Businessman

Marriage of Convenience

Mingyu’s POV

You’re here already… That’s fast.” I said

I’m here for the marriage. I’m sure your father already told you.” Ah, of course, the marriage.

So, I’ll be staying here until our marriage.

That’s great!!! Maids, please bring his luggage to my ro…

Guest room, please. I don’t think we should share a room until we are official.

You’re no fun… Wait, when is our marriage again?

Next week. They haven’t told you?

Next week!?

Wonwoo let out a soft chuckle. “Anyway, I’ll be unpacking in my room. Drop by if you need anything.

………………………………………………………………………

There is a knock on Wonwoo’s door. “Enter.

Hi, Wonwoo.

How can I help you?

C’mon, don’t be so polite with me.

Awkward silence…

How long has it been since the last time we met? Seven years, was it?

More awkward silence…

Just curious, what do you think about this whole… marriage thing? I was pretty shocked, you know. Suddenly marrying my long lost best friend…

I don’t care.

Sorry?

I said I don’t care. I do this because this is my father’s order. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ouch. It’s hurt. In my little heart, I hope, really really hope, that Wonwoo is happy with this marriage. That he loves me too, and want to live his happily ever after with me. And now he said he doesn’t care like it was nothing. I guess, romance is never that easy…

Don’t you think it’s better this way? We don’t have to go through all the painful dates and heart breaks. Today we’re single, and in one week we’ll be married. Then life goes on.

Date? That’s it!

Not having to go through painful dates, eh? Very well, from today until the marriage day, I will take you to a date. Every single day. Movie, amusement park, what else? Mountain? Oh, Beach! Definitely beach.

Wonwoo frowns.

Don’t give me that look, it will be fun!

I have jobs to be done, Mingyu.

I’ll talk to your parents. I’m sure they will let you have a vacation.

Look…

Right at that moment, a maid knocks the door. “Excuse me, Master Mingyu and Master Wonwoo. The lunch is ready.”

We’ll talk about this over the lunch.

……………………………………………………………………………….

We went to the dining room. There were only Chan, my younger cousin, in the dining table accompanied by Hansol, his personal butler.

I want chocolate!!! WHERE IS MY CHOCOLATE!!!” Chan’s scream can be heard across the room.

You have eaten a lot of chocolate, master Chan. Besides, you’re already 17, you’re not supposed to eat that much sweets.” Hansol replied calmly.

You’re so mean!

Hey, Wonwoo. This is Chan, my cousin, and Hansol, his butler.

Oh. Hi there, I’m Chan. Nice to meet you!

Good afternoon, Master Mingyu and Master Wonwoo.

Good afternoon. Now, Chan, was it? I will really appreciate it if you can eat your food silently. Mingyu and I have business to discuss.” Wonwoo said in intimidating manner. Well, he surely doesn’t know Chan.

WHAT!!! HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT!!! DON’T YOU KNOW WHO I…

Hansol quickly cover Chan’s mouth with his hand and said, “I apologize for the inconvenience. We will move to Master Chan’s room.” Then, he quickly drags Chan out of the dining room.

HEY!!! I’m not done yet with that arrogant boy.

Be quiet. I’ll give you chocolate if you just follow me quietly.

Finally. Now, about your proposal.” Wonwoo said as he sits down.

I won’t take no as an answer.

I’m not refusing.” He played with his phone for a while before giving his phone to me. “My job here is to manage our marriage. The suits, the rings, the cake, the pre-wedding photos.” He said while I was looking at Wonwoo’s schedule in his phone.

And you’ll be following me most of the time.

So, is this a date?

I wouldn’t call it that. But if you’re happy, sure.

It’s definitely a date.

………………………………………………………………………………

Chansol Corner

Chan is playing video games.

Master Chan, have you done your homework?

I don’t want to…

But Master Chan, you need to do your homework. You know who will get scolded if you don’t do your homework.

What will you give me if I do my homework?

Hansol frown, then ask, “What do you want?

I know. if I finish my homework, LET’S DIRTY JAM!!!

Hansol facepalmed and let out the longest sigh he has ever done in his whole life.

Not happening! Do you even know what dirty jam means?” Hansol said, a bit irritated.

Nope. But it sounds fun.

Hansol just ignores him and took out Chan’s homework to do it himself.

Fine then, just give me a kiss.” Chan said, his face gets a bit redder.

Hansol sigh again, “Just a kiss? Sure. But do your homework.

Chan snatches his homework book from Hansol’s hand and opens it, showing his completed homework.

When did…” Before he can finish, Chan pull him for a kiss.

He he… You fell for it.” Chan said before moving back to his video games.

If only he sees how red Hansol’s face was after the kiss.