My Best Friend

For You, I'll Always Be There

---

“Hurry Woohyun-ah!! We’re going to be late to our own graduation!!” You said as you ran out of the car and ran to the stadium hall where you and Woohyun’s college graduation was taking place.

 “Araso HwaYoung-ah, Just run!!!” He laughed as he pulled your hand and ran into the hall.

 

 -12 years ago- 

 You were playing by yourself with your doll house in your living room when your mom and dad came home.

"HwaYoung-ah, we are home sweetie!” Your mother called.

“Omma!!!! Appa!!!” You cheerfully got up and ran to the hallway. You abruptly came to a stop when you saw unfamiliar beings at the door way.

HwaYoung-ah, I want you to meet my best friend ” Your mother introduced. “This is Nam MinHee, my best friend from high school. I ran into her today at the supermarket near your grandmother’s house and I wanted you to see her! “

“A-annyeonghaseyo ahjumma, my name is Lee HwaYoung.” You said remembering your manners your parents taught you.

“Hi there honey! Wahh, HeeYoung-ah, you taught your daughter so well. I wish my little Woohyunie would be the same.” MinHee said looking at her son.

“Aniya, Your son is so handsome and cute!” Your mom said entering the house.

“Please Come in!” Your father said inviting the two strangers into the house. They walked passed you and into the kitchen to get some tea. You ran to catch up behind your dad.

“Appa, who is that?” You said pointing at the boy who looked the same age as you.

“Him? His name is Woohyun, and he is going to be your friend from now on. “ He said as he tapped your back.

‘Friend? How is he my friend when I don’t even know him?’  You thought as you stared at him. He turned to see you staring at him and he smiled and waved. You quickly looked away and ran back to the living room to continue playing with your dolls.

“What the- You are 8 and you still play with dolls?” You heard someone laughing behind you. You turned around to see no other than Woohyun.

“Yes, I do play with my dolls. Do you have a problem with it?” You said as you made a face and turned back to your doll house.

“Nope. Hey, You know what? Let me play with you!” He said as he sat down next to you.

‘Is he crazy? One second he made fun of me for playing with my dolls, then he starts playing with them? ‘You though as you gave him a look.

“What, Do you have a problem with it? “ He asked smirking. You shook your head and continued to play.

As you were having a fun time playing with your dolls, you started hearing snipping noises. You turned around and you saw your nightmare come true.

“AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!” You started screaming your head off. Woohyun was cutting your doll’s hair into weird lengths. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY DOLLS!!?” He busted out laughing.

“What happened HwaYoung-ah??” Your parents and Woohyun’s mom came running in. By then your eyes were filled with tears and they were streaming down like a flood.

“That STUPID BOY is cutting my doll’s hair!!!!” You said pointing at Woohyun while bawling.

“Aigo Woohyun-ah, do you always have to embarrass me when we go out of the house!” You heard his mom yell.

“What? I was just trying to help HwaYoung's make the doll prettier. “He said laughing as he shrugged his shoulders. His mother shook his head.

HwaYoung darling, I’m sorry for what my pabo son has done to your precious doll. Hopefully you would forgive him for his wrong doing and I will gladly buy you a new doll.” Woohyun’s mother said as she pet your head.

You nodded but you gave a death glare to Woohyun.

For the rest of the time Woohyun and his mom were there, You stayed by your mom’s side, frequently giving Woohyun dirty looks and sticking your tongue at him, but all he would do is just laugh. You were at peace when they finally left.

“I’m sorry dolly, I promise you will never see that monster again.” You said while you hugged the doll to sleep.

-Next Day-

You were sitting in your classroom when the bell rung and the teacher came in.

“Class, I would like you to meet your new classmate. He came from another district in the city and I would like it if the class welcomed him warmly. You can come in now young man.” The teacher waved him over to come into class. You looked to see who the new kid was. You could not believe your eyes.

“Hello Class, my name is-“

“MONSTER!!!!” You said as you looked at him in anger.

‘How in the world is he in this class?!?!?!?!’ you thought.“Now HwaYoung, you know better than to call people names.” The teacher chided.

“Oh, Hi HwaYoung-ah! Wow, you are in my class!!” Woohyun said smiling.

“You guys know each other?” The teacher asked. Woohyun nodded.

“Yup! Were best friends!!” He said cheerfully.

“That’s great! You can go have a seat next to HwaYoung since her seatmate desk is empty.”

“NO Seongsengnim!!” You said terrified. No way you were sitting next to that monster.

“Now HwaYoung, that’s no way to treat your friend. Now sit down and be quiet and show some manners.” The teacher said and began with her lesson.

“Hi, HwaYoung-ah, we meet again.” Woohyun smiled evilly.

“Why are you here?! Don’t you live far away near my grandma’s house? “You said pissed off.

“Were you not listening to anything our parents were discussing? Well probably not because you were too busy staring at my handsome face.” He said smirking.

“WAS NOT!” You said too loudly that everyone in the class turned around.

HwaYoung!!! See me after class is over. Understood?” The class giggled.

“Dae seongsengnim~” You said as you gave another death glare to Woohyun.

“Like I was saying, my mom decided to move here because she got a job here and your parents helped us get the house next door. We’re going to be neighbors pretty soon.” He said smiling.

You sighed and slammed your head on your desk.

‘How worse can my life get?’ You thought.

From that day onwards, Woohyun stuck to you like glue. He would tease and joke around with you. At first you were very annoyed and frequently shooed him away but day by day, you got used to it. You didn’t love it, you did hate it. You didn’t deny that he was in fact your friend.

Middle school came around the corner and there was no lie that you were getting prettier and prettier. Of course you didn’t notice it, but the rest of the school did. Even Woohyun thought so.

You were passing the school gates on your way home walking by yourself when a group of boys 2-3 years older than you came up and surrounded you.

“Y-yes?” You said scared.

“Hey, You are that HwaYoung girl aren’t you?” One boy said looking you up and down.

“Hyung, she sure is hot for a 7th grader!” One boy said.

“Wanna hang with us? We’re going to go play for a little bit.” Another said.

“N-no thank you, my mom wants me home so-“You said starting to walk the other direction.

“Whoa whoa, you are not accepting the offers from the almighty jjangs now are you?”  

“I-I need to get home.”

“Don’t worry; we’ll get you safely home!” He said smiling mischievously.

“SHE SAID NO, DIDN’T SHE?” You heard someone yell behind you.

“W-Woohyun-ah…” You said running behind him.

“Who the hell are you kid? Her boyfriend or something?” They mocked.

“What if I am?” He said protecting you behind him.

“Who the hell do you think you are, talking back to your sunbenims?” One said pushing his chest.

“I am Nam Woohyun, a guy who doesn’t appreciate jackasses like you who treat ladies as objects.” Woohyun said pushing back.

“W-Woohyun-ah!! Let’s just leave! We don’t want to cause any more trouble.” You said trying to pull him back.

“Yeah, boy, listen to your girlfriend and save yourself from embarrassment.” They said laughing.

The next moment was a blur. Woohyun swiftly took down the group of guys in a matter of minutes. All you could do was cover your mouth and stare.

“Yeah, save myself from embarrassment right?” Woohyun said smirking at the bodies on the floor.

“Woohyun-ah!! Why did you do that!!?” You said running up to him.

“This is what I get for saving your ?” He said playfully.

“N-no, Thank you Woohyun, but why did you have to beat them up?”

“I can’t stand it when people mess with you, you know? You’re my best friend, I gotta protect you.” He said smiling.

“B-best friend?”

“Yeah, of course. You’re my best friend HwaYoung-ah!” He said smiling and ruffling your hair.

‘Yeah, I like how that sounds..’ You thought as you smiled and grabbed onto Woohyun’s arm.

“Thank you my best friend! “ You said as you both walked home.

From that incident, you no longer saw Woohyun as your frienemy and thought of him as your best friend. You no longer needed to act tough or be on the lookout because Woohyun was always there for you no matter what. Yes, sometimes it got annoying because he would never let any boy around you, but you loved him for always being there. He was the shoulder you could always lean on.

-----

Annyeong Readers!! ^^ I have finally updated the first chapter! How do you like it so far? This is to show how close Woohyun and you are^^ Hope you dont get confused or anything! If you have any questions, please leave a comment or PM me and I will gladly answer! ^^

I would appriciate comments!  Please let me know that you want me to keep writing :D So that I get motivation :) Plus, comments make me update faster^^

Here are a few Presents! kekeke ;D