As Emotions Develop

Recovery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Unnie?.." Mina blinked not once, but twice to make sure she wasn't dreaming. "Did you just.. kiss.. me?"

"W-What?" Yuna was flustered, she should've known better than to act impulsively. She made an attempt to pretend like she had no idea what Mina was talking about. "T-That's silly! W-Why would I do that?"

Hearing Yuna's response, Mina was embarrassed and her cheeks grew a rosy red and contrasted her pale skin.

"I-I don't know..." Mina tried to explain herself. "I-I g-guess I just had a dream you took my first kiss..."

"F-First??" Yuna was panicking on the inside. Not only did she almost get caught by Mina, but she also just took Mina's first kiss without her even knowing.

"Mhm..." Mina didn't look Yuna in the eyes, still embarrassed. "I'm sorry... I wasn't thinking clearly and I just thought you kissed..."

"Aigoo, you little cutie," Yuna pulled Mina closer and covered Mina and herself under the sheets.

"Unnie~" Mina pouted when Yuna squeezed Mina's cheeks.

"Mina?"

"Hm?"

"What if... I did kiss you?" Yuna asked hopefully. She didn't know where she was going with this, but deep inside, she hoped Mina would provide an appropriate response.

"But that would make you my first..." Mina said.

"Ah..." Yuna said, dissapointed.

"Not that I have a problem with that." Mina pecked her lips on Yuna's cheek.

"But I'm a girl and you are too, Mina!."

"So?" Mina was legitimately confused at the point Yuna made.

"A lot of people would be against that sort of thing, Mina."

"You're a lot better than any other boy I know! And I love you!" Mina gave Yuna a cute smile.

"L-Love me?"

"Mhm!" Mina hugged Yuna tightly. "You and all the other members too!"

"The other members too?" Yuna felt slightly down. "You would be okay if they kissed you too?"

"If any of you really wanted to, anyway." Mina explained. "All you have to do is ask... I trust you guys!"

"I'm not sure that's how it really works, Mina," Yuna laughed as she got off the bed.

"Where are you going?" Mina asked, worriedly.

"To my... bed?"

"No!" Mina grabbed Yuna's hand and pulled her down to her bed. "Sleep with me... please?"

"What if I don't want to?" Yuna said playfully.

"But... You make me feel happy.." Mina looked down at the scars on her wrists. "Please?"

"Of course! I was just joking," Yuna laughed.

"Unnie!!" Mina pouted and turned the other way, allowing Yuna to hug her from behind.

"I love you, Yuna-unnie." Mina said as she drifted off to sleep.

"I love you too, Mina," Yuna said wistfully, knowing that Mina meant it in an entirely different way than she did.

The next morning started off as usual - the girls woke up, one by one, ate breakfast, and sat around the main room wondering what to do. That is, until they realized that they were one member short of the full eight.

"UNNIE!!!" Seolhyun called out to the rest of AOA in complete panic.

"What's wrong, Seolhyun-ah?" Choa asked. "Why are you yell-"

"HYEJEONG-UNNIE IS GONE!"

"What?"

The girls looked at Seolhyun in confusion.

"She's probably still sleeping, Seolhyun," Yuna said.

"Or maybe she's in the restroom!" Chanmi interjected.

"NO! SHE'S GONE!" Seolhyun cried out. "I CHECKED EVERYWHERE, BUT I CAN'T FIND HER! SHE WASN'T IN THE ROOM WHEN I WOKE UP AND SHE'S NO WHERE TO BE FOUND RIGHT NOW, EITHER!"

"Seolhyun-ah, calm down!" Jimin said. "Where would she even be? We're out in the mountains, for crying out loud."

"Unnie, I'm serious!" Seolhyun ran outside. "What if she's hurt? We have to go look for her!"

"Okay, okay," Choa tried to take things one step at a time - all this was too much to take in the morning. "Let's split up, yeah?"

"Mina, Seolhyun, Chanmi, you guys come with me," Yuna said.

"We'll go check out the lake area to see if she's there.""The rest of us will look around this area," Jimin said. "Come on, let's find her before something happens."

"Where could she even be?" Youkyung wondered. "She couldn't have gone off too far..."

"I swear when I get my hands on that girl, I'll kill her myself." Jimin shook her fists in the air.

"When did she even run off? Wasn't she with you guys last night?" Youkyung asked Choa and Jimin.

"She was, but she went to sleep before we did." Jimin explained. "Unnie, why are you quiet?"

Jimin nudged Choa on the shoulder, wondering why she didn't have anything to say.

"Oh, sorry," Choa said, "I've just been wondering..."

"About?"

"Jimin-ah, remember how Hyejeong was all moody last night?"

"You mean when she yelled at you for no reason? Yeah, I remember that. Gives me another reason to go find her myself and teach her a lesson."

"Do you think Hyejeong ran off because of something we said? She did drink a lot."

"Maybe... But I mean what did we even say? She was being weird and asking strange questions."

"Strange questions?" Youkyung asked, having trouble following the conversation. "So you guys think Hyejeong ran off because she was drunk and in a bad mood?"

"That's the only thing that makes sense, I guess..." Jimin followed up.

"I can't help but worry it's my fault..." Choa said. "I hope the other girls are having better luck finding her than we are..."

"What if she's lost, unnie? Or what if she's hurt? Or what if... what if..." Seolhyun broke into tears.

"Unnie, she'll be okay!" Chanmi tried to comfort Seolhyun. She whispered to Yuna, "Why is Seolhyun-unnie so worked up over this?"

Yuna shrugged, indicating to Chanmi that she didn't know why Seolhyun was acting the way she did. Truth was, however, that Yuna knew the exact reason why Seolhyun was on the verge of a mental breakdown - her lover had vanished into thin air.

"Seolhyun, look at me," Yuna said as she grabbed onto the girl's shoulders. "Everything is going to be okay, alright? We'll find Hyejeong and head back home in two days, just like we planned to."

"O-Okay..." Seolhyun said in between sobs.

"Can we take a quick break?" Chanmi said. "I'm sorry, I just... We've been out since the morning and we've been searching for Hyejeong-unnie for hours."

"Hm... Okay." Yuna looked over at Seolhyun. "I know you're really worried right now, but let's just take five minutes to catch our breath, yeah?"

"Unnie..." Seolhyun was still in tears.

"Don't worry, Seolhyun," Yuna said as she hugged Seolhyun. "We'll find her soon enough."

"I'm going to go on ahead," Mina said.

"Mina?" Yuna reached out for the girl's hand. "Where do you think you're going?"

"I'll just be right there!" Mina pointed in a direction where the path was clearly marked. "I'm sure Hyejeong is there, I know it."

"But you can't go on wandering by yourself, unnie!" Chanmi said. "You'll get easily lost!"

"I have this whistle though!" Mina shook her whistle so the others could see. "I won't be too far ahead, please?"

"Fine... But be careful. And don't go off too far!" Yuna was worried Mina was going to run into more trouble, but there was no stopping that girl if she had her mind intent on something. "Please, Mina, be careful, okay?"

"Don't worry, Yuna-unnie!" Mina winked. "You're only taking a couple minutes of rest anyway! I won't be too far!"

Truth be told, Mina had no idea where she was going. She only wanted to prove to her fellow members that she was capable of not getting lost and also capable of finding their missing member.

"Now, where could that girl have gone?" Mina thought to herself. She wandered around the area, resisting the urge to chase after the butterflies and squirrels that scurried beside her. She did a good job, too, until a beautiful blue butterfly had flown into view, grabbing all of Mina's attention.

"Aha! You!" She ran after the butterfly for a few minutes, until she realized that she was totally lost. She tried to retrace her steps but she had trouble remembering which direction where she even came from. It seemed she only had o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter