Time Will Tell

Silenced Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiwon entered a convenience mart, to buy something to fill up his empty stomach.

He grabbed a big cup of kimchi ramyun, a small bottle of energy drink, a packet of tuna triangle kimbap and went to the counter.

He took out a few notes from his wallet, about to pay for his late dinner when something had caught his attention.

 

Chococones.

 

Jiwon stared at the snack, before the voice of the shop owner brought him back to the reality.

“Jiwon… do you want some of the chococones?” the shop owner, Mrs. Jang enquired.

Jiwon wrote his replies on a small piece of paper.

“How many boxes left?”

Mrs. Jang smiled.

“The stock had just arrived. I know that it’s your and that uhm what’s the kid’s name? Han..byul? Han...

“Hanbin”

“Oh right. Hanbin. It’s always you and Hanbin’s favourite snack. I wondered where he was. It’s been five years already.” Mrs. Jang stated.

“I will be taking a box of it”

“Sure my dear.” Mrs. Jang went to take a box of the snack.

“The total will be 4000 won my dear.” Mrs. Jang quoted the total amount of money Jiwon had to pay.

Jiwon was confused with the quoted price as he took quite a lot of stuffs.

Jiwon was about to ask when Mrs. Jang had answered his curiosity.

“I will be giving the chococones for free.” Mrs. Jang explained to him.

Jiwon slightly bowed at the elder, before heading to a corner of the shop that was designed for customers to eat their instant foods.

He opened the lid of his ramyun, filled the cup with some hot water and closed the lid, safely securing it before leaving the shop.

He headed to a familiar place.

 

The shady oak tree, where he met Hanbin for the first time.

 

He sat under the tree, opened the lid of his cooked ramyun, and savoured the spicy taste of the irresistible instant noodle.

Finished with the ramyun, he unwrapped the triangle kimbap, another snack that was hard for him to resist to. He dumped the wrapper of the kimbap into the plastic.

His eyes were shifted to the box of chococones.

 

Chococones.

 

The sweet snack reminded him of his best friend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter