A little Myungyeol angst ^^

Bits and Pieces

His mind contemplated as his fingers clamped around the sweet drink on the table. He stared at the man in front of him wondering if he should punch him and leave all the while hoping the pain would at least a little bit emulate the way he felt years ago. 

He hated him, but he doesn't know why he still wanted to envelop him in a tight hug and never let him go.

"How are you?" The taller  man dared to ask and Myungsoo could only stare at him incredulously. How was he? How dare he ask after what he did. Myungsoo was lost, confused and hurt. Should he tell him the truth? Tell him he's not okay and that he missed, misses him. 

"I'm happy." Myungsoo lies. He doesn't want to give the man sitting across the table the satisfaction of knowing that he had left a permanent scar in his heart. He didn't want him to know that he was broken and it was him who broke him. 

"I'm glad," the man smiled and  Myungsoo hated himself for letting one smile make his heart skip a beat. He hated the man even more for wearing the same gummy smile he always used to greet him with many years ago. He hated that his doe eyes still sparkle with child-like innocence  and he hated how he was still so damn beautiful.

An awkward silence surrounded the two only interrupted by small conversation here and there. Myungsoo wanted to leave before he broke down and he made a show of looking at his watch moving his head and arm unnaturally "look at the time. I'm sorry, but I have an appoint-" Myungsoo paused. He looked up and saw a flicker of disappointment in Sungyeol's eyes. He was the one that left him so why does he feel guilty. He shook the thought away"-ment" he finished.

"O-oh okay," Sungyeol stuttered giving him a sad smile, "It was nice seeing you again." Sungyeol stood up and gestured for a handshake. Myungsoo ignored it and gave him a small smile and a nod fearing that the small contact would give him away. 

Myungsoo left, walking coolly feeling eyes bore a whole in his back. When he knew he was no longer in sight, he ran towards no particular direction. He ran as fast and as far as could and when he could no longer run, he broke down and cried all the pain resurfacing, all the dark days that molded into a blur flashing through his memories. He cried. He cried until no tears were left and all he could see was black. 

The next few days for Myungsoo was hard. He hated Sungyeol yet he had a strong desire to go back to him, to forgive him. He was pathetic but he loved Sungyeol so much and he wanted him back. He denied it at first but it didn't take long for him to accept it. He loved him as much as he did before if not more. Sungyeol wasn't his first relationship but he was his first love. He thought he would also be his last. 

He wanted him back. He was determined to make it work again. He wanted them to be together so with a deep breath, he dialed Sungyeol's number. He didn't know if he was doing the right thing and he was still doubtful, hesitant to press the call button. He took another deep breath but as he was about to finally press the green button, his phone rung. 

The caller ID read: .