Chapter 1

Smile

It had been two weeks since Sooyoung and Soojung have moved in with Junyoung. Rather than hate, Sooyoung felt indifference towards him. So far he had only been kind with them but something was really off putting about him. Whatever his reasons were for taking them in, Sooyoung couldn't trust him. No what she felt wasn't just 'trust'. She knew exactly what she felt but she didn't want to admit it. She convinced herself it was confusion but it wasn't that either.

Sooyoung was scared.

Moving to Seoul was a tad bit sad for Sooyoung even though she was happy to leave that ruthless village or actually the slum it was. Away from all the judgemental people. Away from all the old people who did nothing but gossip. Away from all the people that shamed her sister. Away from all the memories of her parents. Away from everything that hurt them.

_____________

Sooyoung sat on her bed reading a novel she had bought but was unable to finish it because of moving. The book, titled SMILE, was about a girl who had to look after her siblings when they were displaced away from their parents because of a war. Being the eldest, at 15, the girl stood up for her siblings. The book followed events of her life and how she managed to stand up again after crumbling. Even though she was engulved in sorrow and agony, she smiled at her siblings—for her siblings—after a long time. The normal scowl on her face and tiredness was wiped off and replaced with a smile. A reassuring one.

 

'No one stays sad forever so I might as well just smile so I'd prepare myself for when life brings me happiness.'

Sooyoung was touched at that line of the book. Yes I will wait. She thought. Until then, she smiled. A genuine smile after so many years. My new motto in life: smile.

_____________

Soojung seemed to be busy lately, probably looking for a job and Junyoung stayed out really late working so that left Sooyoung alone at home. She was eating ramen(since it was the only thing she could make) and watching TV when she got a phone call. She looked at the caller ID she was shocked. Unknown number.

"Hello...?"

 

A/N: Sorry if this was a short chapter T__T Anyway thanks for reading and subscribe and comment please! <3