Chapter | Seven

Indomitable

 

 

The pack was in full winter mode. All the underground ovens had been dug and lit, the homes sealed, and the extra layers of fabric bought and wrapped around any human limb that stepped out of their home. The only thing left to be prepared, was the mating ceremony.

There weren't anymore suns to pass before the deed had to be done. Ji'Heiv wasn't overly picky on the schematic of it all. She knew, when it came to preparing for the ceremony, that dressing up was involved, a special bath taken to cleanse the body, weaving beads into the hair, and on and on. She didn't need any of it. She had one piece of long hair that hung pass her ear, and it already had beads adorning it. The rest of her hair was cropped shorter than Jongdae's. She bathe regularly, so she allowed the Homemakers to take Jongdae to bathe him, while she washed up in the privacy of her own quarters. Frankly, whatever scent accumulated on Jongdae's skin would be made dimmer from his bath, and that wasn't something she particularly liked.

She already brought her garments, so she wrapped up in that as soon as she was dry. All she needed to do now was wait. Hiru had taken over the duty of attending to the fest they were having after the ceremony. Bigu stayed outside her quarters, while Lau stayed close to where Jongdae was.

She didn't want the dramatics, or the pomp and circumstance. It was a high profile mating ceremony, and she should be relishing in the seeming support that the members of Ederra and other pack members were showing by coming to the ceremony. It seemed like a great bit of wolves had been eagerly waiting for her to start a family of her own. At first, Biga was the only one constantly in her ear about it, but now, she was realizing that maybe members of her home pack and other conquered packs, were in Biga's ear about her situation.

Slowly, she stepped out of her warmed quarters, next to a fur covered Biga who had his hands clasped behind his back.

The chill of the weather ran itself over her skin, before she braced herself against the cold. It wasn't snowing that day, at least, but the underground ovens still burned around the clock, the way she ordered them to. She could see the oven attendants standing by, making the sure the fire continued strongly in the middle of the village. There were more members inside the village than there were of those who actually lived there. Walking from here to there with whatever companion they had brought with them, some others meeting new pack members, while still, others looked on in awe at the well formed village.

She settled next to Biga, folding her hands in a similar manner to his. He kept his eyes up and outward, focusing on the sights in front of him before he greeted her and gave her an appraising look over, "You look feminine," he chuckled.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she laughed, cocking out a hip and crossing her arms in front of her.

"It's just a nice change," he smiled brilliant and white. She knew what he meant, though she still wasn't covered in the traditional paints that would make her stand out more, but the white fabric she wore was more complimentary to her sinewy frame. It wrapped tightly around her , hips and . It was shorter, showing off her toned thighs, and the white made the tan of her skin glow against the winter backdrop.

"Well, I'll soon be back to my loose fitting tunics and darker colors as soon as possible, Biga," she laughed in return.

He didn't respond, instead looking out and over to Lau, who was walking in front of Jongdae. He was leading the Beta over to Ji'Heiv, who would then enter the village center together with her. Once they were close enough, Ji'Heiv was able to see the Beta clearer. He had his dark hair slicked up off of his forehead, showcasing the slant of his worried looking eyebrows.

She didn't want to admit to being unnecessarily nervous, but Jongdae didn't even seem to be trying to hide his.

The two white lines leading from his forehead, over his eyebrows and eyes, and down to the corners of his jaw, were impossible straight. He had the same white slashes that stretched from the middle of his back, over his shoulders and collar bones leading to the middle of his chest. His long neck was adorned with wooden beads of various sizes while his ear held the same earring, gleaming in the sun.

"How still did you have to be for them to get those lines so straight?" Ji'Heiv asked, keeping her eyes focused above his chest instead of allowing them to travel down the taunt lines of his stomach where more white stripes appeared and disappeared under the low hanging tunic wrapped around his hips. He was impossibly slim, all slender muscles and hard lines.

Lau's laughter rang out before Jongdae could answer, "I asked him the same thing!" the Alpha continued to laugh, slapping Jongdae on the back, as the Beta gave a small uncomfortable chuckle.

"I didn't move at all," he answered. "They were very...enthusiastic about me being still."

"Well, I think our Omega no more looks quite dashing in his lack of covering," Lau said aloud, drawing a rumbling laugh from Biga.

Ji'Heiv rolled her eyes, fighting the smile that was trying to take over her lips. She wanted to seem serious, as serious as she could at least, since she would be before all those she conquered. Jongdae was going to be nervous, she could already see it by the stiffness of his shoulders. So she wouldn't rely on him to steadfast, though she would prefer him to be. Slyly, she walked next to him, bare shoulder brushing his. She was happy to feel that he didn't tense up from her touch as she settled next to him.

"There are going to be a lot of eyes on you today. Everyone will want to know who it is that I chose to be with. Do you think you will be able to handle it?" she looked up to him, noticing that he was already looking at her, eyes focused.

"I won't embarrass you, if that is what you mean," he shrugged. "Besides, after we join hands, all there will be is the ceremony dinner. It'll be weird sitting in the front to eat, but I'll just focus on my food."

"I guess that works for me," she looked towards Biga and Lau, signifying that she was ready to enter the middle of the village. "Well, here goes nothing."

~~~

Except it was everything. All of Ji'Heiv's life achievements, seemed to amount to the moment that she decided to mate. No one had ever directed such pleased faces to her, as those wolves surrounding them, while the white thread was tied around her and Jongdae's hands. The symbol fully united Jongdae to her before all of the pack. They had asked one of the older wolves of the Ederra pack to do the honors, and she was very efficient. Ji'Heiv particularly asked for the ceremony not to have all the unnecessary traditions, such as the ongoing ramblings of the life story of the two who were to be mated, or the extra incenses that did nothing but block the natural smell of the wolves.

That was the last thing she needed, Jongdae smelling like incense instead of himself. It would only make mating with him all the more difficult later on. So the Elder on said a few words, wishing them strength and a lasting bond. Then she tied the thread around each of their fingers, looping them together and joining them until the wrist. Then they presented themselves to the pack, turning to face them with their hands held out in front for the majority to see.

The first part of the ceremony was complete. Scanning the audience, Ji'Heiv could see the relieved faces of Biga and Yixing, the happy smiles of Lau and Hiru, and oddly, some admiring glances sent Jongdae's way. She chanced a glance at him, seeing that his head was held high and his eyes were scanning the crowd. From far away he would look confident, but up close, she could see the quirks of his mouth were in an impossibly straight line, that his jaw was clenched and his nose flared every now and then. He was tense.

She remembered what he said about sitting in front of the audience and realized that maybe even this was nerve wrecking to him. What it all meant to be mated to the Head Alpha who had, with a quick glance out to the crowd, well over 250 bodies under her command. 250 bodies who were now, also, under his command if he ever needed to use such power.

He didn't just mate a Head Alpha, he mated an Potentate who had autocratic power, someone who basked in that domineering power, especially when directed to him. Quickly she snatched her eyes away from him, a slight feeling of shame starting at her bare feet. She wasn't a despotic ruler by any means. She cared for her pack, which was everyone she had conquered, but to Jongdae she had only just started letting him breath around her. He probably thought that he was trapped with her now, and that would make the actual mating part of the ceremony awful.

It was fact that she was the dominate one in their uniting. She called the shots, not just for him but for everyone, so that wasn't a surprise that she held the upper hand. He knew he was obliged to listen to her commands, and her demands. No questions should be asked if she wasn't allowing them, and that was that. But Jongdae was her mate now, and not only that. He was no longer an Omega. His status of being a high ranking Beta was returned to him, plus, he was now Head Beta of Ederra and all the conquered packs. He too, could now command and demand respect.

Ji'Heiv wasn't so high and mighty as to withhold that from him. As long as he remembered his place, she vowed that she would try to treat him as someone she was trusting of. Biga, Lau, and Hiru were the closest to her, but Jongdae had to surpass them all, and she would allow him all the opportunities to do so. It was only fair that she did.

A loud cheer erupted from the crowd as the Elder proclaimed them as Head Alpha and Mate. The noise signified that the dinner was to began, as some talented wolves started a nice tune with their wooden and string instruments. Ji'Heiv and Jongdae were to completely eat their meals with their hands tied to each others, signifying a unity in all things. As they sat on the raised and warm wooden platform, the best of the meat was placed before them by Hiru.

They were shortly joined by Biga and Lau, who sat down next to Hiru in front of the platform on the cold ground. All three kept their eyes on their Head Alpha, waiting for her to take the first bite. It was custom for all dinners to start that way, so even the crowd behind who had settled down according to rank, were all eagerly watching. Some in their wolf forms, others still in their human forms.

It was up to Jongdae to feed Ji'Heiv her first bite and every other bite after it, as it was up to her to feed him. She looked to him again noticing that his eyes were staring at the meat in front of him, the bowls of fruit next to the meat, and the small bowl of water. He didn't seem to know which to do first.

"Jongdae," the sound of his name caused him to look to her, eyes wide and eyebrows raised. "A small piece of meat will do first."

He nodded his head, looking back to the meat to pull at it. The texture told him that it was moose, and that whoever prepared it did a great job, because it was extremely tender. Using his left hand, he began to bring the meat closer to her, turning his body as he went to face her as much as possible. She had opened , calmly waiting for him to push the piece inside. And he did so without fumbling or unnecessary clumsiness. She had closed her lips around one of his fingers, and the only reaction that she got from him by doing that, was his eyes following the movement of her lips. Nothing to signify that he liked the action, or that he was shocked at what was happening.

She wanted to roll her eyes at him, because he was making it hard to lighten the mood. They had a whole dinner to get through, tied together, and having to feed one another. She didn't want him to be a stick in the mud the whole time. Quickly, she reached for the meat, tearing at it and bringing it to his lips, "say ah," she said in a dry manner, before pushing the meat into his mouth. He waiting until she retracted her fingers before closing his lips and chewing the food, bowing his head at the same time so as not to have to look at anyone.

The audience made a general sound, now that they had taken their first bites, it was only a matter of time before the food would be passed down through the ranks and everyone would get to eat. Instead of like usual dinners, Ji'Heiv sent the signal for the food to be passed down before they were finished eating. She could tell Jongdae wouldn't relax until all the eyes weren't so focused on him and his food.

She pulled another piece of meat, putting it in front of Jongdae so he could look up, "I'm supposed to feed you next," he mumbled.

"Well I beat you to it, here eat." He did as she said, teeth grabbing at the meat, so his lips wouldn't have to touch her fingers.

"Everyone is eating now, so no one is watching you. All you have to do is feed me, and I feed you. We have a whole meal to get through like this, and the longer you bask in embarrassment, the longer we will be up here," she explained.

He got the point, reaching for the meat again, and doing what he was supposed to. The feeding process seemed to go faster after that, with some smiles being shared, cursory bumps on the shoulder, and even a little teasing on Ji'Heiv's part.

Jongdae could tell something was different with the way Ji'Heiv was treating him, he was just waiting for her to say it. Say those words that would allow him to completely try to be himself.

And she did, "I want you to relax. You're Head Beta now and Head Alpha's Mate."

The words were their, she had said them before, I want us to be friends, but she never told him to relax. He guessed they all went together. He could only relax and be her friend unless he remembered his place. He decided that wouldn't be a difficult thing to do, he had more than enough training remembering his place. If she kept treating him the way she had been doing lately, it wouldn't be hard to relax around her either. So he smiled, a bright and happy smile as he brought the bowl of water to her lips to help her drink. Her other hand cupped his, balancing the bowl on her lips while she took small sips. Eventually, drinking her full, she transferred the bowl to his own lips, helping him drink as well.

They had gotten through a whole meal together, and though he felt like he still had plenty to worry over, his place in the pack wasn't one of them.

~~~

"You did well sitting before the masses," Yixing teased, slightly punching at Jongdae's shoulder. "I'm proud of you."

The Beta felt shame at Yixing's words, knowing that this was what the medic wanted all along, and yet he was so stubborn and plain out mean to Yixing when it came down to it.

"I'm sorry, Yixing. For being a pain-,"

"No need. You've always been a pain, Jongdae. I really shouldn't expect any different," Yixing laughed. "Besides, you're now the Head Alpha's pain and I'm sure she has no qualms about setting you straight."

That definitely was true, if anything it was best Jongdae hovered and stayed slightly behind her at all times like she requested. He didn't know what she would do if he even looked like he would try to move beyond her. Maybe one day he would try to find out, he couldn't help himself in that area. But so soon after being united? Absolutely not.

They were soon joined by Jongin and Sehun. Sehun was quiet, looking on at Jongdae as if to see if he had any problems that needed fixing, while Jongin took to bringing up the mating night and asking completely rude questions. Yixing had to remind the Beta that Jongdae was no longer an Omega, and that it was disrespectful to talk that way in front of him.

Jongdae, who had not thought about what it meant to be of a higher rank, completely blanched at Yixing's statement. He never cared what people said, it was their actions that he found disrespectful. So he quickly told Jongin it was alright to joke around, that he wasn't going to answer him anyway, to which the boy chuckled uncomfortably at, clearly trying to find his place after Yixing's warning.

"Jongdae is still Jongdae," Sehun said. "He is not going to change the way he is because of a title. If you were disrespecting him before, you shouldn't have been, Jongin. He was always ranked higher than you anyway."

"I never disrespected him! And that's easy for you to say, you're an Alpha," the Beta whined.

"Guard dog," was quietly whispered into Jongdae's ear, causing him to jump slightly at the warm air. He turned to the side, already knowing by the voice who it was next to him. Lau was pointedly staring at Sehun who had gotten into a playful argument with Jongin.

"Why would you call him that?" Jongdae asked, already knowing the answer.

"It's what he is. They correctly placed him with the Warriors, that's for sure," Lau shrugged. "Head Alpha wants you by her side. The sun is setting, Alpha's Mate. It's time to earn your keep."

Jongdae couldn't believe Lau had just said those words. He was doing well not thinking about the rest of the night despite Jongin's questions. But Lau just made all his hard work run away from him. After all, giving Ji'Heiv pups was the main goal of her mating. He had just told himself he would be compliant in all things she asked. He had a duty, but for goodness sake, he was hoping it wouldn't be so soon. It seemed he only untied his hands from her for a short while to socialize with some pack members, before he was requested to unite with her in a different way.

He looked around, noticing that some had already left the village, though it was still extremely crowded. He couldn't spot the slender frame of Ji'Heiv anywhere. He didn't see her cropped hair, or her white tunic.

"She is already waiting for you, you just need to go to her," Lau spoke again.

"Are you going to walk me?" Jongdae was stalling. It was a shame, but he was nervous.

"Not at all, this is a journey you must take on your own," Lau spoke seriously, clapping his hand on Jongdae's shoulder and gaining the attention of those near them.

"So I can't journey to my own hut alone, but I can walk to do this sacred thing by myself?" he asked sarcastically.

Lau snickered, "Well actually, I am supposed to walk you. But I don't want to be anywhere near you guy's sleeping quarters. I can see you from here, I'll know you made it there."

Jongdae wanted to use his first rise in power to demand Lau walk him, but he knew that was a cowards move. He only wanted to be walked because he wanted a reason to stall. It was best he went in, and got it over with.

It was just mating...with Ji'Heiv.

There was nothing that should be scary or intimidating about that.

Besides, he was Jongdae with a backbone. He could do it.

~~~

His eyes were locked on her, watching every subtle movement she made. She still had the white tunic wrapped around her frame though she had requested he remove his only covering upon entering her - their - sleeping quarters.

Though he was now sitting, knees bent under his frame while his hands rested over his exposed crotch, he still was cautious. She wasn't releasing her scent into the air to dominate him, nor did he smell an overwhelming scent of arousal. There wasn't anything to suggest that she was ready to mate, other than her request of him to be .

Which he was still trying to understand, why? After he had removed his wrap, she only stared abrasively at his unstimulated s, as if expecting him to have some malfunction with his lower half. It was unnerving, being so openly exposed and obviously judged. Even while he was prompted to wash the paint from his skin, her eyes didn't leave his frame.

But now, after waiting for her to make a move that didn't seem like it would come, he became prudent, trying not to move too much to cause her any unwilling irritation.

Finally she had turned around to face him again, her face passive, and her arms crossed, "Your scent is supposed to help this process," she began. "But even up close, you don't smell aroused."

He swallowed, hearing exasperation in her voice, "Neither do you."

She smiled, a sarcastic stretch of her lips, "I'm trying." She began to approach him, knees meeting the fur as she settled on his side, shoulder brushing his arm. She looked down his chest, eyes settling on the tight muscle that made up his abdomen, and following the dark wisp of hair down to his hands that rested over himself.

"I've never done this before," she spoke quietly.

It was soothing, hearing her admit that she wasn't an expert, "Neither have I."

"It's supposed to be natural," she muttered, already knowing that if anything was going to happen, she would have to be the one to start it.

Not wasting anymore time, she placed a hand on his shoulder as she threw a leg over him, straddling his sitting frame, her thighs warm as they encased his slender hips. She watched his adams apple bob as he gulped suddenly, completely taken off guard by her actions. She forced her own heart to steady, looking at his eyes and waiting for him to meet her stare head on.

Awkwardly, he dragged his trapped hands from between her warm legs, freeing them between their chest and flexing his fingers. She could almost laugh at him, feeling herself relax atop him while he struggled to get comfortable with the situation. Once his hands were no longer in the way, she scooted closer, bringing her heat directly upon him and watching as chills ransacked his skin. He gave into the shudder, eye flitting up to meet hers. She focused on the skin of his touching hers, the look of his face and his parted lips, she tried to ualize herself, hoping it would help her scent produce the right pheromones to induce the situation.

Carefully, she brought her face closer to his, nose dragging across his forehead and down the side of his face, almost timidly she stretched out her tongue, at the quirked corner of his parted mouth. His reaction was instantaneous. He snapped his mouth shut, pulling his head back to look at her. There was shock in his eyes, though she couldn't understand why. She was, after all, trying to mate with him. Recognizing that she needed a new approach, she bent her neck back slightly, encouraging him to breathe in her scent.

It was the first time she felt his nose on her, pressing near her jugular. She wrapped her arms around his back, pulling him closer so she could feel the expansion of his chest against her own as he breathed her in. Her pheromones were finally working, since she could feel his frame physically succumbing in her arms. As his body relaxed, the right parts of him began stirring to life underneath her. While the heat between her legs began to dampen, further encouraging him, her own body loosened, finally creating the right environment for mating.

She tried for his mouth again, successful the second time just brushing her lips against his. He bent his head back, lips parting and encouraging her to press harder against him. She could feel the sharpened points of his teeth dragging on her lips, on her tongue, as she was sure he felt the same from hers. His hands had dropped down, one gripping at her hip while the other dragged under her tunic along her toned thigh. The sudden grip he had on her, was surprising as he lifted up suddenly, stretching out his legs in front of him to sit flat down on the furs. Once she was settled back astride his lap, her hips rocked involuntarily, drawing a choked sound from Jongdae's throat while he tightly closed his eyes.

His facial expression was as satisfying to her as when he showed his defiance, and she immediately wanted to see more of it. Subtly, she rocked again, burying her nose into the flesh behind his ear. She needed to scent him, see what his own arousal smelled like. The heat of skin against hers felt right, and the smell wafting off of him was a generous mixture of his own feeble one, and her more powerful one.

He smelled, for once, dominant.

And it was potent, intoxicating, as it made Ji'Heiv thoroughly heady with excitement. It seemed to have the same effect on Jongdae, as his grip on her thighs tightened. He was keeping himself in his place by not moving his own hips against her, waiting for her to give him a sign that he could. Tensely he was waiting, but still enjoying the slow drag of on his flesh, the slight pinches of pain as she drew his skin between her teeth and tugged. Every change in expression, after she did something that made him particularly delirious, had her quickly looking at him, basking in the pleasure that was seen in his slanted brows, his drooping eyes, and parted lips.

Her fingers scraped along his chest, pass sensitive s, down his constantly clenching stomach, and back up until she pushed him back to lie flat on the furs. He shivered as the heat that was encased between their two bodies opened up to the chillier air. As his dazed eyes dropped down her body, he was suddenly angry at the white tunic that was still wrapped around her, trapping her scent and toned body within its individual threads, instead of letting them free to his senses.

Even still, with the urge to rip the fabric from her body, he kept his hands still, looking back up to her face as she began to lean over his frame. His back arched slightly, enjoying the damp drag of her flesh against him. She was enjoying teasing him, teasing herself in the long run. She knew with one word from her, he would claim her with the might of his rightful ability to do as he pleased with his mate. Her rank was the only thing that seemed to be stopping him and she reveled in it.

She sat up again, unclasping her tunic and allowing it to fall down around their connected hips, as she straightened her back and looked down her nose at him. There were scars he could now see, etched into her sides, and healed slashes across her ribs. Though she had small nicks of skin or her shoulders, arms, and legs, they were decidedly worse across her toned abdomen.

Briefly the question to ask filtered into his mind. But with the removal of her garment, the full potency of her scent wafted into the air, dilating Jongdae's pupils to an impossible extent and causing a deep guttural growl to produce within his throat.

He was testing his limits, trying to see if at all possible, would he be able to touch her further without her permission. She was enjoying holding herself over him, watching him restrain himself from just taking her the way her scent was begging him to do. It was becoming near impossible to hold himself back from her, but her own responding snarl was enough to silence him, though miffed as he was. She swiftly leaned down, her chest resting on his own, mouth encasing his and teeth grabbing at his fleshy lips, "Do it," she muttered quietly, moving her hips in a tantalizing circle whilst continually nibbling at his mouth.

He didn't need to be told twice, as he quickly gripped her hips, holding her still and situating himself to finally join with her.

Ji'Heiv would, after so long conquering other territories, began creating her own pack from her bloodline. She would consummate with her mate, thoroughly fulfilling the need within her to have an heir.

"Do it," she whispered against his mouth again, sealing the deal.

~~~

The furs around him had too much space. They were unlike his furs that were only wide enough for his body, making them constantly warm. So he shuffled a little, stretching his limbs that touched cold places the further he moved. It wasn't until his hearing picked up the constant sound of chewing, that he peeped his eyes open.

Lying on his back, with the top fur covering up to his nose, he turned his head to the sound. Ji'Heiv had three of his jars opened, a hand down one of them as she chewed whatever was in . She was lying flat on her stomach, arched as she supported her weight on her forearms and elbows. He could feel the sleep draining from his mind as he simultaneously was shocked at her eating out of his jars, and remembering just last night what they had engaged in.

They were officially mated, and apparently to Ji'Heiv, that meant she could touch any of his things without asking. That thought stopped the slight thrill of being under the furs with a woman from taking root as he stared on at her audacity. His moving around had finally caught her attention as she shot a glance at him before focusing again on the jar in front of her.

"You're awake, finally," she said around a mouth full of his mangoes. "I thought these fruit would make a good early morning meal. I wasn't wrong."

Jongdae couldn't help the involuntary actions of his mouth as it dropped open at her blatant disregard for being caught red handed with his things. She didn't seem to give an ounce of care. He shifted up onto his elbows, head still turned to the side looking at her, as she continued to keep her eyes focused on her task.

"I wouldn't have minded if you would have woken me to ask to eat my fruit," he grumbled, put out at her actions.

"I wouldn't have minded waking you either," she retorted. "But I decided I didn't need to ask. What's yours is certainly mine. And what's mine is kind of yours."

"Kind of?" he was realizing she was really serious about her request for him to hover.

She had looked over to him then, taking in his disheveled hair, and bright morning skin. His eyes still had a hint of sleep to them, but she would imagine so, seeing how much work he put in the prior night. Otherwise, he had a morning glow surrounding him, and it attracted her.

"Yes, kind of," she answered, tone serious. Her eating his fruit, knowing what it represented to him, was impolite. Even if she was the Head Alpha, she shouldn't just do what she wanted. However, she was fishing for a reaction. It was early in the morning, and the sun had barely risin in the sky, and yet, she wanted to see his reaction to her touching his things. Would she get defiance? Or compliance.

Honestly, she was hoping he would attempt to draw a line, even if there was the obvious chance she would ignore whatever he was saying and then possibly punish him for trying to tell her what to do. She wanted him to try anyway.

"Those are really precious to me," he started, looking her directly in her eyes. "I even made those jars myself."

She looked down to the glass in her hands, noticing the craftsmanship of the containers, "I would have appreciated it, if you had asked me anyway. I know you can take what you want, and you're not obligated to have to ask." He sat up fully, furs pooling around his waist as he continued to eye her, hoping he was saying the right things. Even if he wasn't, he still felt the need to say them, to get off his chest that he won't take being ran over and disrespected, quietly, not even from her if he could help it.

"I know what's mine is yours, and it is. Everything I own is yours, even my body. You can do whatever you want with what you own. But still, asking to use me, to use what was originally mine, it only makes you look better. I'd say yes to you anyway."

Well, Ji'Heiv wasn't expecting that calm explanation, though it wasn't obvious on her face. She was calmly looking at him, boredly looking at him. It was quite unnerving, and she was still eating his fruit.

She learned to not show so much on her face as she grew older, it put those opposite of her ill at ease, which aided in her having the upper hand. Mimicking Jongdae, she sat up as well onto her folded legs. Her front was exposed to the open air, causing her skin to break out with small goose bumps and her s to harden. Jongdae's eyes were immediately drawn to the sight, mouth parting slightly before he snapped it shut and looked back to her face.

Her expression was still serious, she wasn't trying to , she was simply addressing him while sitting taller than he was to show her confidence, "If you'll say yes anyway, why do I need to ask?"

He gulped, her tone challenging even though her question seemed innocent, "You don't need too. You only ask because you are considering me."

She couldn't argue with that, nor did she want to. He had chosen defiance wrapped in compliance. He let her know how he truly felt while explaining that she could do as she wished anyway and he wouldn't fight her on it.

It was a perfect response, one she wasn't expecting so soon after they were officially mated. She wanted to smile, to rejoice, and laugh. Instead, she played coy, bending over closer to him, nearing his face. She watched as his pupils dilated once she was a breath away from him, "Since you suggest that I ask when it comes to your person," she began, eyes dropping to his lips. "Then, can I have a kiss?"

"That's not what I meant," he said, sounding breathless and faraway.

She hummed in response tilting her head sideways and continuing with her coquettish display, "Then what did you mean?"

She watched him swallow, the gears in his brain turning, trying to find an answer that wasn't made so readily with her blatant form of seduction. It was completely different from her the past night. Though she wasn't shy, she wasn't actually flirtatious with him either.

"I'm not so sure," he decided to answer, read spotting his ears, and neck. She gave a small smile at his reply, over all pleased with his responses to her. So she leaned down to kiss him anyway, chastely on his lips before pulling away, "I won't eat from your jars unless I've asked."

Jongdae wasn't expecting her to say that, to comply so easily to his wish. As a matter of fact, he was expecting her to completely ignore what he had said, to distract him with her femininity instead of acknowledge his statements. He also wasn't expecting her to climb atop him. Breathing out across his face as she settled, her breath smelling like his stolen mangoes she had been eating. She pressed her lips to his again, with him responding accordingly as he took her lower lip between his only to, moments later, do the same with her upper lip.

Ji'Heiv wouldn't admit it out loud to Jongdae, not so soon at least, but the delicate way he handled her actions against him, pleased her. True, she wasn't sending out her smell to intimidate him, though she could. But he still held his ground even though she didn't let on that his words phased her. And phase her they did, as she moaned at his touches, sighed into his kisses, and arched against him. She could smell him, that same dominant scent that was wafting off of him the past night, smelling like a mixture of arousal and contentment.

Hopefully, they continued on in such a way. There were so many things that could come up between the present and the future that would be sure to test their new bond. So much she still had to accomplish before she was secure in her settling and mating.

She would be counting on Jongdae to continue to please her in the all the ways she required. Hopefully, he wouldn't fail. And even if he did, hopefully, he would try again.

As she rested on her side, sighing into every motion Jongdae laid into her, she silently recounted. The sun had barely settled in the morning sky, but the day was already off to a great start.

 


 

A/N: I was trying to think of what to write in this Author's Note, but I have nothing. Here, have a cool comment from last chapter:

Trin20k 1 points #6 Apr 3, 2016 7:50:22 "...I also like how she is thinking that a Jongdae who had never been Omega wouldn't be the same, and probably wouldn't suit her purposes. I wonder exactly why though? Would it be because a Beta Jongdae would be too confident, too arrogant, too naturally dominant (when she's the one who must be the dominant one)? Omega Jongdae has learnt to subjugate those characteristics enough to be pliant with her but not too much so as to be weak. Nope, he has a core of steel which she needs in a mate but is just submissive enough to be a challenge but not too challenging..."

See some of you in the comments!