Chapter 34 (Hyuna's POV)

Your Love (Effortlessly You Part 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week before the celebration of Jin Seo's ninth birthday and Jessica and Yoona's tenth wedding anniversary, me and my daughter spent long hours in her walk-in closet looking for a dress that suit her taste.

"How about this one? Isn't this your favorite?" I asked while showing her the sequin-embroidered baby blue dress. I was hoping that she'll say yes this time. But to my dismay, Mia shook her head in disapproval. "What do you want to wear? We've already checked all of your favorite clothes. Look at your closet. It used to be organized but now it looks like it's been hit by a storm. Come on Mia. Don't give me a hard time on deciding what to let you wear."

"I want something that will make me look prettier than a princess, mommy. It's Jin Seo's birthday. Our classmates will surely make themselves look pretty especially Ashley. I need to look prettier than them."

I heaved out a long sigh. Did I think like her when I was nine? Was I worrying about my crush when I was her age? I don't think so. This puppy love is gonna make me bald at an early age.

"Princesses clothes are too much for our money to afford. I am not capable of buying something prettier than their dresses. Come on Mia. Just pick one of these dresses please."

"Let's just buy a new one mommy. Anyways my piggybank is already full." Aish! This kid of mine is persistent.

"Okay, okay. Let's slaughter your Mr. Pig so that we can buy a new dress."

When we went to the mall, I faced the same struggle I had inside her closet. She kept on saying no to the dresses including the ones suggested by the salesladies and the store managers. Tired from walking here and there, I decided to take a break first by having lunch at one of the restaurants inside the mall. Mia also look exhausted but still she's eager to find that dress that will make her look the prettiest during the party of her crush.

"You look stressed," a woman wearing a hoodie and a black sunglasses told me. She smiled and removed her glasses before sitting next to my daughter. The woman is no other than Park Jiyeon, Jessica's ex-lover who is in good terms with her as one of her closest friends. "Hello, Mia!" she greeted my daughter who's stuffing with the dessert.

"Hello, Auntie Jiyeon. Want some cake?" Mia offered the remaining strawberry cupcake. Afraid of making her upset, Jiyeon accepted it and thanked her.

"So...what is it that's making you sigh several times earlier?" Jiyeon asked. She's wearing a beautiful smile that can lift up one's mood. "I was occupying the seat behind you that is why I heard it. Is something wrong?"

"My daughter is demanding for a dress that will make her look prettier than all the other girls in Jin Seo's party. I don't know where on earth I can find that. Only Cinderella's fairy godmother can do it but unfortunately she doesn't exist."

Jiyeon chortled and then paid attention to my princess. "Is it t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter