Part 2 (2/4)

RUNNING MAN SPECIAL 300th EPISODE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I n s i d e   S e o u l’s   F u n   L a n d

June 19, 2016

7.18 a.m.

 

(BGM: G-Dragon – Crooked)

 

As soon as the mini pick up cars left the grand entrance of Seoul’s Fun Land, the MCs, and the three teams were welcomed by the beautiful sight of the new land, soon to be another collection of Nation’s pride. With the new year’s resolution, South Korea with SFL, was aiming to be the leading face of Asia which was improving much lately. Seoul's Fun Land was aimed to be Asia’s Disneyland. The twenty of the players that day were left in awe to see what the SFL confronted to them.

 

A large area with various games, fusing with Korean culture, people who came there wouldn’t regret a single second they spent there. That made the 20 people there thought they were so lucky to be the first people to see it live, wandering around the land that was all closed from media.

 

“I wonder what missions will await us.” said Kwangsoo, opening a short conversation in the Black Team’s mini ride.

 

“This is Running Man. Of course we will be asked to run, right?” replied Yuri, met with her two sisters’ laughter.

 

“Precisely,” Haha snorted, “but since today we have 5 missions, I’m afraid everybody will run out of energy before the last mission.”

 

“Anyway, only Daesung from the Big Bang members who joins our team.” cut Kwangsoo.

 

“You should be grateful I’m here. Because I’m the strongest of us five.” Daesung shortly replied.

 

“Daesung-ah, you better prove your words.” glared Tiffany playfully.

 

“We depend on you, Daesung-ah.” followed Haha.

 

“Don’t let us down.” added Kwangsoo.

 

“Why are you suddenly pressing me? WAE??!”

 

Meanwhile in Red Team’s ride, Jongkook was giving encouraging words filled with desire to win the missions towards all of the dongsaengs. That made the other idols laughed at such remarkable behavior of Running Man’s Commander whilst Jihyo tried to stop Jongkook from embarrassing Running Man in front of the idols.

 

“By the way,” Taeyang started, “only in our group that we have the balance amount of group representatives.”

 

Straightaway, everybody paid attention to Taeyang’s words, “Me and Jiyong are representatives of Big Bang, there are Taeyeon-ssi and Sooyoung-ssi as the representatives of SNSD, and finally we have Jihyo noona and Jongkook hyung as Running Man’s representatives.”

 

“Woah..Taeyang’s right!” replied Jongkook, “Yahh… I feel like luck is on our side already.” he said, followed by chuckles from GD who sat next to him.

 

“But we can’t keep our guards down, even though we have Jongkook oppa, the Blue Team has T.O.P sunbaenim, while in Black Team, they have Daesung. I think both of them are quite strong, don’t you think?” asked Sooyoung both of Big Bang members in her team.

 

“That’s right, therefore, I think just let us handle the rest of Big Bang members.” replied GD.

 

“I love this team’s atmosphere!” exclaimed Jongkook excitedly.

 

Meanwhile in the last ride behind the Red Team, members of the Blue Team, Sunny, Hyoyeon and Yoona were busy studying their surroundings, capturing, or recording the moment in their cellphones whilst Seungri thought of possible ways to win today’s missions.

 

As one of his so called ‘Panda's 2016 resolutions’, he wanted to improve himself and show the world that he’s just as amazing as his elder bandmates. To him, being in Running Man today was an opportunity to prove that, “Everybody,” he called his teammates, “I don’t know what the missions will be like but let’s try our best! I want to win today’s missions rather dramatically!” he smirked.

 

It was welcomed by Gary, “Since I am the only RM members in here, I also want to beat the other Running Man members. It’s been a while since the last time I got the price for myself honestly.”

 

“Woah that’s the spirit!” exclaimed Yoona, followed by T.O.P’s chuckles.

 

“But if we think again, if we are combined like this, we’re just as good as the other teams,” revealed Hyoyeon. “Jongkook oppa may be in the Red Team but SNSD’s strongest player is with us.”

 

“Who?” asked T.O.P.

 

“Yoona. Yoona is the strongest of us eight.” replied Hyoyeon, followed by Sunny’s nods..

 

“Other than that, we also have the athletic T.O.P and the energetic Seungri.” added Hyoyeon.

 

“THAT'S RIGHT, Noona!” Seungri gave her high five.

 

“Then what is my role in here?” asked Gary, pouted. “You say as if I’m the only useless one in here. Aish. JUST DROP ME HERE!” The other four can only laughed after that.

 

“Aniyo oppa. I’m not finished.” said Hyoyeon quickly, “I mean, even tho the strongest player of Running Man is with the Red Team, but Gary oppa has good track records, right?”

 

“Of course! Running Man aint work with me for nothing.” he replied rather arrogantly.

 

“Aigoo..” said Seungri, laughing at such view.

 

“But, we can’t just relax with that yet,” cut T.O.P, “especially, us, Seungri-ah.” he said, looking into the makae’s eyes.

 

“Why oppa?” asked Sunny.

 

“I fee like today’s missions will not be easy to win. Since Daesung is the strongest member of Big Bang, and we can’t easily eliminate Taeyang who can be very persistent sometimes. So let’s just focus and be careful.”

 

Gary who sat next to him could only manage staring T.O.P in an awe, “That’s it! You’re Blue Team’s leader.”

 

***

S E O U L'S   F U N   L A N D

June 19, 2016

7.50 a.m.

 

Jaesuk: “Glad to see you guys gather with your teammates already. Even though I’m not glad at my current situation right now.”

Sukjin: “I hope you guys can’t enjoy today’s missions. I hope nobody would win today’s missions”

 

The two MCs opened the 300th episode of Running Man with 100% cynical remarks. Only to meet with whines and groans from the other RM members, and laughters from Big Bang and SNSD.

 

Jaesuk-ssi dan Sukjin-ssi. Please do your job professionally as the MCs. Today we don’t have much time.

 

“SHUT UP!” they shouted again to the PD.

 

Sukjin: “As you see here, you have taken a brief look of the Seoul’s Fun Land, and we’re currently at the right wing of the area.”

Jaesuk: “To shorten the time, we will explain all of today’s missions right away. Behind us, there’s a sheet with another ‘R’ symbol. This place will be the location of your last mission. As you know, we have 5 missions for today’s episodes. And those are…”

 

The 18 of the players then listened carefully.

 

Sukjin: “First Mission:

You will walk to the center of Seoul’s Fun Land, the SFL Avenue. There, you would be handed the guide map of the land. You will gain the guide map after doing a mission. And for the first team to complete the mission, you may proceed to the 2nd mission.”

 

Everybody nodded, understanding the first mission.

 

Jaesuk: “The second mission:

After getting your guide map, you have to wander around and collect flags. We have spread 18 flags thoughout the land, 5 of them are Running Man flags, 5 of them are Big Bang flags, the rest 8 are SNSD flags. You will be given time until 10 this morning to bring the flags back to us. To THIS place. Even if it’s not the time yet, you can quickly run back here as we didn’t forbid any attempts of you seizing each other’s flags.”

 

All the guest starts nodded, but the RM members frowned.

 

Sukjin: “The third mission:

For the team with most flags to bring back, they may dismiss the 3rd mission while the other 2 teams have to proceed to the 3rd mission right away. The mission would be for the 2 teams to going out of Seoul’s Fun Land and spread invitation flyers to people outside to visit the Grand Opening of Seoul’s Fun Land tonight at 7 p.m. The two teams will be given 1500 flyers.”

 

“EEEHH??” screamed all the players.

 

“Not fair!”

 

“Omo it sounds so hard.”

 

“Can I just draw out from the mission already?”

 

“Jinja… With such large area, can we..?”

 

Jaesuk: “Yes! Looks like there’s an advantage to skip today’s mission.”

Sukjin: “My fragile heart is slowly healed. Hahaha!”

 

“OLD PEOPLE! JUST CONTINUE JINJA!” roared Jongkook suddenly.

 

Sukjin: “Why are you so rude? We’re the MCs! We could kick you out of the game, you know.”

Jaesuk: “Ahahaha! I love Ji Sukjin’s spirit today.”

 

Yoo Jaesuk-ssi, Ji Sukjin-ssi, please proceed.

 

Jaesuk: “The fouth mission:

Ouch, looks like it’s difficult…

The three teams will do the 4th missions at the same time after the 3rd mission. The mission is to collect 5 Running Man stamps by visiting and participating in 5 games that have been decided by Running Man crews. For the fastest team to complete it, they will be granted with lunch at the main restaurant of Seoul’s Fun Land. For the 2nd fastest will be granted with lunch at one of the traditional shops in here, while the last team will only be granted with rice box and they have to eat here at the location of the 5th mission.”

 

“Eii…isn’t it too harsh?” Gary launched a protest.

 

“But the punishment at the 3rd mission is way worse to me.” replied Yoona who stood next to him.

 

Sukjin: “And the last mission is…”

 

The large sheet with ‘R’ symbol behind the MCs was slowly released. The faces of all of today’s players were then showed a hint of shock after witnessing what the last mission was awaiting them.

 

Sukjin: “The fifth mission:

Each of the team have to prepare a performance, make it as interesting as possible, as you will perform it tonight. On this stage. At 8 p.m. In the four first missions, you will gain running balls according to the team who completed the mission first hand. The running balls will be the determination of the arrangement of the performers tonight.”

 

“Performance? Like in live performance?”

 

“Really?”

 

“Aish.. They gave mission like it’s the easiest thing to do!”

 

“But we didn’t prepare anything!”

 

“What to do? What to do!??”

 

Sukjin: “Any questions?

 

Kwangsoo then raised his hand, asking, “Can the MC and the players change our roles?” That was enough to make everyone – who  was nervous before – lauged after his remark, “I don’t feel like doing well today, hyung. I think I’m sick.” he said, still acting oblivious.

 

Unfortunately for him, it made Haha, who was in the same team with him, smacked his head quite hard.

 

“WAE? Why did you hit me!?” asked Kwangsoo wanted to launch his protest.

 

“If you dare… I would submit a petition to kick out your name forever from Running Man.” threatened Haha.

 

“But I AM sick.”

 

Haha then kicked him, making everyone’s stomach hurt from laughing too much.

 

Jaesuk: “As for the grand price:

The team with best performance will be the icons of Seoul’s Fun Land. It will later on be decided by the votes. You, the staffs, and the crowd tonight will judge for the final result.”

 

“OH??!”

 

“JINJA?!”

 

Jaesuk: “You will attend every press conference of Seoul’s Fun Land ahead with the Minister and other representatives of the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism.”

 

“DAEBAK!”

 

“I feel like an important person already.” Haha chuckled.

 

To cheer you up, the 18 of the players here are granted with free tickets to Seoul’s Fun Land and it’s granted for life. It’s also applicable to your family.

 

“Now those are what we call ‘Grand Price’!!!” everybody then cheered to PD’s final announcement.

 

“What about the MCs?” Taeyeon asked suddenly.

  

It’s still dicussed by the boards.

 

“Eeeiiiiiiiii.” whined Jaesuk and Sukjin.

 

“You’re really really too much this time PD Jo.”

 

“You greedy ruthless PD!” shouted Sukjin.

 

With that, the first misson is now started!

 

***

S E O U L’S   F U N   L A N D

T h e   S F L   A v e n u e

June 19, 2016

7.40 a.m.

 

Sukjin: “Hello. Meet with me again, your beloved MC. I’ll lead the first mission this morning.”

 

“Yah! Just proceed already!” shouted Jongkook impatiently.

 

“We don’t have much time!” added Gary.

 

“Hyung! Make it quick! Before it’s too hot.” whined Kwangsoo, looking at the sun that was about to go up irradiating them while doing their mission on summer.

 

Sukjin: “Can’t you just listen to me first?! Aish these kids! Your first mission is for you to relay words, Korean proverb in particular, from one member to another member. After you get the words, you have to finish a small bowl of soup before relaying the words to another member. Then when it reaches the last member, the last member had to run towards me and tell me the words. But before that, you have to say the password first, and it is:

  

 ‘Ji Sukjin is the best. I love Ji Sukjin.’ ”

 

“Just what kind of lie is that?” Haha snorted.

 

“This old man is too much.” eyed Jihyo.

 

“I feel like I want to puke after he said it himself.” added Jongkook, dejected.

 

Sukjin: “Now get ready…GO!”

 

(BGM: One Direction – Best Song Ever)

 

Red Team:

GD – Taeyang – Taeyeon – Sooyoung – Jihyo – Jongkook

Blue Team:

Seungri – Yoona – Hyoyeon – Sunny – Gary – T.O.P

Black Team:

Daesung – Yuri – Tiffany – Haha – Kwangsoo – Seohyun

The sentence was:

“You can lead a horse and go to a stream but you can’t make it drink water through its own will.”

(used to express the idea that you can make it easy for someone to do something, but you can’t force them to do it)

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter