Junmyeon/Chen

Seven Hundred Fifty (Ficlet Series)

Title: Foggy

Pairing: Junmyeon/Jongdae

Rating: G

Length: 750w

A/N: All my SuChen feels made this babyfic.  I should finish this one some time.

Warnings: Slight reference to homophobia, um… not finished?

Summary: Junmyeon plans a school festival but didn’t plan Kim Jongdae, at all.


 

Junmyeon admits his fear to standing up in front of the class, which makes his decision to become president absolutely ridiculous.  But in Kyungsoo's words, what Junmyeon lacks in confidence and authority, he makes up with *unwavering determination and, at least, spectacular notes in all his subjects to keep the position.  

But while Junmyeon bravely steps up to the front of the room, with toes curling in the front of his pristine tennis shoes, sweating hands clenched tight to his announcements, he coughs for the attention but hardly squeaks a "good morning".

And obviously, Junmyeon knows he's blown the first impression already.

He can hear Baekhyun and Chanyeol snickering in the far back corner, probably peeling pieces of their erasers to pelt him in the head with during algebra.  Sehun and Jongin plug in their ear buds to resume watching their Girl's Generation music video.  It's only Kyungsoo he hears a little in the second row, mouthing the rest of the speech they had reviewed together before the bell rung.  Junmyeon thinks he's fogging up his glasses with his nervous panting.

Junmyeon takes up the rest of the time watching Zitao's eyes stray to the magazine she'd been keeping under her desk to read during lectures, and visibly scowls when he hears a light scuffling from the forth row, the sound of a chair pulling away from its desk as someone steps from it.  Then that someone speaks.

"Next week's the Fall Festival," the boy pinches the bridge of his nose, sort of pushes his glasses up in a cool manner, except he does so carefully, more humbly.   "and you were wondering who was going to perform?"  He shoots Junmyeon a slight, knowing smile as he flicks his eyes to the students around him, who now are watching Junmyeon with curiosity.  Junmyeon takes comfort in that mischievous, inventive smile.

Like a tiny bolt of energy had charged up the dead batteries in his heart, Junmyeon starts up - *efficiently asking for participants, recording names and schedules.  Although Junmyeon hadn't thought of getting to the Fall Festival announcement yet, it certainly is news to his classmates, their interests piqued.

"And I'm Kim Jongdae," the boy points to himself when the line of participating students dissipate, a simple silver ring around that finger glows in the cast of window light.  "I'll be closing for the Festival concert."

"Kim Jongdae," Junmyeon scratches onto his notepad, carefully putting down the position and schedule time.  When he looks up, he catches Jongdae's feline smile again.  Junmyeon nods back, with a tint of the lips.  "I'll remember that, thank you."

Jongdae sits down gracefully with an unshakable grin on his face.

"No problem."

-

They don't talk for the rest of the week after that, which does upset Junmyeon a little bit because he had thought, for once, that someone seemed slightly interested in him.**  It had been the gleam in Jongdae's eyes--a tad bit playful, but mostly caring and, unmistakably, warm affection--like Jongdae had something to tell Junmyeon, right after that whole ordeal.  Maybe he would outside of class, underneath these adorably pink, blossoming flowered trees just as he'd imagined.  Just where Junmyeon is sitting right now.

Junmyeon jumps when somebody pushes on his head, his hair in a fistful that, after a slight second's notice, only Junmyeon could recognize.  Junmyeon's 100% correct.  Kyungsoo comes into view.  Him and a sandwich.

"You're more ‘manhwa’ than I thought, sitting under cherry blossoms by yourself in a light grey uniform" Kyungsoo says to him, handing Junmyeon his favorite egg salad sandwich as he takes a seat on the bench.  "I had already thought you walked out of a shoujo manga, when I saw perfect, passionate nerd Kim Junmyeon running for class president."

"It's too bad Lu Han-senpai will never notice me." Junmyeon starts to what ends in uncontrollable laughter between the two--because it's a known fact that Junmyeon's first high school heartthrob was this upperclassman who clearly had a thing for --just that he'd play it off with pretty nasty homophobic comments afterwards that did nothing but prove he was denying Junmyeon's obvious affection toward him and his own interests.  Both Junmyeon and Kyungsoo's face sour quickly after that.

"Ahahah," Kyungsoo mock-laughs, "okay, let's not talk about things that'll leave a bitter taste in my mouth."  He takes the last piece of tuna sandwich he was munching on.  "But just in case, I'll have to ask you if you're thinking..."

"About...?"  Junmyeon inhales his egg salad.  "What?"

Kyungsoo gives him a look.  That look.  

"About going to see Jongdae at the festival."  Kyungsoo says it straight out.  "I mean, you're interested in him, aren't you?"

"Oh."  Junmyeon's eyebrows furrow.  He sort of wishes for more egg salad.  "I guess..?"

"Trust me," Kyungsoo starts preaching with this one distinctive tone he only uses on Junmyeon, because he's given This Talk to Junmyeon before--back in the 2nd year--back when Lu Han was still enrolling.  "Trust me Junmyeon, you have this face and particular voice you use when you're crushing on somebody."

"And your glasses fog up it's the cutest thing." Kyungsoo quickly adds, before prying his book bag open to search for something.

 

 

 

A/N: I always try not to end these drabblets on a weird spot/sudden dead end but I'm a bit more sensitive for this ficlet uvu It is my baby that I want to write carefully.  Also, I'd be falling for Kim Jongdae this way if he! ever!  attended one of my classes omg /////