Chapter 24

A Place We Call Home

Somehow, Yoona had talked Yuri into treating her to food again and only a few days from when they took her to a fancy restaurant too. Yuri thought about that on their way back to the Academy but it was slowly replaced by bits and pieces of what Yoona told her about Seohyun and their relationship.

Yoona said that the transition was easy. Seohyun made everything easy for some reason. “She makes me feel safe,” Yoona said. “Like I won’t ever be truly alone.”

Yuri understood why Yoona valued Seohyun’s company the most, knowing how much of a wreck her dongsaeng was after she was abandoned by her partner. But there was something other than that. She could see it in the way Yoona moved and she could hear it in the way Yoona talked. She’s happy and she doesn’t need or want anything else. Except maybe another lifetime with Seohyun. Yuri wondered whether she would ever feel this strongly about another person, or whether she already was.Jessica came to mind and after all these weeks of what she could only describe as bliss, she asked herself if it counted.

When they arrived at their dorm room, she let Yoona go in first and counted to ten under her breath before following to steady herself.

“Sicaunnie, are you here?” Yoona called out.“Someone wants to talk to you!”

Yuri sat herself down on the edge of her side of the bed and rested an elbow on her knee before resting her head on her palm.

“Hm… that’s strange. No one’s here.” Yoona checked her scroll and it greeted her with a blinking message. “Ah. She went out with Krystal, apparently.”

Yuri checked her scroll next and there were no notifications. She huffed in annoyance. “That’s just great. You get a message and I don’t.”

“Unnie, you did leave earlier without saying anything. It’s only fair that she doesn’t leave you a message either. I think this just makes the two of you even.”

“Even? How is this fair? This morning she barely wanted to talk to me then she says she has something she needs to do and I find out that she went out with Tiffany of all people. And then she comes out of the shower and makes out with me! Now she’s not even here! How does any of that make sense? Unless she’s just playing with me while Tiffany isn’t available!”

“Yuri unnie, it’s not—”

+

“It’s not like I didn’t like what happened, okay?”

Jessica waited for Krystal’s reaction while she blew on her freshly done nails. She had finally revealed to her sister what had been bothering her enough to want a sudden salon date.

“Well, you obviously liked it," Krystal said, part of her dreading that her sister would hit her for saying it. But, really, she was just stating the obvious. "Or else you wouldn’t be so agitated by the fact that she just left you after she showered. Were you expecting a continuation?”

“What?! That’s not the point! The point is that she made out with me and did… something. And then she just walked out like nothing happened. I am so not the one in the wrong here!”

Krystal shrugged and she put her feet up on the empty chair in front of her. The woman who did her nails had moved to another client minutes ago. “I’m not saying that you’re wrong, unnie. Just that it sounds that you two have been very… uh, active.”

“Okay. So?”

So… You know what they say. When hormones rage, your brain goes bye-bye. Yuri unnie probably came to her senses after her shower and felt bad about what she did so she left.”

“Are you saying that she regrets it? Are you kidding me?!”

“Oh god…”

+

“Oh god, Krys! Where are you and Sicaunnie right now?” Yoona sent the message and hoped for a quick reply. Yuri was still ranting about how Jessica was being immature for not leaving her a message and Yoona could only nod at everything she said even though the discussion was clearly pointless.

“We had our nails done. Not as relaxing as it sounds. Unnie is going psycho over something that happened to her and Yuri unnie!”

“And Yuri unnie is going psycho over something that happened to her and Sicaunnie!”

“Are you serious?!”

+

“Are you seriously taking her side, Krystal Jung Soojung?!”

“Woah! I’m not taking anyone’s side! I just said that maybe you’ve been sending her mixed signals and she’s confused. You said you two barely talked this morning and then she jumped you. Uh... or you jumped her. Whatever. Even I’m confused. Bottom line is that you two need to talk. More preferably in a place that doesn’t have a bed... Or a table... Or a floor!”

Jessica groaned and ran a hand through her hair. It was a good thing that the polish on her nails had already dried.

+

“It’s a good thing these two can’t get each other pregnant! I am way too young to be an aunt.”

“You think that’s a problem? I don’t wanna have to share them with some kid. They’re my parents!”

“Parents? You guys playing house?”

Krystal tapped the side of her scroll while waiting for a reply from Yoona. Jessica was already picking on the tips of her nails, her leg bouncing up and down as she rambled on about how she was just as confused as Yuri was, if not more.

“Brb! Yuri unnie looks like she’s gonna throw her Mickey Mouse lamp across the room!”

“Oh my god!”

“What happened?!”

Jessica broke off from her ranting and turned her full attention to her little sister.

“Uh, I accidentally clicked on a funny cat video. Sorry~ You were saying?”

Krystal…What. The. Heck. Happened?”

“Eh… If you really wanna know, go talk to Yuri unnie already.”

“I asked nicely, baby Jung. So spill.”

Krystal gulped at the sight of her sister glaring at her but she wasn’t going to back down. Not if she and her periwinkle blue nails had anything to say about it. “Just so you know, unnie, I’m immune to that icy stare of yours.”

Jessica narrowed her eyes in response with no intention of blinking or even batting an eyelash and Krystal stared back. Whether they both intended to or not, the air surrounding them dropped a few degrees and the nail polish bottles next to themclinked as they started to cool, the chemicals inside them bonding together into a tight solid.

“Ugh. Fine.” Jessica did a slight eye-roll while her sister beamed in victory.

Krystal raised her chin and smirked despite the slight fear that shook her core. She was no stranger to her sister’s temper and she was lucky enough not to be on the receiving end this time. “So you’ll talk to her, right?” she asked, just to be sure.

“Yeah, yeah. That’s the logical thing to do anyway.”

“Don’t forget what I said about not talking in place where there’s a bed—”

“Fine! Yes. Done. Let’s get out of here.”

Aaaand you two should probably stand two feet away from each other while you talk.”

+

“Two feet?!”

“Yes, Yuri unnie. Two feet. Those lips of yours can’t cover that distance so you two can finally get some real talking done. Trust me, okay?”

Yuri sighed. She thought the piece of advice was ridiculous. “Nothing is gonna happen even if we stand an inch apart!”

“Oh really? ‘Cause at that distance…” Yoona placed herself in front of Yuri with an estimated inch in between them and raised an eyebrow. “Do you see my point?”

“Tsk. Fine. Point taken.”

+

”Well, what’s the point in keeping my distance if she’s just gonna do what she did again?” Jessica asked as she and Krystal exited the salon.

“I just said that ‘cause I don’t want you two making babies out of nowhere, which will lead to me being an aunt at this very, very young age.”

“You do know that that’s not possible, right? For her and me to make babies, I mean.”

Krystal rolled her eyes, now regretting having mentioned it. “Of course I know that. I meant it as a metaphor.”

“A metaphor? For what exactly?”

“For—Hm…” Rubbing her chin, Krystal realized that it wasn’t a metaphor at all. She really did mean that Jessica and Yuri shouldn’t try to reproduce, as silly as that sounded. “Just go talk to her without making out with her this time!”

There was no response.

“Unnie? Are you listening to me?”

Jessica nodded although still facing forward, focusing on nothing in particular. “If I do want babies with her… would you be okay with that?”

The question came out of nowhere and Krystal didn’t know whether to laugh or raise an eyebrow. “Uh… maybe you should talk to her about your relationship first. We’ll talk babies all you want afterwards, okay?”

“Yeah, you’re right,” Jessica replied in a mumble. She didn’t know where the sudden longing came from or how she could easily picture herself with Yuri and a toddler in a cozy living room inside some house just off the coast. The image dwindled into shadows before her eyes when she felt a hand on her back. She turned to her sister and saw a soft smile.

“Unnie, I’m happy as long as you’re happy. Yuri unnie does bring out the best in you and people like that don’t come along very often in a lifetime. You shouldn’t let go of this one. And besides, she’s too hot to pass up!”

Jessica swore she heard Tiffany’s voice instead of Krystal’s just then and almost flew into a rage but that distinct giggle came from her sister for sure so she reeled the anger in. “Have you been secretly checking out my Yuri?”

Your Yuri?” Krystal let out a laugh and clapped her sister on the back. “Oh my god, you’re so whipped! Chill, unnie!”

Jessica laughed seconds after, now aware of how comforting it was to call Yuri hers. If only it were true…

When they reached the dorm building entrance, Krystal reminded Jessica once more of keeping her distance and to avoid kissing at all costs until she and Yuri had finished having a real talk. Jessica nodded and pulled her sister into a hug. “Thanks for going out with me today even though it’s a little late already.”

Krystal leaned into her sister’s embrace and hugged her back. “Any time, unnie. Good luck! Don’t chicken out!”

After Jessica left, Krysal didn’t waste a second and sent Yoona another message: “Okay, unnie is on her way back. Please remind Yuri unnie to lay off of the kissing for now!”

“Already did. Getting out of here now to avoid another explosion.”

“Omo! Something exploded?!”

“Relax. It was just a bottle of shampoo. Yuri unnie throws the weirdest things when she’s pissed.”

“I wonder why she didn’t throw you…”

“Shut up!!”

+

Yoona snuck out the window at the end of the hallway because she didn’t want to run into Jessica who was on her way to have a talk with Yuri. Although it would’ve been more ideal to have someone else in the room to mediate if needed, she wanted to see whether her teammates could hold off long enough to actually use their lips for talking while unsupervised. She checked her scroll for another message from Krystal but saw a mountain of notifications instead. “What the hell…”

Hyoyeon: Guys? Why is Tiffany sending us pictures of clothes?

Sooyoung: …

Tiffany: I went shopping with Jessi~!!!!

Sooyoung: Oooooh! Did you find anything out?

Tiffany: OMG it was so much fun! Who knew that she loved shopping??!

Tiffany: It’s like she rose from the dead when I mentioned it!

Tiffany: We even got matching underwear!!

Tiffany: Of course I had to get it in pink.

Tiffany: But everyone shush! She doesn’t know that I got it in a different color.

Sooyoung: So you didn’t find anything out! Greeeeaaaat…

Taeyeon: Didn’t you already get those purple ones though?

Hyoyeon: My, my. Someone’s been looking at Tiffany’s underwear!

Sooyoung: CoughCoughKimTaeyeonCoughCough

Taeyeon:I was there when she bought it okay?

Sooyoung: Suuure…

Seohyun: Purple is Taeyeon unnie’s favorite!<3

Hyoyeon: Well that explains a lot…

Seohyun: Taeyeon unnie? Still there?

Sooyoung: Probably went off to steal Tiffany’s .

Seohyun: Unnie? Huh. Maybe she went back to training.

Hyoyeon: Riiiight. That’s what she did.

Yoona: The lovebirds are gonna have their talk soon assuming they have the balls to go through with it!

Hyoyeon: How do you know this??!

Sooyoung: asdsgwegdfhfjhjdsa

Yoona: Arranged it myself.

Krystal: Oh shut up! I helped too!

Yoona: Hehe~

Tiffany: See? Everything worked out!

Tiffany: Eventually.

Tiffany: So they’re gonna“talk” huh…

Hyoyeon: We all know where that leads…

Sooyoung: Oral activities.

Tiffany: Scan-da-lousssss!

Taeyeon: You like it.

Tiffany: YOU like it!

Taeyeon: Whatever. I’m going back to training. Your parents are relentless!L

Tiffany: Awww… But they like you!

Seohyun: Back from doing some research. What did I miss?

Sooyoung: Psh. Yoona’s probably there already. No need to pretend!

Seohyun: I wasn’t!

Yoona: Yeah, she wasn’t!

Hyoyeon: Can we please get back to Yul and Sica FINALLY TALKING????

Hyoyeon: Shouldn’t someone referee or something? In case things get…

Tiffany: Hot and steamy? Heeheehee…

Sooyoung: Krystal can freeze them before that happens…??

Hyoyeon: Oh yeah! Totally!

Tiffany: Hey Krys… <3

Krystal: HELL NO.

+

There was shuffling by the door and Yuri stood up from the floor in reaction. She waited for someone to come in and when no one did, she approached the door and opened it herself. She almost bumped heads with Jessica as the door swung inwards toward the room with Jessica still holding the door knob on the other side.

Two feet. TWO FEET! Yuri chanted Yoona’s precaution in her thoughts and sure enough she needed that distance between her and Jessica if she was ever going to think straight because once she caught a glimpse of those lips she thought of how easy it would be to just keep things the way they were.

“Hi,” was all she could say.

“Hi… Yuri,” Jessica replied. She took her hand off of the door knob and stepped inside. Two feet, Jessica. Two feet. She heard her sister’s voice in both ears and it prompted her to stay by the door while Yuri took a few steps back as if they were both thinking the same thing. Little did she know that they were.

She blinked.. What do I say?

Yuri hummed to herself while balancing on the balls of her feet. . Say something, Kwon Yuri. “You can do it. Just say something.”

“Excuse me?”

“Uh…” Yuri shook her head, embarrassed that she spoke her thoughts without meaning to again. “Never mind. Just talking to myself.”

A small smile crept along Jessica’s lips after she saw that side of Yuri that never failed to get this exact reaction. “You’re such a dork,” she said.

“Yeah, well you’re a jerk.”

Jessica’s smile morphed into a deep grimace and a slap would’ve followed if Yuri hadn’t been standing out of reach. “I’m a jerk?!You’re the jerk! You’re the one who just walked out of here without saying anything!”

“I was upset! Wasn’t that obvious?”

“No, it wasn’t! ‘Cause right before that you were kissing me like there wasn’t anything wrong!”

“And you were kissing me like you forgot that you barely wanted to talk to me this morning!”

“I brought you breakfast! I left because I had training and you were having fun with your friends anyway so I didn’t bother sticking around!”

“You had training? You were out shopping with Tiffany!”

After I trained! God! Calm down!”

“I don’t wanna calm down! You still went with her and I’m not okay with it!”

“It’s just Tiffany!”

“It’s Tiffany! She was probably hanging out with you because she wants you!”

“She what?” Jessica’s voice got caught in because the laugh that threatened to come out was intercepted by her raised tone. “She’s a flirt! She clings on to everyone! Including you! And you still let her get close to you and !”

“Ugh! I already told her to lay off! You know that!”

Oh right. Yet she’s still all over you. Bet you enjoy it, huh?”

Yuri let out the loudest groan she could manage and shook her fists in front of her face, no longer able to form coherent sentences in her head to hurl back at Jessica to match her accusation.

“Did I hit a nerve? So you do enjoy it when she comes on to you!”

“I get flattered, sure. But it’s not like she’s you!”

“What is that supposed to mean?!”

“It means I want you!”

That last syllable echoed within the room, carried over from one point to another by Yuri’s voice. For a second, Jessica thought she had said it instead. For a second, it sounded like it was her voice with a life of its own, bringing forth a truth that she didn’t even know was there.

I want you.”

Yuri heard herself say those words. She knew she said them the first time… but again? She had already pressed her lips so tightly together that it would’ve been impossible for her to have said them a second time.

“Yuri, I…”

“Did you just say that you want me?”

They stared at each other, the distance between them now seeming like miles, only disproven by how clearly they heard what the other said.

Jessica nodded in response to Yuri’s question and she saw Yuri smile. “What? You said it too.”

“I did,” Yuri said, keeping that smile intact. She took one step closer and so did Jessica, almost at the same time.

Their eyes met briefly before both pairs moved sideways, toward…

“Uh, I think we should talk somewhere else,” Jessica said as she looked away from their joined beds.

Yuri cleared , doing the same thing. She knew that if Yoona was with them at this moment she would’ve shooed them out the door by now. Not that that wasn’t the right idea. “Okay,” she told Jessica. “Let’s go.”

+

They noticed the time once they walked out of the room because the hallways were tinted in dim orange. That meant that it was past evening and the emergency lights had already automatically kicked in. They heard muffled voices from the rooms that they passed, sometimes with a bit of laughter and sometimes with the clanging of weapons. Why anyone would be fighting in their dorm room wasn’t an uncommon question in Beacon but it wasn’t their concern at the moment.

Neither of them had said a word since they left, their gazes meeting only from time to time as if to check if the other was still walking beside them. Once they reached the entrance of the dorm building, there was no one else in sight and beyond the glass doors was a moon-less sky.

“Where do you wanna go?” Yuri asked.

“Nowhere in particular. You?” Jessica asked back.

Yuri shrugged. She couldn’t think of a single place that wasn’t the space she already shared with the girl beside her. They returned to silence and she watched as Jessica pushed one of the doors open and waited for her to follow. Once she did, their hands brushed against one another and she felt five fingers fit in between hers. “Where are we going?” she asked.

“Nowhere,” Jessica answered.

They passed the courtyard and then a couple of trees and a stream. They kept walking until they reached a part of Emerald Forest that was no longer familiar to them – a cluster of fallen pillars a few feet away from the remains of what was once a temple.

“I think this ‘nowhere’ enough,” Jessica said as she released Yuri’s hand and sat on the nearest pillar.

“Looks like it,” Yuri replied, scanning the area for signs of movement just in case.

“Relax. The Grimm are gone.”

“I know. Just being careful.”

Jessica giggled against the back of her hand. “Now that’s something I don’t hear from you every day.”

“Well… this isn’t like every day. We even got into a big fight.”

That and we…”

They locked eyes, now feeling that they were allowed to do at least that without maintaining a two-feet distance between them.

“Yeah, we did.”

“So what do we do about it now?”

Yuri leaned back on her palms and felt the coarse surface of where part of the pillar had already broken off. “What do we do about wanting each other?”

“What indeed…”

“Hm…”

Neither of them had any brilliant ideas.

“So… it’s funny how I got jealous of Tiffany, huh?” Yuri said, blurting out the first thing that came to mind that had nothing to do with figuring out where to take their relationship. This was obviously much easier.

“It was kinda funny when you were yelling your head off about it.”

“Sica, I’m serious. When you told me you actually had fun shopping with her, I got angry and insecure. I felt like she was taking you away from me. She could do that, you know? So I lost it and I went too far when we were... you know. If you hadn’t stopped me, I would’ve—I dunno. I would’ve done something you didn’t like. Something that we would both regret. I was jealous. I was pissed. I wasn’t thinking straight. I’m so sorry that I left without saying anything. I just didn’t know how to face you after all of that. You were right. I was the jerk, not you. I’m really, really sorry. But I’m not going to apologize for wanting you the way I do. For being selfish. For wanting you all to myself.”

There was no immediate reply. Jessica was stunned. What could she possibly say to a person who wanted her as badly as Yuri claimed? She had nothing but the blush on her cheeks and the thumping of her heart and the sweat on her palms. And here Yuri was, one of the most selfless people she knew, baring herself as the opposite. What else was she supposed to say to that except:

“I feel the same way.”

“Hm?”

Jessica shifted her body in Yuri’s direction and clasped her hands together on her lap, trying to steady herself as best as she could. “I also get jealous whenever Tiffany hits on you. I can’t even count the times that I almost froze her and that pink cloak of hers for just touching you or hanging on to your arm like you’re hers while I stood there thinking all the while that I should be in her place. I want you that much, Yuri-yah. I want you so much that I almost went out of my mind when you got injured from training and she insisted on being with you every single day! And maybe that was why I came on to you too strong after that dinner with her parents. I just wanted to feel that you really were mine even if all that meant was me being alone with you in our room and losing my breath while we kissed. So I’m sorry too. I was just thinking of myself. I didn’t even bother to think of how you must have felt.”

Yuri let out a laugh and placed a hand on Jessica’s knee. “I didn’t hate it, that’s for sure. So don’t worry about it.”

“Well, we both didn’t hate it, obviously!”

They burst into laughter and slowly returned to the comfort that they felt around one another, a more familiar sense of warmth in this unfamiliar side of the forest.

“Is it just me or did Tiffany sort of have a hand in making us realize these things?” Yuri said as she slid herself sideways toward Jessica’s spot on the pillar, deeming the two-feet rule useless at this point.

“I guess she did,” Jessica answered with her brows shooting upward. “Kinda strange since she has a legit crush on you.”

“That was real? I mean, I had a feeling but I didn’t wanna assume or anything. I just thought she was being extra friendly.”

Extra friendly? She was all over you! I wanted to strangle her at one point!”

“Sica, that’s mean. But I’m flattered that you felt that way. Even though you weren’t fully aware of why.” Yuri lightly nudged Jessica’s side and laughed. “The reason being you’re crazy about me, of course.”

Jessica faked a groan and shook her head before settling it on Yuri’s shoulder. “Okay, I’ll admit that now. But before, I just thought I was being possessive of you as my partner. I guess it’s more than that. It’s been more than that for a while now.”

“Really now? How can you tell?”

“’Cause I care about you way too much.”

Smiling to herself, Yuri leaned in and pressed the side of her head to the top of Jessica’s. “I know what you mean ‘cause I feel the same way.” She found Jessica’s hand and ran her fingertips across the palm before fitting them in between the open spaces. “We’re definitely not just partners anymore, huh?”

“Definitely not,” Jessica said. She cradled Yuri’s hand and closed her eyes, feeling as though she could finally get some decent sleep.

“Hey Sica?”

“Hm?”

“Did you ever think we would be more than just partners?”

“Honestly… yeah, I have thought about it. I actually don’t think I want to be your partner anymore.”

“Wait. You mean—”

“I mean I don’t want to be just your partner.” Jessica quickly lifted her head and met Yuri’s eyes, her pulse jumping frantically from underneath her skin. “I mean that I want us to be something… something more.”

“Then I’ll make it happen!”

The way Yuri said it made it sound like the easiest thing in the world. Then again, at this point in their relationship, it could be.

“We’ll make it happen, Sica. Somehow. We’ll have to start somewhere though—”

“Let’s go out on a date!”

“What?”

Jessica held both of Yuri’s hands and mustered every ounce of courage she could spare to repeat what she just said. “Kwon Yuri, let’s go out on a date!”

“Oh my...” Yuri gave Jessica her usual toothy grin and wiggled her eyebrows. “Someone’s eager.”

“Shut it. This is me making the first move.” Jessica threw Yuri a sharp glare but she looked away a second later when Yuri stared back at her with softest set of brown eyes that bore into hers and past every cell of her being, making her heart thunder in her ears. She cleared just to make sure she was still capable of movement. “Uhm… So what do you say?”

Yuri smiled, amused that Jessica felt the need to still ask. “I’d love to go out on a date with you, but…”

Jessica almost forgot to breathe, a dozen possible reasons for Yuri’s refusal already circling in her head. “But?”

“Only if you let me pay.”

“No. I asked you out so I should pay.”

Yuri shook her head. “Remember when we went out before? I said I’d pay next time and you said yes. This is our next time. So you have to let me pay.”

Jessica let out a sigh, partly due to relief and partly just because Yuri was being a dork. “Fine. I’m not gonna argue with you about this. We don’t need another pointless fight today anyway.”

“Yup! We don’t. Not ever.”

A beat passed without either of them saying anything and the only sound they could hear was a breeze pushing past the leaves of a nearby tree.

“So what do we do now?” Jessica asked.“We’re in the middle of nowhere. It’s past midnight—”

“It’s what?!” Yuri pulled out her scroll from her blazer and saw that it was indeed past midnight. Way, way past midnight. “I am so dead. There’s no way that I can wake up at six-thirty in the morning for training at this rate. Ugh…”

“Then let’s get some sleep. I know I need it. Let’s head back.” Jessica stood up and pulled Yuri to her side. Then she felt a bit of recoil. “What is it?”

Yuri could only smile before putting an arm around Jessica’s shoulders. Jessica did the same and they walked back to their room side by side, their drowsiness nearly getting the better of them as they passed the courtyard. They laughed it off and stumbled past the glass doors when they got to the dorm building.

+

The door creaked open wide enough for light to stream into the room, revealing Yoona fast asleep on a chair.

“Pssst!” Yuri called out from the doorway.

Yoona stirred and her eyes fluttered open after releasing a yawn. “Mmnn… You two are finally back. I assume things went well?” She noticed Yuri and Jessica with their arms around each other’s neck, much like how the three of them played around at times.

Yuri and Jessica nodded in response.

“Sica asked me out on a date!”

“Yeah, but she’s paying,” Jessica said, pointing at Yuri.

Yoona shot up from her seat and tackled her teammates into a hug. “Oh thank god! You two were driving me crazy!”

“We’re sorry,” they said in unison as they hugged their dongsaeng back.

“We owe you,” Yuri said.

“Yeah, thanks Yoong,” Jessica added. “We should get some sleep now though. Yuri has training in the morning and you need to stretch your back after sitting on that chair for this long.”

The three of them got ready for bed, shedding their blazers and changing into more comfortable house clothes. Yoona claimed her usual pillow from Jessica’s pile and settled into her spot in the middle of the joined beds while Yuri and Jessica pulled the covers over themselves.

“There~ Nice and cozy,” Yoona sang. “Good night, guys!”

“Good night,” Yuri and Jessica mumbled in response, already too drowsy to lift their heads from their pillows.

Just when everything seemed settled, the covers suddenly lifted and out came Yoona with a reminder: “Oh. And no funny business by the way. I’m serious.”

Yuri and Jessica nodded without moving from their respective spots.

“Got it.”

“Fine.”

“Just until you two sort everything out for good. Okay?”

Yoona only got groans in response. Oh fine. That’s good enough. She waited a few more minutes to make sure that there really was no funny business going on between the two then she grabbed her scroll from the bedside table and sent Krystal a message.

“Mission accomplished. They had the talk and they’re getting there. Just wanted to let you know in case Sica unnie hasn’t told you. Don’t get mad though. They both got back just now, totally sleepy. Night!”

After the message went through she saw one from Seohyun that was sent hours ago while she had already fallen asleep on the chair.

“I know you’re probably asleep by now since I didn’t get your usual good night message but I still wanted to greet you good night. I love you.”

Yoona smiled to herself as she typed in a reply. She thought twice about sending it, worried that the message would wake Seohyun up.Oh well. I’ll tell her tomorrow.