Secrets

Keep Me Afloat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Okay, so Eric and Kevin are the ones who live right from my room and Bambam and Henry are the ones on the left,” Jackson explained to himself as he jumped onto his bed.

It was the weekend and the new student decided it was about time to formally introduce himself and get to know the other athletes in the dorm. The other free days he’s had he spent them relaxing or touring places in Seoul. He went to each room, introduced himself, and gave a bottle of vitamins to the two living inside. The four living next to him chatted with him a bit and he learned that Eric and Henry are archers, Kevin is in taekwondo and Bambam plays soccer. All of them spoke English except for Bambam, but he was learning, which was nice.

“Delivery for Jackson Wang,” the teacher announced as he knocked on the boy’s door.

“Coming!” Jackson yelled, running to the door. He opened it and saw his teacher holding a big and long package.

“Sign here and take this,” the teacher ordered, Jackson doing as he told.

The teacher left shortly after and Jackson was nervous to open it as he knew it was probably from his parents, specifically his dad. He slowly ripped off the tape and whatever was inside was covered in bubble wrap, Jackson’s absolute favorite.

Jackson unravelled the packaging only to reveal a sabre, not just any sabre but his sabre. It was custom made to perfectly fit his hand and had a stainless steel and still polished blade and a handle painted a beautiful gold, engraved on it said J.Wang: HK. His most beautiful and prized possession was finally with him.

And he couldn’t even hold it.

He gazed at it in awe and smiled brightly as this motivated him to try to get better mentally and physically. He reached out his hand to hold it but it consistently shook.

“Is that your sabre?” asked Bambam as he walked into Jackson’s room.

The elder was startled and quickly turned the sabre so the engraving wasn’t showing and closed the box. He smiled awkwardly at his newly made friend who laughed.

“C’mon let me just take a peek at it, please?” begged Bambam, pouting at Jackson.

He can’t know where I came from.

“Okay, but no touching. It’s very important to me,” ruled the fencer as he opened the box.

Bambam looked at the sabre and couldn’t believe how beautiful it was. He didn’t even remember Jaebum’s being as gorgeous. He noticed a pink letter sticking out from the side and grabbed it.

“What’s this? A letter from your family? What does it say?” Bambam questioned as he tried opening it, only for Jackson to snatch it out of his hands.

“You.... should go now,” Jackson said coldly, only for the soccer player to apologize for being too pushy and leave.

The fencer locked his room and opened the letter which was thankfully in Mandarin and not English or Korean. Once he read it, however, his mood dropped and he threw the letter away. He quickly cleaned up and put his sabre in his closet and bubble wrap beside his bed.

“I need some air,” he said to himself as he walked out of the dorm, “Let’s get that new phone!”

Bambam immediately went into Jackson’s room which was surprisingly unlocked as soon as he saw him leave the dorm and looked around. He was ordered by Jinyoung to find out more about Jackson and he was going to do just that.

The new kid who was so happy and chipper this morning suddenly became cold over that pink letter. Why was that?

Bambam searched for the letter and found it in the trash. He praised himself and opened it up, only to find it in a language he couldn’t understand, Mandarin. He took pictures of it and hoped someone could translate.

“They’re people too y’know!” defended Jackson.

Jackson’s protecting voice rang in Bambam’s head and he quickly shook it off as he remembered that he was doing this for his good friend Jinyoung. He quickly ran out only to bump into his boyfriend who wanted to surprise him and take him out on a date.

“Why are you coming from there? Isn’t that Jackson’s room?” Yugyeom asked, making Bambam nervous.

“Let’s go to my room first. Henry went out anyway,” Bambam suggested, dragging his boyfriend into his room. He sat Yugyeom on his bed and smiled awkwardly.

“Well?” Yugyeom beckoned.

“Jinyoung sunbae asked me to find more information on Jackson so I went to snoop in his room to find some dirt!” confessed Bambam, only for Yugyeom to get even more upset.

“How long are you going to be acting like that guy’s toy?!” Yugyeom barked, while Bambam just winced.

“I’m just helping him out!” Bambam protested, “He’s my friend!”

Yugyeom scoffed in disbelief.

“Friend?! Jinyoung sunbae doesn’t see you as a friend. The guy has asked you for more than enough favors, some where you had to compensate your own morals! Tell me babe. What has he done for you? What favors have you asked him to do?!” roared Yugyeom as he hated to see his boyfriend act like such a pushover.

“Well, I…” Bambam thought for a moment, “F

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter