V.

Words of Wisdom

 

“Eunhyuk oppa… Do you think that I can really become a professional dancer in the near future?” Hyoyeon asks, walking along the pavement. He walks with her, tightening the strap of his backpack before answering. “I’ve never doubted your abilities, Hyoyeon.”

 

She is confused, and tilts her head slightly. “What do you mean, oppa?” He smiles lopsidedly, running his hand through his hair. He seems to hesitate. “… Well… How should I put it? You might not end up where you thought you’d be… But you’ll end up where you’re meant to be…”

 

Hyoyeon folds her arms, raising an eyebrow. “That sounds so philosophical.”

 

“Only to you, Hyoyeon. What I mean is that while I don’t doubt that you can be a professional dancer, I also feel that maybe being a professional dancer might not be where you end up to be. Perhaps you’ll become a dance teacher. There are many other dance related jobs that I feel suit you. But wherever you end up, Hyo, life has a way of making it where you’re meant to be. … It’s kind of confusing to explain. But you’ll get it.” He explains, trying to put it in a way that she might understand.

 

“You sound like you’re fifty years old with tons of experience in life.” She laughs to herself, walking around him. “Well I’ve been to places, and I’ve heard stories. Plus, I’m three years older than you.”

 

Eunhyuk’s only nineteen, but has travelled to all parts of the world for dance competitions, and went to boarding schools a couple of times, and when he was younger, his parents would take him out on countless trips, believing that it would help him grow into a mature young adult. You could say he’s had more experience than three girls Hyoyeon’s age.

 

“Hmm. Maybe you’re right. Maybe I won’t end up as a professional dancer… We’ll see though. We’ll see soon enough.” Hyoyeon smiles.

 

“Yeah, and I’ll make sure that I’m there to witness it,” he replies, taking her hand and intertwining her fingers.