Trickster.

Dysphoria

Chapter 1

Trickster Hyung.

 

 

January 25th 2016.

 

Distant notes resonated through out the many halls of the empty mansion. A beautiful melody, beneath a harmonious voice. Taehyung stopped in his tracks, carrying some dirty laundry in his hands. He looked behind him, towards where the sounds came from. This sound was not new to him. Yet, every time he heard it, his heart still skipped a beat.

 

It had been almost eight years since Taehyung moved into the Jeon family, to work as their son Jungkook's “butler”. The police investigation of his mother's death had been put on a hiatus. Simply because they could not find any concrete evidence for years, and the hope of catching the murderer became more and more minute as time went by. Eventually, the case ended up lacking funding and interest. Taehyung didn't care though. Of course, it pained him, every now and then. Knowing the one who murdered his beloved mother was still roaming free, but then again, he hardly had any recollection of his mother. In the end, it was only the principle of it all that hurt him.

 

Subconsciously, Taehyung had led himself outside of a wide, open room surrounded by windowed walls, even the door was see-through. He had led himself to the person singing and strumming beautiful sounds using his guitar. Jungkook. Taehyung watched him through the glass. Jungkook's nimble fingers tickled the strings of his instrument as he sung along in English. The light from outside hit him perfectly, highlighting his strong features and outlining his broad build. Everything around him seeming to work with him. Even the specks of dust, only visible when the light hit them, floating around him made the boy seem more enchanting.

 

Our life was cutting through, so loud; Memories are playing in my dull mind.

 

Surprisingly enough, Jungkook had not noticed the boy opposite the glass wall who stared at him so intensely. He was too focused on his singing. Taehyung bit his bottom lip. Hard. Something was pulsing deep inside of him, he wanted Jungkook to be entirely his. No, he needed him to be. He shook his head, ridding it of these weird and possessive thoughts, he apparently had developed over the past years. Often, Taehyung's mind seemed to play tricks on him, only leaving him with a headache when it was over. He winced in pain at the suppressed thoughts and held a hand to his forehead. He glanced back at the boy in front of him, still peacefully singing, blissfully unaware of Taehyung's presence.

 

Hoping that you won't forget...

 

On that last note, Jungkook's song ended, he let out a sigh – he must have been singing to get something off his mind. When the raven haired boy finally looked around his surroundings, he looked lost.

He must have been really focused. Taehyung thought, looking at him affectionately.

As Jungkook looked around, a slice of gold hue caught the corner of his eye. Immediately, he knew who this was and got up to turn towards him. Taehyung was watching him, and looked like he had been for a while. Jungkook's cherry lips parted, his mouth gaping open slightly displaying his “bunny” looking teeth. He left the glass room to speak to him.

 

How long have you been here ?” He asked, scowling at Taehyung. It looked like he was mad, but Taehyung knew him better than this. From the slight tangerine tint of his cheek, he could tell Jungkook was just embarrassed.

 

Not long enough,” He gave Jungkook a boxy smile, his eyes creasing almost shut as he did so. “I wish I'd heard all of it.”

 

Whatever...” Jungkook muttered under his breath as he walked past Taehyung.

 

Whatever, hyung.” Taehyung retorted, giving Jungkook a cheeky smile. Jungkook was a brat. He had always been the “boss” of his entourage and he had never actually had any friends – other than Taehyung. He was also heavily spoilt. Due to his mother's abrupt death. Unsure as to why, because he was never fully explained, his father felt culpable for what happened and decided to fill her absence with whatever stupid or useless trinkets and games Jungkook desired. Therefore, the boy had no manners. Again, Taehyung was used to it. After living with someone, and not just that tending to them, for almost eight years, little surprises you.

 

Jungkook kept walking down the never ending hallway, slightly sliding because of the lack of friction between his socks and the marbled floor. Embarrassing. He couldn't believe Taehyung came to watch him whilst he sang – not that he hadn't before, but Jungkook was a perfectionist with little belief in his art; so no matter how many times Taehyung saw, it remained just as unpleasant. Suddenly, he came to a halt, when he looked at the grandfather clock, it's heavy pendulum swinging inside de decrepit wood. Half nine. Jungkook's head leaned to the side, his expression puzzled. I swear I had something to do.

 

Oh, that's right !” Taehyung spoke up, he had been following all this time, lifting his index finger up in the air. “I was meant to come tell you this, today is your first day as a freshman in your new school.”

 

What ? It's today ?!” Jungkook asked, bewildered. Taehyung merely nodded his head.

 

The induction speech is in half an hour.” He smiled.

 

Jungkook's eyes looked ready to pop out of their sockets.

 

Yah ! Why didn't you come get me earlier !” He began to storm off through the halls to get his uniform. “Will we even get there on time ?!”

 

I got distracted, and maybe, who knows.” Taehyung answered annoyingly, making Jungkook's eyebrow twitch and his patience grow thin. After reaching his room, he solemnly sulked on his bed, head in his hands.

 

We still have to stop by the new apartment before you go to your new school Jungkook-ah.” Taehyung observed him by the door frame. Right now, Jungkook felt like dry straw being bent and slowly cracking. He glared over at Taehyung who looked like he was enjoying the wreckage before him.

 

's sake. Tae, you can wipe that smug look off your face.” Abruptly, before Taehyung could answer, he stood up and flung open his wardrobe. Chucking various clothes out as he savagely rummaged through. Eventually, he pulled out a uniform a began marching off again.

 

I'll get changed in the car, and we'll stop at the new apartment quick.” Jungkook bolted off as he told Taehyung this. The latter just kept following him.

 

A slick, midnight black BMW waited outside the gate that led into the mansion, its motor lowly growling. Jungkook still rushing was ready to dive in when the driver opened the door for him. Taehyung on the other hand took his sweet time, earning him a dark look from Jungkook who was egging him to hurry up.

 

 

The journey was smooth, the wheels of their expensive ride felt like they were gliding over the road. Taehyung looked out the black-tinted windows. Appreciating the beautiful scenery, despite it being darkened by the window's shade, until something more interesting peeked his interest.

 

Kookie-ah, you're actually undressing in the car ?” His neutral expression gave no lee way for Jungkook to tell what he was thinking.

 

Yes ! It'll save time ! And I told you not to call me by that nickname !” Jungkook's cheeks were becoming peachy, tainting his usual white satin skin. He didn't mind changing in front of Taehyung... when he was on the other side of the room. This time they were cramped in the back of a BMW. Taehyung could have done Jungkook a kindness by looking out of the window again whilst he changed, but he didn't – instead he ogled him. Jungkook knew he was doing this on purpose to put him at unease.

 

Have you been working out Kookie-ah ?” Taehyung plainly asked, his expression not wavering but his eyes still strongly fixating the undressed younger.

 

Yah ! Stop looking you alien hyung !” Jungkook's blush switched from a peachy colour to a strong berry one. Taehyung let out a little chuckle, but, to spare Jungkook from passing out due to the sheer amount of blood flowing to his head he, deterred his head away and looked out the window again.

 

 

Upon arrival at the slightly expensive looking apartment block, Jungkook sped off without even uttering a word of thanks to the driver. Dragging Taehyung by the wrist, so the latter wouldn't trail slowly behind again, he barged inside through and straight to the elevator. They weren't in the richest part of town, more like the high end of the middle class area. Almost immediately, the elevator opened; it wasn't too crowded as they had just missed rush hour. Jungkook examined the buttons... clearly not knowing which to press. Taehyung rolled his eyes but smiled.

 

Rushing into things without knowing anything is a nasty habit Kookie-ah.” He pressed the last button on of the elevator as he said this.

 

If I didn't do that you wouldn't be here...” Jungkook mumbled under his breath, earning a quizzical look from Taehyung who didn't hear him. “Top floor ?” He quickly changed the subject.

 

Yes, the apartment on top floor takes up the whole floor.” The elevator doors smoothly shut, the two boys could almost see their reflections perfectly on the spotless metal doors, a high pitch jingle started playing as they felt the elevator lifting from the ground.

 

Top floor ? I told father to get me something-”

 

Normal, I know.” Taehyung cut him off, “But normal is a far stretch away from him. He probably thinks this is cheap.” he smiled and Jungkook rolled his eyes, but gave Taehyung a small corner smile regardless.

 

Once having reached their floor, Jungkook waiting for Taehyung to open the only door on the level. He grew impatient as Taehyung purposely checked the wrong pockets then went on to fiddle with which key to use.

 

Tae-ah stop messing !”

 

Hyuung.” Taehyung slowly said whilst clearly articulating his mouth, as if speaking to a child. Finally he opened the door and Jungkook went in first. The place was immaculate. Rich coloured wooden floors, light beige leather sofas in front of a huge plasma TV.

 

Really appa.. this is too much.” Jungkook half-mumbled to himself. The apartment had an open planned kitchen and bar on the right hand side where the “living room” area was. On the other side, there was two rooms that Jungkook assumed where his and Taehyung's bedrooms separated by a narrow corridor leading possibly to a bathroom. In front of him was a fully glassed wall, with a sliding door which led onto the balcony. He audibly sighed and remembered clearly telling his father he wanted to try a typical student life, away from the help of his father and his riches. Taehyung was smiling at him, as if reading his thoughts and finding the situation quite amusing. Jungkook looked at him, the elder had a perfect complexion, he looked like a porcelain doll. He was wearing his usual suit with a blue tie that had bright yellow ducklings on it-

 

Wait. Why was he not in uniform ? He was meant to start school with Jungkook.

 

Hyung ?”

 

Neh ?”

 

Why did we have to come here before going to school ?” Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows and Taehyung thoughtfully rubbed his chin.

 

Because if we went to school and you saw that it was shut, you would have been angry with me the whole ride back. I didn't want to be in such a small confined space with you... at least not when you're angry.” He mumbled the last part. Fuming wasn't the beginning of what Jungkook was right now. His ears turned red and he had to shut his eyes tight to ignore Taehyung's smug face. Trying desperately to compose himself and not lash out, Jungkook walked away and decided to be the bigger man. Taehyung tilted his head in confusion. He really liked messing with Jungkook, but when he gave no reaction it wasn't much fun.

 

I hope having to strip in front of me wasn't to stressful for you.” He obnoxiously added, the smug look crawling back onto his dolly face.

 

I.Hate.You.” The words hissed out of Jungkook's mouth through gritted teeth. Taehyung just kept smiling as always, Jungkook's could physically feel skin crawling as he clenched his fists. He stormed off to one of the rooms.

 

By the way, we do actually start tomorrow.” Taehyung managed to squeeze in before the younger slammed the door shut.

 

 

After having shut the door so hard, Jungkook winced a bit at how loud it slammed. He took a deep breath to calm himself down and finally took in what was around him, analysing the room. It had dark modern tones of black and white, unlike the rest of the apartment which was in beige, warm tones. There was a king sized bed in the corner of the room covered by a midnight black duvet, Jungkook recognised the satin fabric it was made of immediately. Opposite the bed, the wall was actually a huge sliding, wardrobe with mirrors for doors and a black frame. Jungkook audibly sighed. It was so extravagant, he really wanted to try the “normal” student life. Mostly to prove himself, not that he needed to, he was a perfectionist and felt unaccomplished riding on his father's fortune. Apparently his father didn't care much for Jungkook's personal achievements.

 

Sulking, Jungkook let himself fall backwards in the middle of the bed, arms spread wide. He stared at the plain ceiling. A golden light crept in from the creases between his blinds, irritating one of his eyes and forcing it shut. Golden, irritating. It reminded him of Taehyung, his unusual coloured eyes and annoying ways.

 

Stupid hyung.” He mumbled.

 

I shouldn't even call him hyung he's my butler.” He mumbled again, closing his other eye slowly.

 

That being said, Taehyung wasn't a very good butler. Sure, he did his job – after pulling at least one or two pranks on the younger. At first, when they took him in, he was a really sweet kid, quite timid too. Eventually he confidence grew, especially around Jungkook. In fact, it grew too much. Now, it felt like Jungkook had become his play thing, he moulded him into whatever shape he wanted, making him do whatever amused him.

 

He's such a sadist.” Jungkook pouted.

 

Who is ?”

 

Jungkook projected himself upwards, staring out Taehyung who had entered without him even knowing.

 

Wae ? Why are you in here ?! Couldn't you tell I was mad at you ??”

 

Was. So you're not any more, right ?”

 

No ! Stop twisting my wor-”

 

Anyway,” Taehyung cut him off, again. “Just letting you know, since you wanted a more “real” experience, the room opposite yours isn't actually meant for me. It's for your new flatmate.” Jungkook's eyes widened, but more in excitement than fear or shock. This was finally the experience he was talking about ! But... this excitement was cut short when something started to worry him.

 

Tae-ah... where are you going to sleep then ?” Jungkook's big, droopy doe eyes looked at Taehyung's golden orbs with concern, looking for some sort of reaction, an indication as to how Taehyung felt about not having a room. But the latter just smiled.

 

Kookie-ah ~” He ruffled Jungkook's jet black, already messy hair as long as he could before his hand being shoved off. “Don't preoccupy yourself with that ! I don't mind sleeping on the couch, or even get a hotel nearby if it's that bad.” Jungkook frowned at his answer, but guessed it couldn't be helped.

 

When will the new flatmate arrive ?”

 

Taehyung looked at his pocket watch.

 

In about ten minutes ?”

 

 

(A/N) And now the actual story is starting !

Thank you for reading and subscribing !!

 

Also this hasn't been edited or proof read so.. c':

(I will do it .. eventually..)