Chapter 4: Thoughts, Feelings, Decisions

A Worthy Fight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuna collapsed onto her bed, completely tired after the exhausting work. She had to continuously stretch because she was experiencing achy muscles and yet, she was still thinking about the two certain people. And since Seolhyun was fixedly peering at her the whole time, she had to bear Seolhyun's glare on herself and that forced her to make a decision between 2 options: to inform Seolhyun about the photos or persuade Hyejeong to talk to her partner. 
Well, that was Yuna's problem. She cared a lot more than she was supposed to. Although Seolhyun and Hyejeong's problem had nothing to do with her, she mused about it so much that it nearly influenced headache. Just then, she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. She took it out to reveal that she had one unread message from Hyejeong, who asked her if they could have a small talk. Although Yuna was massively tired, she replied with a short positive message, letting the other girl know that they could talk anytime - and exactly 3 minutes later, Hyejeong was already in her room. For the first few minutes, they remained so silent that they could actually hear each other's breathing. 
"Did you think of what I said?" Yuna broke the silence. Hyejeong nodded shyly, while clasping and squeezing her hands together - something she did every time she was nervous or uncomfortable. 
"So? Are you going to talk to her?" Yuna questioned. Hyejeong only sighed and looked around, as if trying to say something but being unable to. 
"Hyejeong..." Yuna sighed heavily and leaned forward. "I'm the one who sees Seolhyun and I do notice the changes in her mood. Believe me, the way you treat her affects her in the worst way...-" 
"Eonni..." Hyejeong sputtered. She was speaking with her head lowered down and her voice coming out low and quiet - it was weird for Yuna to watch her, since Hyejeong was recognizable for her cheerfulness and laughableness. Hyejeong slowly took an object (a photo) from her pocket and passed it to Yuna, who carefully examined it. 
"This is..." Yuna raised her brow in some kind of commotion. The photo was a self-cam picture of Seolhyun with the same guy in the previous photos by her side. 
"I found it in her locker. She keeps it as something so important and precious to her..." Hyejeong stated, her voice shaking with heartsore emotions and chagrin. Yuna gazed up at her - although Hyejeong was facing another direction, her eyes sparkled with tears and one blink would be enough to send them racing downwards. 
"Listen, I'm sure there's an explanation to this--" 
"Come on, what explanation?" Hyejeong cut her off, her voice still shaking, more with anger this time. Usually, she was really good at holding her tears back, but she couldn't stop a pair from streaming down her face at that one moment. She shook her head, wiping the tears from her face with the back of her hand. "Everything is obvious. She just.. did it." 
"You don't believe that, do you?" Yuna speculated, narrowing her eyes. "You still haven't talked to her about this because you're afraid it will turn out as the truth. Because you don't even want to believe it." She paused for a moment. "You trust her, Hyejeong. You can't deny that." 
Hyejeong remained silent, unable to speak because of her chin quivering. At last, when she managed to take control over it, she sighed and replied. "Whatever. I think it's time to move on." 
Yuna's eyes widened as she understood the meaning behind Hyejeong's statement. 'No way!' She silently told herself. She perfectly understood that Hyejeong loved Seolhyun and the latter did the same; a break-up was the least likely thing to happen to them. 
"Do you realize that you're trying to give up on someone you can't go a day without thinking about?" She swallowed hard. 
"That's the point." Hyejeong said after a long pause.   
"That sounds so egoistic." Yuna reckoned. "You just want to get rid of your fear of losing her and that's why you abandon her."
"Are you defending her? After all this?" The taller girl demurred. Yuna only raised the photo in her hand and made it visible for Hyejeong to see. 
"We don't even know who he is." She pointed at the guy in the photo. "And we won't know if you just don't talk to her." 
"Don't you think she'd tell me if he was no one special? She went to meet him and didn't even tell me about it. And she keeps this and I don't even have the slightest idea of who he is." Hyejeong deprecated, snorting and crossing her arms in a scornful way. 
"If she were cheating indeed, she'd most likely feel neutral when you first started ignoring her. Instead... she's suffering more with every passing minute." Yuna countered. Her voice was calm and placid, yet it expressed pity. That made Hyejeong think for a moment, and she said nothing in return. 
"Hyejeong, just talk to her before making such decisions." Yuna went on without waiting for Hyejeong's rejoinder. Still hearing nothing in return, she collected her thoughts and focused her sight on her interlocutor. "And if you won't do that... I will." 
In fact, Yuna had no intention of doing so - she just wanted to quicken the process of bringing the two to talk to each other. She was the only person in the whole group who knew about the problem and she certainly felt burdened by that, but as an elder, she just wanted to help them and prevent them both from making unnecessary decisions. Meanwhile, Hyejeong only looked at her in something akin to wonder. She didn't start protesting or demanding her not to get involved in their own problems, instead, she only suspired and looked down, once again reflected on Yuna's advices. 
. . . 

Seolhyun was already in the room,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter