Chapter 1: Memories [Part 1]

A Worthy Fight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seolhyun was half-sitting on her bed after a long, tiring day at the set. She kept thinking about Hyejeong who was currently away from her: the main reason behind their separation was AOA CREAM's activity(-ies) in Japan. They had their Japanese debut some time ago and they had to stay in Japan for some time because of the promotions. But what bothered Seolhyun was not mainly the separation itself but their relationship: they were having a not-so-sweet time right before Hyejeong left. They had a long talk before Hyejeong left, though it didn't seem to help much: as days went by, Hyejeong's full-of-love type of messages that also included notes of concern, such as "don't forget to eat well~" or "don't overwork yourself and sleep tight, okay?" would lessen and she stopped calling Seolhyun for no specific reasons, just to say she missed or loved her, and she also ended calls as quickly as she could or just didn't answer them, blaming the tight schedule later. Knowing that Hyejeong was a caring, gentle and serious (if needed) type of a girlfriend, and she always made sure Seolhyun was feeling alright and took a good care of her, the way Hyejeong was acting distant lately worried Seolhyun and made her question herself if Hyejeong still had feelings for her. 
What's more, the more Seolhyun replayed the latest memories, the more she kept blaming herself, finding herself guilty in making their relationship spiral downwards. 

[Flashback] 

While removing the sheets from the bed, Seolhyun kept overthinking her girlfriend's latest actions. There was nothing negative or weird in her behaviour, but one thing subjected Seolhyun to a terrifying anxiety for sure: Hyejeong's recent closeness with a fellow team-mate, Chanmi. They'd frequently hug, encourage each other, hang out... and each time, the feeling of jealousy would slowly grow into Seolhyun's skin, filling her senses - and even though Seolhyun felt somewhat guilty for having such feelings about her best friend and her girlfriend, she still couldn't help herself. Suddenly, she felt Hyejeong's hands gently caress her back. Hyejeong wrapped her hands along Seolhyun's waist and connected them just before her belly, resting her head on Seolhyun's shoulder gently.
"What are you thinking about?" She spoke softly to Seolhyun's ear. 
"Oh... nothing. I was just waiting for you." Seolhyun faked a smile and turned towards the taller girl. She wrapped her arms around her and kissed her tenderly. It seemed like Hyejeong believed her and they moved to the bed as it was already late; but even when they were lying in the same bed next to each other, jealousy would not leave Seolhyun's mind. 
"Eonni." She said while running her finger tips over Hyejeong's flat tummy. 
"Hmm?" Hyejeong had already closed her eyes, ready to sleep, though she was caressing Seolhyun's shoulder with one hand that was hung around Seolhyun's neck. 
"How are you guys doing?" Seolhyun asked, as calm as possible. "I mean, working on the sub-unit..." 
"Uhm, fine? Why are you asking?" 
"Umm...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter