Deux

Nonplus

Yonghwa


 “Aren’t we overdressed for this?” Jungshin said as soon as he got out of his Porsche and saw Yonghwa locking the doors of his car, which was also a brand new Porsche.

“Overdressed?” Yonghwa remarked, spreading his arms wide enough to showcase his outfit which earned him a scoff from his younger bandmate.

 “I’m just saying it because its an event for us. Who are we trying to impress? Yonghwa Hyung, is that your new car? That’s sick! You just got that Aston Martin that Jonghyun Hyung was ogling at not too long ago!” Jungshin exclaimed.

 “One can never have too many cars. Jonghyun can borrow my car any time. Plus, the fact that I just couldn’t stop myself from getting a new car.” Yonghwa smirked as he kept his keys in the pockets of his tailored pants and made his way towards the restaurant.

Jungshin just shook his head at him while Yonghwa removed his shades.

“Well Hyung, will you please enlighten me?  Why are you dragging me along to your pre-celebration date with your girlfriend in this run down restaurant?” Jungshin asked while looking over Yonghwa’s shoulder to the interior of the restaurant.

Jungshin wondered why Yonghwa would even think about bringing his girlfriend to such a place for a meal, it feels more like a dodgy family restaurant, not a place for dates to be honest.

 

Seohyun


The automatic glass door slide opened while the sound of the cheap chimes of the automated bell alerted the staff about the new customers.

Seohyun peered through the messy strands of her dark brown hair and she was shocked when she noticed the pair that had entered the restaurant.

She was nervous as her breath hitched. “Why are they here?” she wondered.

The two tall guys (one lankier than the other) chose a table near the far end of the room by the window.

Seohyun soon realized she was the only waitress for the afternoon shift and hurried to clean the tables.

“There’s an agency that called me last night right after our gig and wanted to have a talk with us. You know, after hearing the songs we played last night. They said we were good and sounded pretty interested in our music.” Yonghwa told the younger one. “I couldn’t say no to that, we all know how hard we’ve worked to be recognized.”

Seohyun smiled when she heard the news. She did not mean to eavesdrop but the two guys who are part of the quartet are their school’s pride. The band they are in leaves every girl swooning and every guy impressed of their performance.

The gig last night was simply impressive. Seohyun was one in the huge audience. It was remarkable and she was sure it is going to be the talk of the school or even the whole town.

 “Hmm excuse me?” she tried to clear lightly and continued with a small voice. “What can I get for the both of you?”

Yonghwa looked up first, his grin never fading from his conversation with his younger friend. The grin made Seohyun unable to meet his eyes. It is after all her very first time seeing him this close.

She grabbed the notepad used for taking down orders to cover her heated face and gripped onto her the pen.

“Oh? You are friends with Yura! Am I right?” Jungshin asked pointing at Seohyun.

Seohyun didn’t know how to answer. Instead of giving a worded reply, she just nodded her head shyly and hoped that Jungshin would not probe her any further.

Jungshin’s eyes were narrowed at her, confused at the way Seohyun behaved. Truth to be told, he didn’t know her name, he only saw her with Yura from time to time.

Then, Jungshin flashed a smile at Seohyun assuring her that he meant no harm.

 

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter, I promise they will be longer as I get more time off school. :)

Leave a comment to let me know how you feel about this chapter!