Dream

Dream of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “Hard night?” Jongin asked a very sleepy Chanyeol in front of him. The two are currently in the library for a last minute research before their next class, Greek Mythology.

 

            “Uh-huh...” Chanyeol yawned, trying very hard to concentrate on the page he was reading.

 

            “You should take a nap, hyung.” Jongin suggested. “You look like you need some serious sleep. I'll take care of the rest.”

 

            “No. It's fine Jongin-ah...I'll just...” The older mumbled before totally dozing off.

 

            Jongin slightly shook his head in amusement as he watches the older snoring softly.

 

            Falling, falling...

 

            Chanyeol jerks awake in his seat as he felt someone shaking his shoulders. He blinked his eyes to adjust from the sudden brightness.

 

            “Hyung, it's time for class. Let's go.” Jongin informed him.

 

            He was still in the library.

 

            He nodded his head before following Jongin outside the building. Heart still pounding from the recent dream.

 

 

 

           

            The cafeteria was bustling with students during lunchtime. Chanyeol and Jongin were seated in their usual table along with their other friends.

 

            “Chfanyeol-ah, haf you bfeen sleepfing werll?” Jongdae asked, mouth stuffed with food.

 

            “Don't speak with your mouth full.” Minseok smacked the latter's head making the boy choke on his food (cue Minseok's worried and flustered actions coupled with lots of I'm so sorry, baby.).

 

            “Seriously Chanyeol, what's happened to you?” Junmyeon asked worriedly. “You look so pale and those bags under your eyes are no joke.”

 

            “Yeah hyung, you look like one of those zombies in The Walking Dead.” Sehun joked. “Are you planning to audition without telling us 'coz I'll accompany you if you want!”

 

            “Hush, maknae!” Junmyeon slapped Sehun's arm slightly, making the maknae pout.

 

            “Hyung's been having this weird dream- scratch that- nightmare for a week already.” Jongin munched on his third piece of chicken. “I've been telling him to see a sleep doctor or something but he won't listen.”

 

            The other guys started talking at the same time and it's making Chanyeol's head hurt.

 

            “Guys! I'm fine, alright?!” He blurted out with tinge of irritation in his voice. His friends stopped talking and just stared at him worriedly.

 

            “Really. I'm fine.” He said softly this time. “It's just I'm so stressed lately with all the school works and stuff.”

 

            “Thanks for the concern but I'll manage.” Chanyeol quickly stood up and left the cafeteria after a soft See you guys tomorrow.

 

 

 

            Chanyeol finished his composition with a relieved sigh. He looks at his digital clock.

 

            12 midnight.

 

            He lazily stood up and stretched a bit before diving into his mattress. He feels so tired and wants to sleep. He closed his eyes and drifted to dreamland.

 

            Chanyeol stirred from his sleep. He is awake but still closed his eyes, feeling his surroundings. He was surprised that he slept all night and the nightmare never came.

 

            He sighed happily and opened his eyes but his brows furrowed in confusion when he sees dark clouds instead of his usual beige-colored ceiling.

 

            “You're awake. Well, not really.” A soft voice said beside him.

 

            He sat up abruptly and started scanning his surroundings. He is in a meadow, obviously not his room, with dark clouds looming above and soft breeze playing with the trees from afar. I'm still dreaming.

 

            He looked to his side and sees a petite male sitting crossed leg within a safe distance from him. They studied each other in silence.

 

            The said male has jet-black hair, droopy eyes delicately lined with kohl, and rosy lips. He looks slightly paler than usual but it suits him. He is clad in all black: shirt, tight jeans, and sneakers. He could pass as a very attractive person but a certain trait is giving him away. The latter has black, leathery wings folded behind his back.

 

            The whole ensamble should scare the wits out of him but he was more amazed than scared.

 

            “Who are you?” The taller asked.

 

            “My name's Baekhyun.” The smaller smiled, he stood up and sat in front of him; their knees touching. “And you're Chanyeol.”

 

            “Uh, yes I am.” Chanyeol chuckled in amusement.

 

            Seconds of silence passed by and they just stared at each other.

 

            “I should be waking up by now, right?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter