001

Blissful Seconds.

It had been 2 days since the visit from the Oh’s family. The answer is definite; she accepts it even if the contract does not exist. Even if the contract stated the length of the marriage to be 2 or 3 month, she accepts it. Subin had been so excited from receiving the phone call from an old man who called himself Grandpa Oh last week. He talked about Subin’s grandfather, his best friend from childhood to his late 20s. How they both went through thick and thin together, from playing war between themselves and the neighborhood kids until they got involved with the real war itself. How they fall in love with the same girl from the all-female school not far from their all-boys school but ended to share their lives with someone else.

If only Grandpa Oh knew something about her parents and talk about them…

Then he talked more and more. Reminiscing his good old times with his best friend who Subin never met. Subin just let him talk, concentrating to every details and picturing the events as it happen in front of her eyes. It’s good to know a little something about her family even when the subjects of her parents she know Grandpa Oh knew nothing about would never reached.

Grandpa Oh said that they got separated during the war and never met since then. Did his best friend still alive or died serving the country, he had no idea. But for years he’d been searching the descendant of his best friend all over the country and found one finally.

Then the reason of his phone call started to arise.

“Before the war gone bad, we made a promise, or a will to be exact. We would marry off our first grandchildren to each other. Thank goodness Ju Hyeon first grandchild is a girl” at this he start to laugh while on the other line, Subin almost dropped the phone she’s holding

“I still have the paper you see, as a proof. And also our last picture from the war.”

 

 

The conversation brought the Oh’s family to her small house last 2 days, except that the person she’s expecting to come didn’t show up. Surprisingly, the Oh’s first grandchild did, together with his parents and a young girl with different surname.

“My girlfriend, Jeong Hyejin.”

“Isn’t it too outdated for marriage by will? It’s the 21st century for god sake!”

“Honey, as much as I want our son to be married to someone up to his class, I can’t afford to see father’s hope got shattered.”

“That’s why I came up with this `contract’ idea. I mean, really, Sehun and I been planning our marriage for years and I won’t let that will destroy it.”

As much as every bit of their words hurt Subin deeply inside, she is happy.

“I finally got a family on my own.”

That’s all she’s been holding to say out loud.

 

Subin reread the contract for the last time. 5 month and that’s it. Too bad she only get 3 month to live as predicted by the doctors, but prediction is still a prediction. Living and dying, sick and healthy are all in God’s hand. Who knows maybe at the end of her 3 months a miracle would happen that lengthen the remaining period, or even better, her disease get healed completely.

 

She sensed how her future husband, Oh Sehun hated the idea of the contract marriage. When the Oh’s started to leave and he’s the last one going out, Sehun grabbed Subin shoulder and whispered to her ears with full hatred, “You know if you just decline the will grandpa wouldn’t really mind. I’m not willing to waste 5 month living with you while you enjoying your time spending dimes for thing you never had. I mean, really, is this home for the homeless?” and at that he snickered, before he spat. “Do. Decline.”

 

I’m not gonna waste this chance. 3 months with a family I’ve been longing to have rather than 3 months in the hospital” Subin said to herself before she pressed the call button with Mrs Oh name on the screen.

 

 

 

subscribe, upvote and comment and I'll update the next chapter tomorrow ^__^