Suspicious

Keep Me Afloat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Why does the pool have to be at the opposite side of school?

Jackson barely walked out of the office as the bell rang, notifying that the mandatory hour and a half of practice was over. He would have gotten out earlier if it weren’t for the office ladies fussing over the new student and offering him a bunch of food. Who could resist free food? Not Jackson, not at all.

The boy ran to the pool, knowing that the contest was going to be after the mandatory sports period from the rumors flying by. His stomach filled with Korean delicacies, slowed him down and eventually he just sped walked, bumping into his lovely fencing captain.

    “Yah, Jackson Wang! Where are you going? Where are the weapons?” Jaebum asked as he was walking out of the fencing room as there was no extra practice for the day.

    “Principal Park is going to bring them up! He told me!” Jackson yelled as he started to run again, not wanting to talk to Jaebum anymore as he knew there was a part of the captain that detested him.

Jaebum watched him run, not sure where to.

Mr. Park is bringing them up? That doesn’t sound like something he would typically do.

 

By the time Jackson sat down at the stands, it was already the last lap. He didn’t have to see the people supporting which lane to know which swimmer was Mark. After watching the swim captain practice countless times, it couldn’t be more obvious who was who. His heart broke, however, as he noticed that Mark was the one losing. The fencer watched as the rest of team shouted with joy as the last swimmer finished. He saw as Mark realized he had lost and his face lost every ounce of happiness.

And then it got quiet.

Jackson watched as he saw a built figure clapping slowly as he walked towards the team.

That’s Peniel right? He must be up to no good.

Jackson kept watching, but discreetly kept his phone out, recording just in case.

Jinyoung noticed Jackson sitting in the stands, but not the fact that he was recording. Suspicious by the boy’s presence, he decided to text Bambam.

 

Jinyoung Sunbae, 2:45pm

I hope the soccer team isn’t having an extended practice right now because I need you to come to the stands at the pool and follow Jackson. He’s being a little suspicious.

 

Lacky Bambam, 2:47pm

I was planning on going out with Yugyeom today, but I guess I’ll do this for you.

 

Jinyoung Sunbae, 2:48pm

Good decision.

 

Bambam made up another excuse to Yugyeom that the other easily believed and followed Jinyoung’s orders to come to the pool, sitting a good distance away from Jackson, not even paying attention to the situation down below.

 

    “Mark Tuan is the…”

“Stop it!” Mark yelled as loud as he could before Peniel could say another word.

The room fell silent as Mark had never yelled that powerfully before. Even when the swim team would misbehave, his volume was nothing compared how loud he screamed at that moment.

Mark got up and walked straight to Peniel. The tears were evident in his eyes and even the swim team members could see it.

    “You promised me! You promised me you would keep this to yourself! Why can’t you at least do this?! Please!” Mark begged as he fell to his knees.

    “Get up,” Peniel hissed, Mark obeying automatically, “Begging on your knees? This is the guy that half of the female population fawns over? Nothing you say will change my mind.”

    “Please, Peniel-sshi! After all we’ve been through!” Mark cried, his hands holding onto the water polo player’s shoulders.

“Your body is so sinful. I can’t get enough of it.”

Peniel’s eyes widened as Mark touched him and his mind flashed to the memories they had together immediately. Instinctively, his fist swung into Mark’s lower jaw. The captain lost balance and fell straight into the pool. Peniel’s breaths became heavy as he tried to calm himself down.

    “Mark hyung!” yelled one of the members as he ran to help his captain.

The members all glared at Peniel, coming closer to him as they all wanted to beat the crap out of him. One of them stood out, however. Park Jaehyung got right into Peniel’s face and stared him down.

    “What the was that for? Was that even necessary?”

    “He touched me,” Peniel played off as he brushed off his shoulders, “I don’t like it when trash touches me. Disgusting.”

    “Get out of here,” Jaehyung hissed as he pushed Peniel, “We don’t want to hear what you have to say either. It doesn’t matter.”

    “Fine, I’ll leave. I’ll just find a better way to expose Mark,” the water polo captain chuckled as he pushed Jaehyung with all his might, causing the junior to topple onto the other swimmers.

Jinyoung caught Jaehyung and brought him back up. He went over to Mark right after and helped the boy who was in complete shock, but couldn’t help but notice that Jackson was no longer in his seat.

 

That ! I’ll get him back!

Jackson walked out of the pool and headed straight towards the office. He was too upset to notice the Thai boy on his trail. Bambam kept his phone in his hand, ready to give Jinyoung updates on where the new student was headed. As they got close to the office, Bambam immediately texted Jinyoung.

Lacky Bambam, 2:55pm

It looks like he’s headed straight toward the office.

 

Jinyoung Sunbae, 2:56pm

You can leave. I’m pretty sure I know what he’s going to do.

 

Jinyoung knew exactly who Jackson was and could use him as a valuable asset.

 

    “Give me the water polo captain’s number. Peniel, I think is his name,” Jackson demanded of Ms. Shin, who was quite startled by Jackson’s appearance as she could feel the anger coming from him.

    “I-, uhm,” she looked around at the other office ladies who encouraged her, “I’ll get it out right away.”

Jackson impatiently waited as Ms. Shin searched it up on the school database. As soon as she gave it and wrote it on a sticky note, Jackson quickly thanked her and headed straight towards his dorm. Bambam was waiting for him as Henry had locked him out of their dorm anyway.

    “Hey Jacks--” Bambam tried to greet in the hallway, only for the boy to slam his door at Bambam, not wanting to talk to anyone.

I wonder why Jinyoung sunbae is so curious about this guy. The way he acts makes me curious about him now.

The boy hopped on his bed and immediately texted the number given to him, trying his best to sound intimidating to Peniel.

Unknown Number, 3:15pm

I hope you haven’t told anyone about Mark’s little secret. Your water polo career is hanging on it. :-))

 

Trash Shin, 3:17pm

Who is this? What the are you saying right now?

 

Unknown Number, 3:18pm

Look. Wouldn’t it be a shame if this video was shown to the principal? Or better yet, the world?

 

Trash Shin, 3:19pm

How do you have this? WHO ARE YOU?

 

Unknown Number, 3:20pm

It doesn’t matter who I am or how I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter