I Slept With Someone In Infinite

Sugar, We're Going Down

NEXT UP.

 

Obviously, the original song title is "I Slept With Someone in Fall Out Boy...", but this makes it a little more fun.

 

A little more rated than the last one (no good M-rated stuff, just mentions and cursing), so just warning ya'll.

 

AND THE CONCERT IS UPON ME.

 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

 

As I spaz, enjoy this one.


I Slept With Someone in Infinite and All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me

 

I found the cure to growing older

And you're the only place that feels like home

Just so you know you never know

And some secrets weren't meant to be told

But I found the cure to growing older

 

~*~

 

The air inside the room still felt heavy and palpable, as both boys lying on the bed continued to pant in exertion. The taller redhead sat up from the sheets, moving to sit on the edge as he began grabbing at the clothes discarded on the floor.

 

The other dark-headed boy turned to his side to watch the other boy’s broad back, still blissed out. “Yeolie?” The taller hummed in recognition, but continued pulling on a pair of boxer briefs. “What are you doing?”

 

“Going to the student union,” Sungyeol replied, pulling his button up shirt around his shoulders. “I told you I would only come over if you let me study.”

 

“Technically, you only said I needed to feed you and keep it quiet.”

 

“At least I got food out of this deal, because we definitely weren’t quiet,” the redhead said, standing up to find his jeans across the room.

 

Myungsoo chuckled huskily, his voice still an octave lower from their previous activities. “Do you have to go?”

 

The taller sighed, zipping his jeans before sitting back on the edge of the bed. “I need to get started on my midterm for screenwriting. And I need to focus.”

 

Myungsoo sat up to get face-to-face with the other boy. “It just feels--I don’t know--cheap, when you get up and leave like this.”

 

“Like what?” Sungyeol scoffed. “Myungsoo, you’re my best friend and you know I care about you. Just because we have been ending up in bed lately doesn’t change that.” He leaned over to plant a kiss on the other’s tousled hair. “We’re good?”

 

A small smile appeared on the younger’s face. “We’re good.”

 

“You’re still my best friend? OK?”

 

“Always.”

 

Sungyeol returned the smile and planted another kiss. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” And with one last smile, the tall boy left the room and Myungsoo’s apartment.

 

Friend.

 

Myungsoo was really starting to hate being Sungyeol’s friend.

 

Because he knew deep down just how much he wanted to be something more with the older boy.

 

~*~

 

I'm the first kid to write of hearts, lies, and friends

And I am sorry my conscience called in sick again

And I've got arrogance down to a science

Oh and I'm the first kid to write of hearts, lies, and friends now

 

~*~

 

“You’re writing?”

 

Myungsoo glanced up from his guitar and open notebook in front of him towards the voice approaching him. “Yeah. Had some lyrics in my head for awhile,” he replied.

 

Sunggyu sat at the chair to the boy’s left, pulling the notebook towards him to glance at the sheet music and lyrics. The older boy nodded his head to the written rhythm. “Sounds pretty good. Good tempo.”

 

Myungsoo hummed in agreement, trying out a quick chord combination before stealing the notebook back. “It just started coming to me lately.”

 

Sunggyu glanced over at the younger boy. “You haven’t been writing too much lately. At least, for the band; you’ve mostly been working on school compositions.”

 

“I know,” Myungsoo replied. “This one started forming a few days ago and I just can’t get it out of my head.”

 

“Any particular inspiration in mind?” Sunggyu teased, a small smirk as he glanced at the other boy.

 

A shy smile made its way across Myungsoo’s face, his cheeks tinting slightly. “Maybe.” The younger sighed, then faced the older boy. “Hyung, I want to play this in the showcase next week.”

 

Sunggyu blinked in surprise. “You think it’ll be ready?”

 

“I'll make sure of it,” Myungsoo affirmed. “Hyung, I--I want to confess to someone with this song.”

 

Sunggyu’s brows furrowed in further confusion. “Confess?” The boy asked, glancing back at the notebook once more. “Wait, this is a love song?”

 

“Of course it is. What did you think it was?”

 

Sunggyu stuttered slightly, then took a deep breath. “Nothing, Myungsoo. The song’s really great; it’s just some of the lyrics might be a little--”

 

“I wanted to make sure it captured how me and this person are though,” Myungsoo replied. “I think I did.”

 

“Whatever you think; it’s your song, Myungsoo. I’m not going to dictate it,” Sunggyu replied. “You finish this today and have it ready for practice tomorrow night, we’ll add it to the set for the showcase, all right?”

 

Myungsoo beamed, his dimples showing prominently. “Thanks Gyu-hyung!”

 

~*~

 

Douse yourself in cheap perfume it's

So fitting so fitting of the way you are

You can't cover it up can't cover it up

So douse yourself in cheap perfume it's

So, so fitting so fitting of the way you are

You can't cover it up can't cover it up, no

 

~*~

 

Myungsoo sat backwards in the rolling desk chair, watching as Sungyeol moved around his wardrobe, smoothing out the sides of his red hair in the mirror. The younger boy had stopped by to pick up the other on the way to meet their friend group for dinner and whatever mischief the group of seven wanted to get up to on that Saturday night.

 

Myungsoo couldn’t help but admire his best friend--slash crush--as the taller moved around the room. Despite the two’s friendship now including a release of their together--something both seemed to thoroughly enjoy--not much had changed in their relationship over the years.

 

The two became fast friends after their first-year of high school, due to seat assignments. Their personalities balanced well, Myungsoo being quiet and almost-brooding, yet smart and a little awkward, while Sungyeol was bright and witty, while also very sensitive and intellectual. Now that the two friends had finished high school and were working their way through university together, Myungsoo began to notice how he craved Sungyeol’s attention beyond just spending time with him--the young musician wanted to be with Sungyeol any chance he had, know what the taller was thinking, feeling, dreaming at all moments of the day, and hated the idea of going without Sungyeol for any moment.

 

The first time they slept together had been a purely drunken encounter months before, both still wasted from celebrating Myungsoo’s birthday out with their friends. Sungyeol had claimed himself the more “sober” of them both, walking both their drunk selves back to Myungsoo’s apartment. One drunken kiss soon turned to more, then clothes were thrown across the room, and both pulled each other to Myungsoo’s bed.

 

After chalking the night before as pure drunken stupor, both men just agreed to forget about the incident and move on for the sake of their friendship. But Myungsoo's heart couldn’t move past that night, particularly when Sungyeol showed up the next week after having a brutal peer review in one of his writing courses and looking for a shoulder to cry on. Myungsoo was of course there for the other boy--but far more than just his shoulder.

 

And for whatever reason, just seemed to be another feature to their relationship.

 

And it drove Myungsoo’s heart mad.

 

Sungyeol was still smoothing his hair in the mirror and Myungsoo couldn’t hold himself back, pulling himself from the chair to wrap his arms around the tall boy from behind, nose buried in Sungyeol’s warm neck. The taller chuckled, used to Myungsoo’s need to hold, and Myungsoo just breathed in the scent around him, a stodgy deep cologne that the younger knew Sungyeol was only wearing because his baby brother bought it for him.

 

“Are you sniffing me again?” Sungyeol asked, humor evident in his tone.

 

“I’m trying to,” Myungsoo replied. “Your cologne is ridiculously strong.”

 

“You know it’s from Daeyeol,” the taller replied. “He was so proud that he could buy my birthday gift with his own money. It’s cute.”

 

“It smells weird,” Myungsoo huffed. “I like how you smell--just you.”

 

“You are such a weirdo, ‘Soo. Like you get off on it or something--wait, are you a sniffer?”  

 

“Shut up,” Myungsoo laughed, keeping his nose buried where it was. He would take all the affection he could get. Even if he loathed Sungyeol’s smell at the moment.

 

~*~

 

Find a safe place, brace yourself, bite your lips

I'm sending your fingernails and empty bottles you've sipped

Back to your family 'cause I know you will be missed

So you can find a safe place

Brace yourself they call kids like us vicious

And carved out of stone

But for what we've become? We just feel more alone

Always weigh what I've got against what I left

So progress report I am missing you to death

 

~*~

 

Myungsoo was beyond nervous. As he met up with Sunggyu and their other bandmates, he tried to calm his racing heart during their subway ride and walk from the station to the club they were playing at. His pulse was racing and his hands were clammy; he kept having to shift his guitar case from one shoulder to the other to wipe his hands.

 

But he was just freaking terrified.

 

~*~

 

Myungsoo glanced up from his composition textbook towards Sungyeol across from him. “Yeol? You’re coming to the showcase tomorrow, right?” The younger boy asked.

 

The redhead’s eyes moved from his laptop to the other boy and sighed. “Yes, ‘Soo. I’ll be there. I said so the other day. And last week. And--”

 

“All right! I’m just making sure!” The young musician moved to turn his nose back to his notebooks, until Sungyeol’s hand nudged his chin back up.

 

Meeting Myungsoo’s unsure gaze, Sungyeol cocked his head in confusion. “What’s going on with you lately, ‘Soo? You’ve been really concentrated on your guitar and your composition book lately.”

 

“It’s just--uh,” Myungsoo stammered. “We’re playing a bunch of new stuff! Yeah! And Gyu-hyung let me add one of my songs to the set, and I really want you to hear it--”

 

“Why then though?” Sungyeol asked. “Even if I missed it, you could play it for me later.”

 

“But I want you to hear it there!” Myungsoo replied.

 

Sungyeol giggled, used to his friend’s weird requests by now. “Well don’t worry so much. I’ll be sure I’m sitting front and center, just for your song.”

 

Myungsoo almost fainted from happiness at Sungyeol’s smile.

 

~*~

 

Despite the huge leap of faith Myungsoo was taking that night by just playing this song for Sungyeol, the musician still felt like he wanted to just run away and forget all about it. But he couldn’t; he had made up his mind. He was going to confess tonight, onstage, to his best friend.

 

And his brain just could not stop conjuring up terrible scenario after terrible scenario. Aside from Sungyeol outright hating him for ruining their friendship, Myungsoo knew the risk inherent in confessing to wanting not just his best friend, but a male, in such a public forum. While many people still thought of Myungsoo and his band mates as just rebellious college students in a little rock band, Myungsoo knew just how sensitive all his hyungs were--after all, musicians have to have some semblance of feeling to get their songs to have an impact.

 

They were playing to a very mixed crowd that night--young fans, older patrons of the club--so Myungsoo had no idea just how good (or bad) this confession could possibly go.

 

Despite all the thoughts in his head, Myungsoo pushed them aside as Sunggyu and the others began their pre-show rituals. Myungsoo wandered over to the curtain’s edge and look out into the crowd. Sitting right in front of where Myungsoo’s guitar was already pre-set was Sungyeol and his vibrant red hair.

 

Myungsoo knew that he was about to risk it all--if he were to lose Sungyeol tonight, he didn’t know what he would do.

 

Before Myungsoo knew it, the band members were being herded onto the stage, Myungsoo moving to strap his guitar around his chest, glancing out in the audience to meet Sungyeol’s eyes. Sungyeol waved slightly with a bright smile and Myungsoo felt his heart leap.

 

Soon, the young musician was lost in the setlist, enjoying each and every song the band played and seeing just how much the crowd was loving them. And just like that, it was suddenly Myungsoo’s turn.

 

After finishing the last chords from the song before, Sunggyu took the mic from the stand and moved to address the crowd. “Our next song is actually a new one for us,” the older man introduced. “Our guitarist, Myungsoo here, wrote it just last week and we thought it would be a treat for everyone if we got to share it. Myungsoo? You want to say a few words?”

 

Myungsoo cleared his throat nervously, taking his mic close to face the crowd. “Uh, yeah, sure. So--uh--Like Sunggyu-hyung said, I came up with this song recently. Actually, I, uh, wrote it for someone...someone I’m really close to in my life and I just wanted to find a way to tell them just what they mean to me. So, yeah, this is for you, Yeolie.”

 

Sungyeol perked up in his seat, staring at Myungsoo, while most of the crowd seemed unaware of who exactly the song was being directed to. Myungsoo began striking the chords of the song, the beat coming in quick and hard, pumping up the crowd and causing most to move in their seat happily. Sungyeol smiled throughout the introduction, paying close attention as Myungsoo began singing the lyrics he had worked so hard on.

 

Sungyeol watched him intently, seeming to think closely about the first verse, before Myungsoo and the rest of the band moved into the chorus.  

 

Douse yourself in cheap perfume it's

So fitting, so fitting of the way you are

You can't cover it up, can't cover it up

So douse yourself in cheap perfume it's so

So fitting, so fitting of the way you are

You can't cover it up, can't cover it up, no

 

Sungyeol’s face had faltered. And not in the good way.

 

Myungsoo could see the anger beginning to rush on the older’s face below and the younger boy almost stopped playing to rush down and calm him.

 

This was not how Sungyeol was supposed to react.

 

The song was supposed to be about his sweet and loving nature, covering himself in such silly things, like a cheap cologne and gifts from family and friends, because that’s just how wonderful he was. And about how much Myungsoo could see himself just remaining young and vibrant and happy just because he was with someone as amazingly wonderful as Sungyeol was.

 

The musician had thought he had woven his thoughts intricately together, making a confession song about Sungyeol in the most unique way to match the unique person Sungyeol was.

 

He had obviously failed.

 

Sungyeol looked absolutely livid through the next chorus and the bridge, and Myungsoo had to turn away in order to finish the song, hoping beyond hope that the last chorus and listen-through would let Sungyeol hear the intricacies Myungsoo wove into it.

 

But as the last notes of the song played, Sungyeol had leapt to his feet in absolute fury and stomped out of the club.

 

And as much as Myungsoo wanted so badly to follow him, he couldn’t. Thank God the next song was a ballad.

 

~*~

 

Someone old

No one new

Feeling borrowed

Always blue

Someone old

No one new

Feeling borrowed

Always blue

 

~*~

 

After finishing their set only a few songs later, Myungsoo exited the stage with the rest of his bandmates feeling like a total zombie. He mechanically moved to unplug and put his guitar away and started to help break down the sound equipment, until a hand grabbed his wrist. Looking up, he met Sunggyu’s eyes. “Go home, Myungsoo. We’ve got it covered,” the older said.

 

“Hyung, are you sure?” The younger asked.

 

Sunggyu nodded. “I’m sure. I can tell the song didn’t work the way you hoped; I’m really sorry. So go home; take the weekend. We’ll see you on campus or in practice on Monday.”

 

Myungsoo nodded, grabbing his guitar case. “Thanks hyung.”

 

During the walk to the subway station and to his apartment, Myungsoo shuffled along completely depressed. He screwed up and he had screwed up bad. He thought Sungyeol would appreciate a song like that, one that wasn’t overtly sappy, yet still touched on how Myungsoo wanted to be more than friends.

 

But apparently Sungyeol didn’t appreciate intricate metaphors. And now the taller boy probably hated Myungsoo to death and Myungsoo could only feel depressed, used, and utterly alone.

 

Exiting the elevator, Myungsoo made his way down the corridor to his apartment. The musician moved to begin typing in his passcode--that is until a forceful shove pushed the boy to the side.

 

“What the fu--Sungyeol?!” Myungsoo exclaimed.

 

“I think that’s what I should be yelling at you, you !” Sungyeol yelled back in return. “What the hell was that back there?!”

 

~*~

 

Someone old

No one new

Feeling borrowed

Always blue

Someone old

No one new

Always borrowed

Always you

 

~*~

 

Myungsoo shoved them both inside his apartment, setting his guitar down away from his fuming friend (?), crush (?)-- the musician had no idea where the two of them stood at the moment.

 

“You need to explain whatever that was back there!” Sungyeol screamed. “I have never been so ing embarrassed in my life--”

 

“This wasn’t how it was supposed to go!” Myungsoo screamed.

 

Sungyeol scoffed. “You don’t say, Myungsoo! You basically make sure I am sitting front and center for this grand and special song, announce to the whole ing crowd that it was for me--”

 

“No else knew that except the two of us--!”

 

“And then this supposed song you wrote for me, about how you feel about me, is basically about me being your cheap ? Your ? Cheap purfume to cover who I really am?!”

 

Myungsoo ran his hands through his hair in frustration. “You’re not understanding what it is really saying, Sungyeol. If you would just hear me out--”

 

“For what?!” Sungyeol exclaimed. “I seem to get it perfectly! Look Myungsoo, I thought I made myself clear how I feel about you. The doesn’t change that--”

 

“Well, it did for me!” Myungsoo screamed back.

 

“Obviously! Or you wouldn’t have written a song about your cheap and dedicating it to me!”

 

“I wasn’t calling you a , damn it!”

 

“Then what were you saying?!”

 

“That I’m ing in love with you, you idiot!”

 

I've found the cure to growing older

I've found the cure to growing older

 

Sungyeol looked shell-shocked. “Wh-What?!”

 

I’ve found the cure to growing older; And you’re the only place that feels like home,” Myungsoo recited. “I love being around you, Sungyeol; having you around… you make me feel impenetrable, like nothing can touch me. Like I can always be happy just because you’re that with me.”

 

Sungyeol remained silent, still staring at the musician, so Myungsoo continued. “Some secrets weren’t meant to be told. I know we slept together the first time because we were drunk, but since then, I can’t stop thinking about you. You may have saw all of this as just , just another piece to our friendship, but to me, it just made me fall for you deeper.”

 

“The chorus,” Sungyeol demanded.

 

Douse yourself in cheap perfume, it’s so fitting of the way you are,”Myungsoo said. “It’s making fun of that damn cologne you have. I absolutely hate it, but I know you wear it for Daeyeol. Just because he gave it to you. And that’s absolutely adorable to me. But I still think you can’t cover your true self up, whether your scent or just how wonderful a person you are, I am still able to find the real you under every facade you have in front of others. And that’s why I’m still in love with you, even when I know I shouldn’t be.”

 

Sungyeol remained silent, turning his head to face away from Myungsoo, his shoulders still tight. “,” he breathed. Myungsoo look over at the redhead, taking a cautionary step forward. “You know I ing at metaphors, ‘Soo,” he whispered.

 

Myungsoo’s heart leapt in hope. “Yeol-”

 

“If you were going to confess with me in a song, make it a bit more obvious, please!” Sungyeol shouted, his eyes still on the ground. “Do you have any idea how much I wanted to cry when I heard the lyrics the first time? Like I was going to read that deeply!”

 

Myungsoo moved in front of the taller boy, his hands cupping his jaw to meet their gazes. “Sungyeol--?”

 

 

“I’ve been in love with you for so damn long, I wasn’t sure what to do with myself,” Sungyeol said softly. “And after your birthday, I just wanted to forget about having you so close that one time and try to just seem casual about it. But I couldn’t stay away, damn it.”

 

“So we’ve both been absolute idiots these last few months,” Myungsoo replied, a hopeful smile making its way to his face.

 

“Can you just kiss me already, please? I’m tired of feeling like an absolute moron right now--”

 

Myungsoo stood on the balls of his feet, pulling Sungyeol’s head down slightly to meet in the middle and join their lips. Sungyeol responded enthusiastically, his arms wrapping around the musician’s waist, their lips moving feverishly, yet the kiss remaining passionately tame.

 

The two broke away after a few minutes, Sungyeol moving his hands to Myungsoo’s shoulders, Myungsoo’s staying in place at the taller’s jaw. “Next time you want to confess to me onstage, just sing ‘Love U Like U’ or something, please.”

 

Myungsoo laughed, sneaking a short peck from Sungyeol’s lips before burying his face in Sungyeol’s neck, the cologne long-gone and only his usual musky scent there. “Deal.”

 

“Take me to bed now?”

 

“Thought you’d never ask.”

 

~*~

 

Douse yourself in cheap perfume it's

So fitting, so fitting of the way you are

You can't cover it up, can't cover it up

So douse yourself in cheap perfume it's

So fitting, so fitting of the way you are

You can't cover it up, can't cover it up


BAM! I can even make the angsty songs cute. XD Also, friends with benefits gone wrong just seemed like the most fun route to take. And imagining SUFBB Myungsoo all over again, paired with red-haired Sungyeol... yes, I like that very much. :D

THE CONCERT IS TOMORROW. LESS THAN 24 HOURS. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

More inspiration is sure to strike! Leave a comment if you want! <3