Chapter 2

Memoiré

Sehun smiled amused recalling that event eleven years ago, and looked at his fingers were now adrift with Eungi's little finger. "You said you wanted to go to Buckingham Palace, right?" Sehun chuckled.

Sehun moved from his seat and walked to the window. "If you woke up, I promise to take you to England. I will take you to the Palace, Big Ben, London Eye ... wherever. You can take as many photos as you want. I'm willing to be a photographer without pay." Sehun turned to Eungi is still closed her eyes. "You will not miss it, right?"

Sehun sighed before turning to the window that directly overlooking Seoul City. From the 7th floor of this, Sehun could see everything. Sehun could see the white clouds drifting in the wind. Sehun can look at the cars passing by spreading pollution. Sehun could see a woman who is busy chasing her colorful scarf that blowing in the wind. Sehun also can see a busy street bands that gather an audience.

Sehun smiled at that small band who had started playing. When in high school, he was forced to make a band like that. Eungi is the one who forced him, of course. She said that they can raise funds to be donated to needy people by forming a band street like that. Incidentally Sehun can play the piano, making Eungi jealous as hell.

Sehun know that Eungi always wanted to play the piano, but she can’t, really. One thing that made Sehun feel happy because he can "squeeze" Eungi when she asked him to teach her to play the piano.

Sehun really feel good at that time.

-----

August 22nd 2007

"I'm home!!" Eungi shouted when she entered the door with Sehun in front of her. With a quick movement Eungi took off her shoes and threw her bag on the couch at home, but her bag landed on the floor beside the couch. Eungi let it.

"Stop screaming in my house, Choi," said Sehun that still open his shoes. Sehun always do everything as good as possible so that the result is perfect. Details.

"You're really boring." Eungi shook her head before turning and running towards the kitchen.

"If you eat all  my ice cream you will die!!!" Sehun yelled, knows that Eungi hear it even though she had reached the kitchen though. "Understand?!"

"It's up!!!"

Sehun shook his head and picked up the Eungi's bag that lying on the floor. He put the bag on the couch and put his own bag next Eungi's bag.

Sehun loosening his tie and sighed. He stepped into the kitchen and couldn't help to smile when he saw that his friend was busy fiddling with his mother's refrigerator contents. Not wanting to disturb the pleasure Eungi, Sehun choose to leave Eungi with smile at his mouth.

Well, so what he have to do?

Sehun wanted to watch Star Wars again, really. But he didn't want to hear Eungi's complaints about how boring sci-fi movie is, beside Sehun really liked that series of wars in the space.

Canceled a plan to watch the DVD, Sehun chose to approach classical piano belonged to his family. His fingers trace the edge of the piano before he sat down in the chair. Sehun slowly open the lid piano and began to play a song. Fur Elise. Sehun really like Beethoven.

"Sehun ..."

Sehun heard Eungi said his name. With ice cream in the left hand and a spoon in the right hand, Eungi wait Sehun completed by standing at the edge of the piano. Her elbows resting on the piano.

Sehun gaze at Eungi and chuckled. Eungi’s expression is not much different from the expression of an eleven-year-old girl who was amazed by his height. Eungi really not blink.

"I think you have to replace my ice cream. It melts." Sehun voiced right after the song finished. Make Eungi soon realized that the ice cream had been melted in a waffle bowl she was carrying.

Eungi shook her head quickly and winked. "You playing the piano really great. As usual."

Sehun waved his hand with full of smirk at his face. "I know I know. You don’t need to compliment me like that, Choi. "

Eungi expression changed instantly. Without feeling guilty Eungi hit the head of Sehun, make Sehun glared don't understand. "I’ll draw on my word if you don't teach me to play the piano, really."

With a quick movement Eungi forcibly Sehun to shift and sat next to Sehun. Eungi smiling at Sehun. "So, from where I have to start?"

Sehun looked at Eungi. "This chair is too small for two! Aissh, you really don't know shame."

Eungi shrugged. "These chairs fit for both of us. And gosh, my heart really hurts when you say that I don't know shame." Eungi made expression hurt that made Sehun laugh. "Come teach me."

Shireo,”

Yya, what you say?" Eungi gaze on Sehun.

"Shireo. Learn for yourself." Said Sehun rose from his chair and grab an ice cream that Eungi placed on the piano. Sehun began spooning chocolate vanilla-flavored ice cream as he stepped left Eungi.

"Yya! Do you really want to die, Sehun?! Oh, or do you want to go to the hospital first? I can give you both, btw!"

At the place he walking, Sehun tried to stifle his laugh. Always good it feels when making Eungi upset. As there are thousands of bubbles that are ready to solve his chest and give a sense of its own pleasure in him.

“Oh Sehun!!!”

Give up, Sehun turned to Eungi. "I told you many times, stop screaming at my house, Choi Eungi."

"You the one who make me to do it." Said Eungi. "Teach me."

Sehun looks like thinking something at the moment before his eyes narrowed to form a wicked smile. "Well, I'll teach you." Sehun replied finally, making Eungi expression turn into brighter. "But I have my condition."

Eungi expression instantly turned into overcast. "You really nasty." Eungi said. But Sehun shrugged and looked at Eungi, stifle his laugh still. "What condition?"

"Do my math assignment.” Said Sehun. “For this month.”

Mwo?! YYA, you such a—“

"Too bad if you don’t want to." Cut Sehun shrugged again, pretending to look sorry. "I wouldn’t want to teach you, then."

With a quick motion Sehun turned left Eungi. Really trying to hold back his laughter to keep it out. His stomach really hurts now.

"Wait!" Eungi held him by his voice. "O-ok!! I'll do it! But just remember that I wasn’t going to replace your ice cream  at all!"

In its place stood, Sehun smile spreading unconsciously. And just with that way he has made his day.

-----

Sehun knew that eventually he will continue to be haunted the figure of Eungi. Like now.

Sehun looked at the glass in front of him. Street bands that had caught his attention isn’t there anymore. Sehun laughed to himself, thinking that it must be a very long time he was in his own memory.

Sehun clucked and turned over to Eungi. He didn't know how many memories that he had freezed in his brain memory. Hundreds of? Millions of? Milliards? No. It's countless. Infinity.

Fight, quarrel, shouting has become a routine activities for Sehun and Eungi. But there are also times when they need each others when there is a problem only because of this: those who best understand each other. Sehun even felt that he was more understanding Eungi than Eungi’s herself. In the Sehun's eyes, Eungi will always be the little girl who chatty. The girl who was so full of ambition and reckless. The girl who melancholy and always cried while watching the story of Romeo and Juliet. The girl who is too quick to make a decision without careful thought. The girl who clumsy and can fall just because of take the wrong step or simply because of small pebbles. The girl who could make him laugh just because the little trivial things. The girl who could be herself without pretense behind. The girl who always accompanied him…

The girl who could make him happy just cause seeing her smile.

Sehun missed it all. He missed all of himself and Eungi. When they go home and went to college together. When they were hunting comic. When they are staying up all night to play one on one in Winning Eleven. When Eungi complain about how boring accompany Sehun hunting place for a photograph. When Sehun complain about the dinner time that has coming but Eungi still in the bookstore for buy her art materials, feel confused of picking. When wrestle about which one is better and which one aren’t. When they both ran away from campus, truant together. When they make the madness together. As the world just belong to them.

Eleven-year friendship with a girl named Choi Eungi was not his dream. But unexpectedly, it turned into an achievement that needs to be fought. As a friend, its lying if they said they have never fight. Even once almost destroyed their friendship just because of little problems. Since then, Sehun knows one thing. He knows that he can't live without Choi Eungi,  a girl who always be a little girl in his eyes.

-----

To be continue...