Part 1 (1/4)

RUNNING MAN SPECIAL 300th EPISODE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

S O M E W H E R E   I N   G Y E O N G G I - D O

June 19, 2016

5.10  a.m.

 

We are now on our 300th episode. Please show us your excitement.

 

PD Jo Hyo Jin was greeted with silence and cold stares from Running Man members.

 

Today is our special episode. Please show your smile to Running Man fans, would you?

 

“First of all,” began Jaesuk as usual, “can you please not try to please us?”

 

“HOW CAN WE GIVE OUR BRIGHTEST SMILES IF WE WERE WOKEN UP THIS EARLY!? Given it WITHOUT a notification!?” barked Haha frustrated, “How could you?” he whined, acting as if he was about to cry.

 

All Running Man crews could only laugh at sudden roar.

 

Indeed, for the sake of the most interesting outcome of today’s episode, the crews didn’t slip out a single word to the RM members about what they would do, who the guest stars would be, and they were woken up without any preparation.

 

They were still in their pajamas, without changing to some proper clothes or shoes.

 

Not even they did change their underwear.

 

Firstly, as we said 3 days ago in briefing section, this episode will be the only day when you need not to bring anything. Clothes and everything are covered up already.

 

“EEiiiiiii..” All RM members bellowed in disappointment.

 

“We know but at least give us a reminder the night before to wake up this early. Freaking 5 in the morning! Really!? Aigoo.” Ji Sukjin sighed and surprisingly was followed and supported by his comrades.

 

We intended to do so because we will have a special mission today. These years, we always did 3 missions in most episodes, right?

 

“NEEE..” replied the RM members in sync.

 

Today you will do 5 missions; 4 regular missions, and 1 special mission.

 

“MWO?”

“WAE?”

“Aissh.. JEBAL!”

“I feel like going home now.”

“I better go back sleeping.”

“You can give me much money all you want but I’m not gonna buy this one. NEVER!” Haha screamed in frustration.

 

Once again the crews laughed to RM members’ reactions as they had predicted all would turn out so. Therefore, PD Jo continued his explanation starting from their whereabout at the moment.

 

Because you appear today with such unpleasant and sleepy looks, I presume that you don’t know where our mission is located.

 

The RM members then turned their backs. True enough, the only thing they knew about is that they were currently standing at a point of Seoul city, didn’t know exactly where it was. But the only thing that they knew was the area was really large since they saw an extra-extra-extra large-sized sheet with “R” symbol spread out covering the unknown location.

 

Enough to make them wonder what were waiting for them behind the sheet.

 

***

S B S   B U I L D I N G

Three months ago

 

The Running Man boards held a meeting as usual to discuss and arrange the execution RM episodes in a month ahead. Producers, directors, creative team, equipment team, the stylists, security team, all were present surrounding the meeting round table.

 

“The discussion of RM’s concept for the April episodes will be suspended and rescheduled tomorrow.” said one of the attending directors, bringing question marks inside everybody’s mind.

 

“This is because we will arrange the special episode, ''Running Man Special 300th Episode’. SBS has been directly contacted to participant in national event. And we are pointed by SBS to handle the parade.”

 

Silence was met with shock in the meeting room.

 

“But before I explain further, we’ve invited 2 important parties that would join us for the mentioned episode. Mananger Kim Minjin and Manager Kim Nam Gook, please come in.”

 

A presence of a short haired woman and a man entering the room made the RM exclaimed in surprised, eyes-widened, “OHH!”

 

***

S O M E W H E R E   I N   G Y E O N G G I - D O

June 19, 2016

5 .15 a.m.

 

But before I answer the questions appeared from your face, two vans just arrived here.

 

Two vans arrived in front of their eyes. Once the door was opened, there were several people out from the vans, covered in black robe, enough to cover their faces and bodies.

No need to reconfirm it because of course…

 

The RM members showed their confused expression.

 

“Are you going to punish us?” asked Kwangsoo straightforward.

 

“Why do I feel like being surrounded by assassins?” Gary squealed in horror when one of those people stood next to him.

 

“Please don’t murder us here. Running Man won’t be successful in the future without us.” The eldest brother, Sukjin, added rather in exaggeration, leaving Jihyo laughing to his remark.

 

That time, the 7 members of Running Man were surrounded by 13 people in black robe on their right and left sides.

 

Jaesuk-ssi please lead today’s episode and read this letter.

 

The PD then gave him a letter with blue 'R' symbol who stood at the centre of those 20 people.

 

‘This is quite many for one episode, what these crews are thinking for real?’ he thought after giving a quick scan to the letter in his hand.

“Alright,” started Jaesuk, “ ‘First of all, welcome to the 13 guest stars on today’s Running Man episode, we hope your cooperation– wait this didn’t sound like RM’s style at all,” he paused, chuckling all the while, “Running Man never said thanks at the beginning of the show.”

 

The rest of RM members could only laugh..

 

“Well, I’ll continue. ‘For our guest stars, you may open your veil’.” said Jaesuk according to the instruction.

 

Straightaway, the 7 RM members looked to their right and left sides to see who the guest stars were.

 

Until the veil was opened to reveal the faces they all knew so well.

 

“OH!”

 

“JINJAAA!?”

 

“WHAT IS THIS?!”

 

“FOR REAL?!

 

“BIG BANG AND SNSD???!!!” the 7 of them screamed in shock, only to be revealed with the faces of the 13 guest stars who were guided by the crews to stand next to them.

They were no other than the Nation’s Boy Goup and Nation’s Girl Group; Big Bang and So Nyuh Shi Dae.

 

From the left side, there stood:

Daesung – T.O.P – Sooyong – Yuri – G-Dragon – Jihyo – Sukjin – Haha – Jaesuk – Gary – Jungkook – Kwangsoo – Taeyeon – Tiffany – Sunny – Taeyang – Seungri – Hyoyeon – Yoona – Seohyun.

 

“Big Bang sunbaenims/SNSD?” said Big Bang and SNSD members, surprised as the RM members to see each other appearance on the same episode.

 

“Hey, what does this mean? They don’t know that they are the guest stars?” Jungkook chuckled seeing the surprised faces of Big Bang and SNSD members who were busy look at one another.

 

“You invite them without them noticing it? Did SM and YG know this? Eotteoke?” asked Jihyo smiling, but a little worried since RM hardly ever invited 2 full idol groups, let alone they are from SM and YG. To make it worse,

 

they were the golden groups of both companies.

Jaesuk-sii, please continue.

 

“Ani…before that, why didn’t you explain before to us that Big Bang and SNSD would join us today!? I mean, LOOK AT THEM!” said Jaesuk, making the cameraman scanned from side to side, to see the appearance of the guest stars clearly.

 

The 13 idols came with their glowing beautiful and hadsome faces, covered in chick and cool style that would please everybody’s eyes in the morning.

 

Big Bang members appeared rather casually than usual. Today, they decided to go with black and white swag style in their own preference. While SNSD appeared casually with pastel color outfits, plus the look of their neat hair fall perfectly complementing the K-Pop’s goddess’ look that day.

 

Enough to make all men’s eyes gazing to them.

 

“Yeah, even GD smells so good.” said Jihyo suddenly.

 

“If I knew it would be them, I would have a quick shower before coming here. Aish.” added Haha.

 

“Yah! You haven’t showered?!” shouted Sukjin to him.

 

“ASK THAT QUESTION TO YOURSELF!” he replied in scream.

 

Their action was met with everybody’s chuckles.

 

“At this important time, we look miserable.” Jaesuk could only laugh looking at the messy hair and sleepy faces of his comrades.

 

“Stop talking! Your mouth stinks!” snorted Sukjin.

 

“YAH! AISSHH! I wish today I wouldn’t be at the same team with you!” Jaesuk replied.

 

“These people! Aish! These idols have been standing all the time waiting for you to shut that smelly mouthes of yours, jebal!” Jihyo separated the elder brothers’ quarrel whilst the mentioned groups could only laugh out loud.

 

Some things from RM were sure never changed.

 

***

June 19, 2016

5.35 a.m.

 

“Alright, first of all, please gather with your groups.” Jaesuk then started again.

Sooyoung and Yuri then moved to claim the spot next to Seohyun. While Taeyang and Seungri moved next to Daesung.

 

“1..2..3! We are..BIG BANG!” greated Big Bang followed by claps and screams from everyone who was present at the time.

“1..2..3! Annyeonghaseyo, So Nyuh Shi Dae imnida.” greteed SNSD, smiling to all the people giving them the same warm welcome as Big Bang members.

 

(BGM: Girls’ Generation – Party (Instrumental)

 

“Wow! What a wonderful sight! Really! What a wonderful day that we have Big Bang and SNSD on our special episode.” Jaesuk exclaimed, clapping his hands in the process.

 

“BIG BANG DAEBAK! SNSD, SARANGHAE! I LOVE YOU I LOVE SOUTH KOREA!” screamed Haha, followed by everyone’s laughter.

 

“I won’t complain anything anymore. I will follow whatever mission will be given today. Wherever I am, USE ME JUSAEYO!” said Kwangsoo, burnt in enthusiasm.

 

“This is another day where I see Kwangsoo starting the day without confusion or disappointment, even before the team dividing session.” remarked Jongkook, chuckling to his junior’s statement.

 

“But honestly, we didn’t know, we weren’t told that SNSD would attend the same episode with us. We were only informed that this is an important project of Big Bang along with another idol group.” revealed Seungri.

 

“Oh really?” asked Jaesuk surprised.

 

“Yes, we discussed this before, we thought it would be another boy group or some group from YG or other company, but turns out it was SNSD.” Taeyang replied shortly.

 

“How about SNSD?  Did you know?” asked Jaesuk to the girl group.

 

“No, we didn’t.” SNSD members simply replied in sync.

“We came here without preparation as well. Our manager said everything has been settled. We just need to do our best. Therefore, we came looking like we don’t care,” said Hyoyeon, receiving a light smack from Sunny who stood next to her, “This is for real!” she continued, chuckling. “Because we were just done with our solo activities, Manajer unnie just said that this will be a refreshing outdoor activity with RunningMan. Turns out, Big Bang sunbaenims are here as well.”

 

“Woah, looks like this time, Running Man crews have prepared everything without the 20 of us knowing about it,” said Jaesuk, giving applause to RM crews, “but really! Next time, please tell us. We look pitiful in here compared to these 13 people. We look miserable without morning shower even some came directly with their pajamas.” he sighed.

 

“I’m disappointed.” exclaimed Haha, as if he wanted to cry.

 

“Alright, I’ll read the instruction. ‘On the 300th Episode of Running Man, we were pointed as the new icons–”

 

“New icons?” asked Kwangsoo amazed, already wondering.

 

The guest stars showed an anticipation towards the next words.

 

‘ –for the official announcement of South Korea’s biggest amusement land. Running Man members along with the representative of the best of South Korean idols, Big Bang and SNSD, have been chosen directly by the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism to be the icons of ‘Seoul’s Fun Land’ that will hold its Grand Opening tonight’.”

 

“TONIGHT?”

“FOR REAL!?”

“You’re not joking, are you?”

 

Big Bang and SNSD members showed a hint of shock on their faces after such announcement.

 

“I know about the official announcement of Seoul Fun’s Land but I never thought that we would be pointed out to be the executor! Woah!” exclaimed Jaesuk, still in disbelief.

 

“This is not a prank, right?” asked Daesung while smiling with his unseen small eyes in that early morning.

 

Therefore you only need to show us your best since everything is covered by the country already.

 

“JINJAYO?” shouted RM members. Not long after, they danced happily, dragging Big Bang and SNSD members in their group dance parade.

 

Satisfied with it, they continued to sing a line of South Korea’s National Anthem.

 

“Mr. Kim Jongdeok, I will never be able to pay this back,” Jaesuk said, “I love you our Minister!”

 

But then Haha screamed with a hint of tears in his eyes, “I DON’T DESERVE THIS! My God if this is a dream please don’t wake me up! Eotteoke? I’m so happy right now!!!” he shook Jaesuk’s hand excitedly.

 

Because you have informed with the main purpose of today’s episode, once again…

WELCOME TO SEOUL’S FUN LAND!

 

The extra-extra-extra-large-sized sheet fell down, uncovering the main gate of Seoul’s Fun Land. The land where every citizen would be met only with fun and joy.

That day was the first time the SFL to be displayed on National TV. After years of contruction, the execution was done secretly, therefore nobody knew the views inside the area.

Different from Disneyland, the amusement land - yes it's a land, not just an amusement park - which the international adored, SFL was built combining the national and international taste.

 

To shorten the time, we have prepared 3 mini rides to take everyone for a quick sightseeing inside Seoul’s Fun Land.

 

Three open mini rides then appeared before everybody’s eyes. Each of them are in Red, Blue, and Black, symbolizing the three main colors of South Korea’s flag.

 

Therefore, the arrangement will be decided by dividing you into 3 groups. With that being said, Yoo Jaesuk-ssi please divide the group into 3 teams with this.

 

“Couple Hat?!” he exclaimed, surprised seeing what’s inside the bag the PD gave to him earlier.

 

That’s right. The teams will be determined through eye-stare game. Whoever could last long will be the winner. Therefore, of course, in couple hat, you have to divide this group into 2 sub-groups; male and female.

 

“Ei~ that’s for sure.” Kwangsoo smirked.

 

The 20 of them then laughed. Including the guest stars. The kind of laughter filled with much awkwardness and anticipation.

 

Precisely as you said, Kwangsoo-ssi. However, there 20 people here with 11 males and 9 females. To balance it, for Ji Sukjin-ssi and Yoo Jaesuk-ssi, you may step out of the group as you are free from today’s missions. You two will be in charge for Running Man’s MCs for the whole day.

 

“WAE? WHY DO YOU NEED TO PUT ME AS THE MC JUST IN TIME WHEN BIG BANG AND SNSD ARE HERE ALREADY?!” Sukjin, the oldest of them exclaimed his protest. “I’ve been waiting for my chance to be the MC but just gave me now instead. Aren’t you too much?!” Sukjin walked towards the PD.

His action made all of his juniors laughed.

“YOU NEVER WANT ME TO BE HAPPY, DON’T YOU?” he screamed, in never ending protest, “Jinja…AISSSH!”

 

“Surprisingly I have to say…I’m with Sukjin-hyung in this.” said Jaesuk still laughing.

 

“You guys…Just take what they ask you to do~” replied Gary.

 

“You don’t have to worry about anything I will protect Big Bang and SNSD.” Jungkook added.

 

“I’m so happy with today’s crews! I’ll behave well myself.” Haha stepped in.

 

“I promise! I won’t let you down.” said Kwangsoo paying a bow to the 2 idol groups.

 

“SHUT UP!” screamed Sukjin and Jaesuk at the same time.

 

“Oh! This is the first time I see the oppas in sync.” revealed Jihyo, chuckling to see the eldest of RM members with their glum faces.

 

Alright. Before the eye-stare battle, the three teams will be consisted of 3 males and 3 females. So at the end, you will blend in with each other. The eye-stare battle is only to decide, who will take the right to pick the team’s members. Either it will be the male’s right, or the female’s right.

 

“I DON'T LIKE HOW THIS SOUNDS!” screamed Jaesuk in frustration, making his walk towards his manager who laughed at him.

“You’re happy, eh? Aishh! I’m really really pissed right now, I want to go home!” Jaesuk complained, pissed off because he couldn’t spend the day doing missions with the 2 nation’s groups which were one of his favourite idol groups.

 

“Eii…Jaesuk hyung/oppa.” exclaimed Big Bang and SNSD members.

 

“You will spend a day with us anyway. That’s totally fine, hyung.” this time, GD smiled and put his arm around Jaesuk’s shoulder, taking him back to the group.

 

Jaesuk twitched, but then he managed to say, “Because GD said it, then it’s fine!”

 

Everybody then laughed again.

 

Jisuk-ssi please read the next instruction.

 

“Don’t you ‘Jisuk-ssi’ me you ruthless producer!” muttered Sukjin, followed by nervous laugh from the guest stars. He then started, “Now for the female team, please stand according to your age number on my left side. And for the male team to do the same on my right side.”

 

With that, the group was divided into 2 sub-groups. The male team started from:

Jongkook – Gary – Haha – Kwangsoo – T.O.P – Taeyang – G-Dragon – Daesung – Seungri.

 

While the female team started from:

Jihyo – Taeyeon – Sunny – Tiffany – Hyoyeon – Yuri – Sooyoung – Yoona – Seohyun.

 

Sukjin continued to read the instruction, “The eye-stare battle will be executed according to your age number starting from the maknaes.”

 

Then the 18 of them was busy looking at who would be their respective partner. Not long after that, chants were heard from the female team for Seohyun whose face was started to turn red.

On the other side, Seungri could only laugh shyly. He was supported by the 8 elder brothers who gave him non-stop teasings.

 

“Seungri likes this!” said Kwangsoo.

 

“Seungri-ah! Don’t tease our Seo-baby, arasseo!?” Haha menaced.

 

Big Bang members then laughed out loud seeing the nervousness from their maknae. Taeayang and T.O.P were seen whispering something to each other. Daesung then pushed Seungri forward, making him stumbled.

 

“Hyung!” Seungri protested shortly.

 

“Why do I have to go first?” asked SNSD’s maknae shyly. “Ah, this is so embarrassing!” she said, covering her crimson red face. The sleeveless blouse she wore today didn’t help to stop her healthy skin from getting redder.

 

 “Please use the couple-hat.” Jaesuk put the couple-hat on the maknae’s heads. The never ending laughter was heard again from the female team. Even Jihyo enjoyed the teasing moment.

 

“Jebal…” Seohyun could only close her eyes and cover her face.

 

Seungri on the other hand closed his eyes tightly since the distance between his face and Seohyun’s face was only about 10 cm apart.

 

“Ready?” asked Jaesuk, closing the distance between the maknae’s faces with the instruction paper on his hand.

 

“READY!” exclaimed the unnies and hyungs.

 

“1…2…3!”

 

***

June 19, 2016

6 a.m.

 

(BGM: Big Bang – Let’s Not Fall In Love)

 

After the mission was started, Seohyun who was shy like crazy turned to be the focused and serious person that she was. Seungri on the other side was startled with his opponent’s stare. The smile that never left his lips was then faded slowly.

 

‘Seohyun is beautiful as always. ! She’s even more beautiful from up close. WHAT TO DO?!’ screamed Seungri inside his mind. His stare was about to weaken from second to second.

 

Who wouldn’t feel so? Seohyun was basically staring at him as if stabbing his eyes, as if she was reading his mind and heart at the moment.

 

‘Hang in there, Joohyun…hang in there’ Seohyun adviced her own self.

 

Seeing Seungri who started to blink his eyes repeatedly, the elder brothers who shouted for him started to hesitate about the after result.

 

“Seungri-ah! You’re a man, aren’t you!?” GD scoffed, “Now show us the killer stare that you’re always proud of.” he teased the maknae at the end, but of course…

 

that didn’t help the maknae’s situation at all.

 

‘Just you wait GD hyung. Just you WAIT!’

 

‘A little bit more, Joohyun…A little bit more’ the sisters’ cheer was enough to spark Seohyun’s spirit to win the first roud of the eye-stare battle.

 

‘Here he goes. In 3…’

 

Seungri’s smile that was faded now appeared again.

 

‘2…’

 

He started to blink his eyes repeteadly, shyly.

 

‘1!’

 

“AAHH!” Seungri’s head bowed and immediately stop the first round of the “battles” of eye-stare and mental-wrecking. With that, Seohyun ended the eye-stare battle less than 30 seconds.

 

Female Team: 1

Male Team: 0

 

“The first round winner is Seohyun with 28 seconds! Congratulations!” announced Sukjin.

 

Seohyun was walking back to her team and constantly welcomed by warm hugs from her comrades. SNSD members didn’t forget to leave comments such us ‘I know you can do it” and ‘As expected, maknae-ah’ and ‘You did well, Seobaby’ and other congratulating words along those lines.

 

“I didn’t know that Seungri could be weak in front of a girl like that.” snorted Kwangsoo.

 

“Indeed… SNSD is JJANG!” Haha gave his comment.

 

“I really hoped that you won, maknae-ah.” added T.O.P.

 

“Didn’t you say yourself that you’re in the presence of prince charming? Where was the charming part in that?” teased Daesung, this didn’t fail to pick up the counter comment from the maknae.

 

“HYUNG! You can’t win with ladies’ eyes that were like…stabbing you and reading your mind,” he launched protest, “go there and let’s see if you can win it then!” he gave a challenge to Daesung.

 

“Okay!” said Daesung as he stepped forward to get ready for his own eye-stare battle with Yoona.

 

Yoona and Daesung then readied themselves and waited for Jaesuk’s cue.

 

“Ready? 1…2…3!”

 

The first seconds spent with Yoona and Daesung staring to each other’s eyes sharply. Both of them showed their consistence and desire to win the 2nd round.

 

“30 seconds!” shouted Sukjin.

 

“Ohh~” all of the other players exclaimed.

 

“Keep it up Daesung! You’re indeed my brother!” Jongkook shouted, supporting the youngster.

 

“Yoona, fighting!” screamed Jihyo.

 

Yoona kept it well, but not until that time when Daesung started to let out his foolish smile that he always shows in reality show.

 

The teasing smile that covered his small eyes.

 

“Woah! Good game, Daesung-ah! Joha! Joha!” remarked GD, clapping his hands excitedly.

 

“Daesung Oppa! Don’t smile like that!” shouted Yoona who could barely hold back her laughter.

 

“Unnie, fighting!” said Seohyun, supporting her elder sister who looked like she was about to give up on this second round.

 

But that smart Daesung didn’t stop there. He then playfully shook his head slowly from side to side. That made Yoona bursted out her laughter and lost the battle.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter