The Royal Family

The golden bird of blackbird Kingdom

The Sun shone on the Golden River.

I and my brother often went there when we were to have fun.

My mother, the Queen, called it the ‘Death River’.

It was where all the great emperors of China were sent away when they passed away. The King, my father, said that it would be an honour for him if he were buried there, besides all of our great ancestors that were before us.

I stared at Yixing. 

His beautiful golden hair was longer than any of us, that was because he was special. 

He didn't like much of things that we enjoyed, but he still followed me everywhere I went. 

“Come Join me Yifan!” Xiumin shouted, rising from the river. 

Xiumin was from a different province but we were still best of friends. 

The West and South had agreed not to fight for a hundred years, which led to the friendship between us. As for the North, it was a great enemy to the kingdom, they began only one war, in which they lost but this was when the emperor was a young child.

 “Hey Yifan, Xiumin, come see what I found.” Yixing waved us beside him. “Oh, you found a baby looner, why is it not in the river?” Yixing shrugged.

 “It was sitting under that tree, I guess it's mother died.” His small voice mumbled.

 “Prince Yixing and Prince Yifan, the empress asked for your return home for your dinner.” The messenger informed us. 

“Well,I suppose that I must also return before my mother becomes worried, see you Saturday.” Xiumin waved, riding away. 

Yixing and I also got in our carriages and we were driven back home. 

To the Golden Kingdom.

 Upon entering the castle, I quickly whiffed up the delicious spices of supper. 

My father was sitting in the hall with the nobleman, as he raised his head and caught the quick shot of us.

 "Oh boys, your home, well go greet your mother." He smiles as pass by him. 

"Father's thinking a lot." Yixing cited to me, I just nod.

 We finally arrived the bedroom door of our mother. "Mother we're home," we say at the same time, then quickly giggling at it. "Finally." My mother's maid opened the door. My mother was sitting in her favourite rocking chair, sewing up the blue material. 

"Go prepare for supper, I'll be down in a minute. " We sat downstairs across from each other. Father Sat further down, across from mother as the chefs and maids brought down the food.

 "So, what have you learned today, Yifan?" I gulped down my food, trying to recall my musical and poetry class.

 "Well, I don't quite recall all of it but-"So you've forgotten?" My mother hissed. 

Yixing coughed down his laugh. "And you Yixing, what have I told you about that golden sack."

 "It's for good luck and it helps me stay away from trouble." The queen rolled her eyes, pinching the bridge of her nose. 

"We are the emperor's of China, we don't have luck, don't listen to the old sorceress, that sack is just a lie. Now hand it here." She outreached her hand. 

Yixing glanced at father for some help. "Leave the boy be, he's a growing Prince." My father sighed." And a prince must have patience and must learn on his own. As well as a Queen." Mother scoffed, crossing her arms. 

"Fine but Don't you dare come crying to me if you fail." I and Yixing smiled at each other. 

"Thank you."

 We laughed with father This is our story, how we began.

 How the story of the Golden bird began.

The Golden Bird Of Blackbird Kingdom