apron YIxing held out to him. He started by washing the lettuce and tomatoes. He sliced the tomatoes carefully and was quite satisfied at the result. He then cooked the bacon and toasted the loaves of bread under Yixing guidance, mentally taking notes of the fire setting and the color of the bacon and toast. He slathered the mayo and assembled the rest of the ingredients.

With a triumphant “A ha!” he plated his first BLT sandwich.

Yixing clapped his shoulder. “Now let’s taste it.” He said as he brought their plates to the chef’s table.

Kris’ eyes widened when he tasted his sandwich. “This is actually good.” He said in awe. “I could actually make something edible.” He grinned happily.

Yixing gave him a thumb up. “Chanyeol will definitely love it.”

Kris hummed in agreement. His sandwich was already half gone.

“Come back again tomorrow. I’ll teach you how to make other kinds of sandwiches.”

Kris nodded in thanks. He was still busy chewing on the last of bit his sandwich. He swallowed and grinned at Yixing. “Could I make one more? I’m still hungry.”

Yixing laughed. “Sure. While we’re on it, I’ll teach you how to make tuna sandwich. It’s a bit more work, but I’m sure you can handle it.”

The two men returned to the station and Yixing proceeded to show Kris how to make tuna sandwich. Again, Kris watched in rapt attention, taking mental note of the important points. ‘Drain the tuna so it won’t be too watery. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper for better taste. Butter the bread so the sandwich won’t get soggy.’

Kris let out a satisfied moan when he tasted his own tuna sandwich.”Yixing, I think I’m going to be making lots of sandwiches from now on.” He said as he munched happily.

“Good for you ge.” Yixing laughed.

Kris left the restaurant with a permanent smile on his face. He felt good and imagining Chanyeol’s face as the younger man ate his sandwich made him feel even better.

 

 

The following two days were spent with Kris learning to make varieties of sandwiches at Yixing’s kitchen. By Wednesday, Kris already knew how to make PBJ, grilled cheese, and egg sandwich. He was getting more confident as the ones he made tasted quite good. On Thursday, Yixing taught him how to make kimbap. After several tries, Kris finally succeeded in rolling the laver without spilling the filling. On Friday, Yixing taught him how to make a fruit salad with yoghurt dressing. And by the time Friday ended, Kris had an arsenal of picnic foods under his belt. Yixing send him off with a proud smile and a tin of freshly baked cookies.

After work was done, Kris made a phone call to Chanyeol to find out where the younger was. He needed to get some groceries done and he didn’t want Chanyeol to know about the things he bought. It might arouse suspicions. Luckily, Chanyeol was still at his University’s library, working on some last minute assignment so he could have a free weekend.

Kris quickly made his way to the store. He had made a list and within an hour he got everything he needed. He rushed home and parked the car, eyes scanning the garage for Chanyeol’s motorbike but couldn’t spot it. He left the blanket and other non food stuffs in the trunk and carried the rest of the groceries up to their apartment.

He had just finished putting away the last of the ingredients into an unused cupboard in the kitchen when he heard the electronic lock beeped and the door opened. He straightened away and quickly stuffed the plastic bags into the trash bin and pretended to rummage around the fridge looking for something to drink.

“I’m home.” Chanyeol’s deep voice boomed from the foyer.

“Welcome home Yeolli.” Kris answered from the kitchen.

They met at the living room and Chanyeol threw himself into Kris waiting arms. They shared a brief kiss and whispered ‘I miss you’ before Chanyeol pulled away and made his way to the kitchen.

“How was your day?” Chanyeol asked as he washed his hands.

“Pretty good actually. You?” Kris answered and leaned into the doorjamb, hoping fervently that Chanyeol wouldn’t find the secret stash.

“Mine was fine. Assignment went well too. What do you want for dinner?” Chanyeol asked again as he opened the fridge to see what he could cook for dinner.

“I was thinking of going out to that new noodle shop around the block.” Kris suggested. The last thing he needed was Chanyeol puttering about in the kitchen.

Chanyeol nodded and closed the fridge. “Yeah, let’s just eat outside. We have nothing on the fridge. Remind me to do groceries tomorrow.”

Kris hummed in affirmative and they walked out of the kitchen. They agreed to go by Chanyeol’s bike, because Friday night’s traffic was nightmare and it was almost impossible to find a parking spot for the car. Given the opportunity, Kris wrapped his hands tightly around Chanyeol’s waist. (It wasn’t done out of fear mind you.)

The dinner went smoothly. Kris liked the new noodle shop, the food was good and the price was reasonable. Chanyeol immediately fell in love with the place as soon as he stepped inside the cozy establishment and Hyukoh’s ‘Wiing Wiing’ was playing in the background.

Chanyeol being his usual bright, happy and cheerful self made a quick acquaintance with the owner and staffs. When they left the shop, Chanyeol was already on a first name basis with the owner and four waiters.  Kris looked on with proud smile when one of the staff sent them off after making Chanyeol promised to come by often.

They reached the apartment safely and after a couple of episodes of Chanyeol’s favorite drama, they called it a night and went to sleep.

 

 

Like every other Saturday mornings, Chanyeol was up way before Kris. The younger usually woke up well before 7 and went for morning jog with their neighbor, Kyungsoo. He placed a gentle kiss on Kris’ temple before he slowly made his way to the bathroom. He came out after 5 minutes and changed into his running attires. He placed another kiss on the side of Kris’ head before tiptoeing out of the bedroom, not knowing that Kris was awake the entire time.

Kris waited until he heard the front door opened and closed, before he jumped out of bed. He quickly brushed his teeth and washed his face before he bounded to the kitchen. He only had one hour to prepare everything for the Surprise Picnic.

Soon, he was lost in his cooking. He prepared the rice first so he could get on making the sandwich while waiting for it to be done. He fell into the now familiar routine of slicing, chopping, dicing, frying, toasting and mixing. In under an hour, Kris had made enough sandwiches and kimbap rolls to feed a small army (or at least a hungry Chanyeol), and he carefully packed them away in Tupperware boxes. All that was left to make was the fruit salad.

 

 

When Chanyeol returned from his morning jog, he fully expected his boyfriend to still be in bed. To his surprise, Kris was already up, showered and was waiting for him in the living room.

“Hyung?” He asked bemusedly.

Kris smiled and clapped his hand twice. “Go shower, quick. We have a picnic date in 15 minutes.”

Chanyeol raised his eyebrows in confusion. “Picnic date?”

Kris’ smile turned even wider. “A surprise picnic date. Now hurry, I know you must be hungry. The faster you’re ready, the faster we can eat!”

Chanyeol shook his head ruefully, but the teeth-rich smile conveyed his obvious joy.

“Be back in 10!” He threw over his shoulder as he half ran to the bedroom.

Kris used the time to recheck his preparations. Satisfied that he got everything he would need, he returned to the living room and studied the map for the camping site.

True to his words, Chanyeol was back in 10 minutes. They walked out of the apartment; Kris carried the small ice box and tote bag containing the food, while Chanyeol carried the tote bag containing the other stuffs. Chanyeol kept pestering Kris about the sudden picnic, but Kris only hummed in amusement and provided no clear answer.

Once they were on the road, Chanyeol finally gave up and messed with the stereo system instead. He plugged his phone and soon he was singing along to his favorite songs. His deep y voice belting notes after notes, sometimes even rapping along. Kris totally enjoyed ‘The Chanyeol Show’, he hummed along to the songs he knew, once or twice his equally deep voice joined Chanyeol’s on the rap parts.

They were having so much fun that the trip to the camping site passed by in a flash. Chanyeol was bouncing excitedly on his seat as Kris pulled up to the parking lot and turned off the engine. They paid the admittance fee and walked along the boardwalk path to the lakeside area. Chanyeol found a shaded spot under a large tree, he deemed it perfect and half ran toward it. Kris watched his lover’s antics with a soft smile on his face, pleased that his plan had been going smoothly so far.

He should’ve known better than to challenge Fate or whatever force in charge of turning great things into disasters.

The first hitch on the plan came in the form of a breeze. A very strong breeze.

Kris took out a blanket from one of the bags. He couldn’t find a red checkered blanket so he settled for a plain brown one. Chanyeol set the other bags off to the side and helped Kris to lay the blanket down. Just then, the wind picked up.

Kris didn’t expect the day to be so windy. It took him and Chanyeol the whole of 5 minutes just to unfold the blanket and set it down on the grassy ground. They also had trouble keeping the blanket down, the corners tended to get swept off by the wind. After much under the breath cursing, Kris resorted to using the ice box to pin one side of the blanket down with Chanyeol sitting on the other, while he looked around for stones big and heavy enough to be used as weight. Fortunately he found what he was looking for, and the picnic could resume smoothly.

Or so he thought.

After they secured the blanket down, Kris motioned for Chanyeol to take out the utensils. With a childish glee, Chanyeol took out the napkins, plastic spoons and bowls and arranged them neatly. He looked on with undisguised anticipation while Kris reached for the other tote bag.

When doing his research for the perfect place, Kris forgot to factor in the insects. The moment he opened the tote bag and took out the food containers, all sort of bugs started to march toward the pair. The first one to join in was the ants then the flies followed by some energetic grasshoppers. With a groan and a moan, Kris swatted them away.

Seeing the exasperation on his lover’s face, Chanyeol could only bit his lips in an attempt to hold back his laughter. He kept a straight face as he helped Kris got rid of the annoying bugs. Finally their picnic area was somewhat free of uninvited life forms.

Kris was wearing a proud smile as he opened the Tupperware boxes containing the foods Yixing taught him to make. Chanyeol’s eyes widen at the feast before him. There were loads of sandwiches, kimbap rolls, fruit salad and even a tin of cookies!

“Hyung, where did you get all these?” He asked in awe.

“I made them.” Kris answered as he took an egg sandwich and held it out to Chanyeol. “Well, everything except the cookies. Yixing baked the cookies.”

The younger male took the offered food and wasting no time, bit down into it. Chanyeol’s already big eyes widen even more. He chewed the sandwich in his mouth and let out obscene sounds.

“Hyung, this is sooo good.” Chanyeol said between bites.

“I’m glad you like it.” Kris replied.

In a matter of minutes, Chanyeol already finished one sandwich. He clapped his hands gleefully before picking up a BLT sandwich. Kris was busy with his own sandwich, but his eyes faithfully trained on his young lover’s happy face. He felt his chest warming at the sight of Chanyeol wolfing down his handmade sandwich.

“Hyung, you should make these every day.” Chanyeol said after he finished with his BLT. He was considering between a tuna sandwich and a kimbap roll, finally deciding on the laver wrapped rice.

“Hmm. I suppose I could make them for your breakfast and lunch.” Kris mused.

Chanyeol grinned and raised a thumb up.

“But it will be costly.” Kris added his tone playful.

“How much? I have a rich boyfriend who loves me so much. He won’t mind spending some lunch money on me.” Chanyeol played along.

“Oh really? Well, I’m rich myself, so I don’t really need the money. I was thinking of some other form of payment.” Kris said haughtily.

Chanyeol tried but failed to hold off his laughter. “What do you want as payment then?” He asked.

Kris pretended to think about it. Then he leaned closer to Chanyeol and said in a low voice. “A kiss for every sandwich.”

Chanyeol almost choked on his rice. He swallowed his mouthful and laughed out loud. Kris looked on with a lopsided grin as Chanyeol’s laughter died down.

“I don’t think my boyfriend will like it if I kiss someone else.” Chanyeol stage whispered.

“What he doesn’t know won’t kill him.” Kris grinned conspiratorially.

Chanyeol shook his head ruefully. “But the thing is, I don’t want to kiss anyone else but my boyfriend. So you’ll have to come up with something else.”

Kris gave up the act and closed the distance between them. His lips gently captured Chanyeol’s in a chaste kiss.

“Good. I don’t want you to kiss anyone else either.” He murmured against the full lips.

Chanyeol smiled and initiated another kiss which Kris returned with a little too much enthusiasm. They parted for a bit to breathe (forget breathing through the nose, Chanyeol’s kisses always, always, left Kris breathless) and met again for another round of kissing.

Only this time they abruptly separated. Because Kris did not just felt water fell on his arm. But he did, and it was. Soon more water fell down and it dawned on Kris that it was rain drops.

Mother Nature just literally rain on Kris Wu’s picnic.

The sound of distant thunder jolted the two from their shock, and they scrambled into action. Chanyeol tossed the food containers into one of the bags, not caring about closing the lids, while Kris got rid of the weight. Once he got all the food secured, Chanyeol stood up, grabbed the ice box and went to stand under the tree. Kris just grabbed the ends of the blanket together and lifted the whole thing over his shoulder. The sight reminded Chanyeol of Santa Claus and his gift sack.

“To the car.” Kris barked out and ran to the parking lot.

Chanyeol followed behind, his long legs didn’t have trouble keeping up with Kris’ pace. The rain had gotten worse in such a short time. It had become more of a torrential downpour. Kris fumbled with the key and with a push of a button, the doors unlocked. Chanyeol wrenched the backdoor and threw everything on the backseat before slamming the door close. He scurried to get on the front and breathed a sigh of relief when he was safely inside the car.

Kris was already on the driver’s side and he looked pissed. Chanyeol could feel the frustration rolling off of Kris’ body. His big hands gripped the steering wheel so tightly his knuckles turned white. His clenched his jaw so hard Chanyeol could see some veins popping on his temple.

“Yifan ge.” Chanyeol called softly and Kris visibly deflated.

It was his ultimate weakness, Chanyeol calling him with his Chinese name. And he even added the ‘ge’. The syllables washed through Kris’ taut body in a cascade of warm voice and even warmer feeling. And just like that all of the negative feelings flowed out of Kris.

He took a deep breath and released it in one long sigh. He let go of the steering wheel and turned to look at Chanyeol. The younger male was half leaning across the hand brake, worried etched across his features. Kris gave a shaky smile and Chanyeol leaned all the way to place a kiss on the corner of his lips.

“Sorry Yeollie.” Kris sighed when Chanyeol pulled back.

“What for?” Chanyeol had one hand on Kris’ cheek.

“For the ruined picnic.”

Chanyeol only smiled. “Don’t be sorry. It’s not your fault Hyung.”

“It is my fault. I can’t believe I was so stupid. I should’ve checked the weather report.” Kris groaned.

“No, no. Don’t say that. It really is not your fault. It’s just rain, okay.”

“But it’s your picnic.”

“Hyung.” Chanyeol’s voice turned stern.

Kris wanted to say more, but he knew to shut up and pay attention when Chanyeol used that tone.

“Thank you for the picnic. It may be cut short but it was still the best one I ever had. Really, thank you.”

“Even with the wind, the bugs and the rain?” Kris asked timidly.

Chanyeol nodded vigorously. “Yup. Even with all of those. Want to know why?”

Kris nodded, although with much less vigor.

“Because you prepared it for me. We know you have a long standing feud with the kitchen, but you still go out of your way to learn to cook. To learn to make sandwich and kimbap and salad. And they’re delicious! I’m not kidding, they’re super good. And you did it all for me.” Chanyeol held Kris’ gaze with wonder in his eyes. “You did it all because you love me, and you have no idea how happy I am right now. How precious you make me feel. How loved.”

And Kris couldn’t help but pulled Chanyeol to him. He enveloped the younger in a tight hug despite their awkward postion. He buried his face in the crook of Chanyeol’s shoulder and just breathed him in. Kris only let go when he felt a shiver ran down Chanyeol’s body.

“Wait a second. I’ll turn on the heater.” The engine purred to life and Kris adjusted the heater. Soon, warm breeze wafted throughout the car.

“Can we continue the picnic here?” Chanyeol asked hopefully, trying his best to salvage what was left of the day.

Kris barked a laugh and ruffled Chanyeol’s damp hair. “Yeah. I guess we could.”

With a little bit of maneuvering, Chanyeol got the bag with food from the back seat and checked the contents. Miraculously, he managed to save the food, even the fruit salad. All the boxes somehow stacked up against one another and nothing was spilled. He took out the containers one by one, distributing the boxes between him and Kris.

Sharing a smile, the two resumed their picnic inside the car. Outside, the rain showed no sign of stopping, but neither Kris nor Chanyeol minded it anymore. And as he saw Chanyeol munched on yet another sandwich with gusto, Kris thought that this picnic was really the best one he ever had.

 

 

The next Friday night, Kris came home later than usual. He had a presentation on Monday so he stayed behind to prepare for it. He arrived home just minutes before the clock struck 9.

“Yeolli, I’m home.” He said tiredly once he entered the foyer.

“In the living room Hyung!” Came the reply.

Kris toed off his shoes and walked inside. He was brought up short when he caught sight of the living room. The lighting was set to dim and the couch and coffee table had been pushed aside, leaving a space in front of the TV where Chanyeol had made a nest.

Chanyeol had piled some blankets on the carpeted floor, pillows and cushions were stacked against each other in a semi circle. In the middle of the blanket, Chanyeol sat Indian style, wearing a big grin, one of Kris’ shirt and sweatpants.

“Hurry and go change. We’re having a picnic; Chanyeol style.” He said in lieu of greeting.

Kris smiled and dashed into their bedroom, his fatigue forgotten. He took off his business suit and change into his sleeping attire. He made a small detour to the bathroom to freshen up a bit, and half ran to the living room. He plopped down next to Chanyeol who already had two boxes of pizza laid out.

“I hope you don’t mind that I got pizza instead of making something for you. I promise next time I’ll do better than this.” Chanyeol said sheepishly as he held out a slice of pizza.

“Nope, this is great.” Kris grinned and took the offered slice.

“And for the entertainment,” Chanyeol brandished the remote, “you can pick between cheesy drama, variety show, evening news or music program.”

Kris grinned even wider. He swallowed his mouthful and scooted closer to Chanyeol. “Cheesy drama, please. My boyfriend loves it. We always spend our Friday night cuddling while watching it.”

Chanyeol laughed and turn the TV on, flicking the channel until it tuned in to one of the many dramas Chanyeol religiously watched.

“Your boyfriend is lucky.” He commented.

“Hmm. He is.” Kris hummed and reached for another slice.

Chanyeol slapped his thigh playfully and took a slice of his own. They leaned against the stacked cushions, their sides pressed together. Their legs automatically tangled together, Chanyeol had one leg thrown over Kris’ thigh while Kri’s rubbed his sole against Chanyeol’s other calf. Once or twice their elbows would knock, but neither minded.

Chanyeol was immersed in his drama with Kris commenting on the background from time to time. Everytime he did, Chanyeol would shush him or slap the elder’s thigh lightly.

“Okay I’m full. What’s for dessert?” Kris said as he sipped on his cold beer.

Chanyeol scratched his head and smiled sheepishly. “I didn’t prepare any.”

Kris raised an eyebrow and smirked. “I’ll take a cuddle then.”

Chanyeol laughed and slung his arm around Kris’ broad shoulder, drawing the taller man closer. “One cuddle, coming right up.”

Kris put away his can and burrowed deeper into Chanyeol’s side until he was half lying on top of the younger man, arms securely wrapped around Chanyeol’s waist.

“This is nice. No wind, no bugs, no rain and whole loads of cuddle.” He sighed in contentment. “Your picnic is the best Yeollie.”

Chanyeol kissed the top of Kris’ head. “I’m just glad you like it.”

Kris hummed. “I love it. Let’s do it again tomorrow.”

Chanyeol laughed and dropped another kiss. “Sure, but only if you make sandwich.”

“Deal.”

 

 

Later, during one of the commercial breaks, an advertisement for a family SUV came on.  Chanyeol nudged Kris and commented.

“That’s a nice car, don’t you think? Dad wants to surprise Mom and buy one for their wedding anniversary.”

Kris hummed in agreement. “Yeah, it’s nice.” Then he almost choked on nothing when the end of the advertisement showed the familiar picnic scene.

“Wait, Yeollie.” Kris sat up. “Last week when you say ‘That’s nice’, did you mean the car or the picnic?”

Chanyeol looked at him with confusion. “Last week?” Then something clicked in his mind. “Oh my God Hyung! I meant the car, not the picnic.”

Kris was doing a fine imitation of fish out of water.

“Is that why you prepared the picnic for me? You thought I wanted one?” Chanyeol said teasingly.

Kris groaned and buried his face in his hands. “It’s the car, it’s the stupid car.” He mumbled.

Chanyeol laughed and hugged Kris. “You’re so adorable Hyung! I love you so much, you know.”

Kris peered up at Chanyeol. “I feel stupid.” He said in embarrassment.

Chanyeol smiled handsomely at him. “Hey, don’t be. That was one of the best days of my life.”

Kris sighed and returned to his cuddling position. “Yeah, it was one of mine too.”

“Are we still on for tomorrow?” Chanyeol asked worriedly.

Kris snorted. “Yeah, we’re still on for tomorrow.”

Thus began the picnic tradition of Kris Wu and Park Chanyeol.