Beyond the Maze

Loquet {Hiatus}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After taking a hot shower, Kai felt the weigh in his shoulder lifted off and he had a fresh mind. Although the throbbing in his head wont stop, at least he could open his other eye.

Walking out, he saw Chanyeol leaning against the wall, with a cup of hot coffee in his hand. He felt Kai’s presence as he smiled to him and lifted his cup.

“Are you ready?” Someone suddenly voiced out, which was Sehun's, coming out from a room, a necklace with black beads linked in his other hand. 

“Ready for what?” Kai asked back, eyeing the necklace as it looked beautiful for its simplicity and Kai had always been fond to the color of black.

Sehun sat on the dirty wooden floor, completely neglecting how unsanitary it was, “To remember.” Kai still couldn’t help the disgusted look on his face, until Sehun voiced, “Shall I remind you that you chose this place?”

“No need to, because I am now contemplating on why I chose this kind of place when I could’ve chosen a secluded villa instead,” Kai walked his way to Sehun, who was sitting comfortably.

“You do know there’s a possibility you’re sitting on something gross.”

“Unfortunately I know but I don’t really care, Kai.” Sehun then patted the spot in front of him, commanding Kai to sit. Kai, neglecting the disgust, sat slowly but looking down once in a while.

“Before we start, I need you to tell me what you remember from your dream,” Kai cringed at the mention of his dream. 

Every hour spent avoiding sleep so he wouldn’t go back to that place. Every time he was dreaming, it was somehow like fighting against death. 

Even the therapy sessions being recorded confirmed it. Although it turned out that he was the one trying to kill himself, which made him hate his own body, how he wished he could escape from it. 

At one point, he would unconsciously suffocate himself with a pillow, until he shook so bad that the doctors came in panicking. 

“To start off, my dream is always the same. Never changes, never ends.”

“Why would you say that it never ends? Do you always have a hard time getting up?”

“More like the dream itself is endless. I can't escape it and whenever I reach into the light, it brings me back into a dark abyss.”

“That happens when you feel fear, Kai,” Sehun answered before he continued, “Look upon the opposite of what you think is right, go into what you fear the most.”

Sehun looked calm, his eyes stared back into Kai’s as he smiled, “Here, let me warm you up so you can go back to your dreams fearful.”

Kai arched his eyebrows, as Sehun’s eyes widened, “I mean literally warm you up, come closer Kai.” He hesitated before he started sitting closer to Sehun, face to face. 

Then Sehun did something unexpected, as he leaned closer, Sehun’s hands resting on Kai’s chest, “You need to relax for you to feel it without any pain.”

“Breathe in, breathe out,” Kai did as Sehun told so, his eyes closing as he relaxed his body, “Don’t think about how scary your dream is, but think about how it’s an open gate for something you need.”

Kai thought of what he was told to, his eyes dozing off slowly as he felt a heat on his chest, as if Sehun was radiating heat into Kai. The heat got warmer and warmer until it felt very hot, that his mind could be boiling.

As Sehun pushed his hands against Kai, the heat suddenly coursing through all over his body as he dozed off, sleep taking him into his dream. 

The last thing he felt was someone’s hands steadying his back and someone whispering, “Be fearful.” 

 

 

He was back there, the endless maze he avoided so much. When Kai got back to the maze, the guardian was already there, as if waiting for him. The yellow eyes piercing into him, the eyes were angry, or had it always been angry?

Kai let his gaze around the maze, scrutinising it, before he realised, the maze itself was alive and breathing. But the walls were suddenly closing in, and he panicked.

Then someone chanted, “Be fearful,” and Kai complied, letting the walls close in around him. He looked up and he saw the guardian above him, flying and looking down on him, his eyes flitting angrily as e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter