New Arrival.

Dysphoria

Chapter 2

New Arrival.

 

 

Eh ?!” Jungkook screeched, as he slid out of his school top and mustered all the strength he could to push the closet's sliding door wide open as fast as it possibly could.

 

Kookie-ah,” Taehyung deviously grinned. “You're getting so comfortable with changing around me, I feel like our friendship has really improved !” All he got from Jungkook was a blushing glare, as the younger was rushing, but this was still a satisfying enough reaction.

 

Why is this hyung always like this...” Jungkook grumbled under his breath as he flung spare bed and pillow sheets out of the closet.

 

Ah.” Taehyung lifted his index finger up quizzically and earned a dubious look from Jungkook. “Your clothes are being brought over later tonight.” Jungkook's eyes opened wide. His mouth parted a little. “Such a cute expression...” Taehyung inaudibly whispered to himself.

 

What do you mean ?! I'm stuck with just a uniform ?! The new room-mate will think I'm weird-” Jungkook roared before shutting up, as he realised something. “You knew all of this would happen didn't you ?” Taehyung couldn't hide that devilish grin of his. He rose his shoulders with a dumbfounded expression.

 

Maybe, but I never thought it would play out this well.”

 

Speechless. Jungkook rolled his eyes and grabbed the uniform's shirt, messily shoving it back on. Hardly any of the buttons were done back up correctly, Taehyung went over to him almost instinctively and delicately started to fix the buttons. Jungkook froze, shocked to see the elder actually doing his duty as a butler for once.

 

Your room-mate will think you're even weirder if you don't button it properly.” Taehyung calmly said, as he meticulously buttoned the shirt. Jungkook blushed a barely noticeable shade of light pink and he diverged his attention away from the sight of Taehyung. This of course, did not go unnoticed by the elder, leaving a small, corner smile on his face.

 

Three abrupt knocks interrupted the two boys just as soon as Taehyung finished doing up the last button. Jungkook looked at him once he had done, and he looked back with a grin.

 

I'm done Kookie, shouldn't you answer the door ?” Jungkook rolled his eyes at Taehyung's stupid grin. Why did he always seem to have the most fun when Jungkook wasn't ? Making his way out of the room, followed by Taehyung, he took one last glance back at him.

 

You better not call me that embarrassing nickname in front of the new room-mate.” He mumbled with a serious expression, but the reaction he got from Taehyung was less than serious. Another snide smile on his part. Once having reached the stern wooden door, he undone the security locks from the inside and opened to a very cute boy who couldn't possibly be any older than he is.

 

He's your hyung.” Taehyung whispered from behind, as if knowing what Jungkook's first impression of the boy was. Jungkook couldn't hide his surprised expression, but after their new acquaintance gave him a weird, dubious look, he quickly reversed back to his usual neutral face. The boy outside the door looked down feeling awkward for a while before clearing his throat and initiating conversation.

 

Uhm... My name is Park Jimin, I'm supposed to be moving in here ?” He asked unsure, looking back up and slightly over Jungkook's shoulder, to have a quick and subtle glance at the apartment. The reason for him questioning whether this really was the right place was obvious. The apartment looked like it cost way, way over what he was asked to pay rent for. His half of the rent couldn't in any possible way cover even a sixth of what this place looked like it cost. Hell, he couldn't even afford one of those beige, leather sofas with a whole year's worth of rent.

 

Yeah...” Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows and rubbed the nape of his neck, feeling slightly uncomfortable. “I mean, I was told I was getting a room-mate so you must be-”

 

Park Jimin ? We spoke over the phone, I am Kim Taehyung.” Taehyung, as usual, cut Jungkook off while squeezing past him and lending out his hand to Jimin courteously. Jimin blinked a couple of times, he obviously recognised Taehyung's deep distinguished voice over the phone, but he wasn't used to people being polite towards him, especially someone who looked around his age. Never the less, he reciprocated and shook hands with him. Jungkook looked over Taehyung's shoulder, who seemed much more informed about this person than he was, but when did Taehyung not know more than him. It's like he purposely “forgot” to inform Jungkook of certain details, making his life all the harder.

 

Once they had finished shaking hands, Taehyung turned to Jungkook, moving his head to signal him out of the doorway, which the latter found rude, but he expected no less from his unprofessional butler.

 

Come in, make yourself at home... it is your home now anyway.” Taehyung waved Jimin in letting out a small laugh to ease the atmosphere which Jimin smiled to, feeling more comfortable around Taehyung. However, one person doing nothing to help was Jungkook, he had a nasty habit of staring intensely at people. Although Taehyung was the most frequent victim of said stare, Jimin was someone new which Jungkook had not met before, so he couldn't help but focus on him. To a point where Jimin was so uneasy he wanted to eat his own skin and flesh until he disappeared.

 

I-I didn't know I would be sharing with two other people, I thought there was only one bedroom haha.” Jimin awkwardly let out to make conversation, still looking at the boy with cold, sombre eyes fixated upon him. “Ah- Unless you two are...” Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows as soon as the words escaped Jimin's mouth. Realising what he had asked and then proceeded to imply, Jimin lowered his head in embarrassment.

 

I hope it doesn't bother you...” Taehyung shyly answered, twiddling his thumbs and pouting cutely. Jungkook went from slightly offended by Jimin even thinking he could swing for the other side of the court to absolutely, in fact beyond imaginably bewildered by Taehyung's answer. Here he stood in a school uniform, in front of his new room-mate, with what now was his new room-mate assumed was his freaking boyfriend.

 

N-No it's fine with me-”

 

We are not together.” Jungkook slashed through Jimin's jumbled mumble. Maybe his tone was more than harsh enough when he answered Jimin, but, it couldn't be helped. Okay, it could most definitely be helped – but he had no patience for someone who just assumed he was gay. Jimin audibly gulped, because Jungkook's unnerving stare now became a tormenting blizzard of death. The atmosphere was insufferably tense. Until, Taehyung started laughing.

 

Kookie you're so cute ~” He threw his arm around Jungkook and started pulling at his soft, chubby cheeks. On the other hand, Jungkook was definitely not amused and now becoming a colour that strongly resembled one of a tangerine.

 

I told you not to call me that ! You're so embarrassing this is bad enough !”

 

HYUNG. You forgot the H-Y-U-N-G.” Taehyung shot back before removing his arm and sticking his tongue out. Jimin was surprised at first but couldn't help laughing at their comical exchange.

 

Sorry,” he rubbed the back of his neck with a penitent expression, “My bad...” Jimin looked up at Taehyung and before he could ask the other answered the question on his mind.

 

I am Jungkook's –” he motioned his hand over to Jungkook as he said it, as to introduce him. “ – Butler. I will not be living here, but I may stay on the couch if needed sometimes.” Jimin looked over to Jungkook as Taehyung finished speaking. His gaze was still piercing and left Jimin slightly anxious, but after having seen his distraught embarrassed face with Taehyung he seemed a lot less fearful. Jimin silently observed him, analysing him as he did so. Jungkook had a milky complexion, dark eyes and even darker hair. He was handsome. His build too, you could tell there was some underlying muscles there. Despite this, he had cute features too, chubby cheeks and slightly bunny teeth that he could see through his gaped mouth. Indeed, Jungkook was very handsome, no doubt a lady killer, the butler boy beside him was just as beautiful. They were an intimidating pair.

 

His butler ?” Jimin responded when he had finished exploring Jungkook's features. “You really are rich !”

 

Don't be worried, he's really cute.” Taehyung looked at Jungkook with tender eyes and the latter rolled his own. Taehyung's feelings clearly did not reach him, nor were they reciprocated. “Also, he's younger than you, so don't let this brat push you around.” Jungkook let out a clearly exaggerated and aggravated sigh at this.

 

Nice to meet you then,” Jimin lifted his suitcases up a bit higher so the other two would see them. “I'm gonna go unpack then.. uhm...”

 

Down the corridor, room on the right.” Taehyung pointed towards the room.

 

Does he always answer before you finish speaking ?” Jimin smiled, letting out a slight chuckle as he asked Jungkook.

 

One of his few talents.” Jungkook stonily replied, but Jimin kept his smile. From what he saw of Jungkook so far, he wasn't mean. Just hard to get through to. Jimin was good with people, and patient with those like Jungkook. He lowered his luggage and headed towards the room. Taehyung kept eyeing him all the way there, until he closed the door and was definitely inside, then he made a swift turn to Jungkook with a beaming, rectangular smile.

 

So what do you think of him ?”

 

What is there to think ?” Jungkook answered, annoyed by his hyung's curiosity.

 

I don't know, first impression ?” Taehyung persisted, and Jungkook gave in so he wouldn't keep doing so.

 

He seems nice, not annoying like certain people.” If it wasn't clear enough Jungkook meant Taehyung by this, he enforced what he was implying by giving him a stern look. “But... he's really cute for a guy, it's kinda weird. I don't know if I'd be friends with that sort of person.”

 

I'm cute for a guy,” Taehyung said as he sat himself down on one of the leather sofas. “Yet I'm your only friend...”

 

You are most definitely not cute, and most definitely not my only friend.” Jungkook chortled then sat on the other sofa. Undeterred by Jungkook's insults, Taehyung remained smiling, looking if anything more intrigued to ask more. Apparently Jungkook had far from quelled his interest and all the more rose it.

 

Name one.” Taehyung retorted.

 

Kim Namjoon.” Jungkook answered seriously, but was immediately defeated by a confident smirk from Taehyung.

 

So, that rapper/producer acquaintance of yours outranks me in terms of friendship ?”

 

No, idiot, no one-” Jungkook shut his mouth as soon as he realised he had almost admitted to Taehyung that he was his best friend, if not one of the most important person in his life. He was too late though, his efforts were in vain. Taehyung already had that smug smile plastered on his face. Normally, it wouldn't be an issue to tell your best friend they meant a lot to you – but, Taehyung would never, ever let it go. A small wince was heard from the door of Jimin's room opening, he seemed to have settled down more. However, given he wasn't in there for long, probably not done unpacking.

 

Hey, I just wanted to know, are there any rules or anything I should know about ?” The baby-faced boy boomed from where he was, towards the pair. Jungkook stared at him silently, expecting Taehyung would answer him shortly.

 

It's your apartment and your room-mate you know, the rules are up to you.” Taehyung whispered, almost like he knew Jungkook was waiting for him to answer Jimin. The younger boy looked at him with big eyes, surprised, he felt like he was put on the spot suddenly. Then remembering Jimin was still waiting for an answer he turned back to him trying to formulate the best possible response.

 

Like ?” Jimin looked instantly disappointed by his cold answer, he had a slightly fed up face from having to wait patiently for something so simple. His mouth formed a small pout.

 

Like... dinner ? Should we eat together or... I don't know...” He rubbed the back of his neck, feeling uncomfortable. Jungkook was clearly a rich boy, so he must have had some sort of routine or standard he was used to. “If you have any specific shower times or...”

 

Do what you want, hyung.” Jungkook lazily rose his shoulders, before drooping them back down. “If you want to eat together or whatever, sort it out with Taehyung, I don't cook.” He firmly pressed on the I don't cook part of his sentence, making sure that was a chore he simply would not do and that both boys heard it loud and clear. Jimin looked at Taehyung, who was smiling at Jungkook as though he was bemused by him. He cleared his throat to get his attention, when Taehyung turned to look at him he had the slightest hint of an annoyance in his expression. As if Jimin had rudely interrupted him.

 

If you want Taehyung, I'll cook tonight.” Jimin smiled as best he could, trying to ignore whatever Taehyung had been doing before hand.

 

No, you've just arrived and I'm the butler, plus you're my hyung too-”

 

You're not my butler.” Jimin's smile was now becoming more genuine, as he quickly retorted before Taehyung could add any more. “And... technically, I live here now but you don't. So you're a guest. Let the eldest take care of the youngsters.” Jimin seemed very insistent to cook tonight, he wanted to treat and impress his new friends.

 

Taehyung sighed, but the smile did not leave his mouth, he understood that Jimin absolutely wanted to cook tonight. It was fine anyway, he was quite relieved he didn't have to.

 

If you insist.” He simply answered.

 

Jimin's smile grew all the more as he triumphed over who had the chore of cooking tonight – even though he was the one who lost by having to cook. He then asked a final question, which had been bothering him ever since he arrived.

 

By the way Jungkook, why are you wearing a school uniform ? I thought we started tomorrow...”

 

Tch. Stupid hyung.” The boy in question clearly directed his insult at Taehyung, before abruptly standing up and storming to the room opposite Jimin. The latter blinked a few times in complete confusion, did he annoy Jungkook ? But this fear quickly subsided when he heard Taehyung burst out laughing.

 

I can't wait for dinner Jimin-hyung ~” Taehyung sang with a jolly expression.

 

 

(A/N) And so enters Jimin ! It was a bit obvious (of course the maknae line would be together <3)

Anyway, this chapter wasn't too exciting, but one thing at a time ~

 

-sighs at the lack of proofreading-

-whispers-

eventually...