Our Own World

Love in The Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyung, he’s gone” Changmin stand in front of my room door.

“w-what do you mean?we have rehearsal tomorrow, who in the world would gone at a time like this?” I keep flipping through my latest cookbook about dumplings.

In one of our talkshow about food, Yunho said that he really like dumplings, i want to surprise him by making that dish.

“but hyung..” changmin pleaded, still didn’t want to step into my room, he know that i’m on my concentration mode.

“just tell Yunho that one of our member gone and let some of people fetch him, is it junsu or yoochun again?” i analyze the situation based on our previous accident, it always those two who make a ruckus about leaving at inappropriate time.

“but it was Yunho hyung who’s gone, nevermind..maybe he just go jogging..or have a party?” changmin finally lose his patience, he shook his shoulder and walk away from my doorstep.

 

I startled at changmin’s information, now is 2pm in the morning

Who in the world would jog at a time like this!?

And if he has a party, he would told me beforehand.

I quickly get up and grab my coat in panic, something must have happened to him.

Last time i see him was after our radio show at 11am, then he’s been gone for 3 hours straight, in the middle of the night! My worries keep growing as i walk onto doorstep and taps changmin’s shoulder.

“don’t tell anyone yet, keep it down. I’ll take him back by morning i promise” he just nodded in silence then without further ado, i run towards front door and put a black hoodie to cover my face.

 

Tonight a little bit warmer than usual, thanks God. That way maybe he will not catch any cold while doing reckless thing. As far as i remember i am always the one who get scolded because of my recklessness or my carelessness, never been once Yunho got scolded because of those reasons.

But i know. I know it more than anyone that he can do those reckless things if he put his mind into it. Not that i proud of him to do this thing, it may be good refreshment once in a while being a little bit playful and rebellious to your agency rules. But not this one, i have bad premonition about this one.

First, i visit his favourite bars but find nothing. I ask the owner maybe he see him but none of them haven’t see him since last week. It is true though..lately we’ve been so busy with our schedule we didn’t have time to go out for drinks.

Second, i visit his favourite bowling place but it was closed at this hour. Then i try to call his 85 club friend, asking if they had a party tonight, but none of them know anything. Moreover they seems to annoyed by the fact that i called them early in the morning, i guess they can pick up their phone at this hour is a blessing to me though.

Next..i visit his favourite cafe, convenient store, gym, a particular park he always jog and every other place he might visit. I realize that there were so many place i already visit and find nothing.

That time i was wearing nothing but hoodie and a mask, so people might not recognize me. But somehow i feel that someone keep trailing me from behind, a chill shiver trough my back.

“sasaeng fans?oh God, no. Not this time. Please please” i whisper to myself, getting into my car then drive as fast as i can. Sasaeng’s taxi keep pursuing me like i’m some criminal.

“please, please go! I need to take care of Yunho..God..please”

I don’t even remember where i was going. After a few turns and accelerating at full speed, i finally able to escape them. I park my car behind a big trailer, then open the car’s window. I sighed, the smell and sound of ocean visiting my senses

“oh, run quite far i guess...” then put my tired eyes to sleep, just for a minute to take a breath.

There was some noise behind the trailer, not far from my car. I curious and decided to see it.

It was morning fish market, how long has it been that i haven’t seen this scenery? People who work had early in the morning to sell their freshly caught fish they got at night, they have work hard and their faces seems happy even though they must be tired.

That how it feels to do a job you love, that’s how it works for me too.

At least not for the fact that our agency was restraining my creativity and put my creation into hold. They don’t want me to show them too much since it will ruin their planning of market, concept, balancing the industry and any other bull i don’t want to hear any more of it.

 

That’s why i decided to break free. And i already promise with him, we’ll go together..the five of us.

This way i can create my own songs, create my own image freely and laugh without getting scared by my load of bull cool persona SM put into me. I am me, the kim Jaejoong who loves to show his true self, you cannot restrain me and my musical creativity. Not anymore.

 

I’m so lost in my thoughts that the sunrise already peeks from sea horizon.

“ah..it’s already morning and i haven’t found him..what should i do? Where do you go Yunhoyah...” i sighed and breath salty air of ocean in attempt to calm myself and think more option.

Wait. Should he be in his parents’ house?

I picked my phone and stare at it for a few minute.

When i start dialling his mom number, a certain familiar sound coming into my ears.

 

“Half price! You can have it at half price! The fish here very fresh! Please come and see them yourself!”

Between old men and housewife who seems busy picking their fish, there was a tall man standing.

He was so tall and he’s wearing a black hat, he busy selling fish and happily chatting with an aunty who seems to have interest in his half price sales.

No wait, how can i not notice that tall figure and that familiar voice

It was Yunho.

I try to calm myself and approach him slowly, my face still hidden below black hoodie.

“can i have this tuna for half price please? My lover reaaaally love seasoned fresh tuna. I want to give him surprise breakfast”

I pointed at one big slice tuna on top of his small table, the crowd really lively i had to raise my voice in order to get him hear my request, but thanks to that he seems to not recognize my voice yet.

“oh, are you cooking for your lover? That’s sweet. I also like seasoned tuna. Let me packed it up for you sir” he lift the tuna and wrapping it happily as if nothing happen.

After a while, he hand out the wrapped tuna to me.

“here sir, wish you have a nice breakfast with your lover.” He smiled at me.

“oh, okay then how about YOU go with me NOW. let’s have THAT breakfast” i drop my hoodie and stare at him. Nobody seems to notice my face so i think it’s okay.

“J-j-jae...!?” he startl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter