Centuries

Sugar, We're Going Down

Wait, what, what is this?! XD

Yep, the plot bunnies (and my FOB on repeat phase) caught me again.. so here I am!

Strangely enough, I've never written an idol-verse story, so this was a first for me.

Considering how ridiculous Myungyeola re being this comeback though, how could I not?

Hope ya'll enjoy!


Centuries

 

Some legends are told

Some turn to dust or to gold

But you will remember me

Remember me for centuries

 

~*~

 

Myungsoo had never entered the music industry with the idea that he would be called “a legend.” And over the many years with Infinite, the group had earned certain titles: legendary group synchronization, legendary comebacks, legendary concepts, legendary staying power…

 

Success within Korea’s continually expanding music industry was a day-to-day gamble, particularly as the Hallyu Wave took off and suddenly Korean groups rocketed to the same levels of popularity as Western musical artists. And with rising genre popularity and an increasing number of groups fighting for the same recognition, it was amazing the strides that Infinite was able to make over the years.

 

The seven boys routinely reminisced about the group’s first win, just how much was riding on the success and failure of “Be Mine”--filming a variety show at the same time, the CEO having sold his house to pay for promotions, the fact that they only had one chance to win one silly trophy… And they did it. They won that coveted #1 trophy and things only continued from there...concert tours, world tours, successful albums, more variety shows, acting projects, sub-unit activities, solo activities...

 

It seemed that they were invincible--legends.

 

~*~

 

And just one mistake

Is all it will take

We'll go down in history

Remember me for centuries

(Hey yeah, oh hey, hey yeah)

Remember me for centuries

 

~*~

 

Infinite would be one of those groups that would always be remembered for setting a certain standard--a successful standard--that groups not under one of the top three could compete on equal footing with those companies… and win.

 

Myungsoo knew that fact well. All seven of them did.

 

However, to have that legendary status threatened by another type of legendary--one that many in Korean society would not be as willing to embrace--that wasn’t part of the plan.

 

None of this was.

 

~*~

 

Mummified my teenage dreams

No, it's nothing wrong with me

The kids are all wrong

The stories are off

Heavy metal broke my heart

 

~*~

 

Kim Myungsoo had always been a bit of an awkward kid. He knew some of his habits were odd--his laugh could be seen as endearing, yet obnoxious, he was compelled to clean everything around him, but then get a little lazier about his own hygiene, his obsessive tendencies lead to him having cravings for the same foods, the same clothing styles, the same accessories…

 

Despite all this, the casting agents at Woollim saw something in him--a way to rid himself of the sometimes nasal quality to his voice, a handsome face buried under his frizzy mop of hair, and a perfectly proportioned body that could find the rhythm necessary to dance even the most complex dance moves. Those trainee days with Infinite definitely showed Myungsoo just the kind of person he could become, all while accomplishing his dream of being a recognized singer.

 

Discovering his own potential wasn’t all he learned though.

 

One could consider it inevitable, really… living day-in, day-out with the same people in closed quarters, isolated from the normal lives they used to know. Myungsoo was honestly surprised he and Sungyeol were the only ones to fall victim to it. Because in their isolated, idol lives, who else was there to turn to for comfort other than a groupmate, particularly the one who had grown beyond a groupmate into Myungsoo’s best friend?

 

Neither of them really followed how everything changed… suddenly, skinship meant for the fans continued on far out of the sight of a camera or the public eye. Nights spent comforting each other after a particularly harsh critique during vocal lessons or training, holding the other close, whispering compliments and happy thoughts ended up with both boys wrapped tightly together sleeping on their small dorm beds. Roommate assignments always made the exception for them both: Myungsoo and Sungyeol always stayed together--and if they didn’t, they found a reason to curl up in the other’s bed anyway. Hugs lingered, onstage and off, with each boy finding a way to remain connected to the other on stage, always with an eye on each other if they couldn’t physically touch the other.

 

Sungyeol hardly blinked an eye when Myungsoo finally couldn’t hold his feelings in anymore and confessed one night as they laid in Myungsoo’s bed, both surrounded by manga volumes. Instead, the taller simply turned the page in book and said, “I know.”

 

Myungsoo leaned up on his elbow, staring down at the other. “Seriously? I just confessed to liking you for years and you just say ‘I know’?!” he exclaimed.

 

Sungyeol snorted in amusement, turning to face Myungsoo. “What? Do you want me to cry? Get angry? Feel betrayed because my best friend liked me all this time without telling me? That’d be stupid, Myungsoo. Especially when I obviously have feelings for you too.”

 

“You--You do?!”

 

“Of course I do, you dork,” Sungyeol said with a smile. Myungsoo could feel his heart fluttering at the other’s confession. That feeling quickly escalated when Sungyeol closed the slight distance between them and joined their lips together for the sweetest of first kisses Myungsoo could have imagined.

 

When they broke away, Myungsoo couldn’t hide his elated smile, especially when Sungyeol met that smile with one of his own. “Besides,” Sungyeol said. “If you kept chickening out about confessing, I think Sungjong and Woohyun were planning to lock us in a closet to just force it out.” Myungsoo simply cuddled close to the taller boy, keeping a tight hold as they both continued reading together.

 

~*~

 

Come on, come on and let me in

The bruises on your thighs like my fingerprints

And this is for tonight

I thought that you would feel

I never meant for you to fix yourself

 

~*~

 

While Myungsoo and Sungyeol remained well aware of the societal taboos still surrounding their relationship, they found a good amount of support over time. The rest of the Infinite members--many who had already been rooting for the two of them in the first place--easily embraced the budding relationship. After a few months (and with a comeback having finished successfully), the two revealed their relationship status to their management team. Having already proven that they could handle the consistent exposure of a comeback period and not causing any questionable incidents, their managers had no choice but to give tentative approval to the couple, with the warning to always be aware of themselves in public.

 

Both of their respective families presented their own unique challenges. Sungyeol had actually confessed to Daeyeol about his feelings for Myungsoo before the two even got together… however, the younger Lee brother wasn’t sure how to handle his hyung’s uality, leading to some strain in their relationship for a short period. Sungyeol had come out to his parents during that same time, finding his mother a supporting arm and his father giving his tentative acceptance. Once Sungyeol brought Myungsoo to the family home, not just as his best friend but as his boyfriend, the entire Lee household--including a more accepting Daeyeol--accepted and approved highly of Sungyeol’s choice for a partner.

 

The Kim family faced similar divisions, only with Myungsoo’s father and Moonsoo providing their own acceptance of not just Myungsoo’s coming out, but also of the subsequent announcement that he was dating Sungyeol as well. Myungsoo’s mother had risen from the family dinner table in tears, shutting herself into the master bedroom--it was then that Myungsoo’s father told him it would be best to stay away from the family home for awhile. For a long three weeks, Myungsoo couldn’t hide how depressed he was at failing to gain his mother’s approval--he spent all of his time holding Sungyeol as close as he could, the taller soothing his boyfriend with soft-spoken words, tight embraces, and sweet, comforting kisses. However, all was healed the day that Myungsoo received a call to come home and bring Sungyeol over to officially introduce himself to the family… as his boyfriend. Sungyeol had never seen a more beautiful expression on Myungsoo’s face as that day.

 

~*~

 

Some legends are told

Some turn to dust or to gold

But you will remember me

Remember me for centuries

 

And just one mistake

Is all it will take

We'll go down in history

Remember me for centuries

(Hey yeah, oh hey, hey yeah)

Remember me for centuries

 

~*~

 

Comeback after comeback, concerts after concerts, countless variety and drama appearances, a few worlds tours and Sungyeol and Myungsoo remained together through it all… and remained unrevealed. They were weary of their skinship during public appearances--their countless “Myungyeol” shippers always catching the few moments they let down their facades, but charted it up to their close friendship. Right before the group’s 6th anniversary (and closing in on their own five-year anniversary), label management let the group know that they would no longer be required to live in dorms. While some members relished the thoughts of getting their own apartments or returning to their family homes, Sungyeol and Myungsoo knew the time was perfect for them to get their own place.

 

Label management at first balked at the idea, but Sungyeol was quick to convince them: “What’s so wrong about the two best friends of Infinite living together?”

 

Myungsoo was quick to surprise Sungyeol with a cryptic text message containing only an address and a passcode a week later. Sungyeol arrived at the location that day, typing in the passcode and walked into an empty 23rd floor apartment. The taller looked around the space, marvelling at the immense windows bringing in the sunset light into the open living room area. He then noticed the open kitchen space, separated only by a large eat-in countertop, with two glasses and an unopened bottle of wine placed on it.

 

Sungyeol walked over to the counter and grabbed the wine bottle in his hands. He wasn’t the biggest fan of wines--he would drink it for special occasions, but not as a first choice--but even he could tell that this was an expensive brand. Glancing around him once more, he called out into the room. “Myungsoo?”

 

“Good, you found it,” a familiar voice said, Myungsoo appearing from a hallway leading away from the open living space.

 

Sungyeol laughed, a smile making its way across his features. “So, this was you and not some serial killer. Way to be creepy, Soo,” he teased.

 

“I just wanted to keep up the surprise,” Myungsoo said, wrapping his arm around Sungyeol’s waist.

 

“And what is this surprise exactly?” Sungyeol replied, leaning into the other male’s embrace. “The fact that you’re making me drink wine, even though you know I prefer not to?”

 

“Not exactly,” Myungsoo said. “The wine is celebratory.”

 

Sungyeol’s smile widened. “For what? Breaking into an empty apartment?”   

 

“No,” Myungsoo replied. “To celebrate you finally getting the chance to see our apartment.”

 

Sungyeol straightened his body, turning to stare at Myungsoo in surprise. “Soo? I thought we--”

 

“I know you wanted to look around together,” Myungsoo explained. “But this one came on the market and Minseok knew someone in the building who mentioned it to him, and I had to jump on it before we lost the chance.”

 

“Soo…”

 

“And I’m glad I did,” the dark-haired man continued. “This place is perfect. There are some high status types, some celebrities, so plenty of privacy and security… and they allow pets. We can have Aga and Byeol here, plus as many other babies we want--”

 

Sungyeol stopped Myungsoo’s explanation, pressing their lips together fervently. As they broke apart, the taller brushed his hand along Myungsoo’s cheek. “I love it,” he breathed. “I love it so much, Soo…”

 

Myungsoo’s eyes shone with tears. “God, I was so worried you would be mad at me for doing this without you--”

 

“Don’t,” Sungyeol said. “I trust you, Soo. I know that with something like this, you’d do everything you could to make sure it was perfect.”

 

“And is it?” the younger asked, looking slightly nervous.

 

“Absolutely,” Sungyeol said firmly, leaning in for another kiss. “I love you, Myungsoo.”

 

“I love you too,” Myungsoo replied immediately, burying himself into Sungyeol’s embrace. “I can’t wait to start our lives together.”

 

Sungyeol continued holding the other male close. “Me too, Soo. Me too.”

 

~*~

 

And I can't stop 'til the whole world knows my name

'Cause I was only born inside my dreams

Until you die for me, as long as there is a light

My shadow's over you 'cause I am the opposite of amnesia

And you're a cherry blossom

You're about to bloom

You look so pretty, but you're gone so soon

 

~*~

 

It was perfect.

 

But of course, nothing could stay as easy as that for the two.

 

The 4 am phone call rang through Sungyeol and Myungsoo’s shared apartment, waking both men up--shocking for Myungsoo--as Sungyeol put the device on speaker. “Seonho-hyung?”

 

“Lee Sungyeol, have you or Myungsoo been out lately?” their manager asked tersely.

 

“What?” Sungyeol repeated, slowly waking up.

 

“What’s going on?” Myungsoo mumbled, leaning closer to his boyfriend.

 

“It’s Seonho-hyung,” Sungyeol replied, putting the phone on speaker. “Hyung, you’re on speaker. What do you mean have we gone out lately?”

 

“Sungyeol, Myungsoo-ah, I know you went to Japan last week,” Seonho said. “But since you’ve been back, what have you two been doing?”

 

Sungyeol glanced over at Myungsoo’s slowly waking self. “Nothing out of the ordinary, hyung. I’ve taken Aga out daily, we ran down to the food cart and the ramyun shop down the street a few times…”

 

“A coffee shop?” Seonho interrupted.

 

“Um, probably,” Sungyeol groaned.

 

“No, we did,” Myungsoo replied. “Three days ago. You wanted an Americano before it started raining.”

 

“Right,” Sungyeol sighed. “But that’s it, hyung. We’ve been sleeping mostly, coming into the company, that’s it. Why? What’s happening, hyung?”

 

Seonho sighed. “We just got a tip from our connection at Dispatch. One of their rookie reporters was on their break in your neighborhood and thought she saw you both walking into the cafe. They went inside, recognized you both, and managed to get a couple pictures of you two while you were waiting.”

 

Both men glanced at each other, unsure. “Hyung,” Sungyeol said. “We were only there for five, maybe ten minutes. We didn’t even have anyone approach us.”

 

“We just sat at a table waiting for our drinks,” Myungsoo added.

 

“Right,” Seonho said. “But you both sat on the same side of the table. Myungsoo, you were leaning on Sungyeol’s shoulder.”

 

Myungsoo’s brows furrowed. “I do that anyway. Fans love it as skinship and it’s the one of the few things in the regulations that we’re allowed to do with each other.”

 

“That’s true,” Seonho said.

 

Sungyeol sighed. “Hyung, it could just be shippers making a big deal about our skinship; we’re careful, we don’t do anything when we’re out--”

 

“Not this time,” Seonho replied firmly.

 

“Huh?”

 

A loud sigh was heard from Seonho’s side. “The reporter got photos of you both at the table--yes, you two were within regulation. Except for one.”

 

Sungyeol could see Myungsoo next to him looking concerned. “Hyung--”

 

“They caught you two kissing,” Seonho replied.

 

Sungyeol dropped the phone to the floor. Myungsoo felt his stomach drop, his skin starting to run cold.

 

~*~

 

Some legends are told

Some turn to dust or to gold

But you will remember me

Remember me for centuries

 

~*~

 

“, , , … !” Myungsoo repeated like a mantra, pacing around their living room.

 

“Breathe, Myungsoo…” Sungyeol said, trying to calm his boyfriend down.

 

“I can’t, Sungyeol!” Myungsoo exclaimed, running his hands through his hair. “I don’t get how you’re so calm about this right now--”

 

“One of us has to be!” Sungyeol replied. He leaned forward from his place on the couch, grabbing Myungsoo’s forearm to stop his movements.

 

“Sungyeol--” Myungsoo sighed, slumping onto the couch next to the taller man. “Five hours ago, everything was fine, we were sleeping during hiatus… and now? Manager-nims, CEO… they’re all coming over because we slipped up--”

 

“We’ll figure this out, Soo!”

 

“What if their only solution is for one of us to leave?! Break up?! Both?!” Myungsoo continued to rant.

 

Sungyeol grabbed Myungsoo’s head in his hands, keeping his soft hold and forcing Myungsoo to meet his gaze. “Look at me, Soo--We’ll get through this. I don’t know how. I don’t know what’s going to happen. But I’m not leaving you… ever. I love you so damn much...Whatever happens, we’ll get through this and we’ll do it together. Trust me.”

 

Myungsoo sighed, feeling his racing thoughts calm just by the mere presence of his boyfriend. He let out a deep breath, collapsing into Sungyeol’s chest and wrapping himself in the taller man’s embrace. “I love you too,” he responded. “I never thought any of this could happen.”

 

“What? Us?” Sungyeol said.

 

“All of it,” Myungsoo replied. “Us, living together, staying together, being so in love with you I can’t see straight… all while still being able to be in Infinite and keep living through all this…I don’t know what to even think about what happens next.”

 

Sungyeol sighed. “Even if we didn’t say it out loud, I know we’ve both thought about this exact situation,” he said. “I don’t like it either, I don’t know what’s going to happen, but I know we have to be prepared for this.”

 

Myungsoo placed his chin upwards to meet Sungyeol’s gaze. “Do you think we’ll have to break up?”

 

“If they try it, it won’t work anyway,” Sungyeol said. “I’ll leave Infinite before they try to make me leave you.”

 

“Yeol--”

 

“I’m serious,” he said. “I’ve thought about this very thing, Myungsoo. We both know I kind of fell into this idol thing; it’s easier if I leave the group over you. Who knows, maybe being a gay actor can be easier than a gay idol--”

 

“You shouldn’t give up your dreams for me though,” the younger said.

 

“Soo… at this point in my life, you are my dream. You and me, our little fur babies… this is the dream I want now,” Sungyeol said. “I love you and I’d give all this idol stuff up in a heartbeat if I get to keep this.”

 

Myungsoo snuggled closer, trying to hide his tears of happiness. “I don’t deserve you, Yeol.”

 

“And some days, I don’t think I deserve you,” Sungyeol said. “But maybe that’s what makes us perfect for each other.”

 

“I love you,” Myungsoo said firmly, tightening his hold once more. “I love you so much, Lee Sungyeol.”

 

~*~

 

And just one mistake

Is all it will take

We'll go down in history

Remember me for centuries

(Hey yeah, oh hey, hey yeah)

Remember me for centuries

 

~*~

 

“What were the two of you even thinking?” Lee Jungyeop exclaimed, standing upright in front of the two Infinite members.

 

Myungsoo’s stomach remained in knots, his body leaning into Sungyeol’s next to him in a seemingly unconscious gesture. Sungyeol next to him remained completely rigid, eyes forward, hands laid in the small space between the two boys. Both stayed silent, having done so since their management team and fellow group members arrived at their apartment.

 

Both could tell just how angry the CEO was--their managers just looked confused and unsure of what was going to happen, while the other Infinite members just watched the two with sympathetic glances. Everyone had been told the situation; however, no one but the CEO had said a word since everyone sat down.

 

Dongwoo and Sungjong both radiated concern from their eyes, Woohyun and Hoya looking concerned, yet stoic, while Sunggyu--forced into his leader role as usual--tried to appear calm.

 

Sungyeol inhaled deeply. “We had no idea that we--”

 

“Precisely!” Jungyeop exclaimed. “You two weren’t thinking! You weren’t thinking about your status, where you were, who you are--”

 

“We were being us!” Sungyeol exclaimed, hotly.

 

“No, you weren’t! You two know that you are always to be Infinite’s Sungyeol and Infinite’s L outside of these walls!”

 

A poignant silence took over the room. “And if we don’t want that?”

 

Jungyeop and everyone else glanced over at Myungsoo in shock, the darked-haired male’s statement taking a moment to sink in. “Excuse you, Kim Myungsoo?”

 

“If we don’t want to be Infinite’s L and Infinite’s Sungyeol,” Myungsoo replied low, Sungyeol able to hear the frustration in his boyfriend’s tone. “If we wanted to just be Kim Myungsoo and Lee Sungyeol…”

 

“Myungsoo-ah,” Sunggyu spoke, the other group members staring in shock.

 

“Are you threatening me right now, Kim Myungsoo?” Jungyeop asked.

 

“He’s not threatening,” Sungyeol said. “But we want to be clear here--we know we screwed up. We know we put the group’s reputation in jeopardy… but we’re not breaking up. We’re not leaving each other. We don’t know what that means as far as how we proceed from here, but those are non-negotiable for us.”

 

Jungyeop’s eyes went wide. “You’re both willing to give this all up?”

 

“If that’s what it takes,” Myungsoo replied firmly, finally reaching over to entwine his hand with Sungyeol’s own.

 

The CEO exhaled loudly, turning away from the two group members, rubbing his hands over his face. The group’s managers just glanced at each other, still unsure how to even proceed.

 

“It won’t go that far,” Sunggyu spoke up once more.

 

Dongwoo nodded his head emphatically, as Sungjong and Hoya both nodded their head in agreement. Woohyun sighed loudly, adding his comment, “It doesn’t have to.”

 

Jungyeop looked to the other group members. “This news will affect the group as a whole, all seven of you at once!”

 

“So we should turn our backs on them?” Hoya argued.

 

“Myungsoo and Sungyeol have been together for years,” Dongwoo affirmed. “Inspirits have always loved them as a duo, shipped them, admired their friendship even if they didn’t know how deep it went…”

 

Woohyun hummed. “Inspirits love us as seven, they love seeing all of us together, but so many love seeing Myungsoo and Sungyeol together. We can’t separate them.”

 

“And we can’t lose them as Infinite members,” Sungjong said.

 

“Infinite has always been seven,” Sunggyu replied, facing the CEO’s gaze. “And it always will be seven.”

 

“So you are all willing to go down with them?” Jungyeop challenged.

 

“We don’t know that,” Woohyun argued. “How do we know that revealing them as a couple will harm Infinite?”

 

“Wh-what--” Jungyeop stuttered. “You all realize how Korean society is about issues like this? Revealing a gay relationship, no matter how famous they are, could ruin everything you have worked so hard for...”

 

“But that shouldn’t mean that Myungsoo and Sungyeol have to keep hiding their true selves,” Dongwoo said.

 

“They’ve been themselves for years,” Hoya added. “Fans have called them Myungyeol and wanted them together since before even they realized it. Why should a public reveal change anything in the dynamics of the group?”

 

“They won’t,” Sunggyu said. “We’ll face some controversy, yes that’s expected, but our Inspirits, they’ll be there for us.”

 

Sungyeol tore his gaze from his groupmates--all who amazingly stood by his and Myungsoo’s relationship--and looked down to his boyfriend leaning into him. Myungsoo’s cheeks showed tear tracks and Sungyeol could see unshed tears lingering on his lashes, much like the ones in Sungyeol’s own eyes. “You guys…” he started, a small sob choking through involuntarily. “You guys will let us do this? Go public?”

 

“Of course,” Sunggyu replied. “It’s about time you two got to finally be yourselves.”

 

Myungsoo let out a sob into Sungyeol’s shoulder. “I don’t know how to thank you, hyung…” the visual replied.

 

“You don’t have to, Myungsoo,” Sunggyu replied. “What we have to do now is figure out how to get ahead of this story and let you both tell it in the best way you can.”   

 

~*~

 

We've been here forever

And here's the frozen proof

I could scream forever

We are the poisoned youth

 

~*~

 

Myungsoo could only stare at his reflection in the dressing room mirror. His heart was pounding, his stomach was in knots, and he could already feel a cold sweat breaking out down his spine--thankfully, the formal clothes and natural styling managed to conceal the dark-haired man’s inner turmoil. He started pulling at the two ends of the tie around his neck, attempting to calm his shaking hands enough to complete the knot, yet the accessory simply refused to cooperate.

 

Two hands pulled the ends from Myungsoo’s hands and the dark-haired male turned to his side to face his boyfriend in front of him. Sungyeol showed the other man a soft smile, deftly undoing the knotted mess around Myungsoo’s neck and quickly retying the fabric expertly. He centered the finished tie on the dark-haired man’s chest and smiled once more. “There we go.”

 

“Thank you,” Myungsoo whispered, returning the smile with one of his own.  

 

Sungyeol let out a small chuckle, running his hand along the fabric across his boyfriend’s chest. “I always love seeing you in formal clothes,” he said teasingly, eyes  twinkling in front of Myungsoo’s own.

 

Myungsoo suddenly felt his neck heating up--Sungyeol knew just how to rile him up and teasing was the easiest way. He exhaled, a smile working its way onto his own face. “I’m not the only one of us…”

 

“I just had to find some way to get you to smile,” Sungyeol replied. He leaned in to leave a short peck on Myungsoo’s lips. “I can tell you’re freaking out…”

 

“How are you not?!” Myungsoo said, his hands resting on Sungyeol’s hips.

 

“One of us has to stay calm here.”

 

Myungsoo sighed. “I know that we agreed to do this, but it doesn’t mean I’m not scared about what’s to come.”

 

“Myungsoo, I’m scared too,” Sungyeol answered. “I’m terrified--terrified that this will blow up our careers, Infinite, all our relationships with the guys… and I’m even scared that you could come to regret choosing me over everything--”

 

“I would never regret being with you,” Myungsoo affirmed. “I could never, Sungyeol…”

 

“There’s always that fear though,” Sungyeol said. “But I know that I need you to get through this, that we need each other right now. I want to be strong enough for the both of us right now--”
 

“You don’t have to handle this alone,” Myungsoo reassured. “We’re going to get through this together just like we always have.”

 

Sungyeol grinned, pulling Myungsoo into a tight embrace. “There’s my devoted, ready-to-charm boyfriend.”

 

Myungsoo let out a laugh as they separated. “Right… I guess it’s about that time?”

 

“They’ll come get us when they’re ready,” the taller replied. “Are you going to be ok?”

 

The dark-haired male nodded, feeling Sungyeol’s arms around his waist once more. “If you feel like we can do this, we can do this.”

 

“We can, ‘Soo,” Sungyeol said. “It’ll be rough for a bit, but we know that. But we have our families, the guys, Ahga, Byeol, Gongju, the company’s support… and you’ll always have me.”

 

Sungyeol leaned in once more, catching Myungsoo’s lips in a more passionate kiss. As they broke apart, their eyes continued to meet. “I love you,” the dark-haired man said.

 

“I love you too,” Sungyeol replied. “Always.”

 

“Lee Sungyeol! Kim Myungsoo! It’s time!”

 

Myungsoo glanced at his boyfriend one last time. “Let’s get started then.”

 

“Think of this as something more awesome, ‘Soo,” Sungyeol replied, trying one last time to relax the younger. “We’re going to make history happen today--and we’re going to do it together. How amazing is that?”

 

Myungsoo laughed, grasping Sungyeol’s hand before they left the room. “...Pretty amazing, I guess?”

 

Some legends are told

Some turn to dust or to gold

But you will remember me

Remember me for centuries

And just one mistake

Is all it will take

We'll go down in history

Remember me for centuries

(Hey yeah, oh hey, hey yeah)

We'll go down in history (hey yeah)

Remember me for centuries


The way that Myungyeol have been acting in real life lately during The Eye promos though... they made it SO easy to imagine how they would react. Could just be my shipper heart making stuff up though. :P

Off to the next plot bunny... And please leave me some notes on the way out! <3