Chapter 3

Memoiré

October 9th 2008

Sehun don't know since when exactly he started to like comics. It's Eungi the one who made him fall for her comics. In fact, he would prefer to heavy books like The DaVinci Code or Sherlock Holmes. Eungi is really deadly virus. Since then Sehun almost become a comic maniac. Like now.

Sunny morning on a sunny Sunday, instead of exercising, Sehun even fun to read a masterpiece comics from Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata's Death Note in his room. Even before it Sehun had read the works of Masashi Kishimoto's Naruto eight volume directly! Ahh, Eungi really made him become an otaku.

"Sehunnie!!!"

Hearing the sound that is very he recognized, he turned away from the images of Light Yagami and Ryuk to a figure girl who emerge her head through the door.

Sehun shook his head. "Early in the morning like this has been to my house. Do you really can't stand if it wasn’t with me? "

Eungi made a cute face and stepped to Sehun. "Let's go to the park, huh? I am bored."

Sehun looked at Eungi from behind the comic. "Later. I finish this first. "

Eungi threw her body into the bed and lay down beside Sehun. Now they are both in a position to sleep with a pillow under them’s head. In the past, they are very often sharing the pillow like this.

"When did you change this bed, huh? It looks like your bed is getting smaller." Said Eungi. She saw comic book that Sehun read and commented. "You still read the 10th volumes? There are two more volumes to complete it. Come on, just let's go out with me!"

"I doubt it, not the mattress is shrinking but you the one who getting fat." Reply Sehun without looking. Heard it, Eungi frowned, feel annoyed.

"Then let's go watch a DVD. We can rent a movie action! Or horror? Ah, I know, we can hire Ju-on! I heard the film was really lumpy for the horror. Oh, or are you too scared, Oh Sehun?" Eungi still not give up to make Sehun want go out to accompany her.

Sehun  just glance at Eungi. "I've been watching Ju-on, in case if you're curious." Sehun replied that makes Eungi looks hurt.

"You've watched it without me? You really nasty."

"It'll be useless. You're just going to hide behind the blanket if we would watch it. It has no different with watch it by mysef only." Sehun replied flatly.

Eungi smiled wryly. True enough, as long as she was watching a horror movie, she will just hide under the blanket. "Then, let's play a kite! Or make lanterns? Ah, why limit ourself? We can do both!" Eungi said with the enthusiasm.

Sehun chuckled. "We can rent action movies or horror. We can also make flying kites and lanterns like you want. But, allow me to finish this, 'kay. How about it, Princess? "Sehun looked as if Eungi is a princess and he is the butler.

Eungi sighed and nodded, surrender. See The Nagging Eungi already surrendered, Sehun returned to the comics in front of him. Back to that slick story urban fantasy genre. In his heart he promised that he would collect all the Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata's  comic book.

Long he dive into the comic, without realizing he has already spent all the Death Note, which meant he had read four volumes at once. Sehun put the comic along with other comic on the table beside his bed. Stretch his body and last moment he realized that Eungi was still at his side.

Sehun chuckled. He always knew that Eungi will always fall asleep. Eungi is always easy to guess and do the same thing repeatedly. According to Sehun, Eungi just trying to be as herself.

Sehun had wanted to wake Eungi up to keep his promise to accompany her if only Eungi didn't change her position to be tilted-right in front of Sehun-making Sehun horrified. His face and Eungi's just a few milli meters. His nose was met with Eungi's nose. Sehun stared in shock before he jerked back.

Sehun realized that since then, he wasn’t breathing. Now, he is trying to regulate his tough breathing. He still felt blur. Opaque. Don't know what happened.

He looks on Eungi were still closed her eyes. Slowly, Sehun concern to Eungi's face again. Wondered to himself, is this the face that always make his days? Is this the face that always annoyed him, but strangely he missed every day? Is this the face that always made his laugh? And now ... is this the face that made him uncomfortable? Is this the face that made his all sweat coming out? Is this the face that that making his heart want to burst?

Stupid. For seven years he was friendly with Eungi, Sehun realized all of it now. Stupid. He just so stupid. Really stupid.

-----

Sehun turned back to Eungi's face. "Yeah, I was stupid, right?" Asked Sehun to himself as he remembered the day when he realized that he was indeed fond of Eungi more than friends. He love Eungi more than he knows.

Sehun glanced at the clock on the wall, at half past three. Without realizing it, he was in here from morning to evening. During that time, he hadn't eaten. Well, see Eungi in such condition makes him no appetite at all.

"Excuse me," a soft voice sounded from the door. It turned out that a doctor who did a routine check to Eungi every day.

"Ahh, Kahi-seon." Said Sehun smiled at that pretty young doctor. In addition to the Sehun's daily visit, Dr. Kahi also always routinely check the state of Eungi.

"How is Eungi today?" Asked Dr. Kahi as she strolled into the Eungi's bedside, make she stand face to face with Sehun.

Sehun grimaced. "I haven’t idea. Hope there’s progress. "

Sehun heard the answer, Dr. Kahi smile while checking the state of Eungi. From checking the infusion bag, until auxiliaries that mounted in the Eungi's nose. "Your prayer is granted, Sehun. Eungi circumstances are not as extreme yesterday. Her fever has gone down. Her body is stable now. "

Sehun sighed with relief, smiled. "I know things will be better."

Dr. Kahi smiled and  wrote something on paper that mounted on the board she was carrying. "A nurse will replace the infusion bag, soon."

Sehun nodded, then watched Dr. Kahi is still busy writing on paper and there's something weighing on his mind. And he feel doubt to ask it.

"Seonsaengnim," called Sehun endly, made Doctor Kahi gaze on Sehun. "Are ... are there's still any opportunities for Eungi?"

Kahi doctor looked at Sehun, fully understand their concerns. "Vegetative patients always have the opportunity to recover and live again, Sehun. All we can do is to help as much as we can. Such as giving them nutrition and mobilize members of the motion to prevent muscle spasms. We also know that the Eungi's brain stem has functioned in a manner to stimulate the breathing performance. Medically, Eungi has no injury or illness that hinders to open her eyes."

"But ... Eungi hasn't opened her eyes. It's been six months since Eungi coma and she hasn't opened her eyes. Only fingers and her eyelashes that move. As there were locked her in there." Said Sehun looked at Eungi that still closed her eyes. "What happened to her?"

Dr. Kahi walked around and standing right next to Sehun now. Her eyes fixed on Sehun. Dr. Kahi doctors know that deep down into Sehun, Sehun must be terrified. "Perhaps Eungi confined by her own memory. Her emotions are too strong so it beats her logic to open her eyes. Possibly Eungi waiting for the right time to open her eyes."

Silence. Unconsciously, Sehun hand lifted to caress Eungi's hair. "Seonsaengnim, what is the impact for Eungi if Eungi woke up?"

Dr. Kahi folded her arms over his chest before holding her chin with her right hand. "There are many options the answer to your question, you know?"

"Tell me everything," Said Sehun. "Please."

Dr. Kahi looked at Sehun. Well, she has often met with people like Sehun in the hospital. Sehun just fear losing Eungi and she knows it like white on black. "Instead of talking about it, how if I tell you something? One of story that I know, actually."

No answer. Dr. Kahi regarded it as consent.

"There is a Dutch citizen named David Collins. That day is the birthday of his girlfriend named Lily. David had promised that he would buy an engagement ring in Lily's birthday. However, when David was driving to find her engagement ring, there was a great rain storm that attacks the Netherlands. The police had to lay off David's car and gave a warning to David immediately went home. But David didn't hear it. He had promised Lily that he would apply for Lily on her birthday. Who knew that David was able to purchase a ring for Lily. But unfortunately, during a trip home to Lily, David had an accident that caused brain trauma. David coma.

"After Lily knew that David accidents when bought her a ring, Lily chose to waited for David. Though the hospital had surrended and said that Lily should also surrender to fate. But Lily felt that her destiny was with David. So when the hospital repatriate David, Lily as medical student make her own sterile room for David. Lily never tired take care of David, give him a nutrition that he need. Lily kept waiting every day to be patient and keep checking the state of David. Lily is so determined to wait for David. In fact, even if she knew that when he woke up later, David will not be the same again. Lily wrong.

"In the third year David comma, David opened his eyes. At that time, Lily was really pleased and surprised to find that David is still the same and nothing has changed. But in case that David lost his track of time. That day, Lily got the most beautiful birthday gift in her life. First, David got up from his coma. And second, Lily getting an engagement ring on her finger. "

Silence.

Slowly, Sehun set his sights on Dr. Kahi. There, he saw a that young doctor's heartfelt smile.

"Isn't that a great story?" Dr. Kahi asked Sehun.

"Seonsaengnim," Sehun still looked at Doctor Kahi. "Thank you very much, Seon." Said Sehun, don't know what else to say other than 'thank you' word. Sehun sure he can be strong and stronger as Lily do.

Dr. Kahi smiled purely. "Of course." She said. "Only one you needs to remember."

Sehun looked at Dr. Kahi, don't understand at all.

"The miracle was there, Sehun."


-----

To be continue....

*

This is the third chapter and maybe I could only upload the next chapter tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Btw, I await your response, really!