Chapter 13

A Place We Call Home

The door to the faculty room was open when Yuri arrived. She saw Jessica already making her way toward their friends, which was no surprise since Jessica, more or less, flew out of the training room after her scroll beeped. Which was after she kissed me. Yuri felt dry up at the thought, warmth threatening to creep up her cheeks again. Not that she had already recovered from earlier.

“Sheesh! Took you guys long enough.” Sooyoung rolled her eyes at Yuri and Jessica who hadn’t said anything or looked at each other since they arrived. Something had happened and Sooyoung could only guess what. “Ah! Did something happen during your quote-and-quote training—Ouch!!”

Hyoyeon elbowed her partner’s side and she didn’t care that it was a hard shove. “Dude, shut up,” she said through gritted teeth. “This isn’t the right place.” Her eyes moved toward Professor BoA who was merely observing the exchange.

“. Right,” Sooyoung mumbled to herself.

Professor BoA raised an eyebrow at the two and cleared . “Anyway, I called you all here because we finally think we have a lead.”

Taeyeon’s brows met. “Think? So it’s not a sure thing, professor?”

“Honestly, no. We don’t have concrete evidence that the White Fang is connected to the pattern of Grimm attacks or whether Sunny has anything to do with it. We also looked into the ‘other dude’ that Tiffany mentioned but we couldn’t dig anything up. The one thing we do have is a record of all Grimm army sightings in the past year and some of them coincide with White Fang sightings. It’s not a lot to go on but I believe it’s worth looking into. I did another survey of Emerald Forest and, strangely, the number of Grimm in the area has significantly lessened. It seems that they relocated.”

“Relocated?” asked Seohyun. “As in… there are none of them left around here?”

“That’s right.”

“But that’s impossible! They’re not like animals that just migrate when the seasons change. For as long as we can remember, they’ve always occupied Emerald Forest.”

“Precisely,” the Professor said. “That’s what bothers me. It’s as if they’re all gathering at specific points. And to get to all of them, I have to send different teams to different locations. The upperclassmen have been sent beforehand to thin out the Grimm armies in Vacuo, Atlas and Mistral. I wanted to keep the rest of the students here in case of a surprise attack but the upperclassmen need help. There are far too many Grimm for them to handle and their supplies are running low. It would be unwise to launch full attacks in three different kingdoms while leaving Beacon and Vale vulnerable so I’m sending your teams as a support group.”

Seohyun raised a hand like the diligent student that she was. “With all due respect, professor, I just have to ask: why not send professional huntsmen and huntresses to handle this? And doesn’t Atlas have the military strength to provide support?”

“While you raise a good point, Seohyun, I’m afraid there have been a lot of casualties on our side. And the Grimm…” The professor felt uneasy just thinking about what she was going to say next. “They’ve breached each kingdom’s city defenses. The priority of every huntsman and huntresses out there is to protect the civilians. Some have also been deployed to face the Grimm gathering at the borders but they’re outnumbered even with help from the upperclassmen from every academy. Military forces are also already spread too thin. The Grimm just keep coming. Endlessly.”

Seohyun, for once, couldn’t come up with a reply.

“But why?” said Yoona as if in Seohyun’s stead. “Why are Beacon and the rest of Vale safe from the attacks?”

“I don’t know. I lost touch with the headmasters of the other academies days ago so I have no further intel. I know that this is alarming. Believe me, I’ve been at my wit’s end for weeks. But panicking won’t help. We have the ability to fight back so we must go where we needed. If we’re going to survive then that’s all we can do now.”

All eight of them just stood there, admittedly unprepared for what the Professor just said. The Grimm just keep coming. Endlessly. That was what rang in their ears in a loop.

“Your mission, should you accept it, is to go to Vacuo, Atlas and Mistral. I want Seohyun’s team to go to Atlas—”

Tiffany let out a tiny gasp at the mention of her birthplace. “Professor, my parents are in Atlas. Are they… Are they okay? Have you heard from them?”

“I’m sorry, Tiffany. I haven’t heard from them. All communications with the other kingdoms have been cut. I’m sending your team there because I know that you are familiar with the area. Your teammates are not. I trust that you’ll provide proper directions.”

It took a while before Tiffany could answer. Although Professor BoA told her before that her parents were skilled fighters, she was still a bit worried about them. I just hope they’re okay. “I’ll do what I can, professor.”

“Thank you. Yuri’s team will go to Mistral. The terrain should cater to your semblances well. Vacuo would be too humid for Jessica to conjure ice.”

Yuri, Yoona and Jessica nodded in response.

“That leaves Sooyoung and Hyoyeon—”

“Wait, professor,” said Hyoyeon. “There are only two of us. The other teams have three members—”

“Which is why I’m sending Krystal with you.”

Krystal entered the room at the mention of her name and right when Jessica had her outburst.

“What?! No! No one told me about this!”

“Unnie, it’s okay. I want to help.”

Jessica walked up to her sister and placed a hand on her shoulder. “You can help here. Please just stay here.”

Krystal smiled at her older sister, aware that Jessica was just being her overprotective self. “Unnie, I can fight too. You know that. If I can fight to help then it’s only right that I do. Your friends are short on one member and I’m here now. Please let me help.”

Jessica’s shoulders fell as a sigh escaped her. The mere thought of Krystal having to go against an army of Grimm was enough to make her blood run cold. And not in the she-can-use-her-semblance-to-make-ice way. She was genuinely frightened. Her sister flashed another gentle smile and for some reason she melted at the sight of it. “Okay, fine. I know you’ll just force your way into this anyway.” She turned to the professor, now calm enough to hold a decent conversation. “Professor, if it’s okay, please let me go with my sister. This is her first mission and I’ll be less worried if I’m there to look after her. Also, if you’re sending her to Vacuo then her semblance won’t be as effective either. With both of us there, it might even out the odds.”

“I wasn’t counting on her to use her semblance there. Your sister actually fights better without it.” The professor smiled at the two. “Okay, I will grant your request. I understand how much you worry about your sister, Jessica. If that’s the case then am I to assume that you’ll be taking your partner with you, too?”

Jessica turned around and found Yuri staring at her. She blinked, not knowing what to say. Of course she wanted to be with Yuri. She wanted it so much that she actually acted on her feelings and kissed her. Whatever that meant. She thought she could figure it out later or possibly kiss Yuri again to confirm. What the heck am I thinking right in the middle of a meeting?! She saw Yuri smile at her but it was brief and before she knew it, Yuri was already proposing something else.

“I’ll go with Sooyoung and Hyoyeon. I think they could use the help.” Yuri let out a small laugh. She met Jessica’s eyes again but looked away just as fast. I need to process this. Whatever this is. She knew the mission had to come first but she also wanted to use this as an opportunity to think. She was also slightly worried about Sooyoung using up all of her aura for her summoning, but she won’t ever admit that to anyone.

“Ugh! As if we want you on our team, you dork.” Sooyoung faked a scowl before hugging Yuri to her side with a smile.

Hyoyeon lightly punched Yuri’s arm. “Just don’t get in our way, okay?”

The professor left the three friends to their antics. “That leaves Yoona with Jessica and Krystal then. Hyoyeon’s team will still go to Vacuo. Jessica’s team will go to Mistral. Is everyone okay with this arrangement?”

The nine of them nodded.

“Very well. The airships should be back in two days after the onboard engineers finish their repairs. Let’s just hope nothing else happens to them before then. Take this time to prepare.”

+

After the briefing, the nine of them split up according to dorm arrangements. Jessica walked Krystal to her dorm room then decided on the spot to just spend the night there. Krystal asked if something was wrong but Jessica shrugged it off and claimed to be too sleepy to go back to her own dorm room. The conversation ended with that and a good night hug.

Yuri was too preoccupied to notice that Jessica hadn’t returned to their room. It was Yoona who informed her that Jessica was already sleeping in Krystal’s room after she got the message from her dongsaeng. “Okay,” was all Yuri could say before turning in for the night. She got under the covers, asked Yoona to turn off the lights and everything but it felt like forever before sleep finally claimed her.

The following two days seemed identical. “Take this time to prepare” didn’t really leave them with much choice. They met up with their respective teammates and claimed a training room each. They needed to be on the top of their game and, as Seohyun always says, that would require strategy, practice and teamwork.

Jessica, Yoona and Krystal settled their things on one side of the room. Yoona was far too happy for a training session as she skipped toward the center with a smile on her face while Jessica and Krystal did their stretches.

“You seem bright and cheery today, Yoong,” Jessica said.

Yoona turned around and raised an eyebrow. “Huh?”

Krystal let out a tiny giggle. “You were all emo and stuff last time we were together. Now you’re like… Something. I can’t even think of a word for how goofy and happy you look.”

“I noticed that too. Did something happen?” said Jessica, admittedly a bit worried that her dongsaeng might have hit her head or worse.

“Hm… I’m just trying to look on the brighter side of things. Giving things a second chance like the saying goes.” Yoona flashed a smile then skipped around in a circle again.

“Huh. I wonder who told you something like that,” Krystal said, pressing a finger to her chin. “Was it Seohyun unnie?”

Jessica almost laughed. “Ha! I knew there was something going on with you two. Maybe Yuri and I were right.”

Yoona rolled her eyes, purposely ignoring what Jessica said. “Well, speaking of Yuri unnie, something happened with you two again, huh?”

Instead of a reply, Yoona got the cold shoulder (no pun intended) and Jessica went back to stretching. Yoona wasn’t surprised. She walked up to Krystal, still with her wide grin. “Man, this is gonna be fun, Krys!! We get to work together and it’s your first mission too!”

“You sound like we’re just going on a fieldtrip.” Krystal returned the smile but it wavered the second after. “Aren’t you nervous?”

“’Course I am! But I’m a bit excited too. Probably ‘cause I get to Mistral for the first time. Besides, I get to be with you and Sica unnie.”

“I actually thought you’d be upset because Yuri unnie won’t be with you guys.”

Yoona bit on her lip for a second. “Hm… I guess that is a bit of a bummer.” She turned to Jessica who had stopped stretching and was flicking through her scroll. “Hey unnie! Are you okay with Yuri unnie not going with us?”

“Huh?” Jessica lifted her gaze but only because she heard Yuri’s name. It took a while before the rest of the question registered with her. “Of course I’m okay with it. She can do whatever she wants.” She said that a bit too fast for her own liking and she hoped neither Yoona nor Krystal noticed that she was hiding something, particularly the fact that she was worried that Yuri left their team because she was upset about the kiss. It wasn’t even a real kiss! Was it a real kiss? I only reached her cheek for goodness’ sake. Does that even count? God! And now she doesn’t want to be on the same team as me?!

“Unnie? Still there?” Yoona waved a hand in front of Jessica’s face. “Are you okay? Your face is scrunched up like you need to fart or something.”

“What?!” Jessica sent a frozen needle in Yoona’s way and Yoona was quick to move her head to side. The tip missed her cheek by an inch.

“Woah! If you wanted to start training already then why didn’t you just say so?”

Krystal tried to get in between the two. “Uh, I don’t think that’s what unnie meant—”

Yoona claimed her weapon from the floor and got into position. “Krys, please distract your sister with those arrow things while I attack her.”

“What?”

“Just do it!!” Yoona took a big step forward and lunged at Jessica while bringing her weapon down in a diagonal slash.

Jessica leapt back in time. “You started it!”

“Started what?” Another slash then another. “You were spacing out and I just said you looked like you were about to fart!”

Jessica caught Yoona’s attacks with her kotatsu. The clanging from the collision rang in her ears. “In what universe is that an okay thing to say, Yoong?!”

“And in what universe is it okay to throw sharp objects at your teammate?!”

“Ugh!” Jessica kept her blade raised in defense. “I’m sorry! Just please stop attacking now. This isn’t what we’re supposed to be doing for training.”

Yoona pulled her naginata back, its blade now facing the ceiling instead of Jessica. The latter also lowered her weapon. “Heh. Gotcha unnie.” Right when Jessica let her guard down, Yoona swept Jessica off of her feet with the dull end of her weapon.

Jessica let out a sigh after she fell to the floor. “Fine. I deserve that.”

Krystal ran to her sister’s side and held out her hand. “Are you okay, unnie?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Jessica took her sister’s hand and pulled herself up. “Lesson number one: never let your guard down with this one.” She gestured toward Yoona with a thumb over her shoulder.

Yoona let her chin rest on the same shoulder a second after. “And never tell your sister that she looks like she’s about to fart.”

“Noted. Can we get to the real training now, though?”

Things got serious after that. Yoona and Jessica taught Krystal their team formations but they altered some of them to accommodate Krystal’s long range attacks in place of Yuri’s frontal assaults. After a bit of target practice while in formation, they decided to have one-on-one fights and then two-on-one fights until each of them had a turn. Yoona found the Jung sisters particularly amusing when they fought one on one with their semblances. Without giving too much away, the training room turned into something better than a winter wonderland. Better and deadlier. Yoona had to stand by the door to keep herself from freezing. Two-on-one against the Jung sisters, on the other hand, was ironically hell. Yoona barely made it out of the fight alive.

“Tired yet?” she asked Krystal who was leaning on the wall, trying to catch her breath.

“Not a chance,” went the reply and a slight laugh.

“That’s one thing you don’t have in common with your sister then.” Yoona pointed at Jessica who was lying flat on the floor with her arms and legs spread out.

“Is it just me or did she seem off today?”

“I think so too. It won’t be good if she’s still distracted when we leave for the mission.”

Krystal’s expression morphed into one of worry. “What do we do then?”

“First,” Yoona walked over to Jessica’s spot, put an arm under her neck and then under her legs, and lifted her up, “we take sleeping beauty here back to the dorm.”

“Wow,” Krystal mumbled to herself as she watched Yoona carry her sister with ease. Yoona didn’t seem to have heard it. “And then what do we do?”

“You’re going to treat me to some food because carrying your sister is exhausting,” Yoona replied with a laugh. Jessica didn’t even stir.

“You wish.”

“Fine, fine. We really should let her rest, though. She’s been pushing herself for weeks now.”

“I heard. I got worried when she took that blow to the shoulder.”

“We all got worried. But she’s healed now. Yuri unnie wouldn’t dare hurt her on purpose. That idiot would die before she does anything bad to your sister.”

“I kinda had a feeling that would be the case, too. Otherwise, I would’ve beaten Yuri unnie up for what she did.”

Yoona smiled and adjusted Jessica’s position in her arms as she got ready to head for the door.

+

In another training room, Hyoyeon was giving Sooyoung a lecture.

“I forbid you to use your summoning.”

“You forbid me??” If Sooyoung’s eyes could jump out of their sockets at will then it would’ve already happened in reaction to what Hyoyeon just said.

“You run out of aura too fast and we’ll be up against an army. You have to last longer than usual, okay?”

“You’re exaggerating! I can so last as long as I have to in a fight!”

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes at her partner then turned to the figure behind her. “Yul, will you please tell her that she spends too much aura because she’s an impatient idiot?”

There was no response. Yuri was just about finished wrapping her hands in their usual hand wraps.

“Yul? Hello?”

After Yuri was done with the hand wraps, she removed them again, rolling them over two fingers. She looked like she hadn’t blinked in hours.

Hyoyeon turned back to her partner. “What the hell is wrong with her?”

“Maybe she broke her brain again,” Sooyoung whispered in reply. “Like that time when she ate too many spicy rice balls then gulped down my coffee because she thought it was iced tea and she just screamed and screamed until she passed out.”

“Then Sica stuck an icicle in .”

“That’s the one. Wait. Why are we still whispering?”

“You started it, you idiot!” Now back to her normal speaking voice, Hyoyeon walked over to Yuri and tapped her on the head. “Kwon Yuri! Anybody home?”

Yuri looked up at Hyoyeon, pausing from re-wrapping her hands for the nth time. “What? Is it time to beat you guys up yet?”

Hyoyeon raised an eyebrow and let out a loud gasp. “I am so gonna ignore the fact that you said that just now but only because I know you’re distracted and it might be because you’re brain-damaged. Did you hit your head or something?”

“No,” Yuri replied, but judging from the headache, she might as well have hit her head. Maybe I’m over-thinking this Sica thing. “So can we just start training now? It’s been a while since I fought with you guys on my side.”

“You’re the one who wanted us to beat you up that one time, remember?”

“Yeah, yeah. And you guys weren’t even that good.”

Before Hyoyeon could reply, Sooyoung had already heard enough. “THAT DOES IT!!”

Out of Sooyoung’s shadow came Suri, Mori and Bori – large and dark, eyes glowing blood-red and growling from the back of their throats, baring their fangs.

The hounds charged at Yuri, following Sooyoung’s will. Yuri threw punches only with her wrapped right hand, intercepting each hound’s attack with right hooks and uppercuts. She knocked Bori over first because he was the slowest and the heaviest. Suri and Mori attacked next and at the same time. Yuri blocked Suri’s tackle with her right arm then quickly released a frontal kick that staggered the hound. Using the momentum from her first kick, she swung her leg backwards and caught Mori’s belly. The smallest of the three flew a few meters above the ground before falling to the floor. While Yuri was waiting for Suri to mount another attack, Bori had recovered and was raising a huge paw, aiming to hit Yuri from the side. Yuri met it with her unwrapped left hand and, with a bit of force that escaped her body, sent Bori straight up to the ceiling.

“Woah…” Hyoyeon said as she watched Yuri use her semblance for the first time in a long, long while. “So that’s what she does.”

Yuri was too focused on the fight to hear Hyoyeon marvel at her semblance. Mori had already recovered and it spun forward in mid-air like a buzzing chainsaw. It was headed right toward Yuri’s head. She raised her left hand in time to deflect the attack with another wave of force and Mori spun backwards in response then fell to the ground, disoriented. Suri rushed to Mori’s side then growled at Yuri, its fangs growing larger and its jaw trembling in anger. Yuri took a step back, giving herself room to dodge when needed. Then her back hit something hard. Before she could turn around and evade, Sooyoung continued to with the head of her axe before following through with a sideways slash. Yuri caught the axe’s head with her left hand then flashed a toothy grin at Sooyoung.

“Yuri! What the hell—”

Yuri tried to focus on using just enough aura to disarm Sooyoung but Suri pounced on her from behind and she fell on her face. She quickly rolled onto her back to evade another attack but she was already met by a full set of fangs, ready to sink into her—

“Sit.”

Suri retracted its fangs and sat, as Sooyoung commanded, on Yuri’s frame, leaving only Yuri’s face exposed.

Yuri let out a breath and laughed, not even bothering to escape from under Suri. “Not bad.”

“Still think I’m not that good?” Sooyoung stood over Yuri and pointed the axe at her.

“Depends. How long do you think you can keep this mutt on me?”

“As long as I want to.” Sooyoung’s breathing got heavier seconds later and she leaned on her axe for support. Bori and Mori ran to her side in a blur.

“Yeah, right. I can feel this little doggie getting lighter, Soo. You used too much aura again.”

Hyoyeon walked over to her partner and patted her on the back. “See? You use up too much aura, too fast. No summoning during the mission, Soo.”

Sooyoung called the hounds back into her shadow, dropped her weapon then lied down with Yuri on the floor. “I can handle it. If I eat enough, my aura can be replenished faster.”

“Are you crazy? You plan on eating in the middle of a fight?”

“Uh… yes?”

“Gosh, you’re an idiot…”

“Hey! I was born this way so there’s nothing we can do about it!”

Hyoyeon ran a palm down her face, desperate to end yet another ridiculous discussion about food.

“You should help me pack our snacks after training, Hyo,” Sooyoung said, beaming.

“Fine! But not too many steaks. I swear, they’re too heavy!”

Sooyoung thanked Hyoyeon with another smile then turned her head to face Yuri who looked a little bit tired herself. “So I guess all that training with Sica paid off, huh? I saw you use your semblance.”

Yuri smiled after realizing that she really did manage to use her semblance. “Yeah, Sica is…” Amazing. “A really good trainer.”

“Oh I bet that’s not all she’s good at.”

Yuri sat bolt upright and the blood rushed to her cheeks just as fast. “What? What is that supposed to mean?” Oh no, oh no! Do they know about the kiss? Did they hear me talking to myself about it like a creep? Did Sica tell them? Did they see us in the training room??

“Relax! Jeebus! I just meant she’s also good at talking you into things. You wouldn’t have started training if she didn’t convince you, right?”

Yuri slowly released a sigh. “Right.”

Hyoyeon tapped Yuri on the head again. “Okay, enough chit-chat. My turn to kick your , Kwon Yuri.”

+

The airships arrived at dawn a day late with hangars half-filled with injured students and some of the crew. It was a good thing there weren’t any severe casualties. The three teams boarded their respective airships but only after they said a round of “good luck” and “see you later.”

Taeyeon, Tiffany and Seohyun made themselves comfortable once they boarded. Not that there was anything comfortable about flying to what was technically a war zone. Even Tiffany was unusually quiet all throughout the trip.

And when they landed in Atlas, she walked off without word.

“Tippany! Where are you going?” Taeyeon called out.

Seohyun tugged on Taeyeon’s sleeve. “I think she’s worried about her parents.”

Taeyeon released a sigh. Of course she knew that. “It’s not like I blame her but we do have a mission here.”

“Yeah. I’ll go get her.” Seohyun took two large steps forward before she switched to jogging speed. “Tiffany unnie! Wait!” She grabbed Tiffany’s hand the first chance she got. “Please wait.”

Tiffany paused when she heard the familiar voice but her eyes were glued to the buildings that stood before her, covered in dark soot, no longer towering over her like she remembered as a child, their broken remains scattered by her feet. It was then that she realized that she was going in the wrong direction. This was the way to her childhood home, but that wasn’t their destination. “Seohyun? I’m sorry. I spaced out. This isn’t the right way. Let’s go.”

“Unnie, we understand that you have your own concerns. Maybe if we finish the mission earlier, we can go back here to look for your parents.”

Tiffany managed to smile. “It’s so unlike you to propose that we go against orders. But I like it.”

Seohyun returned the smile. “I think a certain someone is rubbing off on me.”

“Sssshh! Don’t tell your Taeyeon unnie! She’ll totally go psycho on me.”

The two laughed at the thought of Taeyeon hulking out.

“Okay. I promise not to say anything,” Seohyun said, holding out a pinky. Tiffany hooked hers onto it and that was that.

Tiffany led the way to the rendezvous point which was just outside the city. They ran into a few of their upperclassmen and some other students they didn’t know. No one asked them any questions and they were immediately invited to join the fight.

“Rose petals…” Taeyeon gathered some to into a pile with her foot. “That munchkin must’ve been here.”

“Who?” asked Tiffany.

“She means Ruby from Team RWBY,” Seohyun explained. She leaves rose petals behind when she uses her semblance.”

Tiffany placed a hand on her hip and raised an eyebrow. “What exactly does she do? Act like a flower girl at a wedding?”

“Careful with what you say, Tippany,” said Taeyeon. “That girl is fast. And she has a scythe. And a red cloak that’s way easier on the eyes than that pink disaster you insist on wearing.” Taeyeon snickered at her own insults.

“Careful with what you say, TaeTae.”

Taeyeon’s snickers turned into gasps when she felt a bit of aura leaving her. “I’m sorry! Please don’t drain me in a city full of Grimm!”

Tiffany deactivated her semblance and smirked at her victory. “Good girl. I like it when you beg.”

Taeyeon could only groan.

Once they got serious with the fight, they employed the strategies Seohyun came up with. Tiffany created a dome as she walked and adjusted its size depending on the targeted Grimm. Once they were stunned, Taeyeon teleported to their location and finished them off with swift slashes and a good gutting. For bigger Grimm, Tiffany created even bigger domes that they got stunned in. Taeyeon rushed in to drag her out of the inevitable dog pile then Seohyun’s attacks came one after the other from afar, raining down on the Grimm like a torrent of bullets.

“Man! When the professor said ‘endlessly’ she meant it! Where are all of them coming from?!”

Tiffany had to stop to take a breather. She bent forward to clutch her knees—

“Look out!!”

The next thing Tiffany knew, she was in between a building wall and a sweaty Taeyeon.

“Whew… You should… you shouldn’t stop in the middle of a fight… like that,” Taeyeon said in broken breaths.

“Thanks.” Tiffany felt a bit stupid that she let her guard down. “We should check on Seohyun, too.”

“She’s fine. She’s far from this chaos. Just how I like it.”

“You really do worry about her, don’t you?”

“She’s my best friend. Of course I worry about her.”

Tiffany couldn’t help but smile at that. “Who would’ve thought that you were such a softy?”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. She was a softy but Tiffany didn’t need to know that. “Shut up.”

“I think it’s cute. Really.” Tiffany cupped Taeyeon’s cheek and wiped some sweat off with her thumb. She didn’t notice that she smiled again and this time her eyes turned into crescents.

Taeyeon was the one who noticed the eye smile. Then came the realization that she had Tiffany against a wall, too close to her own body and too close to touch. She eventually felt that she needed to take a step back. “I think the coast is clear. We should go back. I think I saw one of Seohyun’s scouts just now.”

“You’re cute when you’re embarrassed, too.” Tiffany giggled, honestly amused by how Taeyeon reacted.

Then Taeyeon just disappeared.

“Yah!! Don’t leave me here!” 


Note:

Hey guys! whoamongyoulie from livejournal here. I'm the co-author. I also posted the chapters in my journal and in soshipops just in case you guys also want to read the fic over there. Updates will be posted every 3 days. That's two chapters per week! Thank you for the comments. Keep 'em coming. We appreciate the feedback!