Chapter Three

Leap Day

Kim Kyungmi P.O.V.

"Ok, Kyungmi, I know you're like, really freaked out and angry and all. But, I need you two to get along."

I admit, I did feel a bit bad after dumping my barf on him, but he deserved it! Ok, no, it's so gross. I feel so bad. I pouted slightly while crossing my arms. Jin sighed while looking at me. 

"Just apologize to him after he gets out of the shower, that's all you can do," he said soothingly while patting my shoulder. He walked off to, somewhere in this weird building. Well, as they all called it the Administration of Newcomers.

It was a bright gold color, on the inside and outside. It was beautiful, nothing like I've ever seen before. It felt like everything was shining and glimmering like they did in cartoons. The chandeliers was a bright white, that paired beautifully with the gold walls. The marble floor was a cream color with a tint of black. Bin would have loved to seen this.

The sound of a door opening cut off my train of thought. I glanced behind me and saw a very clean looking Jungkook who still held an angry glare upon his face. I gulped.

"Uh, h-hi, Jungkook-ssi," I stuttered out. Get it together! He's the one in the wrong! I tried to play it cool and leaned on one of my legs. He raised a brow. "I, I just wanted to say I am sorry for dumping my barf on your head," I apologized sincerely. Apologizing was nothing hard for me; they were just a bunch of words that were pieced together. My mom always told me 'sorrys' were nothing but words if they didn't mean anything. 

I saw Jungkook's glare harden and he tilted his head. 

"Sorry? You think a sorry fixes the gross contents you just poured onto my head and body?" He claimed while getting angrier at the minute. I grew shocked at his tone and took one step back out of instinct. He took one step forward closer to me and I felt my heart beating faster by the moment. I didn't realize I was walking backwards until I felt my back hit the railing. I flinched at the touch. I turned my head to the left out of fear of being too close to him and also shut my eyes. I felt the presence of him back away slowly. He crossed his arms and smirked; I felt a shiver run down my spine. "Everyone else may welcome with open arms, but don't think I will." I nodded and gulped, avoiding eye contact. He scoffed, which made me look up at him. His glare stared into my soul and showed me that he really hated me. "Just don't talk to me, don't think our groups make us friends. You're nothing like us." Before I could say anything, he was gone. 

Everything that he said went by so quickly that I needed the railing for support. I took deep breaths while clutching my chest. I hated mental stress because I never dealt well with it. I shook it off and walked down the golden staircase. 

Kyungmi, you're in a beautiful building. Let's just have a good time before it's all gone.

I thought these words many times through my mind. I smiled to myself and swiftly walked down the stairs. I ran into one of the boys along the way. He smiled widely at me and waved.

"Oh, Kyungmi! You're here? We were looking for you, it's time you know why you're here," The boy said. I nodded, excited and nervous to learn the real mystery behind where I was at. "I'm Boo Seungkwan! I'm one of the younger boys, but one of the loudest!" I smiled widely at his enthusiasm. I can get along with this guy, he seems nicer than the others. 

"I'm Kim Kyungmi, but, uh, I guess you already knew that," I said unsurely while rubbing the back of my neck. He smiled.

"Follow me, Kyungmi!" He cheered while skipping to the location. I laughed loudly at his antics, but then stopped when we arrived and saw all the boys sitting in one area, including Jungkook. My eyes widened but I didn't have time to worry before I felt myself fall into a comfy yellow chair. Jin and Seungcheol then popped up in my faces while I scooted back.

"Ok, so, what do you wanna know?" They asked simultaneously with an awkward grin upon their faces. 

The atmosphere turned different than before when I asked my next question.

"Where am I?" I asked softly, not completely ready to know the truth, but ready enough. Jin and Seungcheol made eye contact before Seungcheol started talking. 

"Well, to be blunt with you, you're in another universe than you're used to." I clenched my fists. Damn, Bin was right. "Specifically, you're in Htrae. From the others in our group, we've heard you're from somewhere called.. uh, E-Earth? Yeah, Earth. So it's basically the opposite of what you're used to." I decided I would be surprised later and be determined to figure everything out now. 

"Ok, so, why am I here if I'm from somewhere else? Is this somehow tied to all the disappearances on February 29?" I questioned boldly while holding my fists tightly together. Seungcheol tensed while Jin took over talking.

