Chapter 3 Extra [2/2]

Do You Understand?

   

 

Yoongi was lay stiff in bed, not moving an inch for at least an hour since he woke up. His eyes were still glued onto his hand, examining every crack, indent and line that Jimin's soft, baby hands would have gripped on to. It hurt, of course it ing hurt. But there was nothing Yoongi could do, he had to painfully accept that this was Jimin's way.  

 

"Did a bomb hit this place?" Hoseok joked as he walked through the dorm openly, a smile embedded from his heart shaped lips. But that quickly fell once he saw a morbid Yoongi in bed.  

 

"Yoongi, why are you still in bed it's like 12pm," Hoseok sat opposite on Jimin's untouched bed, glancing around and finding it odd the bed was so pristine. "Last night was crazy I guess".

 

It was silent, Hoseok's small breaths of laughter cutting short from sensing the atmosphere. "Hey," he spoke more sternly, reaching across and shoving what seemed like Yoongi's leg under the covers.  

 

"I'm not in the mood, Hoseok".  

 

"Where's Jimin?" Hoseok decided to ignore Yoongi's poor attitude.  

 

"Out," Yoongi spat, attempting to turn around to have his back facing Hoseok.  

 

"Out where? His bed looks untouched, did he even make it home?--" 

 

", Hoseok. Just stop talking already!" 

 

Despite the exterior rage in Yoongi's voice, Hoseok knew he didn't mean it. He was used to Yoongi having these outbursts, he only ever does it to defend himself. But the thing that hurt most was that Yoongi felt he needed to defend himself against Hoseok.  

 

"Don't do that," he spoke calmly. Making Yoongi's body freeze, eyes wide and heavily staring upon the wall in front of him. "Don't treat me like I'm Namjoon or Seokjin". 

 

Yoongi's chest clenched, along with his fists that were buried underneath the sheets. His mouth was sealed shut, he was afraid if he even dared to give way then everything would blurt out. But instead he settled for something simpler. "It really ing hurts, Hobie".   

 

Of course Hoseok was confused, but not for long. He watched over Yoongi's delicate frame, seeing his back trembling every now and then and hearing the sharp hitches of his breathing. Like he said before, there are only a few things that affect Yoongi - and he could make a guess at which one of those things it was today.  

 

He sighed, getting up slowly and approaching Yoongi's bed with ease, sitting on the end and placing a loving hand on Yoongi's shoulder, making the elder jump. "I know it does, and I'm sorry I can't do anything more to help".  

 

"He just left me here, making me feel like again. Why do I always fall for it? To believe he could actually...," Yoongi's voice broke towards the end, Hoseok shushing him to try and stop the boy from crying.  

 

Yoongi sat up now, eyes blood shot red with grey bags hanging underneath. It worried Hoseok, sure Yoongi's came in to college looking like after a night out, but he's never looked this broken.  

 

Hoseok's eyes widened upon Yoongi's bare body, seeing the scratches and bruises the kid had left from earlier before, the imprints of Jimin's baby hands that clung to Yoongi's arms and shoulders so desperately.  

 

"This kid..." Yoongi started, head drooping and not daring to show such a vulnerable side of him. "This ing kid, how can a little like him affect me this much?"  

 

"He always has," Hoseok stated. "It's always been Jimin, Yoongi." 

 

"I don't want it to be," he grunted.  

 

"Don't say that, you know how much you care about him." 

 

"But all it's bringing me is pain," he plucked up the courage to look Hoseok in the eyes, they younger slightly taken back from the sudden stare. "Is this what it's going to be? We'll and then he'll run? And the messed up thing is, I'll allow him to do it." 

 

"Yoongi..." Hoseok cooed, hand still resting on his bare shoulder, careful to not knock one of the bruises Jimin planted.

 

"I wish I didn't feel this, I wish I didn't love him with every fibre in my being. I wish we were never roommates, I wouldn't be feeling like I'm practically dying right now".  

 

Hoseok allowed Yoongi to continue, knowing if he stepped in too early than Yoongi would just get defensive and curl up into a ball, hiding away from the rest of the world. He remembers the first time Yoongi and Jimin had , Yoongi actually never officially telling Hoseok that they did. 

 

But Hoseok knew, he could tell by how easily Jimin could ignore Yoongi as he passed him in the college hallway, how Jimin's smile seemed to get wider and his laugh was incredibly synthetic, all of this done whenever he was near Yoongi. Yoongi was a mess, the same look on his face that Hoseok was facing right now, no motivation to do anything except drink himself stupid.  

 

But one day, Hoseok caught Jimin showing his true nature. He saw the boy curled up outside Hoseok's apartment, trembling and sobbing into his arms that were resting on his tucked up knees. Hoseok didn't know what to do or what to say, he knew full well Jimin was there to see Yoongi, but he just didn't have the courage to say it – he never has.  

 

Hoseok wonders if he ever should have told Yoongi about that day, maybe things would have been different now.  

 

"Yoongi, I'm sorry," Hoseok spoke softly, his hand falling from Yoongi's shoulder. 

 

"Sorry about what?" 

 

"I'm just...sorry, I'm sorry you have to go through this. I wish I could see you happy, I can't remember the last time I've seen a genuine smile on your face. I'm sorry".  

 

"Hoseok, what are you talking about? None of this is your fault, so stop saying sorry. This is my own I have to deal with, okay?"

 

Hoseok nodded, but he wasn't fully convinced.  

 

"Jimin loves you". 

 

Yoongi sniggered weakly, hands running through his post- hair. "He doesn't, but yet I've never loved anyone so much. How pathetic am I, hey?--" 

 

"Just stop!" Hoseok voiced, "I know Jimin is a head , I know he is Yoongi. But you know him better than any of us, have you ever actually ignored the hurtful and defensive words he screams and just looked at how fragile he is?"  

 

"Of course I have, I see it every day Hoseok. But what can I do? He won't let me in, he runs away from everything. I want to help him, I want to tell him how ing beautiful he is, how he's the most stunning and precious thing I've ever seen on this earth. But he won't listen, he refuses any affection anyone gives him".  

 

Hoseok sighed, he knew Yoongi was right – everybody did. You could tell all that just from a 5 minute conversation with the kid, but he just wasn't ready to let the two carry on depressing themselves.  

 

"Yoongi, you care about Jimin right?" 

 

"Yes". 

 

"Talk to him, please speak to him. I don't know if I can go another day seeing the two of you carrying on these fake smiles. And yes that may be selfish, but I'll be selfish as if that means you two finally have a decent conversation about this." 

 

Yoongi knew all this, everything his best friend was saying was accurate. He wanted to end this, to just grab Jimin and tell him truly how he feels – every single detail right from the beginning.  

 

But his only fear was, what if Jimin didn't want to listen?  

 

"Okay," he threw his covers off, Hoseok's head turning away jokingly in case Yoongi was completely . Yoongi just hissed, punching the brunettes arm and reassuring him he was in fact in his boxers.  

 

He ran his fingers through his hair, slapping his cheeks a few times to boost himself up. Hoseok watched with a faint smile, seeing his best friend finally having the balls to face this head on. Yoongi stomped into the bathroom, returning shortly after fully dressed in a hoodie and jeans, his face fresh and clean which eased Hoseok immediately.  

 

"I can do this, what else could go wrong, right?"  

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I hope you enjoyed and happy April Fools!