VIII. (fin.)

Words of Wisdom

 

 

It’s a few weeks after the kiss between them at the practice room, and apart from the fact that they both don’t have time to meet (Hyoyeon has to practice while Eunhyuk has to study), Hyoyeon purposely avoids walking where he might be because she’s afraid things will be awkward.

 

But one of those days, Eunhyuk finally gets a free day and runs to her practice room. He looks through the small window at the door, and sees Hyoyeon practicing alone. He in a deep breath before opening the door. She turns and when her gaze falls on him, she immediately looks away.

 

“You’re not supposed to be here.” She says, not looking at him.

 

“I’ve always come and go whenever I wanted. Besides, it’s not like you ever mind. And… you know. You’re always alone here. We all need that one person in our lives that we can tell everything to and trust with our lives. Otherwise, life becomes so lonely and painful…” He rambles on, chuckling at himself.

 

Eunhyuk glances at her in the mirror. She’s looking at her feet. He steps slowly towards her, watching her the whole time. He stops when she murmurs a question. “Do you want to be that person? For me?”

 

He’s a step away from her, and as he breathes, she feels his breath on her neck. Eunhyuk smiles, and takes her arm, pulling her towards him so their faces almost touch. She places her hands on his chest to keep balanced. She blushes, not knowing where to look.

 

“Hyo… Look at me. … I don’t want to be that person…” He says, and her heart sinks, and she almost turns away until he places his arms around her waist and presses her against him. “… I want to be your boyfriend. What do you say to that?”

 

Hyoyeon looks at him, finally able to hold his gaze after a long while. She lets out a smile. “I say… yes. Definitely yes. But wait, why me? I thought you said we were best friends?”

 

He kisses the top of her head and smiles. “The question’s not why you, it’s why not you?”