Prompt #3: Show Some Skin

Xiuhan Daily Drabble Challenge

Prompt #3

“What are you doing?!” Minseok looked down in horror. Luhan’s hand was on his thigh, pushing his shorts up a few inches, flashing a patch of pale skin.

“Hitchhiking.” Luhan stuck his thumb out, wagging it in the air for…no one to see.

They hadn’t seen a single car in the last half an hour, the country road seemingly abandoned by everyone but themselves and a few noisy squirrels.

“You really think that is going to work?” Minseok sighed at his best friend. He was tempted to smack Luhan’s hand away from his shorts. A flash of his thighs would likely cause the next car to speed up, not give them a ride to the next town down the road.

“Yeah. You are pretty hot, why wouldn’t this work?” Luhan stared down the long and winding road, hand still on Minseok’s leg.

“Stop it!” Minseok slapped Luhan’s hand away, stepping back a few feet as he let a loud groan escape his lips.

“Should I flash my legs?” Luhan asked, teasing the edge of his cargo shorts.

Minseok looked at their car, a Toyota Corolla with over 120 thousand miles and a flat tire. Why hadn’t they gotten a rental car like he had suggested? Luhan’s beat up maroon ride had given out two hours into their road trip, in probably the worst place it could die. There was no cell phone reception, the mountains blocking all wireless.

“No.” Minseok resigned himself to leaning against the car, watching Luhan jump around like a car would miss him if he didn’t keep moving. It was more likely Luhan would collapse on the side of the road without ever seeing a car.

“What if I take my shirt off?” Luhan asked, playing with the hem of his Metallica t-shirt, threatening to peel it off.

“NO!” Minseok screeched.

“Fine.” Luhan gave up his idea or stripping, putting all of his energy into holding his thumb out towards the desolate road.

Minseok let out a sigh of relief. The last time he saw Luhan without a shirt it hadn’t gone the way he wanted. Not at all. In fact it had been a disaster, complete with haphazard hickeys and a morning full of regret.

Not this time, he told himself. Not this time.

“We’re just friends,” Minseok mumbled.

“What?” Luhan asked, turning away from the road to give Minseok a wide eyed glance.

Minseok waved his friend off, flicking his hand back towards the road. Not this time. Definitely not this time.