Encounter

Keep Me Afloat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Youngjae fixed his uniform, making sure there were no creases as he waited outside the locker room closest to the fencing room. Knowing that his boyfriend is the captain this year, the boy assumed he would be the last to leave and was fine with waiting. Jaebum walked out after a good thirty minutes of waiting. He was still wearing his workout clothes and quite sweaty, which honestly made the boy look quite y in Youngjae’s eyes.

    “Why are you here?” asked the captain, shocked to see his boyfriend waiting for him, “What if someone sees you and suspe--"

"Hardly anyone’s here and if they are, they’re hard at practice, especially the fall sports because local games are coming up. And besides we live in the same side of town anyway. Why are you so paranoid?" said Youngjae as he pushed Jaebum to start walking.

"You know exactly why," Jaebum hissed.

Youngjae sighed and the two walked in silence. The president wanted to come out already so he can express his love in peace, but Jaebum was scared and as much as Youngjae did understand, it still frustrated him. A part of him felt like Jaebum wasn’t as in love with him as Youngjae was to come out.

"How was practice?" Youngjae quietly asked. The two were far enough from the school campus to walk closer, but they never held hands in public.

"It was great! I was worrying for nothing!" Jaebum laughed, smiling at his boyfriend.

“I use sabre too. How about a quick match with me then? Let us see and test out your skills,” Jaebum offered, trying his best to keep his composure. He tossed a spare sabre to Jackson and the boy barely caught it. The captain noticed how Jackson's hands shook before putting the sabre down, even if it was only for a split second.

I have nothing to worry about.

"I knew everything was going to be fine!" yelled Youngjae, holding Jaebum in his arms out of pure excitement.

"Youngjae..." the fencer quietly said while slowly pulling away.

"I'm sorry. I forgot. I was just excited for you," the boy pouted, "Well my house is right here, so I'll get going."

Youngjae darted away and into his house and Jaebum stood there in shock. They've had many arguments about coming out and showing affection in public before, but it still hurt Jaebum every time because he felt like there was a difference between what they wanted to do and what was best for them. He felt like the bad guy, but he hoped Youngjae understood that he wanted to stare at Youngjae like he was the only thing in this world that matters, hold him in his arms when he's excited, grab his hand whenever he wanted, and kiss him in any circumstance.

But he couldn't.



 

"Mark, I'm going home. Stay safe walking okay?" Jinyoung announced as he walked into the indoor swimming pool room fully dressed with his duffel hanging from his shoulder.

"Go. I'll swim another few laps before locking up," Mark said, shooing his new vice captain away.

"It's the only the first day and you're already working hard. Amazing."

Jinyoung walked out and Mark chuckled as his friend didn't realize how much of an escape swimming was for him. Mark only swam once throughout the whole break and it wasn't for recreational reasons. Being back in the water felt like paradise for the captain and swimming gave him so much energy. Mark quickl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter