Junmyeon/Lu Han

Seven Hundred Fifty (Ficlet Series)

Title: Too Pretty, Alt. titled "Angel"

Pairing: suho/luhan

Rating: PG

Length: 900w (+)

A/N: ty lindy :,D im not writing . btw i have absolutely no idea how weddings work but Junmyeon is rich so anything goes

Warnings: i'm also trying to write smtn funny, that should warn you enough

Prompt: suho/Junmyeon finds the flower crown wearing flower boy at (members) wedding more pretty than he should [junmyeon’s plans go wrong in every right way

 

 

Junmyeon ends up completely re-coordinating Chanyeol's wedding after a major bailout from the planner, as per Baekhyun's request after Chanyeol "accidentally" ordered two albino elephants to hold the banners and a team of Hawaiian poi dancers.  Needless to say, he had his work cut out for him.

 

After ushering the poi dancers out-- he had gotten rid of the elephants the minute he heard about them- Junmyeon sets his eyes on the small details - like was their cake on the way, and does it not accidentally have Chanyeol's "wife" in a wedding dress, although Baekhyun would say he'd rock a skirt even if he was fifty.  He makes about five checklists, each for the five stations he was going to man simultaneously - and thanks the almighty power above that this isn't his set career path at all.

 

"Kyungsoo," Junmyeon addresses Chanyeol's man of honor at the reception tables, arranging EXO paper dolls and origami and little plastic cases filled with lentils and - it's a good thing Baekhyun hired Junmyeon because he's getting rid of at least one of these ASAP. "how many crab cakes did we order - and oh, we don't have any cucumbers in the salad right?"  

 

Kyungsoo turns his way as he's crafting a string of paper penguins. "Twelve trays because we saved the budget for Yixing's beef tenderloin - and no, Baekhyun took care of that himself."

 

"Baekhyun!"  Junmyeon leaps from his seat and nearly knocks a passing girl onto the carpet.  "Where is he?"

 

Jongdae steps over a mess of rilakkuma streamers (Chanyeol smuggled them for the patio outside) and walks over to Junmyeon carrying a waste basket.  "He's fine, just in the room pacing back and forth like he's going to vomit.  He /is/ going to spend the rest of his life with Park Chanyeol."  

 

"Tell him he has to, after all the work I've put into this."  Junmyeon grumbles, streaking a hand through his dead blonde hair.  The heavy cases of wine in the corner look especially tempting to settle down near.  Almost done.  The alcohol is waiting.

 

"Not enough work, I'd say."  Kyungsoo looks over the checklists and finds a gap in the list of 'important people'.  "Look, there's no flower girl.  Nor ring bearer.  What are we going to do without a ring bearer?  Keep them in Chanyeol's pockets?"

 

"Just in case you freak, I checked, and they're still in there." Jongdae bundles up the streamers and puts them in his basket before walking off.

 

"You don't suppose you can fill man of honor and ring bearer, can you Kyungsoo?"  Junmyeon scrunches his nose, knowing that they'll have to use an old church cushion to present them on.

 

"AND be origami-maker?"  Kyungsoo scrupulously retorts, holding his penguin children protectively.  "Forget it."

 

"Forget the origami!"

 

"Hey!" Jongdae calls out from the front. "Jongin's got his niece here who'd make a rad ring bearer."

 

"Don't you mean flower girl?"  Junmyeon scratches 'flower girl' off the front of his clipboard.

 

"The future Mr. and Mr. Park are all for equality and the breakdown of gender roles."  Jongdae says knowingly.  "And besides, she's allergic to pollen."

 

"...Right.  Thanks Jongin."  Junmyeon gives Kyungsoo's boyfriend across the room a one-up.  "Now what about the flower . . . kid?"

 

"Trust me," Jongdae wraps an arm around Junmyeon's aching shoulders and winks.  "I got this all planned out."

 

~

 

"...Your cousin."  Junmyeon gapes across the wedding hall at the extreme height difference between Jongin's little baby 3-year-old niece and what looks like a giant man-goddess of nature throwing petals in everyone's faces.  

 

"Your..." Jongdae swirls his wine and sips with a nonchalance Junmyeon knows is shrouding cackling laughter.  "ex."

 

"This is another set-up, isn't it -" Junmyeon groans, wiping his forehead with a guest napkin (with PC & BB embroidered on it). "What makes you even think you can do this to me at MY wedding-"

 

"Byun and Park's wedding, mind you."  Jongdae nods before swiping another napkin off the table.  "These'll look good in my bathroom—anyway, the last time you guys talked it was a mess.  I think you should rebuild some bridges here, trust me."

 

"And besides," Jongdae takes Junmyeon's napkin from his hands and pockets it.  "we've been talking, and he really wants to see you again... you know, see how you're doing.  And not just by what I tell him."

 

Junmyeon swallows his share of wine when Lu Han's eyes catch onto his own, watching the flower crown on his head, heavy and full, seem to glow with a radiance like the ring of an angel.  

 

Baekhyun kisses Chanyeol and, with all his might, picks the man up until he drops - then Chanyeol picks him up and nearly hits into the piano as 'here comes the bride' plays by guitar - as per Chanyeol's request.  Kyungsoo sings 'Nothing on You' and Jongdae encores with 'Best Luck'.  The couples slow dance to 'Moonlight' and all the while Junmyeon keeps watching his best plans carry on —  

As Lu Han approaches him.  And for some reason this time, he's thinking of new plans - of a grand wedding maybe with albino elephants and poi dancers, with Baekyeol the newlyweds crashing and singing - of Kyungsoo slow dancing with Jongin and Jongdae with Yixing - and what's most important, him unveiling Lu Han's flower crown veil, and marrying this absolute angel he's been hiding from, for so long.

When it’s Junmyeon’s turn for song request, he doesn’t hesitate to look at Lu Han, who's eight seats away, as he sings ‘Angel’ softly and waits for the applause to watch the flower boy sway with the audience.