I.

Words of Wisdom

 

“… What’s wrong, Hyoyeon? You aren’t talking today.”  Eunhyuk asks, ruffling her hair as he sits down beside her on the swing. She smiles half-heartedly at him, leaning back and crossing her arms. “Jessica fought with me today. She said that I wasn’t working hard enough for our dance. I said something really bad back to her, and then we both ended up arguing more… then we… I just left the practice room.”

 

Eunhyuk chuckles as she slumps into her seat, looking dejectedly into nothing in particular. Hyoyeon glances at him with a raised eyebrow. He shakes his head. “I think you should forgive her. She’s probably really stressed about the performance anyway. It’s going to be in front of the whole academy… even I would be the least bit afraid.”

 

“Why? Why should I forgive her when it’s her fault? She started it by blaming me in the first place.” She huffs. He shakes his head again, nudging her arm with his elbow. “Listen, Hyo. Sometimes you forgive people, simply because you still want them in your life. Jessica’s your best friend isn’t she? Don’t let one argument ruin your decade-long friendship with her. And do it for your performance too.”

 

He smiles at her again. She can’t help but smile back a little. “… I’ll try. I’ll talk to her tomorrow. But if she says one more thing—”

 

“Give her a break, Hyo. If I were you I wouldn’t hold it against her,” Eunhyuk says, rolling up his sleeves and getting up, “I’ll leave you alone to think about it. Give me a call if you still can’t figure it out. But you’re a smart girl. I believe you’ll get what I mean.”

 

He hops off the swing, and then waves with a grin on his face before leaving the clearing. “Eunhyuk oppa?” She calls just after he begins to walk back. He turns, tilting his head. “Thanks.” Hyoyeon says, smiling genuinely.

 

“Anytime.”