"Well, I'm assuming your birthday is February 29, right?" I nodded slowly. He gulped. "Uhm, well, all the people who were taken over here's birthdays were February 29." I felt all the puzzle pieces fit together when I heard those words. Even though parts of me knew, it felt reassuring to hear the words fro someone else. Jin stood up and then grabbed a handful of guys' bodies and pulled them forward. "All of us are the people who got taken to Htrae." My eyes widened. Them? 

"Them?" I exclaimed in surprise. Jin nodded. "Wait, but there are like, seven of you!" I exclaimed again. Jin nodded.

"Well, someone of us came in pair or groups like Jimin and Taehyung, Namjoon and Yoongi, but Jungkook and I came alone. I came first and he came the second to last, and well, you're the newest," He gestured to the people when he spoke their names while I just raised a brow, barely remembering their names.

I grew silent at the news. I had so many questions to ask them. Did they miss their families? How did they react when they found out? What happened when they got taken here? 

"Look, I know it's a lot to take in, but we're not going anywhere, so ask us anytime you're ready," Jin said while staring me in my eyes. I felt his stare was soothing so I sat down again.

"Ok, and were you with anyone when you, left Earth?" I asked carefully. They all shook their heads.

"Nope, I was taking my morning jog when it happened. I suddenly fell into a garden of yellow roses by my house, freaked me so much since it was like I fell into the universe!" One guy said, who reminded me a bit of Bin with his eye smile. 

"Shut up Jimin, mine was way weirder! I was just playing a nice game of dominoes until when I accidently knocked the first one down, I woke up in a different universe! I didn't even get to finish!" The guy when deep dimples pretend cried and sat down. The two then fought over it. I sighed.

"Jin, how did you get here?" I asked cautiously. He smiled.

"Well, I was gardening in my backyard one afternoon, then after I planted a pink tulip, I just out and ended up here. I assume it was probably more frightening than it sounds because I was the first person who came here." He shrugged. I felt a pain in my heart and felt bad for him since when he left, he must have been the most scared because this was not even around before he got taken. 

"How about you all?" I gestured to the other four boys sitting down and their faces brightened.

"WELL! Ok, so, I was just driving to school, and then suddenly I drove into this universe, without my car! It was weird, it was like I was driving to the end of the tunnel, then suddenly, in a different world!" The guy said who seemed very enthusiastic about everything. The guy next to him with a light, almost grayish brown hair nodded.

"I was just walking to the store to buy some ice cream, and I never made it..." He trailed off it his words and sulked about it. Well that guy is kinda weird. The guy next to him shrugged.

"I was sleeping when it happened, still think this is a dream," He spoke honestly with his hands behind his head. We all sat in silence listening to all the stories of people's misfortune by ending up in another dimension or universe, or whatever. I slowly peeked up at Jungkook. 

"What about you, Jungkook?" I asked quietly. I knew I wasn't supposed to talk to him, but I needed to know. He tensed at his name and looked away from my gaze. 

"Jungkook," The dimple, blonde guy spoke softly. Jungkook ruffled his hair and growled slightly.

"I was cooking breakfast with my older brother, when he left the room, I began cutting the strawberries. But, that's when I somehow ended up here." I gazed sadly at Jungkook, trying not to pity everyone who ended up here like this because I now was a part of that pity group. 

The atmosphere turned lively as the conversation got shifted amongst the boys. They laughed with each other and smiled. But, only I could only think about their families; the people they left behind. Did they have any significant others? Did they have anyone they loved? Did they leave anyone on bad terms? 

I didn't realize I was panicking until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I peered to my right and saw Jin smiling at me. 

"Hey, it's alright. We're all in this together," He spoke with a comforting tone. I nodded with a small grin, trying to make him and myself feel better. I sighed. 

"I have another question," I started. The boys turned their heads towards me slowly. I gulped. "Why were we taken here? Was there a certain reason?" I asked finally. The boys turned to each other with concerned looks on their faces. Jin then caught my eye and he shook his head.

"No one knows an actual reason. I've been doing research the whole time I got here, but I have no leads, no clues, no anything." I grew in fear at his words. 

"You mean there is no reason why we're here? So we're going to be here..." The words got caught in my throat. I took a deep breath and spoke. "We're going to be stuck here forever?" I questioned. The other boys who came here tensed and looked in different directions while Jin stared at me with pity. 

"Well, that's the plan for now. We have nothing to go off of. It's like we were born here, raised here forever. There's no way in getting out, no one has left this place, ever," He explained slowly. He paced back and forth, but smiled when he saw my worried expression. "But, it's ok now. We all have each other." He then gestured at the other boys who sat, not speaking about Earth. "These guys are from Htrae. They taught everything to know around here. This is now our family, this is now our lives!" Jin exclaimed with pride. His smile was glowing, not even a hint of sadness was in it. "Htrae is our home, the people here are now your families and friends, now-"

"But what about our real families?" I interrupted with tears in my eyes. In the corner of my eye, I saw Jungkook roll his eyes and flip his hair to another direction. "What about our friends back home, on Earth? The place we were born, the place that we were actually raised, we can't just let that go to waste." I cried out. I couldn't believe that none of the boys here even thought that way. "Don't you miss your mom and dad? Or even your friends? Someone back home? Don't you want to find a way out of here? I mean, this place is beautiful, interesting, but it's not our home. It's not our universe," I argued, desperation strong in my voice. Jin gazed at me with pity in his eyes. 

"Mi-"

"Don't call me that!" I cried out, more emotionally than I thought it would come out. All the people back home just came rushing to my brain and I started to cry. 

"Seriously, just calm down!" Jungkook yelled while standing up. "Htrae is our home, and your home now, you better get used to it because there's no ing way out! Why can't you appreciated Jin hyung's cooperation with you?" 

"Shut up!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. My vision grew slightly blurry as tears dripped down my chin.  I felt my head throbbing. "You don't know me and I don't know you! We're not a family because you will never understand what I've been through and what I'm feeling!"

"I understand exactly what you're feeling!"

"Then why can't you understand why I am acting this way!" I saw Jungkook run his hand through his jet black hair. The boys watched our fight unravel and looked from Jungkook to me and back. I heard him sigh and the boys around me ignore his anger. I wonder what they all had to put up with because of the guy's anger problems. When I glanced at everyone, they all avoided eye contact like I was in the wrong. He chuckled maniacally and shook his head.

"This would have never happened if a girl didn't come here," He spoke finally. 

"Jungkook, we've been here before-" Jungkook cut Jin off. 

"No, no, and that's all what we're thinking, aren't we?" He looked to all the others guys in the room. "If a girl didn't show up, we wouldn't be having problems in the first place. You're too emotional! You cry too much and question everything!" He accused. I don't know why I was crying at his words when all I felt was anger and fear. 

"Maybe because I care!" I shouted, taking a step forward. "Maybe I'm emotional because I care deeply about those waiting for me back home! Maybe I'm crying because I have people I love back at home, people that I call family, people I call friends!" 

"We all have people we care about at home too, but we've found new people," Another one of Jungkook's friends spoke, the guy who was sleeping when he transferred here. "Yeah, there are people at home who miss us, but why can't we live our lives happily here too?" He questioned, almost mocking me. I tilted my head while trying to see what he was getting at. 

"There's nothing wrong with being happy, but if there are more people being sad about me being gone, I'd rather choose trying to make them happy over me any day," I said confidently. The guy leaned back in his chair and scoffed to the side. 

"We've tried trying, there's no way out." Another boy sighed who reminded me of Bin, but his personality doesn't remind me of him. Bin would never give up like this. He would already try and figure things out. 

"If there's a way in, there's always a way out. There's a weakness in every single person, and a weakness in every single thing. If we try hard enough, we can find it." I felt like I was begging at this point for these clueless boys to understand my words and see my view. 

"What's the point anymore? All the people we love probably forgot about us any ways," One guy spoke softly. He was the one who seemed enthusiastic about everything, I was surprised by his doubt. I shook my head.

"No, no they haven't. I don't know about you guys, but the person who's searching me isn't going to give up." Thinking about him made me grow in confidence and my heart grew fuzzy and I smiled widely, with true happiness and hope. 

I'll be you for now since you're not here with me.

"He is going to look for me, he'll save us, don't worry." They looked around in doubt and unsureness, but I've never been so confident about something I couldn't see in my entire life. 

Bin, come save us, I know you will. 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------

WELCOME TO HTRAE! :)

The introductions haven't ended, actually, they haven't even started but I'll get to that soon, I hope. 

Comment what you think, but I felt this chapter lacked since it was mostly background about the characters.

I'll see you next chapter! :D